From: ema...@nowhere.com (Lew1)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Historic train carriages are taken out of service...
because Gen Z passengers can't work out how to open the doors
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 10:11:50 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:SRcFK/Y1RRjaPaOtjGYTbIMDTCw=
 by: Lew1 - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 10:11 UTC

MB <MB@nospam.net> wrote:
> Historic train carriages are taken out of service... because Gen Z
> passengers can't work out how to open the doors
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-11994097/Historic-train-carriages-taken-service-Gen-Z-passengers-use-doors.html

Astonishing that the blame is laid at the feet of Gen Z when the same
article states:

“The Great Central Railway has suffered a number of high-profile accidents
in recent years including a steam train, which was derailed after passing a
red signal, and a diesel running away for many miles without its driver
before crashing into carriages.

Volunteers at a heritage railway in the north of England told the Daily
Mail of operational staff being drunk on duty and drivers regularly passing
red signals – describing the railway as 'an asylum'.

Another premier line has been threatened with prosecution by the Office of
Road and Rail after an officer made an unannounced visit.

They found that the recommendations they had made after a member of staff
fell from a locomotive were being ignored.”

…. But that’s right, it’s all Gen Z’s fault. Not the old boy’s club
pretending to be a tourist attraction.

Lew

Historic train carriages are taken out of service... because Gen Z passengers can't work out how to open the doors

<u23pl7$3t6ua$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=60329&group=uk.railway#60329

From: MB...@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Historic train carriages are taken out of service... because Gen Z
passengers can't work out how to open the doors
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 18:24:55 +0100
 by: MB - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 17:24 UTC

Historic train carriages are taken out of service... because Gen Z
passengers can't work out how to open the doors

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-11994097/Historic-train-carriages-taken-service-Gen-Z-passengers-use-doors.html

Sorry it is in the Daily Mail, not the Leftie's favourite, the Daily
Maxwell.