If the meanings of "true" and "false" were switched, then this sentence would not be false.

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

SubjectAuthor
* No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsArthur Figgis
+- No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsRecliner
`* No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsRoland Perry
 +* No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsCharles Ellson
 |`- No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsRecliner
 +* No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsArthur Figgis
 |+* No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsCharles Ellson
 ||`- No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsRecliner
 |`* No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsRoland Perry
 | `- No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsRecliner
 `* No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsRecliner
  `* No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsRoland Perry
   `* No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsRecliner
    +- No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsBob
    `* No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsRoland Perry
     `- No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 monthsRecliner

1
Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61429&group=uk.railway#61429

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!69.80.99.23.MISMATCH!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!nntp.brightview.co.uk!news.brightview.co.uk.POSTED!not-for-mail
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:44:29 +0100
Subject: Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months
Newsgroups: uk.railway
References: <glpeM.120625$2ZY4.55856@fx12.ams1> <u5d87j$38a72$1@dont-email.me> <QgcyY2hqPsekFAKd@perry.uk> <1hg18il5eb9uvt0676778ipvrvu6jsn9ds@4ax.com> <u5qk64$174pv$1@dont-email.me> <u5qq8m$17q2f$5@dont-email.me> <u5uoht$1s11t$1@dont-email.me> <u61re0$2a5cc$1@dont-email.me> <u622sj$2b22g$5@dont-email.me> <u62co2$2cbk3$1@dont-email.me> <u66o2f$32784$1@dont-email.me> <u66qh0$32vcj$2@dont-email.me> <n4le8i1n7uop2cq2bfdl929nil758d5vkd@4ax.com> <u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me> <9lPZicK5n$hkFAHn@perry.uk>
From: afig...@example.invalid (Arthur Figgis)
 by: Arthur Figgis - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 17:44 UTC

Not St James's?

--
Arthur Figgis

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<u6d5uf$3t6h$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61432&group=uk.railway#61432

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 19:54:55 -0000 (UTC)
<u66o2f$32784$1@dont-email.me>
<u66qh0$32vcj$2@dont-email.me>
<n4le8i1n7uop2cq2bfdl929nil758d5vkd@4ax.com>
<u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me>
<9lPZicK5n$hkFAHn@perry.uk>
<wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
sha1:8X06mXeaE/yagaqXsFc+8vm0N78=
 by: Recliner - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 19:54 UTC

Arthur Figgis <afiggis@example.invalid> wrote:
> On 13/06/2023 06:09, Roland Perry wrote:
>> In message <u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me>, at 18:36:59 on Mon, 12 Jun
>> 2023, Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> remarked:

>>> I don't recall Westminster City Council having anything to do with it.
>>
>> They are just the nearby local government, not the national government
>> whose seat is "The Palace of Westminster", colloquially shortened to
>> "Westminster" much of the time.
>>
>> Meanwhile "The Palace" is the colloquial term for the monarchy, whose
>> seat currently is "Buckingham Palace".
>
> Not St James's?

It's certainly the Court of St James's, but the royal bureaucracy is
nominally based in Buck House. However, it's been a few years since the
Monarch has actually lived there, so I wonder the extent to which the
senior courtiers and spokesmen are still based there?

King Charges didn't spend the night in Buck House even on the night before
his coronation; he was driven there in the morning. He has the
embarrassment of having too many homes, but one where he definitely does
*not* live is Buckingham Palace. It's basically just the place he
entertains formally.

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<BsuzA6AaqHjkFAxQ@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61461&group=uk.railway#61461

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 16:07:06 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 15:07 UTC

In message <wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>, at
18:44:29 on Wed, 14 Jun 2023, Arthur Figgis <afiggis@example.invalid>
remarked:
>On 13/06/2023 06:09, Roland Perry wrote:
>> In message <u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me>, at 18:36:59 on Mon, 12 Jun
>>2023, Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> remarked:

>>> I don't recall Westminster City Council having anything to do with it.

>> They are just the nearby local government, not the national
>>government whose seat is "The Palace of Westminster", colloquially
>>shortened to "Westminster" much of the time.

>> Meanwhile "The Palace" is the colloquial term for the monarchy,
>>whose seat currently is "Buckingham Palace".
>
>Not St James's?

The press office, where the Royals stand on the balcony and wave, and
notices are pinned to the railings, are all at Buckingham Palace.
--
Roland Perry

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<290p8i1actn5cuc1mut980sasb9avrivk2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61465&group=uk.railway#61465

From: charlese...@btinternet.com (Charles Ellson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 16:41:10 +0100
References: <1hg18il5eb9uvt0676778ipvrvu6jsn9ds@4ax.com> <u5qk64$174pv$1@dont-email.me> <u5qq8m$17q2f$5@dont-email.me> <u5uoht$1s11t$1@dont-email.me> <u61re0$2a5cc$1@dont-email.me> <u622sj$2b22g$5@dont-email.me> <u62co2$2cbk3$1@dont-email.me> <u66o2f$32784$1@dont-email.me> <u66qh0$32vcj$2@dont-email.me> <n4le8i1n7uop2cq2bfdl929nil758d5vkd@4ax.com> <u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me> <9lPZicK5n$hkFAHn@perry.uk> <wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk> <BsuzA6AaqHjkFAxQ@perry.uk>
 by: Charles Ellson - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 15:41 UTC

On Fri, 16 Jun 2023 16:07:06 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk>
wrote:

>In message <wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>, at
>18:44:29 on Wed, 14 Jun 2023, Arthur Figgis <afiggis@example.invalid>
>remarked:
>>On 13/06/2023 06:09, Roland Perry wrote:
>>> In message <u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me>, at 18:36:59 on Mon, 12 Jun
>>>2023, Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> remarked:

>>> They are just the nearby local government, not the national
>>>government whose seat is "The Palace of Westminster", colloquially
>>>shortened to "Westminster" much of the time.
>
>>> Meanwhile "The Palace" is the colloquial term for the monarchy,
>>>whose seat currently is "Buckingham Palace".
>>
>>Not St James's?
>
>The press office, where the Royals stand on the balcony and wave, and
>notices are pinned to the railings, are all at Buckingham Palace.

I think Recliner is alluding to where the present incumbent keeps his
bed and slippers. As Buck House has the builders/plumbers/electricians
in long term, there is no reason to believe there has been a rush to
move down the road from St James's. Has anyone been announced as
moving in to St James's?

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<u6i0s7$s87i$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61469&group=uk.railway#61469

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 15:59:03 -0000 (UTC)
<u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me>
<9lPZicK5n$hkFAHn@perry.uk>
<wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<BsuzA6AaqHjkFAxQ@perry.uk>
<290p8i1actn5cuc1mut980sasb9avrivk2@4ax.com>
sha1:YzdlSDCOxlaBKLUpa/NBDQgVcdw=
 by: Recliner - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 15:59 UTC

Charles Ellson <charlesellson@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jun 2023 16:07:06 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> In message <wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>, at
>> 18:44:29 on Wed, 14 Jun 2023, Arthur Figgis <afiggis@example.invalid>
>> remarked:

>>> Not St James's?
>>
>> The press office, where the Royals stand on the balcony and wave, and
>> notices are pinned to the railings, are all at Buckingham Palace.
>>
> I think Recliner is alluding to where the present incumbent keeps his
> bed and slippers. As Buck House has the builders/plumbers/electricians
> in long term, there is no reason to believe there has been a rush to
> move down the road from St James's. Has anyone been announced as
> moving in to St James's?

I don't think any of the major royals live in St James's Palace, though
perhaps some maintain apartments there for when they visit London; Charles
never has. He's lived in Clarence House for 20 years (and KP before that),
and seems in no hurry to move. Supposedly, he'll officially move to Buck
House when the renovations are complete, but seems more likely to stay put.

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<RYqcnRrolZuhQBH5nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61479&group=uk.railway#61479

Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 23:07:56 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.railway
From: afig...@example.invalid (Arthur Figgis)
 by: Arthur Figgis - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 22:07 UTC

And all the ambassadors?

--
Arthur Figgis

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<3nvp8i1r5hhuq65kuoq91c0ph76knilt8u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61480&group=uk.railway#61480

From: charlese...@btinternet.com (Charles Ellson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 01:34:26 +0100
References: <u5qq8m$17q2f$5@dont-email.me> <u5uoht$1s11t$1@dont-email.me> <u61re0$2a5cc$1@dont-email.me> <u622sj$2b22g$5@dont-email.me> <u62co2$2cbk3$1@dont-email.me> <u66o2f$32784$1@dont-email.me> <u66qh0$32vcj$2@dont-email.me> <n4le8i1n7uop2cq2bfdl929nil758d5vkd@4ax.com> <u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me> <9lPZicK5n$hkFAHn@perry.uk> <wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk> <BsuzA6AaqHjkFAxQ@perry.uk> <RYqcnRrolZuhQBH5nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
 by: Charles Ellson - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 00:34 UTC

On Fri, 16 Jun 2023 23:07:56 +0100, Arthur Figgis
<afiggis@example.invalid> wrote:

>On 16/06/2023 16:07, Roland Perry wrote:
>> In message <wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>, at
>> 18:44:29 on Wed, 14 Jun 2023, Arthur Figgis <afiggis@example.invalid>
>> remarked:

>>> Not St James's?
>>
>> The press office, where the Royals stand on the balcony and wave, and
>> notices are pinned to the railings, are all at Buckingham Palace.
>
>And all the ambassadors?

The official business of the Court of St James can be at either St
James's or Buckingham Palace. BP has more room for larger gatherings.

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<38M+kCJSCVjkFAXK@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61482&group=uk.railway#61482

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 07:20:02 +0100
<QgcyY2hqPsekFAKd@perry.uk> <1hg18il5eb9uvt0676778ipvrvu6jsn9ds@4ax.com>
<u5qk64$174pv$1@dont-email.me> <u5qq8m$17q2f$5@dont-email.me>
<u5uoht$1s11t$1@dont-email.me> <u61re0$2a5cc$1@dont-email.me>
<u622sj$2b22g$5@dont-email.me> <u62co2$2cbk3$1@dont-email.me>
<u66o2f$32784$1@dont-email.me> <u66qh0$32vcj$2@dont-email.me>
<n4le8i1n7uop2cq2bfdl929nil758d5vkd@4ax.com> <u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me>
<9lPZicK5n$hkFAHn@perry.uk>
<wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<BsuzA6AaqHjkFAxQ@perry.uk>
<RYqcnRrolZuhQBH5nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
 by: Roland Perry - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 06:20 UTC

In message <RYqcnRrolZuhQBH5nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>, at
23:07:56 on Fri, 16 Jun 2023, Arthur Figgis <afiggis@example.invalid>
remarked:
>On 16/06/2023 16:07, Roland Perry wrote:
>> In message <wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>, at
>>18:44:29 on Wed, 14 Jun 2023, Arthur Figgis <afiggis@example.invalid>
>>remarked:

>>> Not St James's?

>> The press office, where the Royals stand on the balcony and wave,
>>and notices are pinned to the railings, are all at Buckingham Palace.
>
>And all the ambassadors?

When dressed for dinner they'll be turning up at Buckingham Place.
--
Roland Perry

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<u6k0id$16tij$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61490&group=uk.railway#61490

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 10:06:05 -0000 (UTC)
<u66o2f$32784$1@dont-email.me>
<u66qh0$32vcj$2@dont-email.me>
<n4le8i1n7uop2cq2bfdl929nil758d5vkd@4ax.com>
<u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me>
<9lPZicK5n$hkFAHn@perry.uk>
<wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<BsuzA6AaqHjkFAxQ@perry.uk>
<RYqcnRrolZuhQBH5nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<38M+kCJSCVjkFAXK@perry.uk>
sha1:R7EdXi+y85BShwm4rjt8IY5OrqQ=
 by: Recliner - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 10:06 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <RYqcnRrolZuhQBH5nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>, at
> 23:07:56 on Fri, 16 Jun 2023, Arthur Figgis <afiggis@example.invalid>
> remarked:
>> On 16/06/2023 16:07, Roland Perry wrote:
>>> In message <wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>, at
>>> 18:44:29 on Wed, 14 Jun 2023, Arthur Figgis <afiggis@example.invalid>
>>> remarked:

>>> The press office, where the Royals stand on the balcony and wave,
>>> and notices are pinned to the railings, are all at Buckingham Palace.
>>
>> And all the ambassadors?
>
> When dressed for dinner they'll be turning up at Buckingham Place.

It's also where they presented their credentials when first appointed, but
that switched to a Zoom call from Buck House to Windsor during Covid.

From
https://embassymagazine.com/the-queen-and-her-ambassadors/

Every new head of mission from countries both great and small is accorded
with the same pomp and ceremony when they present their credentials to the
Queen. The time-honoured tradition is undoubtedly a highlight of their
careers – a carriage ride to Buckingham Palace in a state Landau escorted
by the Marshal of the Diplomatic Corps (although a quirk of history means
high commissioners get two extra horses) and a 20-minute audience with the
Queen in the elegant 1844 Room at the Palace.

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<u6k2ti$177fc$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61492&group=uk.railway#61492

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 10:46:10 -0000 (UTC)
<u66o2f$32784$1@dont-email.me>
<u66qh0$32vcj$2@dont-email.me>
<n4le8i1n7uop2cq2bfdl929nil758d5vkd@4ax.com>
<u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me>
<9lPZicK5n$hkFAHn@perry.uk>
<wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<BsuzA6AaqHjkFAxQ@perry.uk>
sha1:jMEOYkH6kpgfsk1HsZngH/ClgYM=
 by: Recliner - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 10:46 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>, at
> 18:44:29 on Wed, 14 Jun 2023, Arthur Figgis <afiggis@example.invalid>
> remarked:
>> On 13/06/2023 06:09, Roland Perry wrote:
>>> In message <u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me>, at 18:36:59 on Mon, 12 Jun
>>> 2023, Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> remarked:

>>> They are just the nearby local government, not the national
>>> government whose seat is "The Palace of Westminster", colloquially
>>> shortened to "Westminster" much of the time.
>
>>> Meanwhile "The Palace" is the colloquial term for the monarchy,
>>> whose seat currently is "Buckingham Palace".
>>
>> Not St James's?
>
> The press office, where the Royals stand on the balcony and wave, and
> notices are pinned to the railings, are all at Buckingham Palace.

Isn't the area behind the famous balcony a building site at the moment?

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<3jar8iljsl8ninugu9nbnjk1b6so720mu5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61499&group=uk.railway#61499

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
References: <u5uoht$1s11t$1@dont-email.me> <u61re0$2a5cc$1@dont-email.me> <u622sj$2b22g$5@dont-email.me> <u62co2$2cbk3$1@dont-email.me> <u66o2f$32784$1@dont-email.me> <u66qh0$32vcj$2@dont-email.me> <n4le8i1n7uop2cq2bfdl929nil758d5vkd@4ax.com> <u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me> <9lPZicK5n$hkFAHn@perry.uk> <wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk> <BsuzA6AaqHjkFAxQ@perry.uk> <RYqcnRrolZuhQBH5nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@brightview.co.uk> <3nvp8i1r5hhuq65kuoq91c0ph76knilt8u@4ax.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 13:44:49 +0100
 by: Recliner - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:44 UTC

On Sat, 17 Jun 2023 01:34:26 +0100, Charles Ellson <charlesellson@btinternet.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Jun 2023 23:07:56 +0100, Arthur Figgis
><afiggis@example.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On 16/06/2023 16:07, Roland Perry wrote:
>>> In message <wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>, at
>>> 18:44:29 on Wed, 14 Jun 2023, Arthur Figgis <afiggis@example.invalid>
>>> remarked:

>>> The press office, where the Royals stand on the balcony and wave, and
>>> notices are pinned to the railings, are all at Buckingham Palace.
>>
>>And all the ambassadors?
>>
>The official business of the Court of St James can be at either St
>James's or Buckingham Palace. BP has more room for larger gatherings.

That's normally the case, but with the extensive building work currently happening at the latter, I wonder if some
formal activities have temporarily moved to St James's?

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<hhLVnKZRpvjkFAUa@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61539&group=uk.railway#61539

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 13:36:33 +0100
<QgcyY2hqPsekFAKd@perry.uk> <1hg18il5eb9uvt0676778ipvrvu6jsn9ds@4ax.com>
<u5qk64$174pv$1@dont-email.me> <u5qq8m$17q2f$5@dont-email.me>
<u5uoht$1s11t$1@dont-email.me> <u61re0$2a5cc$1@dont-email.me>
<u622sj$2b22g$5@dont-email.me> <u62co2$2cbk3$1@dont-email.me>
<u66o2f$32784$1@dont-email.me> <u66qh0$32vcj$2@dont-email.me>
<n4le8i1n7uop2cq2bfdl929nil758d5vkd@4ax.com> <u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me>
<9lPZicK5n$hkFAHn@perry.uk>
<wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<BsuzA6AaqHjkFAxQ@perry.uk> <u6k2ti$177fc$5@dont-email.me>
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 12:36 UTC

In message <u6k2ti$177fc$5@dont-email.me>, at 10:46:10 on Sat, 17 Jun
2023, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>> In message <wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>, at
>> 18:44:29 on Wed, 14 Jun 2023, Arthur Figgis <afiggis@example.invalid>
>> remarked:

>>> Not St James's?
>>
>> The press office, where the Royals stand on the balcony and wave, and
>> notices are pinned to the railings, are all at Buckingham Palace.
>
>Isn't the area behind the famous balcony a building site at the moment?

That's entirely possible. Even with the complete refurb languishing in
the long grass, parts of the Palace of Westminster have resembled
building site for many years, including for a while the central lobby.
--
Roland Perry

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<b80u8i95f18n25var78ri5thifnd5pfg98@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61541&group=uk.railway#61541

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
References: <u5qq8m$17q2f$5@dont-email.me> <u5uoht$1s11t$1@dont-email.me> <u61re0$2a5cc$1@dont-email.me> <u622sj$2b22g$5@dont-email.me> <u62co2$2cbk3$1@dont-email.me> <u66o2f$32784$1@dont-email.me> <u66qh0$32vcj$2@dont-email.me> <n4le8i1n7uop2cq2bfdl929nil758d5vkd@4ax.com> <u67l3r$366bs$1@dont-email.me> <9lPZicK5n$hkFAHn@perry.uk> <wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk> <BsuzA6AaqHjkFAxQ@perry.uk> <u6k2ti$177fc$5@dont-email.me> <hhLVnKZRpvjkFAUa@perry.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 14:19:33 +0100
 by: Recliner - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 13:19 UTC

On Sun, 18 Jun 2023 13:36:33 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:

>In message <u6k2ti$177fc$5@dont-email.me>, at 10:46:10 on Sat, 17 Jun
>2023, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>>Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>>> In message <wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>, at
>>> 18:44:29 on Wed, 14 Jun 2023, Arthur Figgis <afiggis@example.invalid>
>>> remarked:

>>> The press office, where the Royals stand on the balcony and wave, and
>>> notices are pinned to the railings, are all at Buckingham Palace.
>>
>>Isn't the area behind the famous balcony a building site at the moment?
>
>That's entirely possible.

Apparently floor boards had to be laid again in the room(s) behind the balcony to provide access to the balcony for the
recent appearances.

With the building being re-wired and re-plumbed, as well as heavy structural work, there may not be much usable space.
It's a decade-long project that's about halfway through. I dare say that the new monarch has made some changes to the
plan, to reflect his own tastes and how he plans to use the building.

https://www.historic-cornwall.org.uk/exploring-the-current-state-of-buckingham-palace-uncovering-causes-of-disrepair-and-renewal-plans/

> Even with the complete refurb languishing in
>the long grass, parts of the Palace of Westminster have resembled
>building site for many years, including for a while the central lobby.

That's presumably more to stop the building falling down, rather than to actually do any rebuilding?

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<u6nc6t$1mr84$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61551&group=uk.railway#61551

From: bob...@domain.com (Bob)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 18:43:09 +0200
 by: Bob - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 16:43 UTC

On 18.06.23 15:19, Recliner wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jun 2023 13:36:33 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>
>> In message <u6k2ti$177fc$5@dont-email.me>, at 10:46:10 on Sat, 17 Jun
>> 2023, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> Isn't the area behind the famous balcony a building site at the moment?
>>
>> That's entirely possible.
>
> Apparently floor boards had to be laid again in the room(s) behind the balcony to provide access to the balcony for the
> recent appearances.
>
> With the building being re-wired and re-plumbed, as well as heavy structural work, there may not be much usable space.
> It's a decade-long project that's about halfway through. I dare say that the new monarch has made some changes to the
> plan, to reflect his own tastes and how he plans to use the building.

Given that timescale, it wouldn't surprise me if Elizabeth gave Charles
a fairly free hand in determining what the finished state would be,
given the time scales and ages of the poeple concerned.

Robin

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<Lbk$ZVev00jkFADu@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61557&group=uk.railway#61557

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 19:30:07 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 18:30 UTC

In message <b80u8i95f18n25var78ri5thifnd5pfg98@4ax.com>, at 14:19:33 on
Sun, 18 Jun 2023, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>On Sun, 18 Jun 2023 13:36:33 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>
>>In message <u6k2ti$177fc$5@dont-email.me>, at 10:46:10 on Sat, 17 Jun
>>2023, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>>Isn't the area behind the famous balcony a building site at the moment?
>>
>>That's entirely possible.
>
>Apparently floor boards had to be laid again in the room(s) behind the
>balcony to provide access to the balcony for the
>recent appearances.
>
>With the building being re-wired and re-plumbed, as well as heavy
>structural work, there may not be much usable space.
>It's a decade-long project that's about halfway through. I dare say
>that the new monarch has made some changes to the
>plan, to reflect his own tastes and how he plans to use the building.
>
>https://www.historic-cornwall.org.uk/exploring-the-current-state-of-buck
>ingham-palace-uncovering-causes-of-disrepair-and-renewal-plans/
>
>> Even with the complete refurb languishing in
>>the long grass, parts of the Palace of Westminster have resembled
>>building site for many years, including for a while the central lobby.
>
>That's presumably more to stop the building falling down, rather than
>to actually do any rebuilding?

The project in the central lobby was to re-tile the floor. I don't
expect that had much to do with stopping the building falling down.
--
Roland Perry

Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months

<u6nr6h$1ohk9$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61559&group=uk.railway#61559

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 20:58:57 -0000 (UTC)
<wuGdnUJlVOjjYRT5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<BsuzA6AaqHjkFAxQ@perry.uk>
<u6k2ti$177fc$5@dont-email.me>
<hhLVnKZRpvjkFAUa@perry.uk>
<b80u8i95f18n25var78ri5thifnd5pfg98@4ax.com>
<Lbk$ZVev00jkFADu@perry.uk>
sha1:/W8qfLkM9k+XO4CU921BUu0rk2o=
 by: Recliner - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 20:58 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <b80u8i95f18n25var78ri5thifnd5pfg98@4ax.com>, at 14:19:33 on
> Sun, 18 Jun 2023, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>> On Sun, 18 Jun 2023 13:36:33 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> In message <u6k2ti$177fc$5@dont-email.me>, at 10:46:10 on Sat, 17 Jun
>>> 2023, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> That's entirely possible.
>>
>> Apparently floor boards had to be laid again in the room(s) behind the
>> balcony to provide access to the balcony for the
>> recent appearances.
>>
>> With the building being re-wired and re-plumbed, as well as heavy
>> structural work, there may not be much usable space.
>> It's a decade-long project that's about halfway through. I dare say
>> that the new monarch has made some changes to the
>> plan, to reflect his own tastes and how he plans to use the building.
>>
>> https://www.historic-cornwall.org.uk/exploring-the-current-state-of-buck
>> ingham-palace-uncovering-causes-of-disrepair-and-renewal-plans/
>>
>>> Even with the complete refurb languishing in
>>> the long grass, parts of the Palace of Westminster have resembled
>>> building site for many years, including for a while the central lobby.
>>
>> That's presumably more to stop the building falling down, rather than
>> to actually do any rebuilding?
>
> The project in the central lobby was to re-tile the floor. I don't
> expect that had much to do with stopping the building falling down.

Ah:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/westminster-central-lobby-tiles-restored-nineyear-project-b931914.html

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: No Amsterdam Eurostar for 12 months