From: ton...@bancom.co.uk (tony sayer)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Seizewell
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 15:25:41 +0100
 by: tony sayer - Sat, 29 May 2021 14:25 UTC

In article <DbmdneRiyZ5dWj79nZ2dnUU78IHNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>,
Dudbridge Donkey <junk@broadband2k.plus.com> scribeth thus
>On 18/05/2021 11:20, Recliner wrote:
>> Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>>> In message <DRroI.159566$UbM6.30360@fx14.ams1>, at 10:48:03 on Mon, 17
>>> May 2021, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> The original closure was supposed to be for six weeks (in the fifth week
>>> now) and they are hoping this kind of maintenance will keep it running
>>> until 2055 - 20 yrs longer than its design life.
>>
>> Meanwhile, the RR SMR concept is moving forward:
>>
>> Rolls-Royce seeks private funds to power nuclear project
>>
>> <https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/5799982c-b73c-11eb-98e3-d1306649ebf7?share
>Token=8b60243d7684429f0a1c7e97702b1381>
>>
>> <https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/05/17/rolls-royce-seeks-300m-mini-
>nuke-power-stations/>
>>
>> A consortium led by Rolls-Royce is in talks to raise £300m for the
>> development of mini nuclear reactors it hopes can make Britain a world
>> leader in renewable energy and power the “green industrial revolution”.
>----SNIP----
>> The first is priced at £2.2bn, but unit costs are expected to fall to
>> £1.8bn after the first five are operational.
>>
>> … continues
>>
>-----------------
>
>Three things, firstly such an idea will of course never go down with the
>'greens' or any local population,

Fuck the Greems! their the worst people to deal with a real world
problem.

I've f got a prominent one he near here, stupid bint, burns logs in an
open fire thats pulls the heat in her house outside with an oversized
chimney..

>Secondly to quote the turtle from the British Electric adverts, will
>they be 'turn off and on-able'? depending on the needs of the grid and
>
>Thirdly, given fusion reactors are 10 years away* why spend money on
>fission?

Yes fusion...

As and when maybe in our lifetimes -- but in the meantime?...

--
Tony Sayer