Armadillo: To provide weapons to a Spanish pickle.

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / ot: what i have realised recently...

SubjectAuthor
* ot: what i have realised recently...jeremy
+* ot: what i have realised recently...CT
|+- ot: what i have realised recently...ChrisND @UKRM
|`- ot: what i have realised recently...Mike Fleming
+* ot: what i have realised recently...Hog
|+* ot: what i have realised recently...ChrisND
||`- ot: what i have realised recently...Hog
|`* ot: what i have realised recently...jeremy
| +- ot: what i have realised recently...ChrisND @UKRM
| `- ot: what i have realised recently...Ben Blaney
+* ot: what i have realised recently...Turby
|`- ot: what i have realised recently...Pipl
`* ot: what i have realised recently...Boots
 `- ot: what i have realised recently...Pete Fisher

1
ot: what i have realised recently...

<j1elgnFng8sU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6163&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6163

From: jeremy0...@gmail.com (jeremy)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: ot: what i have realised recently...
Date: 9 Dec 2021 15:26:15 GMT
 by: jeremy - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 15:26 UTC

.... is that I am out of touch with ukrm over the last few months and realise
it's because as I no longer work I am not at my laptop for hours on end. As a
result I don't find myself idly reading usenet as a distraction from the work
I was supposed to have ben doing :)

--
jeremy

Re: ot: what i have realised recently...

<sot7ki$dvl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6165&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6165

From: me...@christrollen.co.uk (CT)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: ot: what i have realised recently...
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 15:33:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: CT - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 15:33 UTC

jeremy wrote:

> ... is that I am out of touch with ukrm over the last few months and
> realise it's because as I no longer work I am not at my laptop for
> hours on end. As a result I don't find myself idly reading usenet as
> a distraction from the work I was supposed to have ben doing :)

That's exactly the reason that I didn't pop in for a couple of years
(or more)!

--
Chris

Re: ot: what i have realised recently...

<j1eovlFo5g9U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6169&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6169

From: chri...@privacy.net (ChrisND @UKRM)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 16:25:25 +0000
 by: ChrisND @UKRM - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 16:25 UTC

On 09/12/2021 15:33, CT wrote:
> jeremy wrote:
>
>> ... is that I am out of touch with ukrm over the last few months and
>> realise it's because as I no longer work I am not at my laptop for
>> hours on end. As a result I don't find myself idly reading usenet as
>> a distraction from the work I was supposed to have ben doing :)
>
> That's exactly the reason that I didn't pop in for a couple of years
> (or more)!

+1

The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t
http://www.Deuchars.org.uk

Re: ot: what i have realised recently...

<a06adb55-5955-4e70-8397-450b2eeb9d81n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6175&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6175

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 10:38:22 -0800 (PST)
From: york...@gmail.com (Hog)
 by: Hog - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 18:38 UTC

On Thursday, 9 December 2021 at 15:26:18 UTC, jeremy wrote:
> ... is that I am out of touch with ukrm over the last few months and realise
> it's because as I no longer work I am not at my laptop for hours on end. As a
> result I don't find myself idly reading usenet as a distraction from the work
> I was supposed to have ben doing :)

That and the demise of Outlook Express with OEQuotefix. When I retired the last Win XP machine was left behind (yeah legacy healcare equipment and all that).
Google groups is vile, particularly on smartphone and there is no good Android usenet app
--
Hog
2020 SD-R '89 R100RS '96 Bastard12

Re: ot: what i have realised recently...

<sotpbd$ffn$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6179&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6179

From: xsu...@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 12:35:58 -0800
 by: Turby - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 20:35 UTC

On 12/9/2021 7:26 AM, jeremy wrote:
> ... is that I am out of touch with ukrm over the last few months and realise
> it's because as I no longer work I am not at my laptop for hours on end.

But but but... that's WHY I am at my computer for hours on end. Does
that mean I don't have an excuse now?

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS, ST1100 (in memoriam)

Re: ot: what i have realised recently...

<2ct4rg16edbnsj8b9ele7pi9dmka1l8j6t@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6180&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6180

From: plusc...@live.co.uk (Pipl)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 21:31:06 +0000
 by: Pipl - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 21:31 UTC

On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 12:35:58 -0800, Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:

>On 12/9/2021 7:26 AM, jeremy wrote:
>> ... is that I am out of touch with ukrm over the last few months and realise
>> it's because as I no longer work I am not at my laptop for hours on end.
>
>But but but... that's WHY I am at my computer for hours on end. Does
>that mean I don't have an excuse now?

You could do a bit of work to relieve the monotony.

--

-Pip

Re: ot: what i have realised recently...

<07ja8i-asd.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6185&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6185

From: new...@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 08:22:24 +0800
 by: Boots - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 00:22 UTC

On 09/12/2021 23:26 jeremy penned these words:
> ... is that I am out of touch with ukrm over the last few months and realise
> it's because as I no longer work I am not at my laptop for hours on end. As a
> result I don't find myself idly reading usenet as a distraction from the work
> I was supposed to have ben doing :)

I usually end up spinning through while drinking coffee and avoiding going out
to exercise in the morning before madam arises.

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: ot: what i have realised recently...

<j1fug4Fg7tU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6192&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6192

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 03:05:39 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 03:05 UTC

On 09/12/2021 15:33, CT wrote:
> jeremy wrote:
>
>> ... is that I am out of touch with ukrm over the last few months and
>> realise it's because as I no longer work I am not at my laptop for
>> hours on end. As a result I don't find myself idly reading usenet as
>> a distraction from the work I was supposed to have ben doing :)
>
> That's exactly the reason that I didn't pop in for a couple of years
> (or more)!

My reason was exactly opposite - I couldn't read Usenet in the day and
had no chance of keeping up with 1000+ messages a day, when I was also
reading a couple of other high-traffic groups.

Re: ot: what i have realised recently...

<j1gdc0F330dU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6195&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6195

From: pet...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 07:19:30 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 07:19 UTC

On 10/12/2021 00:22, Boots wrote:
> On 09/12/2021 23:26 jeremy penned these words:
>> ... is that I am out of touch with ukrm over the last few months and realise
>> it's because as I no longer work I am not at my laptop for hours on end. As a
>> result I don't find myself idly reading usenet as a distraction from the work
>> I was supposed to have ben doing :)
>>

> I usually end up spinning through while drinking coffee and avoiding going out
> to exercise in the morning before madam arises.

Sitting here in front of a monitor with an SAD lamp next to it (07.15).
Tea. Coffee after breakfast.
Any exercise will be on an exercise bike unless the weather warms up
significantly.

--
Moto Morini 2C/375, Moto Morini 2C/350
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen

Re: ot: what i have realised recently...

<j1gla1F4jstU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6202&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6202

From: chr...@ukrm.net (ChrisND)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 10 Dec 2021 09:34:59 GMT
 by: ChrisND - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 09:34 UTC

On 09/12/2021 18:38, Hog wrote:
>On Thursday, 9 December 2021 at 15:26:18 UTC, jeremy wrote:
>> ... is that I am out of touch with ukrm over the last few months and realise
>> it's because as I no longer work I am not at my laptop for hours on end. As a
>> result I don't find myself idly reading usenet as a distraction from the work
>> I was supposed to have ben doing :)
>
>That and the demise of Outlook Express with OEQuotefix. When I retired the last Win XP machine was left behind (yeah legacy healcare equipment and all that).
>Google groups is vile, particularly on smartphone and there is no good Android usenet app

Phonews is palatable...
Hth

--
XV750SE & GS550T

Re: ot: what i have realised recently...

<j1gpgaF5cshU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6213&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6213

From: jeremy0...@gmail.com (jeremy)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 10 Dec 2021 10:46:34 GMT
 by: jeremy - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 10:46 UTC

On 9 Dec 2021 at 18:38:22 GMT, "Hog" <york996@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 9 December 2021 at 15:26:18 UTC, jeremy wrote:
>> ... is that I am out of touch with ukrm over the last few months and realise
>> it's because as I no longer work I am not at my laptop for hours on end. As a
>> result I don't find myself idly reading usenet as a distraction from the work
>> I was supposed to have ben doing :)
>
> That and the demise of Outlook Express with OEQuotefix. When I retired the
> last Win XP machine was left behind (yeah legacy healcare equipment and all
> that).
> Google groups is vile, particularly on smartphone and there is no good Android
> usenet app

I have just resurrected my macbook pro and am trying out usenapp - seems OK

Google groups - couldn't get on with that at all

--
jeremy

Re: ot: what i have realised recently...

<j1h5n2F7lskU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6222&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6222

From: chri...@privacy.net (ChrisND @UKRM)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 14:14:57 +0000
 by: ChrisND @UKRM - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 14:14 UTC

On 10/12/2021 10:46, jeremy wrote:
> On 9 Dec 2021 at 18:38:22 GMT, "Hog" <york996@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, 9 December 2021 at 15:26:18 UTC, jeremy wrote:
>>> ... is that I am out of touch with ukrm over the last few months and realise
>>> it's because as I no longer work I am not at my laptop for hours on end. As a
>>> result I don't find myself idly reading usenet as a distraction from the work
>>> I was supposed to have ben doing :)
>>
>> That and the demise of Outlook Express with OEQuotefix. When I retired the
>> last Win XP machine was left behind (yeah legacy healcare equipment and all
>> that).
>> Google groups is vile, particularly on smartphone and there is no good Android
>> usenet app
>>

> I have just resurrected my macbook pro and am trying out usenapp - seems OK
But not Android? :-)

The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t
http://www.Deuchars.org.uk

Re: ot: what i have realised recently...

<01000bf1-2f01-4a25-8f8e-6ee0ddf05de3n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6226&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6226

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 08:01:49 -0800 (PST)
From: york...@gmail.com (Hog)
 by: Hog - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 16:01 UTC

On Friday, 10 December 2021 at 09:35:00 UTC, ChrisND wrote:

> Phonews is palatable...
> Hth

Cheers, one shall have a look

Re: ot: what i have realised recently...

<527baab0-3a27-4710-9f7f-aa9becb0ed2en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6286&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6286

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 07:13:29 -0800 (PST)
From: benbla...@gmail.com (Ben Blaney)
 by: Ben Blaney - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 15:13 UTC

On Friday, December 10, 2021 at 5:46:36 AM UTC-5, jeremy wrote:

> I have just resurrected my macbook pro and am trying out usenapp - seems OK

Might give that a try. Murray always use to recommend MacSoup, but I didn't like it.