From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: OT: Morrison stupid to cancel French sub deal
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 12:23:03 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 01:23 UTC

As of now, we have no future submarine program at all. The Morrison
government scored a diplomatic triumph in getting the Americans to agree
to transfer nuclear submarine propulsion to us and in the way AUKUS was
presented,’’ Sheridan said. β€œThe result is likely no submarine
capability for us at all, except museum piece Collins boats and whatever
submarine visits the Americans or Brits send along. We should have kept
the French subs going, perhaps at a reduced number of six or even three,
then gone nuclear in an orderly way.”

https://tinyurl.com/3nx8jyrz

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"