24 Apr, 2024: Testing a new version of the Overboard here. If you have an issue post about it to rocksolid.nodes.help

aus+uk / aus.cars / Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first

SubjectAuthor
* Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this firstDaryl
+* Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this firstJohn_H
|+- Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this firstNoddy
|`- Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this firstDaryl
+* Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this firstkeithr0
|+- Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this firstNoddy
|`* Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this firstFalscher Bruce
| `* Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this firstMountain Magpie
|  `- Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this firstlindsay
`* Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this firstlindsay
 +- Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this firstDaryl
 `- Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this firstYosemite Sam

1
Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first

<iro9skFncv2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6011&group=aus.cars#6011

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 21:31:30 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 11:31 UTC

https://www.queenslandjudgments.com.au/caselaw/qcat/2021/316

To summarize in 2018 a Mr Rigby bought a new LDV T60 ute and the
purchase price included "rust protection" which was done pre delivery.
Couple of years later it had lots of rust and the independent quote to
repair it was around $49,000.00, new ute cost around $38,000.
The court concluded that "poor quality" materials were used in the
vehicles construction, the court then ordered that Mr Rigby should
return the ute to the seller and that the seller (dealer) has to refund
the full purchase price.
Something to think about if anyone is thinking about buying a Chinese
vehicle.

--
Daryl

Re: Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first

<65uelglai9ff18560td18fbjpuphshj1ua@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6020&group=aus.cars#6020

From: john4...@hotmail.com (John_H)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 07:10:10 +1000
 by: John_H - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 21:10 UTC

Daryl wrote:

>https://www.queenslandjudgments.com.au/caselaw/qcat/2021/316
>
>To summarize in 2018 a Mr Rigby bought a new LDV T60 ute and the
>purchase price included "rust protection" which was done pre delivery.
>Couple of years later it had lots of rust and the independent quote to
>repair it was around $49,000.00, new ute cost around $38,000.
>The court concluded that "poor quality" materials were used in the
>vehicles construction, the court then ordered that Mr Rigby should
>return the ute to the seller and that the seller (dealer) has to refund
>the full purchase price.
>Something to think about if anyone is thinking about buying a Chinese
>vehicle.

Bloody hell, should I cancel my Tesla order? ;-)

--
John H

Re: Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first

<irpibfFbakU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6026&group=aus.cars#6026

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 09:02:08 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 23:02 UTC

On 1/10/2021 9:31 pm, Daryl wrote:
> https://www.queenslandjudgments.com.au/caselaw/qcat/2021/316
>
> To summarize in 2018 a Mr Rigby bought a new LDV T60 ute and the
> purchase price included "rust protection" which was done pre delivery.
> Couple of years later it had lots of rust and the independent quote to
> repair it was around $49,000.00, new ute cost around $38,000.
> The court concluded that "poor quality" materials were used in the
> vehicles construction, the court then ordered that Mr Rigby should
> return the ute to the seller and that the seller (dealer) has to refund
> the full purchase price.
> Something to think about if anyone is thinking about buying a Chinese
> vehicle.

A few years ago I had occasion to look under the bonnet of a near new
Great Wall ute. The first thing that I noticed was the rust streaks in
the engine bay.

Re: Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first

<sj85ja$qn4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6027&group=aus.cars#6027

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 09:28:42 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 23:28 UTC

On 2/10/2021 7:10 am, John_H wrote:
> Daryl wrote:
>
>> https://www.queenslandjudgments.com.au/caselaw/qcat/2021/316
>>
>> To summarize in 2018 a Mr Rigby bought a new LDV T60 ute and the
>> purchase price included "rust protection" which was done pre delivery.
>> Couple of years later it had lots of rust and the independent quote to
>> repair it was around $49,000.00, new ute cost around $38,000.
>> The court concluded that "poor quality" materials were used in the
>> vehicles construction, the court then ordered that Mr Rigby should
>> return the ute to the seller and that the seller (dealer) has to refund
>> the full purchase price.
>> Something to think about if anyone is thinking about buying a Chinese
>> vehicle.
>
> Bloody hell, should I cancel my Tesla order? ;-)

I would :)

> https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2021/9/30/driver-in-china-successfully-sues-tesla-for-fraud

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first

<sj85ss$suj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6028&group=aus.cars#6028

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 09:33:48 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 23:33 UTC

On 2/10/2021 9:02 am, keithr0 wrote:
> On 1/10/2021 9:31 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> https://www.queenslandjudgments.com.au/caselaw/qcat/2021/316
>>
>> To summarize in 2018 a Mr Rigby bought a new LDV T60 ute and the
>> purchase price included "rust protection" which was done pre delivery.
>> Couple of years later it had lots of rust and the independent quote to
>> repair it was around $49,000.00, new ute cost around $38,000.
>> The court concluded that "poor quality" materials were used in the
>> vehicles construction, the court then ordered that Mr Rigby should
>> return the ute to the seller and that the seller (dealer) has to
>> refund the full purchase price.
>> Something to think about if anyone is thinking about buying a Chinese
>> vehicle.
>>
> A few years ago I had occasion to look under the bonnet of a near new
> Great Wall ute. The first thing that I noticed was the rust streaks in
> the engine bay.

And the Chinese licenced copy of the 40 year old Toyota 4K engine :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first

<irplcdFt5dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6029&group=aus.cars#6029

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 09:53:49 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 23:53 UTC

On 2/10/21 7:10 am, John_H wrote:
> Daryl wrote:
>
>> https://www.queenslandjudgments.com.au/caselaw/qcat/2021/316
>>
>> To summarize in 2018 a Mr Rigby bought a new LDV T60 ute and the
>> purchase price included "rust protection" which was done pre delivery.
>> Couple of years later it had lots of rust and the independent quote to
>> repair it was around $49,000.00, new ute cost around $38,000.
>> The court concluded that "poor quality" materials were used in the
>> vehicles construction, the court then ordered that Mr Rigby should
>> return the ute to the seller and that the seller (dealer) has to refund
>> the full purchase price.
>> Something to think about if anyone is thinking about buying a Chinese
>> vehicle.
>
> Bloody hell, should I cancel my Tesla order? ;-)

Absolutely:-)

--
Daryl

Re: Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first

<912d14f6-dee5-4a59-a5e2-6931d7d147ddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6034&group=aus.cars#6034

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 20:09:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: bruc...@topmail.co.nz (Falscher Bruce)
 by: Falscher Bruce - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 03:09 UTC

On Saturday, October 2, 2021 at 7:02:09 AM UTC+8, keithr0 wrote:

> A few years ago I had occasion to look under the bonnet of a near new
> Great Wall ute. The first thing that I noticed was the rust streaks in
> the engine bay.

On most Great Wall utes, the GREAT WALL has fallen off the tailgate, so you don't have to be embarrassed driving one.
And remember the Foton Tunland? The first distributor of them dropped them, because they were so bad and couldn't defend them any longer.

Re: Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first

<irq545F3498U5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6040&group=aus.cars#6040

From: Leu...@blue.mountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 04:22:09 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 04:22 UTC

On Fri, 1 Oct 2021 20:09:11 -0700 (PDT), Falscher Bruce posted:-

> On Saturday, October 2, 2021 at 7:02:09 AM UTC+8, keithr0 wrote:
> > >
> > A few years ago I had occasion to look under the bonnet of a near
> > new Great Wall ute. The first thing that I noticed was the rust
> > streaks in the engine bay.
>
> On most Great Wall utes, the GREAT WALL has fallen off the tailgate,
> so you don't have to be embarrassed driving one. And remember the
> Foton Tunland? The first distributor of them dropped them, because
> they were so bad and couldn't defend them any longer.

Mate of mine is a panel beater. He says inside the door frames of the
Chinese shitboxes are rust streaks and "rust dust".

Re: Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first

<IeR5J.164411$o45.19293@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6041&group=aus.cars#6041

From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 14:29:25 +1000
 by: lindsay - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 04:29 UTC

On 1/10/2021 9:31 pm, Daryl wrote:
> https://www.queenslandjudgments.com.au/caselaw/qcat/2021/316
>
> To summarize in 2018 a Mr Rigby bought a new LDV T60 ute and the
> purchase price included "rust protection" which was done pre delivery.
> Couple of years later it had lots of rust and the independent quote to
> repair it was around $49,000.00, new ute cost around $38,000.
> The court concluded that "poor quality" materials were used in the
> vehicles construction, the court then ordered that Mr Rigby should
> return the ute to the seller and that the seller (dealer) has to refund
> the full purchase price.
> Something to think about if anyone is thinking about buying a Chinese
> vehicle.

Wouldn't have a chinese (lower case) vehicle if you paid me...
Filthy fucking cheats and liars, who would sell their first-born for a
few Yuan and some rice. I reckon the Govt should slap a sizable tariff
on their cars... somewhere between 80 and 220% sounds familiar.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-24/cape-class-patrol-boat-issues-china-aluminium-austal/100024794
Even the mob used to certify the ally quality are dodgy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-15/chinese-cars-recalled-over-asbestos-concerns/4199630
Dodgy brakes.

https://www.asbestossafety.gov.au/importing-advice/safety-alerts-and-recalls/asbestos-brakes-imported-electrical-scooters
Dodgy scooters

All from the land of dodgy bats and dodgy politicians (well, more dodgy
than ours.. ;-)

Re: Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first

<irq699F3qmgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6042&group=aus.cars#6042

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 14:42:17 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 04:42 UTC

On 2/10/21 2:29 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 1/10/2021 9:31 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> https://www.queenslandjudgments.com.au/caselaw/qcat/2021/316
>>
>> To summarize in 2018 a Mr Rigby bought a new LDV T60 ute and the
>> purchase price included "rust protection" which was done pre delivery.
>> Couple of years later it had lots of rust and the independent quote to
>> repair it was around $49,000.00, new ute cost around $38,000.
>> The court concluded that "poor quality" materials were used in the
>> vehicles construction, the court then ordered that Mr Rigby should
>> return the ute to the seller and that the seller (dealer) has to
>> refund the full purchase price.
>> Something to think about if anyone is thinking about buying a Chinese
>> vehicle.
>
> Wouldn't have a chinese (lower case) vehicle if you paid me...

Neither would I.

> Filthy fucking cheats and liars, who would sell their first-born for a
> few Yuan and some rice. I reckon the Govt should slap a sizable tariff
> on their cars... somewhere between 80 and 220% sounds familiar.
>
> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-24/cape-class-patrol-boat-issues-china-aluminium-austal/100024794
> Even the mob used to certify the ally quality are dodgy.
>
> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-15/chinese-cars-recalled-over-asbestos-concerns/4199630
>  Dodgy brakes.
>
> https://www.asbestossafety.gov.au/importing-advice/safety-alerts-and-recalls/asbestos-brakes-imported-electrical-scooters
>  Dodgy scooters
>
> All from the land of dodgy bats and dodgy politicians (well, more dodgy
> than ours.. ;-)

If that is possible:-)

--
Daryl

Re: Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first

<irq770F3utlU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6044&group=aus.cars#6044

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 15:02:14 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 05:02 UTC

On 2/10/2021 2:29 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 1/10/2021 9:31 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> https://www.queenslandjudgments.com.au/caselaw/qcat/2021/316
>>
>> To summarize in 2018 a Mr Rigby bought a new LDV T60 ute and the
>> purchase price included "rust protection" which was done pre delivery.
>> Couple of years later it had lots of rust and the independent quote
>> to repair it was around $49,000.00, new ute cost around $38,000.
>> The court concluded that "poor quality" materials were used in the
>> vehicles construction, the court then ordered that Mr Rigby should
>> return the ute to the seller and that the seller (dealer) has to
>> refund the full purchase price.
>> Something to think about if anyone is thinking about buying a Chinese
>> vehicle.
>
> Wouldn't have a chinese (lower case) vehicle if you paid me...
> Filthy fucking cheats and liars, who would sell their first-born for a
> few Yuan and some rice. I reckon the Govt should slap a sizable tariff
> on their cars... somewhere between 80 and 220% sounds familiar.
>
> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-24/cape-class-patrol-boat-issues-china-aluminium-austal/100024794
> Even the mob used to certify the ally quality are dodgy.
>
> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-15/chinese-cars-recalled-over-asbestos-concerns/4199630
>  Dodgy brakes.
>
> https://www.asbestossafety.gov.au/importing-advice/safety-alerts-and-recalls/asbestos-brakes-imported-electrical-scooters
>  Dodgy scooters
>
> All from the land of dodgy bats and dodgy politicians (well, more
> dodgy than ours.. ;-)

and pirated and copied everything

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: Should you buy a Chinese ute? Read this first

<rYT5J.42429$nR3.36428@fx38.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6049&group=aus.cars#6049

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 17:34:44 +1000
 by: lindsay - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 07:34 UTC

On 2/10/2021 2:22 pm, Mountain Magpie wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Oct 2021 20:09:11 -0700 (PDT), Falscher Bruce posted:-
>
>> On Saturday, October 2, 2021 at 7:02:09 AM UTC+8, keithr0 wrote:
>>>>
>>> A few years ago I had occasion to look under the bonnet of a near
>>> new Great Wall ute. The first thing that I noticed was the rust
>>> streaks in the engine bay.
>>
>> On most Great Wall utes, the GREAT WALL has fallen off the tailgate,
>> so you don't have to be embarrassed driving one. And remember the
>> Foton Tunland? The first distributor of them dropped them, because
>> they were so bad and couldn't defend them any longer.
>
> Mate of mine is a panel beater. He says inside the door frames of the
> Chinese shitboxes are rust streaks and "rust dust".

Bloke who does my spray-painting has a ldv t60 ute with tub. He's
already had issues with the electronics that they cant/wont repair.

must admit, to look at them as a buyer point of view, you'd think about
buying one, until you read and hear other's travails. Me? It's chinese,
so no way. Great Wall have been around long enough to display what you
get when you buy chinese. Phtou...