From: chr...@wiggles.abc.tv (The Chrome Wiggle)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: the updated Doherty modelling predicts 7417 extra coffins compared to
original modelling
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 08:56:44 +0800
 by: The Chrome Wiggle - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 00:56 UTC

The original modelling was with less than 30 cases of local transmission
Australia wide. But after Sydney got into hundreds, it was revised. Now
opening up at 70% (of over 16s) vaccinated will result in 8873 deaths in
6 months versus 1456 (with less than 30 cases).
Fuck the LNP mantra about living with the virus.
Scomo is Lord Faarquad from Shrek movie.
"Some of you may die, but it's a sacrifice I am willing to make."
He is a fuckwad actually. What a spadger. Living in a mansion, he feels
safe, doesn't give a hoot about brown-skinned people in Western Sydney
getting toe-tags in the morgue.

Re: the updated Doherty modelling predicts 7417 extra coffins compared to original modelling

<l9AYI.170224$6P3.149656@fx03.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6100&group=aus.politics#6100

From: dev...@your.service.org (*Ördög*)
Subject: Re: the updated Doherty modelling predicts 7417 extra coffins
compared to original modelling
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 01:41:37 GMT
 by: *Ördög* - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 01:41 UTC

It was written by The Chrome Wiggle:

> The original modelling was with less than 30 cases of local transmission
> Australia wide. But after Sydney got into hundreds, it was revised. Now
> opening up at 70% (of over 16s) vaccinated will result in 8873 deaths in
> 6 months versus 1456 (with less than 30 cases).
> Fuck the LNP mantra about living with the virus.
> Scomo is Lord Faarquad from Shrek movie.
> "Some of you may die, but it's a sacrifice I am willing to make."
> He is a fuckwad actually. What a spadger. Living in a mansion, he feels
> safe, doesn't give a hoot about brown-skinned people in Western Sydney
> getting toe-tags in the morgue.

Yes, it is obvious, ScoMo has fucked up badly, and his bungled Covid
mitigation efforts aren't the only fuckups caused by his inept government.
LNP really sucks during major public emergencies just as it sucks at
delivering much needed social, infrastructure, environmental and
sustainability projects, delivering timely CO2 pollution reductions,
furthering public transport modernisation, providing much needed boost
and then sustained support for public secondary and tertiary education
and scientific research,...etc...etc...etc.
Its neo-liberal, hard-capitalist-conservative, even alt-right ideologies
contaminated and blindly driven reliance on purely for profits private
sector only solutions is responsible for the regularly far less than
satisfactory outcomes. Well, unsatisfactory only for the average punter
while the big end of town still reaps those humongous profits no matter
what. Alas, the money train funding the LNP does not slow at all.

--
Ördög - 👹️ - The newsgroup Devil at your service.

Want to see the most spiteful nasties of Australian politics?
Here I show you:

Just look no farther than the Liberal Party of Australia and
tits dumb coalition partner:

This is their fundamental ideology (if one can call it that):
Capitalist neo-liberal/libertarian lies and alternate reality,
Lack of compassion for the already downtrodden,
Sociopathic greed & envy,
Endemic nepotistic and plutocratic corruption,
Vicious hunger for power and "born to rule mentality",
Xtian fundamentalism
Never ending misogyny & homophobia
Undeniable Anglo-Celtic racism and supremacy,
Unbridled hate for the underclasses,
Unrelenting vengeance seeking against political opponents...

Re: the updated Doherty modelling predicts 7417 extra coffins compared to original modelling

<sgunkn$5dg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6105&group=aus.politics#6105

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
compared to original modelling
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 13:02:45 +1000
 by: Fran - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 03:02 UTC

On 4/09/2021 10:56 am, The Chrome Wiggle wrote:
> The original modelling was with less than 30 cases of local transmission
> Australia wide. But after Sydney got into hundreds, it was revised. Now
> opening up at 70% (of over 16s) vaccinated will result in 8873 deaths in
> 6 months versus 1456 (with less than 30 cases).
> Fuck the LNP mantra about living with the virus.
> Scomo is Lord Faarquad from Shrek movie.
> "Some of you may die, but it's a sacrifice I am willing to make."

Yep. BUT, I think most of us realised some time ago that it was
eventually going to come down to just that sort of situation? At least
I'd like to think that most of us had figured that out, but maybe not.

We can't stay in lock down forever and as soon as the infection rate got
about the magic R number and stayed there for long enough, we were
screwed. Each of the States has made decisions based on our respective
health systems and how soon that would be overwhelmed. It's never
really been about deaths as everyone knows that death is a possibility.

> He is a fuckwad actually. What a spadger. Living in a mansion, he feels
> safe, doesn't give a hoot about brown-skinned people in Western Sydney
> getting toe-tags in the morgue.

Yes, but then all of our pollies are much safer than anyone who belongs
to a lower socio-economic group regardless of where they live.

aus+uk / aus.politics / Re: the updated Doherty modelling predicts 7417 extra coffins compared to original modelling