The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.

aus+uk / aus.politics / Re: OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineByker
`* OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineSevenOverSix
 `* OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineDaniel65
  +- OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineRod Speed
  +* Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineByker
  |`* Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineSevenOverSix
  | `* Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineFran
  |  `* Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineByker
  |   `* Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato faminePetzl
  |    `* Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineMountain Magpie
  |     `* Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineSevenOverSix
  |      +- Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineRod Speed
  |      +- Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineFran
  |      `- Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineByker
  +* OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineFran
  |+- OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineRod Speed
  |`- Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineByker
  `- OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famineSevenOverSix

1
Re: OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<l_idnSqsca8JOrL8nZ2dnUU7-YvNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5919&group=aus.politics#5919

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Subject: Re: OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 11:17:24 -0500
 by: Byker - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 16:17 UTC

"Eric@" wrote in message

> The total population on the island of Ireland in 1851 was 6.6 million.
> Including today's Northern Ireland population of 1.89 million, the island
> now has 6.9 million people."
> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/31/ireland-population-surpasses-5m-for-first-time-since-1851
>
> https://is.gd/atAb0t

We'll see how well they welcome a million Muslim "migrants"...

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6224&group=aus.politics#6224

Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
From: hae274c....@nowhere (SevenOverSix)
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 21:38:40 -0400
 by: SevenOverSix - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 01:38 UTC

On 9/1/21 12:17 PM, Byker wrote:
> "Eric@"  wrote in message
>>
>> The total population on the island of Ireland in 1851 was 6.6 million.
>> Including today's Northern Ireland population of 1.89 million, the island
>> now has 6.9 million people."
>> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/31/ireland-population-surpasses-5m-for-first-time-since-1851
>>

>> https://is.gd/atAb0t
>
> We'll see how well they welcome a million Muslim "migrants"...

Brit news today, a 29 year old Afghan man STABBED
a 60+ woman in the neck several times in a public
park. Her crime against Sharia - she was a gardener
and WORKING.

It is unclear whether the woman will survive. The
jihadi though is PROUD of himself.

As for the Potato Famine - yea, it WAS bad. It was
made much WORSE by the class/economic paradigms of
the day. The overlords demanded product, and did
not give a shit how many starved in the meantime.
They made potato THE crop - there wasn't enough
of anything else to eat and the bosses sure as
hell weren't going to buy it from abroad.

If the UK/EU tries to send a zillion Islamist
"refugees" to Ireland it'll be the same arrogant
WhoGivesAShitAboutTheIrish attitude as back in
the Potato days. Just dump the cultural toxic
waste in Ireland and who cares about the results.

Re: OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<sh4vn6$od3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6248&group=aus.politics#6248

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 21:57:23 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 11:57 UTC

SevenOverSix wrote on 6/9/21 11:38 am:
> On 9/1/21 12:17 PM, Byker wrote:
>> "Eric@"  wrote in message
>>>
>>> The total population on the island of Ireland in 1851 was 6.6 million.
>>> Including today's Northern Ireland population of 1.89 million, the
>>> island
>>> now has 6.9 million people."
>>> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/31/ireland-population-surpasses-5m-for-first-time-since-1851
>>>

>>> https://is.gd/atAb0t
>>
>> We'll see how well they welcome a million Muslim "migrants"...
>

>   Brit news today, a 29 year old Afghan man STABBED
>   a 60+ woman in the neck several times in a public
>   park. Her crime against Sharia - she was a gardener
>   and WORKING.
>
>   It is unclear whether the woman will survive. The
>   jihadi though is PROUD of himself.
>
>   As for the Potato Famine - yea, it WAS bad. It was
>   made much WORSE by the class/economic paradigms of
>   the day. The overlords demanded product, and did
>   not give a shit how many starved in the meantime.
>   They made potato THE crop - there wasn't enough
>   of anything else to eat and the bosses sure as
>   hell weren't going to buy it from abroad.
>
>   If the UK/EU tries to send a zillion Islamist
>   "refugees" to Ireland it'll be the same arrogant
>   WhoGivesAShitAboutTheIrish attitude as back in
>   the Potato days. Just dump the cultural toxic
>   waste in Ireland and who cares about the results.

No, because "back in the Potato days" it was Irish doing it to Irish,
wasn't it?? Or was it English doing it to Irish??
--
Daniel

Re: OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<ipnclnF8d90U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6271&group=aus.politics#6271

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 06:40:20 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 20:40 UTC

Daniel65 <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote
> SevenOverSix wrote on 6/9/21 11:38 am:
>> On 9/1/21 12:17 PM, Byker wrote:
>>> "Eric@" wrote in message

>>> We'll see how well they welcome a million Muslim "migrants"...
>>

>> Brit news today, a 29 year old Afghan man STABBED
>> a 60+ woman in the neck several times in a public
>> park. Her crime against Sharia - she was a gardener
>> and WORKING.
>>
>> It is unclear whether the woman will survive. The
>> jihadi though is PROUD of himself.
>>
>> As for the Potato Famine - yea, it WAS bad. It was
>> made much WORSE by the class/economic paradigms of
>> the day. The overlords demanded product, and did
>> not give a shit how many starved in the meantime.
>> They made potato THE crop - there wasn't enough
>> of anything else to eat and the bosses sure as
>> hell weren't going to buy it from abroad.
>>
>> If the UK/EU tries to send a zillion Islamist
>> "refugees" to Ireland it'll be the same arrogant
>> WhoGivesAShitAboutTheIrish attitude as back in
>> the Potato days. Just dump the cultural toxic
>> waste in Ireland and who cares about the results.
>
> No, because "back in the Potato days" it was Irish doing it to Irish,
> wasn't it??

Nope.

> Or was it English doing it to Irish??

Yep. It was after all an english colony.

Re: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<duSdnVY-X9ZZP6v8nZ2dnUU7-RnNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6286&group=aus.politics#6286

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 18:22:44 -0500
 by: Byker - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 23:22 UTC

"Daniel65" wrote in message news:sh4vn6$od3$1@dont-email.me...

> No, because "back in the Potato days" it was Irish doing it to Irish,
> wasn't it?? Or was it English doing it to Irish??

Or in my case, the English doing it to the Ulster Scots,
who got smart and sailed over to this side of the pond...

Re: OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<sh6lc6$n9i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6308&group=aus.politics#6308

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 13:13:12 +1000
 by: Fran - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 03:13 UTC

On 6/09/2021 9:57 pm, Daniel65 wrote:
> SevenOverSix wrote on 6/9/21 11:38 am:
>> On 9/1/21 12:17 PM, Byker wrote:
>>> "Eric@"  wrote in message

>>> We'll see how well they welcome a million Muslim "migrants"...
>>

>>    Brit news today, a 29 year old Afghan man STABBED
>>    a 60+ woman in the neck several times in a public
>>    park. Her crime against Sharia - she was a gardener
>>    and WORKING.
>>
>>    It is unclear whether the woman will survive. The
>>    jihadi though is PROUD of himself.
>>
>>    As for the Potato Famine - yea, it WAS bad. It was
>>    made much WORSE by the class/economic paradigms of
>>    the day. The overlords demanded product, and did
>>    not give a shit how many starved in the meantime.
>>    They made potato THE crop - there wasn't enough
>>    of anything else to eat and the bosses sure as
>>    hell weren't going to buy it from abroad.
>>
>>    If the UK/EU tries to send a zillion Islamist
>>    "refugees" to Ireland it'll be the same arrogant
>>    WhoGivesAShitAboutTheIrish attitude as back in
>>    the Potato days. Just dump the cultural toxic
>>    waste in Ireland and who cares about the results.
>
> No, because "back in the Potato days" it was Irish doing it to Irish,
> wasn't it?? Or was it English doing it to Irish??

Much of the land in Ireland in the mid 19th C was owned by Brits and
many of the Irish were tenant farmers. When the Great Famine arrived,
(IIRC that was in the 1840s but there were a few smaller ones and there
were similar crop failures at that time through other parts of Europe)
many Irish, did or nearly, starved. The potato crop which is was a
chief source of food for the Irish got 'blight'. Potatoes became a
staple because, as a buried crop, it was something that the landlord's
agents wouldn't remove as it'd require them to get their hands dirty.
The landlords may or may not have known of the famine as they left the
dealings with the Irish to their land agents.

There was some interesting reports to the UK Parliament about it - I
think I've read some of parts of them but it was now such a long time
ago that I can't dredge up more than a memory of their existence.

Re: OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<Tqydnc3g9qpkfqv8nZ2dnUU7-dOdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6311&group=aus.politics#6311

Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
From: hae274c....@nowhere (SevenOverSix)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 00:00:57 -0400
 by: SevenOverSix - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 04:00 UTC

On 9/6/21 7:57 AM, Daniel65 wrote:
> SevenOverSix wrote on 6/9/21 11:38 am:
>> On 9/1/21 12:17 PM, Byker wrote:
>>> "Eric@"  wrote in message

>>> We'll see how well they welcome a million Muslim "migrants"...
>>

>>    Brit news today, a 29 year old Afghan man STABBED
>>    a 60+ woman in the neck several times in a public
>>    park. Her crime against Sharia - she was a gardener
>>    and WORKING.
>>
>>    It is unclear whether the woman will survive. The
>>    jihadi though is PROUD of himself.
>>
>>    As for the Potato Famine - yea, it WAS bad. It was
>>    made much WORSE by the class/economic paradigms of
>>    the day. The overlords demanded product, and did
>>    not give a shit how many starved in the meantime.
>>    They made potato THE crop - there wasn't enough
>>    of anything else to eat and the bosses sure as
>>    hell weren't going to buy it from abroad.
>>
>>    If the UK/EU tries to send a zillion Islamist
>>    "refugees" to Ireland it'll be the same arrogant
>>    WhoGivesAShitAboutTheIrish attitude as back in
>>    the Potato days. Just dump the cultural toxic
>>    waste in Ireland and who cares about the results.
>
> No, because "back in the Potato days" it was Irish doing it to Irish,
> wasn't it?? Or was it English doing it to Irish??

SOME Irish - but mostly English.

This stuff can be found online.

Re: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<Tqydnczg9qqmeav8nZ2dnUU7-dMAAAAA@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6312&group=aus.politics#6312

Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
From: hae274c....@nowhere (SevenOverSix)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 00:02:03 -0400
 by: SevenOverSix - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 04:02 UTC

On 9/6/21 7:22 PM, Byker wrote:
> "Daniel65"  wrote in message news:sh4vn6$od3$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>> No, because "back in the Potato days" it was Irish doing it to Irish,
>> wasn't it?? Or was it English doing it to Irish??
>
> Or in my case, the English doing it to the Ulster Scots, who got smart
> and sailed over to this side of the pond...

Notice how FEW live in Nova Scotia though :-)

Re: OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<ipo7gcFd4ahU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6316&group=aus.politics#6316

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 14:18:16 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 04:18 UTC

Fran <f2r2a3@loonynutters.com> wrote
> Daniel65 wrote
>> SevenOverSix wrote on 6/9/21 11:38 am:

>>> Brit news today, a 29 year old Afghan man STABBED
>>> a 60+ woman in the neck several times in a public
>>> park. Her crime against Sharia - she was a gardener
>>> and WORKING.
>>>
>>> It is unclear whether the woman will survive. The
>>> jihadi though is PROUD of himself.
>>>
>>> As for the Potato Famine - yea, it WAS bad. It was
>>> made much WORSE by the class/economic paradigms of
>>> the day. The overlords demanded product, and did
>>> not give a shit how many starved in the meantime.
>>> They made potato THE crop - there wasn't enough
>>> of anything else to eat and the bosses sure as
>>> hell weren't going to buy it from abroad.
>>>
>>> If the UK/EU tries to send a zillion Islamist
>>> "refugees" to Ireland it'll be the same arrogant
>>> WhoGivesAShitAboutTheIrish attitude as back in
>>> the Potato days. Just dump the cultural toxic
>>> waste in Ireland and who cares about the results.
>>
>> No, because "back in the Potato days" it was Irish doing it to Irish,
>> wasn't it?? Or was it English doing it to Irish??
>
> Much of the land in Ireland in the mid 19th C was owned by Brits and many
> of the Irish were tenant farmers. When the Great Famine arrived, (IIRC
> that was in the 1840s but there were a few smaller ones and there were
> similar crop failures at that time through other parts of Europe) many
> Irish, did or nearly, starved. The potato crop which is was a chief
> source of food for the Irish got 'blight'.

> Potatoes became a staple because, as a buried crop, it was something that
> the landlord's agents wouldn't remove as it'd require them to get their
> hands dirty.

More mindless pig ignorant silly Flanshit.

> The landlords may or may not have known of the famine as they left the
> dealings with the Irish to their land agents.

Who would have used goons to remove the potatoes, fuckwit.

> There was some interesting reports to the UK Parliament about it - I think
> I've read some of parts of them but it was now such a long time ago that I
> can't dredge up more than a memory of their existence.

And are too stupid to even comprehend the basics, as always.

Re: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<sh6spe$o4a$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6319&group=aus.politics#6319

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 15:19:44 +1000
 by: Fran - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 05:19 UTC

On 7/09/2021 2:02 pm, SevenOverSix wrote:
> On 9/6/21 7:22 PM, Byker wrote:
>> "Daniel65"  wrote in message news:sh4vn6$od3$1@dont-email.me...
>>>
>>> No, because "back in the Potato days" it was Irish doing it to Irish,
>>> wasn't it?? Or was it English doing it to Irish??
>>
>> Or in my case, the English doing it to the Ulster Scots, who got smart
>> and sailed over to this side of the pond...

The poorer ones went to North America. The more well off Ulster Scots
could afford the fares to Australasia.

Re: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<9_KdnWcgFJT2cqr8nZ2dnUU7-IfNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6376&group=aus.politics#6376

Path: i2pn2.org!rocksolid2!news.neodome.net!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed8.news.xs4all.nl!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr3.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.earthlink.com!news.earthlink.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 18:02:02 -0500
 by: Byker - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 23:02 UTC

"Fran" wrote in message news:sh6lc6$n9i$1@dont-email.me...

> Much of the land in Ireland in the mid 19th C was owned by Brits and many
> of the Irish were tenant farmers. When the Great Famine arrived, (IIRC
> that was in the 1840s but there were a few smaller ones and there were
> similar crop failures at that time through other parts of Europe) many
> Irish, did or nearly, starved. The potato crop which is was a chief
> source of food for the Irish got 'blight'.

The Irish "Lumper" potato is still around, and still
susceptible to blight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp3Ms9C1XiI

And what did they farm BEFORE the potato?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C5UAzWIGW4

> Potatoes became a staple because, as a buried crop, it was something that
> the landlord's agents wouldn't remove as it'd require them to get their
> hands dirty. The landlords may or may not have known of the famine as they
> left the dealings with the Irish to their land agents.

It was not uncommon for British landlords to pay their
tenants' passage to America just to be RID of them...

Re: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<cKydnbcBfqIZbqr8nZ2dnUU7-avNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6379&group=aus.politics#6379

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 18:19:31 -0500
 by: Byker - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 23:19 UTC

"Fran" wrote in message news:sh6spe$o4a$2@dont-email.me...

On 7/09/2021 2:02 pm, SevenOverSix wrote:
> On 9/6/21 7:22 PM, Byker wrote:
>>>
>>> Or in my case, the English doing it to the Ulster Scots, who got smart
>>> and sailed over to this side of the pond...
>
> The poorer ones went to North America. The more well off Ulster Scots
> could afford the fares to Australasia.

In the age of sail, I wonder how many survived the voyage.

It was considered quite normal for a quarter of the passengers to die during
an Atlantic crossing. The corpses would be hauled on deck and tossed
overboard without ceremony...

Re: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<vvtfjglufvd5n0f494tfkartp8vhsajnjc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6382&group=aus.politics#6382

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 09:45:38 +1000
 by: Petzl - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 23:45 UTC

On Tue, 7 Sep 2021 18:19:31 -0500, "Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:

>"Fran" wrote in message news:sh6spe$o4a$2@dont-email.me...

>> The poorer ones went to North America. The more well off Ulster Scots
>> could afford the fares to Australasia.
>
>In the age of sail, I wonder how many survived the voyage.
>
>It was considered quite normal for a quarter of the passengers to die during
>an Atlantic crossing. The corpses would be hauled on deck and tossed
>overboard without ceremony...

The so called "potato famine" in Ireland was caused by the English who
were overseas landlords of Ireland, the potato shortage just meant all
food was being taken from the Irish to be sold to the English.
The English also sold the Irish as slave labor
Reality many Irish were slaves sent over to US as convicts
Chained up and whipped, forced to work. Often for the crime of simply
being Irish.
That's not "sentence", that's slavery.
--
Petzl
What is the harm of for the Democrats validating the voting system.

Amazing to think that Lyndon Johnson perfected the
'sit-wait-see how many we need to win-then dump our
stuffed ballots at the last moment' electoral technique
in post-war Texas, and nothing has changed in US elections
in the 7 decades since.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_United_States_Senate_election_in_Texas#Legal_battle>
The Left is fine with Vaccine Cards
but NOT voter IDs. Paying attention yet?

Re: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<ipqtidFss89U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6407&group=aus.politics#6407

From: Leu...@bluemountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 04:43:03 -0000
<kt1gjgdgtrtcefedadb4lehhh6s7id904u@4ax.com>
 by: Mountain Magpie - Wed, 8 Sep 2021 04:43 UTC

On Wed, 08 Sep 2021 10:47:03 +1000, Petzl posted:-

> >Paul "The closet Poof" Keating has never got over that.
> >
> >Mr Irrelevant Keating just can't keep his trap shut these days when
> >it comes to politics.
> >
> Maybe I'm not reading the right papers, see him mentioned only rarely

he was wetting his panties the other day about how naughty
Australia is being to China. Maybe he is another spy in the ALP (in
their fine tradition?)

Or maybe his live in Indonesian boy friend, as well as getting into
Cheating's pants, has been bending his ear as well?
> --

Re: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<CaKdnWfVpNgQzaX8nZ2dnUU7-TnNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6409&group=aus.politics#6409

Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
<duSdnVY-X9ZZP6v8nZ2dnUU7-RnNnZ2d@earthlink.com>
<Tqydnczg9qqmeav8nZ2dnUU7-dMAAAAA@earthlink.com> <sh6spe$o4a$2@dont-email.me>
<ipqeeiFpp39U6@mid.individual.net>
From: hae274c....@nowhere (SevenOverSix)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 01:56:28 -0400
 by: SevenOverSix - Wed, 8 Sep 2021 05:56 UTC

On 9/8/21 12:43 AM, Mountain Magpie wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Sep 2021 10:47:03 +1000, Petzl posted:-
>
>>> Paul "The closet Poof" Keating has never got over that.
>>>
>>> Mr Irrelevant Keating just can't keep his trap shut these days when
>>> it comes to politics.
>>>
>> Maybe I'm not reading the right papers, see him mentioned only rarely
>
> he was wetting his panties the other day about how naughty
> Australia is being to China. Maybe he is another spy in the ALP (in
> their fine tradition?)
>
> Or maybe his live in Indonesian boy friend, as well as getting into
> Cheating's pants, has been bending his ear as well?

CCP agent for sure ......

Oh well, Oz has gone off the deep end now :

- - - -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9968027/Covid-19-Australia-Jewish-worshippers-slammed-police-appalling-Melbourne-synagogue-gathering.html

'Selfish' Jewish worshippers are slammed for brazen Melbourne
synagogue gathering - as it's revealed lockdown breakers climbed ROOFS
to escape police during violent stand-off-

- - - -

Did they just burn down the Synagogue with all
inside ? Didn't say exactly .......

So, LET the CCP have them. Might actually be
an IMPROVEMENT. Oz has gone TOTALLY off the
deep end. Next week it will be autonomous
kill-drones seeking out anybody who steps
outside to talk to their neighbor .....

Once I thought highly of Oz, seemed much like
the USA in the sensible 40s/50s but with a
certain libertine flair. But NOW ... YIKES !!!
Seig HEIL ....

Re: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<ipr3asFu08dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6412&group=aus.politics#6412

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 16:25:27 +1000
References: <MPG.3b9869769b4c311c989b8d@news.eternal-september.org> <l_idnSqsca8JOrL8nZ2dnUU7-YvNnZ2d@earthlink.com> <td-dnTx4V6W87Kj8nZ2dnUU7-YXNnZ2d@earthlink.com> <sh4vn6$od3$1@dont-email.me> <duSdnVY-X9ZZP6v8nZ2dnUU7-RnNnZ2d@earthlink.com> <Tqydnczg9qqmeav8nZ2dnUU7-dMAAAAA@earthlink.com> <sh6spe$o4a$2@dont-email.me> <cKydnbcBfqIZbqr8nZ2dnUU7-avNnZ2d@earthlink.com> <vvtfjglufvd5n0f494tfkartp8vhsajnjc@4ax.com> <ipqeeiFpp39U6@mid.individual.net> <kt1gjgdgtrtcefedadb4lehhh6s7id904u@4ax.com> <ipqtidFss89U2@mid.individual.net> <CaKdnWfVpNgQzaX8nZ2dnUU7-TnNnZ2d@earthlink.com>
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 8 Sep 2021 06:25 UTC

SevenOverSix <hae274c.net> wrote
> Mountain Magpie wrote
>> Petzl wrote

>>> Maybe I'm not reading the right papers, see him mentioned only rarely
>>
>> he was wetting his panties the other day about how naughty
>> Australia is being to China. Maybe he is another spy in the ALP (in
>> their fine tradition?)
>>
>> Or maybe his live in Indonesian boy friend, as well as getting into
>> Cheating's pants, has been bending his ear as well?
>
> CCP agent for sure ......
>
> Oh well, Oz has gone off the deep end now :
>
> - - - -
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9968027/Covid-19-Australia-Jewish-worshippers-slammed-police-appalling-Melbourne-synagogue-gathering.html
>
> 'Selfish' Jewish worshippers are slammed for brazen Melbourne synagogue
> gathering - as it's revealed lockdown breakers climbed ROOFS to escape
> police during violent stand-off-
>
> - - - -
>
> Did they just burn down the Synagogue with all inside ?

Nope, issued them with the very substantial fine
that applys to gatherings of more than the allowed
number of people for that sort of activity.

> Didn't say exactly .......

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-07/victoria-police-responding-possible-breaches-religious-gathering/100441768
does, you need a better news source.

> So, LET the CCP have them. Might actually be an IMPROVEMENT.

> Oz has gone TOTALLY off the deep end.

More of your mindless bullshit.

> Next week it will be autonomous
> kill-drones seeking out anybody who steps
> outside to talk to their neighbor .....

More of your mindless bullshit.

> Once I thought highly of Oz, seemed much like
> the USA in the sensible 40s/50s but with a
> certain libertine flair. But NOW ... YIKES !!!
> Seig HEIL ....

More of your mindless bullshit.

Re: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<sh9pv6$jml$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6424&group=aus.politics#6424

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 17:49:18 +1000
<duSdnVY-X9ZZP6v8nZ2dnUU7-RnNnZ2d@earthlink.com>
<Tqydnczg9qqmeav8nZ2dnUU7-dMAAAAA@earthlink.com> <sh6spe$o4a$2@dont-email.me>
<cKydnbcBfqIZbqr8nZ2dnUU7-avNnZ2d@earthlink.com>
<vvtfjglufvd5n0f494tfkartp8vhsajnjc@4ax.com>
<ipqeeiFpp39U6@mid.individual.net>
<kt1gjgdgtrtcefedadb4lehhh6s7id904u@4ax.com>
<ipqtidFss89U2@mid.individual.net>
<CaKdnWfVpNgQzaX8nZ2dnUU7-TnNnZ2d@earthlink.com>
 by: Fran - Wed, 8 Sep 2021 07:49 UTC

On 8/09/2021 3:56 pm, SevenOverSix wrote:
> On 9/8/21 12:43 AM, Mountain Magpie wrote:
>> On Wed, 08 Sep 2021 10:47:03 +1000, Petzl posted:-

>> Or maybe his live in Indonesian boy friend, as well as getting into
>> Cheating's pants, has been bending his ear as well?
>
>   CCP agent for sure ......

WTF???????

The clueless are at it again!

They clearly don't know about Paul Keating and his relationship with
Julieanne Newbould!

Re: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine

<74WdnaTzIduTeqX8nZ2dnUU7-e3NnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6433&group=aus.politics#6433

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: can.politics,soc.culture.ireland,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 11:38:37 -0500
 by: Byker - Wed, 8 Sep 2021 16:38 UTC

On 9/8/21 12:43 AM, Mountain Magpie wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Sep 2021 10:47:03 +1000, Petzl posted:-
>
>>> Paul "The closet Poof" Keating has never got over that.
>>>
>>> Mr Irrelevant Keating just can't keep his trap shut these days when
>>> it comes to politics.
>>>
>> Maybe I'm not reading the right papers, see him mentioned only rarely
>
> he was wetting his panties the other day about how naughty
> Australia is being to China. Maybe he is another spy in the ALP (in
> their fine tradition?)

Nothing secret about that: https://tinyurl.com/wtmc3czp

aus+uk / aus.politics / Re: OT: Ireland still recovering from 19th-century potato famine