From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: AUCTION
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 14:04:40 +1000
 by: jonz - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 04:04 UTC

Seems the bubble may have burst on ridiculous car prices!. Four hours in
and there are more passed in than sold.

    As an example, Kombi`s were *all*(dont quote me) *passed in* at
about *One third* of the prices they were *easily* selling for in
previous sales.

    Daryl might be pleased to know that the three pointed star did
pretty well. ;)

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene

Re: AUCTION

<simc8n$uo7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5881&group=aus.cars#5881

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: AUCTION
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:32:05 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 05:32 UTC

On 25/09/2021 2:04 pm, jonz wrote:
> Seems the bubble may have burst on ridiculous car prices!. Four hours in
> and there are more passed in than sold.
>
>     As an example, Kombi`s were *all*(dont quote me) *passed in* at
> about *One third* of the prices they were *easily* selling for in
> previous sales.
>
>     Daryl might be pleased to know that the three pointed star did
> pretty well. ;)

It ebbs and flows. Prices rise to insane levels and then they droip back
a little. Then they go up stupid again, and drop back a little bit. 2
steps forward, 1 step back.

I don't mind. I bought my Fairlane 3 years ago for 8 grand, and got
offered 25 for it earlier this year and haven't done a thing to it other
than pull the engine out and put it on a pallet.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: AUCTION

<ir7utrFj4anU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5885&group=aus.cars#5885

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 16:46:17 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 06:46 UTC

On 25/9/21 3:32 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 25/09/2021 2:04 pm, jonz wrote:
>> Seems the bubble may have burst on ridiculous car prices!. Four hours
>> in and there are more passed in than sold.
>>
>>      As an example, Kombi`s were *all*(dont quote me) *passed in* at
>> about *One third* of the prices they were *easily* selling for in
>> previous sales.
>>
>>      Daryl might be pleased to know that the three pointed star did
>> pretty well. ;)
>
> It ebbs and flows. Prices rise to insane levels and then they droip back
> a little. Then they go up stupid again, and drop back a little bit. 2
> steps forward, 1 step back.
>
> I don't mind. I bought my Fairlane 3 years ago for 8 grand, and got
> offered 25 for it earlier this year and haven't done a thing to it other
> than pull the engine out and put it on a pallet.

If you think car prices are nuts try caravans, son has been buying and
selling caravans because there is more money in it than cars.
He bought a 2017 large caravan from an auction in Qld, supposedly a
repairable write off but no one including me can find any damage, rules
for reregistering RW caravans are very different to cars, he paid $40k
delivered from Qld, got it registered a few days later and was offered
$65k soon after.
Didn't sell it because they decided to keep it, sold the one they
already had for double what he paid for it and it was sold and gone less
than 24hrs after being advertised.

--
Daryl

Re: AUCTION

<simiru$39j$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5886&group=aus.cars#5886

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 17:24:44 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 07:24 UTC

On 25/09/2021 4:46 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 25/9/21 3:32 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 25/09/2021 2:04 pm, jonz wrote:
>>> Seems the bubble may have burst on ridiculous car prices!. Four hours
>>> in and there are more passed in than sold.
>>>
>>>      As an example, Kombi`s were *all*(dont quote me) *passed in* at
>>> about *One third* of the prices they were *easily* selling for in
>>> previous sales.
>>>
>>>      Daryl might be pleased to know that the three pointed star did
>>> pretty well. ;)
>>
>> It ebbs and flows. Prices rise to insane levels and then they droip
>> back a little. Then they go up stupid again, and drop back a little
>> bit. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.
>>
>> I don't mind. I bought my Fairlane 3 years ago for 8 grand, and got
>> offered 25 for it earlier this year and haven't done a thing to it
>> other than pull the engine out and put it on a pallet.
>>

> If you think car prices are nuts try caravans, son has been buying and
> selling caravans because there is more money in it than cars.
> He bought a 2017 large caravan from an auction in Qld, supposedly a
> repairable write off but no one including me can find any damage, rules
> for reregistering RW caravans are very different to cars, he paid $40k
> delivered from Qld, got it registered a few days later and was offered
> $65k soon after.

For fuck's sake :)

The world is absolutely nuts at the moment. People are bored fucking
shitless and because there's a shortage of new cars they're paying
stupid money for *used* ones. I can't help feeling that some people are
going to shit themselves big time once the world gets back to some kind
of normal.

> Didn't sell it because they decided to keep it, sold the one they
> already had for double what he paid for it and it was sold and gone less
> than 24hrs after being advertised.

It's bizarre. The people next door recently bought a new van which they
had to wait some time for as while they're made here some components
were sourced from overseas (the US if I remember him saying) and there
was a backlog of containers waiting to be shipped. As soon as the
containers landed here they had their van finished and delivered within
a few days, and their old one was put straight on Marketplace where it
sold that same afternoon.

It's a fucking awesome time to be selling anything, but an insane time
for buyers.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: AUCTION

<ir82g0FjnrlU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5888&group=aus.cars#5888

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 17:47:11 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 07:47 UTC

On 25/9/21 5:24 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 25/09/2021 4:46 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> It ebbs and flows. Prices rise to insane levels and then they droip
>>> back a little. Then they go up stupid again, and drop back a little
>>> bit. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.
>>>
>>> I don't mind. I bought my Fairlane 3 years ago for 8 grand, and got
>>> offered 25 for it earlier this year and haven't done a thing to it
>>> other than pull the engine out and put it on a pallet.
>>>

>> If you think car prices are nuts try caravans, son has been buying and
>> selling caravans because there is more money in it than cars.
>> He bought a 2017 large caravan from an auction in Qld, supposedly a
>> repairable write off but no one including me can find any damage,
>> rules for reregistering RW caravans are very different to cars, he
>> paid $40k delivered from Qld, got it registered a few days later and
>> was offered $65k soon after.
>
> For fuck's sake :)
>
> The world is absolutely nuts at the moment. People are bored fucking
> shitless and because there's a shortage of new cars they're paying
> stupid money for *used* ones. I can't help feeling that some people are
> going to shit themselves big time once the world gets back to some kind
> of normal.
>
>> Didn't sell it because they decided to keep it, sold the one they
>> already had for double what he paid for it and it was sold and gone
>> less than 24hrs after being advertised.
>
> It's bizarre. The people next door recently bought a new van which they
> had to wait some time for as while they're made here some components
> were sourced from overseas (the US if I remember him saying) and there
> was a backlog of containers waiting to be shipped. As soon as the
> containers landed here they had their van finished and delivered within
> a few days, and their old one was put straight on Marketplace where it
> sold that same afternoon.
>
> It's a fucking awesome time to be selling anything, but an insane time
> for buyers.

Well, yeah, look at the heap of shit you paid $50k for. You were seen
coming a mile off.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: AUCTION

<ir8544Fk908U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5890&group=aus.cars#5890

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 18:32:01 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 08:32 UTC

On 25/9/21 5:24 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 25/09/2021 4:46 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> It ebbs and flows. Prices rise to insane levels and then they droip
>>> back a little. Then they go up stupid again, and drop back a little
>>> bit. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.
>>>
>>> I don't mind. I bought my Fairlane 3 years ago for 8 grand, and got
>>> offered 25 for it earlier this year and haven't done a thing to it
>>> other than pull the engine out and put it on a pallet.
>>>

>> If you think car prices are nuts try caravans, son has been buying and
>> selling caravans because there is more money in it than cars.
>> He bought a 2017 large caravan from an auction in Qld, supposedly a
>> repairable write off but no one including me can find any damage,
>> rules for reregistering RW caravans are very different to cars, he
>> paid $40k delivered from Qld, got it registered a few days later and
>> was offered $65k soon after.
>
> For fuck's sake :)
>
> The world is absolutely nuts at the moment.

Sure is.

People are bored fucking
> shitless and because there's a shortage of new cars they're paying
> stupid money for *used* ones.

Son's 2021 Landcruiser Sahara is now worth more than he paid for it
despite doing about 20,000km.

I can't help feeling that some people are
> going to shit themselves big time once the world gets back to some kind
> of normal.

I've been thinking about upgrading my car but I don't want to pay a
silly price which I might regret later.
We probably paid too much for the wife's Golf but we got $5k more for
the WRX than we expected so it worked out OK.

--
Daryl

Re: AUCTION

<ir87u3Fknr5U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5891&group=aus.cars#5891

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:20:03 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 09:20 UTC

On 25/09/2021 2:04 pm, jonz wrote:
> Seems the bubble may have burst on ridiculous car prices!. Four hours in
> and there are more passed in than sold.
>
>     As an example, Kombi`s were *all*(dont quote me) *passed in* at
> about *One third* of the prices they were *easily* selling for in
> previous sales.
>
>     Daryl might be pleased to know that the three pointed star did
> pretty well. ;)

Try this one:

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/AuctionLots.aspx?smode=0&aid=25652

Re: AUCTION

<simvh9$l67$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5893&group=aus.cars#5893

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 21:00:52 +1000
 by: jonz - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 11:00 UTC

On 9/25/2021 7:20 PM, keithr0 wrote:
> On 25/09/2021 2:04 pm, jonz wrote:
>> Seems the bubble may have burst on ridiculous car prices!. Four hours
>> in and there are more passed in than sold.
>>
>>      As an example, Kombi`s were *all*(dont quote me) *passed in* at
>> about *One third* of the prices they were *easily* selling for in
>> previous sales.
>>
>>      Daryl might be pleased to know that the three pointed star did
>> pretty well. ;)
>>

> Try this one:
>
> https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/AuctionLots.aspx?smode=0&aid=25652

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Thats what i`ve been watching, been following their lives for months.

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene
Spafford, 1992

Re: AUCTION

<sinkch$aa9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5894&group=aus.cars#5894

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 00:56:52 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 16:56 UTC

On 25/09/2021 3:24 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 25/09/2021 4:46 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> It ebbs and flows. Prices rise to insane levels and then they droip
>>> back a little. Then they go up stupid again, and drop back a little
>>> bit. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.
>>>
>>> I don't mind. I bought my Fairlane 3 years ago for 8 grand, and got
>>> offered 25 for it earlier this year and haven't done a thing to it
>>> other than pull the engine out and put it on a pallet.
>>>

>> If you think car prices are nuts try caravans, son has been buying and
>> selling caravans because there is more money in it than cars.
>> He bought a 2017 large caravan from an auction in Qld, supposedly a
>> repairable write off but no one including me can find any damage,
>> rules for reregistering RW caravans are very different to cars, he
>> paid $40k delivered from Qld, got it registered a few days later and
>> was offered $65k soon after.
>
> For fuck's sake :)
>
> The world is absolutely nuts at the moment. People are bored fucking
> shitless and because there's a shortage of new cars they're paying
> stupid money for *used* ones. I can't help feeling that some people are
> going to shit themselves big time once the world gets back to some kind
> of normal.
>
>> Didn't sell it because they decided to keep it, sold the one they
>> already had for double what he paid for it and it was sold and gone
>> less than 24hrs after being advertised.
>
> It's bizarre. The people next door recently bought a new van which they
> had to wait some time for as while they're made here some components
> were sourced from overseas (the US if I remember him saying) and there
> was a backlog of containers waiting to be shipped. As soon as the
> containers landed here they had their van finished and delivered within
> a few days, and their old one was put straight on Marketplace where it
> sold that same afternoon.
>
> It's a fucking awesome time to be selling anything, but an insane time
> for buyers.

That truck you bought in spades.

Re: AUCTION

<672b57aa-d869-4bc7-96ae-7cb60b0b9939n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6222&group=aus.cars#6222

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 02:58:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: bruc...@topmail.co.nz (Falscher Bruce)
 by: Falscher Bruce - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 09:58 UTC

On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 12:04:45 PM UTC+8, jonz wrote:
> Seems the bubble may have burst on ridiculous car prices!. Four hours in
> and there are more passed in than sold.

Sombody paid 1 million for a VS Commodore with 86 km on odometer.
It was a HSV GTSR (build number 1). Fark why is number 1 so special?
Really it was a Berlina with a stroked V8 and ridiculously huge rear wing.

Re: AUCTION

<sjjtbq$j5e$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6225&group=aus.cars#6225

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 21:21:46 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 10:21 UTC

On 6/10/2021 8:58 pm, Falscher Bruce wrote:
> On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 12:04:45 PM UTC+8, jonz wrote:
>> Seems the bubble may have burst on ridiculous car prices!. Four hours in
>> and there are more passed in than sold.
>>

> Sombody paid 1 million for a VS Commodore with 86 km on odometer.
> It was a HSV GTSR (build number 1). Fark why is number 1 so special?
> Really it was a Berlina with a stroked V8 and ridiculously huge rear wing.

It's collectable. Like anything else that's collectable, they have a
value that is driven by the number of people who want to own them. If
you don't understand this then no amount of explaining will do you any good.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: AUCTION

<is5ei2F8ufcU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6228&group=aus.cars#6228

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 22:10:55 +1100
 by: Xeno - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 11:10 UTC

On 6/10/21 9:21 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 6/10/2021 8:58 pm, Falscher Bruce wrote:
>> On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 12:04:45 PM UTC+8, jonz wrote:
>>> Seems the bubble may have burst on ridiculous car prices!. Four hours in
>>> and there are more passed in than sold.
>>>

>> Sombody paid 1 million for a VS Commodore with 86 km on odometer.
>> It was a HSV GTSR (build number 1). Fark why is number 1 so special?
>> Really it was a Berlina with a stroked V8 and ridiculously huge rear
>> wing.
>
> It's collectable. Like anything else that's collectable, they have a
> value that is driven by the number of people who want to own them. If
> you don't understand this then no amount of explaining will do you any
> good.

Like the $50k of *silly money* you plonked down on that F100 sight
unseen and haven't stopped whingeing about ever since. Any discussion or
explanation on value by you is as hollow and fake as you are.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: AUCTION

<sjk2f3$mrq$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6230&group=aus.cars#6230

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 19:48:53 +0800
 by: Clocky - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 11:48 UTC

On 6/10/2021 5:58 pm, Falscher Bruce wrote:
> On Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 12:04:45 PM UTC+8, jonz wrote:
>> Seems the bubble may have burst on ridiculous car prices!. Four hours in
>> and there are more passed in than sold.
>>

> Sombody paid 1 million for a VS Commodore with 86 km on odometer.
> It was a HSV GTSR (build number 1). Fark why is number 1 so special?
> Really it was a Berlina with a stroked V8 and ridiculously huge rear wing.

It's rare and collectable and an investment so easy to understand why
it's desirable.

Re: AUCTION

<ebn74wmjx6m7$.1w4vytnjwqnqx$.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6235&group=aus.cars#6235

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 05:38:39 +1000
 by: alvey - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 19:38 UTC

On Wed, 6 Oct 2021 21:21:46 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> It's collectable. Like anything else that's collectable, they have a
> value that is driven by the number of people who want to own them. If
> you don't understand this then no amount of explaining will do you any good.

Speaking of collectables.... How about a pix of that Grange collection
you've claimed to own Fraudster?

ps. Has Deryl sighted it *yet*?

alvey
“At the end of the day it is Oz and Oz alone who makes the claims about
himself, and the onus to prove them rests with him. Doing so would be such
a simple affair and it would shut up every single one of his detractors
around here for good, but that's *not* what he wants. He craves attention,
and as long as he does all you'll keep hearing from him is unconfirmed
fantasy and fairytales.” Fraudster, 21/12/07

Re: AUCTION

<is6s6kFhdkmU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6237&group=aus.cars#6237

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 11:09:56 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 00:09 UTC

On 7/10/21 6:38 am, alvey wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Oct 2021 21:21:46 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>

>> It's collectable. Like anything else that's collectable, they have a
>> value that is driven by the number of people who want to own them. If
>> you don't understand this then no amount of explaining will do you any good.
>
> Speaking of collectables.... How about a pix of that Grange collection
> you've claimed to own Fraudster?
>
> ps. Has Deryl sighted it *yet*?

It'll be *on the desk in his office*. And then it won't.

> alvey
> “At the end of the day it is Oz and Oz alone who makes the claims about
> himself, and the onus to prove them rests with him. Doing so would be such
> a simple affair and it would shut up every single one of his detractors
> around here for good, but that's *not* what he wants. He craves attention,
> and as long as he does all you'll keep hearing from him is unconfirmed
> fantasy and fairytales.” Fraudster, 21/12/07

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: AUCTION

<64a8auly0p5c$.79bxl8a7m7m8$.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6238&group=aus.cars#6238

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 11:09:44 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 01:09 UTC

On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 11:09:56 +1100, Xeno wrote:

> On 7/10/21 6:38 am, alvey wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 Oct 2021 21:21:46 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>>

>>> It's collectable. Like anything else that's collectable, they have a
>>> value that is driven by the number of people who want to own them. If
>>> you don't understand this then no amount of explaining will do you any good.
>>
>> Speaking of collectables.... How about a pix of that Grange collection
>> you've claimed to own Fraudster?
>>
>> ps. Has Deryl sighted it *yet*?
>>
> It'll be *on the desk in his office*. And then it won't.

Or, "I just sold them all. Got a really good price too!"

alvey
"Yeah, I don't think so pal. I'm not the cock tugger who thinks I'm
better than anyone else because I dropped a wackload of coin on a new car".
Der Der, 13Oct17

"As the topic line suggested, we bought a new car yesterday which is a
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander. Fucking awesome bit of kit for 67
grand.". Der Der, 21Oct18, threadstarter.

2020: Der Der starts a new thread (again) to advertise his claim that he
just bought a useless, ugly & unsafe 60yo wreck for $50k.

Nope. No hypocrisy there hey Fraudster!

Re: AUCTION

<sjlif7$g4o$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6240&group=aus.cars#6240

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 08:28:07 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 00:28 UTC

On 7/10/2021 9:09 am, alvey wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 11:09:56 +1100, Xeno wrote:

>>> Speaking of collectables.... How about a pix of that Grange collection
>>> you've claimed to own Fraudster?
>>>
>>> ps. Has Deryl sighted it *yet*?
>>>
>> It'll be *on the desk in his office*. And then it won't.
>
> Or, "I just sold them all. Got a really good price too!"
>

> alvey
> "Yeah, I don't think so pal. I'm not the cock tugger who thinks I'm
> better than anyone else because I dropped a wackload of coin on a new car".
> Der Der, 13Oct17
>
> "As the topic line suggested, we bought a new car yesterday which is a
> 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander. Fucking awesome bit of kit for 67
> grand.". Der Der, 21Oct18, threadstarter.
>
> 2020: Der Der starts a new thread (again) to advertise his claim that he
> just bought a useless, ugly & unsafe 60yo wreck for $50k.
>
> Nope. No hypocrisy there hey Fraudster!

....and not a squeak from his blind mice aka his enablers.