Save yourself from the 'Gates' of hell, use Linux." -- like that one. -- The_Kind @ LinuxNet

aus+uk / uk.railway / OT: Photography problems in Poland

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Photography problems in PolandRobert
+* OT: Photography problems in PolandMB
|`- OT: Photography problems in PolandRecliner
+- OT: Photography problems in PolandRoland Perry
`- OT: Photography problems in PolandGraeme Wall

1
OT: Photography problems in Poland

<kakd0bFsrriU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=60202&group=uk.railway#60202

From: monst...@spammedia.com (Robert)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: OT: Photography problems in Poland
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 10:44:43 +0100
 by: Robert - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 09:44 UTC

Hi all,
May be of interest to the handful of actual enthusiasts left in this
group...
From
<https://www.rynek-kolejowy.pl/wiadomosci/milosnicy-kolei-nie-moga-juz-robic-zdjec-prawo-sie-nie-zmienilo-113012.html>.
"We receive signals from railway enthusiasts from all over the country
that the police and SOK prohibit taking photos of the railway. The
regulations on this matter remain clear - photography is allowed in
public places.
Railway enthusiasts across the country are talking about making it
difficult or impossible to take pictures. He contacted "Rynek Kolejowy"
among others. Michał Bis, the author of several documentaries about the
railway, who described the situation from Warsaw's Ochota and
Śródmieście stations. As he explains, in recent days the Police and the
Railway Protection Guard make it difficult for everyone to take photos -
they check IDs, write down the IMEI number of the phone, the serial
number of the camera - even though the photos were taken from generally
accessible places - i.e. platforms.
Another person, the leader of the Youtube channel Tomek Jurek Wlazło,
described dropping him off the train IC 38104"Chełmoński" for recording
a film with the train passing in the last car. No photography! - a
hobbyist who took pictures of almost historic shape semaphores heard
from an employee of PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe - this is the description
from the Szczecin branch of "Gazeta Wyborcza " . presented "Railway
Wrocław".
The rules have not changed - you can take pictures!
After asking questions from the editors of "Rynek Kolejowy", today
(April 21) we received the position of PKP PLK, the company mentions a
number of reservations about taking photos - such as not staying in
places not allowed without permission - but admits that "there is no
formal ban on taking photos railway lines, if the person takes photos in
a place accessible to the public."
More on the above-mentioned website. Also posted to m.t.r.e.
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational

Re: OT: Photography problems in Poland

<u232gs$3p9ta$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=60203&group=uk.railway#60203

From: MB...@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: OT: Photography problems in Poland
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 11:50:03 +0100
 by: MB - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 10:50 UTC

On 23/04/2023 10:44, Robert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> May be of interest to the handful of actual enthusiasts left in this
> group...
>
> From
> <https://www.rynek-kolejowy.pl/wiadomosci/milosnicy-kolei-nie-moga-juz-robic-zdjec-prawo-sie-nie-zmienilo-113012.html>.
>
> "We receive signals from railway enthusiasts from all over the country
> that the police and SOK prohibit taking photos of the railway. The
> regulations on this matter remain clear - photography is allowed in
> public places.

Understandable when you consider that the railway must be carrying a lot
of traffic to Ukraine, they would be quite justified in changing any
laws and enforcing a total ban.

Re: OT: Photography problems in Poland

<u2335b$3pdvu$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=60204&group=uk.railway#60204

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 11:00:59 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:s+K0Lw+qv+q0OJ8/GpIRJ59JJBk=
 by: Recliner - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 11:00 UTC

MB <MB@nospam.net> wrote:
> On 23/04/2023 10:44, Robert wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> May be of interest to the handful of actual enthusiasts left in this
>> group...
>>
>> From
>> <https://www.rynek-kolejowy.pl/wiadomosci/milosnicy-kolei-nie-moga-juz-robic-zdjec-prawo-sie-nie-zmienilo-113012.html>.
>>
>> "We receive signals from railway enthusiasts from all over the country
>> that the police and SOK prohibit taking photos of the railway. The
>> regulations on this matter remain clear - photography is allowed in
>> public places.
>

> Understandable when you consider that the railway must be carrying a lot
> of traffic to Ukraine, they would be quite justified in changing any
> laws and enforcing a total ban.

Yes, that's a good point, though it doesn't sound like any laws or rules
have been changed.

Re: OT: Photography problems in Poland

<wOUWkhQq0SRkFA0Q@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=60211&group=uk.railway#60211

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 14:05:46 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 13:05 UTC

In message <kakd0bFsrriU2@mid.individual.net>, at 10:44:43 on Sun, 23
Apr 2023, Robert <monstoor@spammedia.com> remarked:
>Hi all,
>
>May be of interest to the handful of actual enthusiasts left in this
>group...
>
>From
><https://www.rynek-kolejowy.pl/wiadomosci/milosnicy-kolei-nie-moga-juz-r
>obic-zdjec-prawo-sie-nie-zmienilo-113012.html>.
>
>"We receive signals from railway enthusiasts from all over the country
>that the police and SOK prohibit taking photos of the railway. The
>regulations on this matter remain clear - photography is allowed in
>public places.
>
>Railway enthusiasts across the country are talking about making it
>difficult or impossible to take pictures. He contacted "Rynek Kolejowy"
>among others. Micha0 >railway, who described the situation from Warsaw's Ochota and
>0 >Railway Protection Guard make it difficult for everyone to take photos
>- they check IDs, write down the IMEI number of the phone, the serial
>number of the camera - even though the photos were taken from generally
>accessible places - i.e. platforms.
>
>Another person, the leader of the Youtube channel Tomek Jurek Wlaz0 >described dropping him off the train IC 38104"Che0 >a film with the train passing in the last car. No photography! - a
>hobbyist who took pictures of almost historic shape semaphores heard
>from an employee of PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe - this is the
>description from the Szczecin branch of "Gazeta Wyborcza " . presented
>"Railway Wroc0 >
>The rules have not changed - you can take pictures!
>
>After asking questions from the editors of "Rynek Kolejowy", today
>(April 21) we received the position of PKP PLK, the company mentions a
>number of reservations about taking photos - such as not staying in
>places not allowed without permission - but admits that "there is no
>formal ban on taking photos railway lines, if the person takes photos
>in a place accessible to the public."
>
>More on the above-mentioned website. Also posted to m.t.r.e.

It's a bit difficult not to take photos of trains if you have a dashcam:

<http://www.perry.co.uk/images/ex-Gatex.jpg>
--
Roland Perry

Re: OT: Photography problems in Poland

<u23blp$3qml7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=60213&group=uk.railway#60213

From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 14:26:17 +0100
 by: Graeme Wall - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 13:26 UTC

On 23/04/2023 10:44, Robert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> May be of interest to the handful of actual enthusiasts left in this
> group...
>
> From
> <https://www.rynek-kolejowy.pl/wiadomosci/milosnicy-kolei-nie-moga-juz-robic-zdjec-prawo-sie-nie-zmienilo-113012.html>.
>
> "We receive signals from railway enthusiasts from all over the country
> that the police and SOK prohibit taking photos of the railway. The
> regulations on this matter remain clear - photography is allowed in
> public places.

[snip]

So it's not just British jobsworths who cause trouble!

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.