Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love. -- Charlie Brown

aus+uk / aus.politics / Paralympians shouldn't be paid for winning medals ......

SubjectAuthor
* Paralympians shouldn't be paid for winning medals ......Dechucka
+* Paralympians shouldn't be paid for winning medals ......*Ördög*
|+- Paralympians shouldn't be paid for winning medals ......Dechucka
|`- Paralympians shouldn't be paid for winning medals ......Mountain Magpie
`- Paralympians shouldn't be paid for winning medals ......Fran

1
Paralympians shouldn't be paid for winning medals ......

<a8KdnT4SwsHkD6_8nZ2dnUU7-UfNnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6089&group=aus.politics#6089

Newsgroups: aus.politics
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Subject: Paralympians shouldn't be paid for winning medals ......
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 07:24:08 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 21:24 UTC

neither should Olympians. Australia already spends a fortune to get
these athletes trained. In fact I'd go further and implement a HECs
style scheme for athletes.

Am I cynical that SloMo announce prize money for paralympians now after
it's been on the agenda for years?

Re: Paralympians shouldn't be paid for winning medals ......

<V0xYI.168903$6P3.157434@fx03.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6090&group=aus.politics#6090

From: dev...@your.service.org (*Ördög*)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 22:07:49 GMT
 by: *Ördög* - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 22:07 UTC

It was written by Dechucka:

> neither should Olympians. Australia already spends a fortune to get
> these athletes trained. In fact I'd go further and implement a HECs
> style scheme for athletes.
>
> Am I cynical that SloMo announce prize money for paralympians now after
> it's been on the agenda for years?

As far as the public is concerned, our so called "sports heroes" are all
self promoting entertainers, much like circus acrobats.
After all a real hero supposed to do quite selflessly something
extraordinary for other people in society...nothing like our professional
athletes.

No, I am not knocking sports as such, I believe it has great recreational
and health benefits (both mental and physical) for the participants. I
also have no objections about allocating public funds for sporting
facilities, sport education and promotion but that is as far as my
support go!
I believe that sport should remain at the amateur level as anything
beyond is tainted with big money, drugs, the unhealthy chasing of ever
new records( anything but healthy for the human body) and toxic celebrity
worship mess hysteria amongst the spectators. Then it is nor really
*sport* anymore, but a circus!.

So if someone is intent on becoming a public performer 'sports' circus
acrobat, well that is fine. But they should find the financing for that
occupational path themselves. In fact, I would NOT waste the HECs scheme
on such strictly self benefiting schemes, when government support for
instance for science education and research in Australia is hardly best
practice amongst OECD countries.

--
Ördög - 👹️ - The newsgroup Devil at your service.

Re: Paralympians shouldn't be paid for winning medals ......

<CPGdnQ_j3ZE9La_8nZ2dnUU7-R_NnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6091&group=aus.politics#6091

Newsgroups: aus.politics
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 09:32:46 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 23:32 UTC

On 4/09/2021 8:07 am, *Ördög* wrote:
> It was written by Dechucka:
>
>> neither should Olympians. Australia already spends a fortune to get
>> these athletes trained. In fact I'd go further and implement a HECs
>> style scheme for athletes.
>>
>> Am I cynical that SloMo announce prize money for paralympians now after
>> it's been on the agenda for years?
>
> As far as the public is concerned, our so called "sports heroes" are all
> self promoting entertainers, much like circus acrobats.
> After all a real hero supposed to do quite selflessly something
> extraordinary for other people in society...nothing like our professional
> athletes.

I hate the hero tag for sports people. Hero is a tag that is thrown
around far to much in our society.

> No, I am not knocking sports as such, I believe it has great recreational
> and health benefits (both mental and physical) for the participants. I
> also have no objections about allocating public funds for sporting
> facilities, sport education and promotion but that is as far as my
> support go!

I'll agree with you there. Although the extreme tribal mentality that
some people have in relation to sport is not good mentally imho. It is
only a game that I watch for entertainment and the excitement it gives.
When a soccer game triggers a war that is crazy, Soccer War/Hundred
Hours' War between El Salvador and Honduras 1969

> I believe that sport should remain at the amateur level as anything
> beyond is tainted with big money, drugs, the unhealthy chasing of ever
> new records( anything but healthy for the human body) and toxic celebrity
> worship mess hysteria amongst the spectators. Then it is nor really
> *sport* anymore, but a circus!.

I played 'amateur' rugby for Sydney Uni knowing full well that the elite
players were being paid.

> So if someone is intent on becoming a public performer 'sports' circus
> acrobat, well that is fine. But they should find the financing for that
> occupational path themselves. In fact, I would NOT waste the HECs scheme
> on such strictly self benefiting schemes, when government support for
> instance for science education and research in Australia is hardly best
> practice amongst OECD countries.

Professional sport-person like a plumber, pharmacologist, medico is a
job so should have the same government support. However in this day ang
age they should pay the money back as does the plumber, pharmacologist,
medico

Re: Paralympians shouldn't be paid for winning medals ......

<ipfpnpFoveiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6092&group=aus.politics#6092

From: Leu...@bluemountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 23:34:10 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 23:34 UTC

On Fri, 03 Sep 2021 22:07:49 GMT, *Ördög* peed his pants and posted:-

> > neither should Olympians. Australia already spends a fortune to get
> > these athletes trained. In fact I'd go further and implement a HECs
> > style scheme for athletes.
> >
> > Am I cynical that SloMo announce prize money for paralympians now
> > after it's been on the agenda for years?
>
> As far as the public is concerned, our so called "sports heroes" are
> all self promoting entertainers, much like circus acrobats.

Same shit goes on in Communist countries. Wake up wog.

In fact FOAD you commie bastard.

Re: Paralympians shouldn't be paid for winning medals ......

<sgumt3$fl$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6104&group=aus.politics#6104

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 12:50:11 +1000
 by: Fran - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 02:50 UTC

On 4/09/2021 7:24 am, Dechucka wrote:
> neither should Olympians. Australia already spends a fortune to get
> these athletes trained. In fact I'd go further and implement a HECs
> style scheme for athletes.
>
> Am I cynical that SloMo announce prize money for paralympians now after
> it's been on the agenda for years?

Another of his 'Look over there! moments perhaps.......

aus+uk / aus.politics / Paralympians shouldn't be paid for winning medals ......