From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Chiltern Railways urges essential Easter travel only
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2023 10:11:27 +0100
 by: Graeme Wall - Thu, 6 Apr 2023 09:11 UTC

Nuneham viaduct closed!
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-65198854>
--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: Chiltern Railways urges essential Easter travel only

<a3$t3lHFBpLkFAze@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=59158&group=uk.railway#59158

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2023 10:26:29 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Thu, 6 Apr 2023 09:26 UTC

In message <u0m2bv$a2ac$1@dont-email.me>, at 10:11:27 on Thu, 6 Apr
2023, Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> remarked:
>Nuneham viaduct closed!
><https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-65198854>

Yes, it's a bit lost in the small print, but the main story here is the
closure for weeks (and bustitution) of GWR/XC, rather than Chiltern
getting cold feet for a couple of days about the number of people who
might use their trains instead - what with WCML closure too).

Sadly, Great Northern last weekend (which was bustituting quite a bit)
said they couldn't source sufficient buses and could people just stay at
home please.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Chiltern Railways urges essential Easter travel only

<u0n3j6$f2om$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=59200&group=uk.railway#59200

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk (Coffee)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2023 19:38:30 +0100
 by: Coffee - Thu, 6 Apr 2023 18:38 UTC

On 06/04/2023 10:26, Roland Perry wrote:
> In message <u0m2bv$a2ac$1@dont-email.me>, at 10:11:27 on Thu, 6 Apr
> 2023, Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> remarked:
>> Nuneham viaduct closed!
>> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-65198854>
>
> Yes, it's a bit lost in the small print, but the main story here is the
> closure for weeks (and bustitution) of GWR/XC, rather than Chiltern
> getting cold feet for a couple of days about the number of people who
> might use their trains instead - what with WCML closure too).
>
> Sadly, Great Northern last weekend (which was bustituting quite a bit)
> said they couldn't source sufficient buses and could people just stay at
> home please.

We have the same problem in south Wales.

TfW cannot rustle up enough road transportation to resource a full fail
replacement bus services to cover the full Cardiff - Bridgend via Vale
of Glamorgan service in the evenings so it become two hourly rather then
hourly during engineering works.