From: ken...@birchanger.com (Ken)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: The Curse of Perry
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 17:46:16 +0100
 by: Ken - Wed, 3 May 2023 16:46 UTC

From ukrailtours.

I'm afraid we have some bad news. You may have seen that the ASLEF and
RMT unions have announced industrial action on and around the date of
The Coronation Deltic, Saturday 13th May. Unfortunately the cumulative
impact of these strikes, in particular with regard to connecting
travel for our passengers, is such that it is no longer viable for the
tour to run on this date.

Re: The Curse of Perry

<u2u8qu$1d5or$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61204&group=uk.railway#61204

From: ala...@darkroom.plus.com (Alan Lee)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: The Curse of Perry
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 19:23:25 +0100
 by: Alan Lee - Wed, 3 May 2023 18:23 UTC

On 03/05/2023 17:46, Ken wrote:
> From ukrailtours.
>
> I'm afraid we have some bad news. You may have seen that the ASLEF and
> RMT unions have announced industrial action on and around the date of
> The Coronation Deltic, Saturday 13th May. Unfortunately the cumulative
> impact of these strikes, in particular with regard to connecting
> travel for our passengers, is such that it is no longer viable for the
> tour to run on this date.

Nothing to do with the Deltic shitting itself 2 weeks ago on the mainline?
Surprisingly, that tour wasnt sold out, probably a few factors, it was a
one way trip that started at KX at 13.15. On a Friday. It was cheap too,
at £75 iirc. It was the first mainline Deltic for 4 years, but still
couldnt sell out, so maybe the market, or the enthusiasts, have moved on
a bit from the Deltics. I have noticed recently there seems to be more
interest in the 40's and 50's, and their tours are almost always full.
--
Remove the '+' and replace with 'plus' to reply by email

Re: The Curse of Perry

<TdcH+SSLVrUkFApn@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61208&group=uk.railway#61208

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 20:26:03 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Wed, 3 May 2023 19:26 UTC

In message <bs355i5cq7ilsei9l96mc9b5cp201vn6jo@4ax.com>, at 17:46:16 on
Wed, 3 May 2023, Ken <ken@birchanger.com> remarked:
>From ukrailtours.
>
>I'm afraid we have some bad news. You may have seen that the ASLEF and
>RMT unions have announced industrial action on and around the date of
>The Coronation Deltic, Saturday 13th May. Unfortunately the cumulative
>impact of these strikes, in particular with regard to connecting
>travel for our passengers, is such that it is no longer viable for the
>tour to run on this date.

I saw the email, so this is about the 5th in a row. I suspect I just
need to stop booking these things.

Good news is - I can now go to an event on the evening of the 12th,
which I was otherwise in effect double-booked for.
--
Roland Perry

Re: The Curse of Perry

<p1i55id3pqf6i5n145hebci9tgfchira9g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61209&group=uk.railway#61209

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 21:50:51 +0100
 by: Recliner - Wed, 3 May 2023 20:50 UTC

On Wed, 3 May 2023 19:23:25 +0100, Alan Lee <alan@darkroom.plus.com> wrote:

>On 03/05/2023 17:46, Ken wrote:
>> From ukrailtours.
>>
>> I'm afraid we have some bad news. You may have seen that the ASLEF and
>> RMT unions have announced industrial action on and around the date of
>> The Coronation Deltic, Saturday 13th May. Unfortunately the cumulative
>> impact of these strikes, in particular with regard to connecting
>> travel for our passengers, is such that it is no longer viable for the
>> tour to run on this date.
>
>Nothing to do with the Deltic shitting itself 2 weeks ago on the mainline?

It didn't. You have two different Deltics confused.

>Surprisingly, that tour wasnt sold out, probably a few factors, it was a
>one way trip that started at KX at 13.15. On a Friday. It was cheap too,
>at £75 iirc. It was the first mainline Deltic for 4 years, but still
>couldnt sell out, so maybe the market, or the enthusiasts, have moved on
>a bit from the Deltics.

Or maybe there isn't much of a market for one-way tours from KGX to EDB?

> I have noticed recently there seems to be more
>interest in the 40's and 50's, and their tours are almost always full.

The Coronation Deltic was almost sold out, with just a few dining places left.

Re: The Curse of Perry

<v9i55ip9lnv4diqkn01cmebr4cgbdhm4rg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61210&group=uk.railway#61210

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 21:51:23 +0100
 by: Recliner - Wed, 3 May 2023 20:51 UTC

On Wed, 3 May 2023 20:26:03 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:

>In message <bs355i5cq7ilsei9l96mc9b5cp201vn6jo@4ax.com>, at 17:46:16 on
>Wed, 3 May 2023, Ken <ken@birchanger.com> remarked:
>>From ukrailtours.
>>
>>I'm afraid we have some bad news. You may have seen that the ASLEF and
>>RMT unions have announced industrial action on and around the date of
>>The Coronation Deltic, Saturday 13th May. Unfortunately the cumulative
>>impact of these strikes, in particular with regard to connecting
>>travel for our passengers, is such that it is no longer viable for the
>>tour to run on this date.
>
>I saw the email, so this is about the 5th in a row. I suspect I just
>need to stop booking these things.
>
>Good news is - I can now go to an event on the evening of the 12th,
>which I was otherwise in effect double-booked for.

But don't try to go by rail...

Re: The Curse of Perry

<seBqZGXDr0UkFAel@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61216&group=uk.railway#61216

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 07:03:47 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Thu, 4 May 2023 06:03 UTC

In message <v9i55ip9lnv4diqkn01cmebr4cgbdhm4rg@4ax.com>, at 21:51:23 on
Wed, 3 May 2023, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>On Wed, 3 May 2023 20:26:03 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>
>>In message <bs355i5cq7ilsei9l96mc9b5cp201vn6jo@4ax.com>, at 17:46:16 on
>>Wed, 3 May 2023, Ken <ken@birchanger.com> remarked:
>>>From ukrailtours.
>>>
>>>I'm afraid we have some bad news. You may have seen that the ASLEF and
>>>RMT unions have announced industrial action on and around the date of
>>>The Coronation Deltic, Saturday 13th May. Unfortunately the cumulative
>>>impact of these strikes, in particular with regard to connecting
>>>travel for our passengers, is such that it is no longer viable for the
>>>tour to run on this date.
>>
>>I saw the email, so this is about the 5th in a row. I suspect I just
>>need to stop booking these things.
>>
>>Good news is - I can now go to an event on the evening of the 12th,
>>which I was otherwise in effect double-booked for.
>
>But don't try to go by rail...

Quite. I'd probably have driven to PBO for the railtour anyway, so it's
no great imposition to drive to the evening event. Especially as, even
if running, the trains would be getting a bit thin on the ground by the
end of the day.
--
Roland Perry