Truth is the most valuable thing we have -- so let us economize it. -- Mark Twain

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: Allelys accident

SubjectAuthor
* Allelys accidentMuttley
+* Allelys accidentMarland
|+- Allelys accidentKen
|`* Allelys accidentMuttley
| `* Allelys accidentMarland
|  `* Allelys accidentMuttley
|   +* Allelys accidentSam Wilson
|   |`- Allelys accidentMuttley
|   +* Allelys accidentBob
|   |+- Allelys accidentGraeme Wall
|   |`- Allelys accidentMuttley
|   `- Allelys accidentSam Wilson
`* Allelys accidentBob
 `* Allelys accidentMuttley
  `* Allelys accidentBevan Price
   `- Allelys accidentMuttley

1
Allelys accident

<u6siq3$2fsje$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61603&group=uk.railway#61603

From: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Subject: Allelys accident
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:06:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:06 UTC

Bet this won't appear in the next series of Train Truckers! Looks like they
were moving an LU loco and someone forgot to apply the parking brake.

Bit disappointing to see the truck cab is made of nasty glassfibre but I
suppose thats the way the world is going now.

Re: Allelys accident

<kfeo8dF1epmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61612&group=uk.railway#61612

From: gemeha...@btinternet.co.uk (Marland)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Subject: Re: Allelys accident
Date: 20 Jun 2023 22:41:17 GMT
 by: Marland - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 22:41 UTC

<Muttley@dastardlyhq.com> wrote:
> Bet this won't appear in the next series of Train Truckers! Looks like they
> were moving an LU loco and someone forgot to apply the parking brake.
>
> Bit disappointing to see the truck cab is made of nasty glassfibre but I
> suppose thats the way the world is going now.

Been good enough for HST cabs for nearly half a century.

GH

Re: Allelys accident

<2g959i1bga9lrqeubqdiqqktub0bvif1tg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61616&group=uk.railway#61616

From: ken...@birchanger.com (Ken)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 08:27:49 +0100
 by: Ken - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 07:27 UTC

On 20 Jun 2023 22:41:17 GMT, Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk>
wrote:

><Muttley@dastardlyhq.com> wrote:
>> Bet this won't appear in the next series of Train Truckers! Looks like they
>> were moving an LU loco and someone forgot to apply the parking brake.
>>
>> Bit disappointing to see the truck cab is made of nasty glassfibre but I
>> suppose thats the way the world is going now.
>>

>Been good enough for HST cabs for nearly half a century.
>
>GH
Which is why they're seen as a problem now. Have you ever heard Gareth
Dennis on the subject of HSTs? Basically he considers them dangerous
anachronisms that have no place in regular service on the national
network.

Re: Allelys accident

<u6ubn5$2pvml$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61618&group=uk.railway#61618

From: bob...@domain.com (Bob)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 10:17:41 +0200
 by: Bob - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 08:17 UTC

On 20.06.23 18:06, Muttley@dastardlyhq.com wrote:
> Bet this won't appear in the next series of Train Truckers! Looks like they
> were moving an LU loco and someone forgot to apply the parking brake.
>
> Bit disappointing to see the truck cab is made of nasty glassfibre but I
> suppose thats the way the world is going now.

Generally the fibreglass is cosmetic/aerodynamic, with the actual
structure that provides the strength/crash safety being something else
(eg steel) underneath.

Robin

Re: Allelys accident

<u6v519$2uh7p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61631&group=uk.railway#61631

From: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:29:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:29 UTC

On 20 Jun 2023 22:41:17 GMT
Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk> wrote:
><Muttley@dastardlyhq.com> wrote:
>> Bet this won't appear in the next series of Train Truckers! Looks like they
>> were moving an LU loco and someone forgot to apply the parking brake.
>>
>> Bit disappointing to see the truck cab is made of nasty glassfibre but I
>> suppose thats the way the world is going now.
>>

>Been good enough for HST cabs for nearly half a century.

Road vehicles, particularly lorries, get more minor bashes and bumps than
a train ever will. You don't want something that'll cost a small fortune to
replace if it breaks, you want some metal you can bash out, fill and respray.

Re: Allelys accident

<u6v53e$2uhtp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61633&group=uk.railway#61633

From: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:30:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:30 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 10:17:41 +0200
Bob <bob@domain.com> wrote:
>On 20.06.23 18:06, Muttley@dastardlyhq.com wrote:
>> Bet this won't appear in the next series of Train Truckers! Looks like they
>> were moving an LU loco and someone forgot to apply the parking brake.
>>
>> Bit disappointing to see the truck cab is made of nasty glassfibre but I
>> suppose thats the way the world is going now.
>
>Generally the fibreglass is cosmetic/aerodynamic, with the actual
>structure that provides the strength/crash safety being something else
>(eg steel) underneath.

No doubt. I was thinking more of repair costs when the inevitable bump occurs.
That truck is going to need a lot of expensive replacement panels whereas if
it was metal it could be just bashed out, filled and resprayed.

Re: Allelys accident

<kfgntoFaqdsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61639&group=uk.railway#61639

From: gemeha...@btinternet.co.uk (Marland)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: 21 Jun 2023 16:47:52 GMT
 by: Marland - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:47 UTC

<Muttley@dastardlyhq.com> wrote:
> On 20 Jun 2023 22:41:17 GMT
> Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk> wrote:
>> <Muttley@dastardlyhq.com> wrote:
>>> Bet this won't appear in the next series of Train Truckers! Looks like they
>>> were moving an LU loco and someone forgot to apply the parking brake.
>>>
>>> Bit disappointing to see the truck cab is made of nasty glassfibre but I
>>> suppose thats the way the world is going now.
>>>

>> Been good enough for HST cabs for nearly half a century.
>
> Road vehicles, particularly lorries, get more minor bashes and bumps than
> a train ever will. You don't want something that'll cost a small fortune to
> replace if it breaks, you want some metal you can bash out, fill and respray.

Or even quicker like some buses have lightweight panels held to a
supportive frame with industrial
grade Velcro, a panel damaged in the morning rush hour can be changed
before the evening one.

Lorry cabs tend have the external panels mounted on a frame work and if a
minor bump or scrape has left that intact then an operator won’t want to
waste time off road while a skilled operative takes time to do the metal
straightening ,filling and painting. It will be in the shop for the panels
to replaced wether they are metal or GRP.
And I would not be surprised if skilled panel beaters are harder to find
than they once were ,
in fact a quick web showed that the trade bodies are arguing just that
point and asking the government to allow recruiting from abroad. Typical
for UK industry who havn’t trained enough young people in recent decades
coupled with a social climate that encourages parents to believe that
unless their child gets a degree of any sort then the child becomes a
second class citizen, despite many youngsters not being academically
suitable for that path but more than capable of earning a good living in
other ways if given the chance. Denied it they become troubled youth and
then dole monkeys.

GH

Re: Allelys accident

<u6vkhc$30b35$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61642&group=uk.railway#61642

From: bevanpri...@gmail.com (Bevan Price)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 20:54:19 +0100
 by: Bevan Price - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 19:54 UTC

On 21/06/2023 16:30, Muttley@dastardlyhq.com wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 10:17:41 +0200
> Bob <bob@domain.com> wrote:
>> On 20.06.23 18:06, Muttley@dastardlyhq.com wrote:
>>> Bet this won't appear in the next series of Train Truckers! Looks like they
>>> were moving an LU loco and someone forgot to apply the parking brake.
>>>
>>> Bit disappointing to see the truck cab is made of nasty glassfibre but I
>>> suppose thats the way the world is going now.
>>
>> Generally the fibreglass is cosmetic/aerodynamic, with the actual
>> structure that provides the strength/crash safety being something else
>> (eg steel) underneath.
>
> No doubt. I was thinking more of repair costs when the inevitable bump occurs.
> That truck is going to need a lot of expensive replacement panels whereas if
> it was metal it could be just bashed out, filled and resprayed.

Not necessarily. Provided it is not load-bearing, panels can easily be
replaced in a couple of hours - plus the time needed to obtain glass
fibre and resin if you don't have have them in stock.

Soak glass fibre with resin, bend to shape and allow resin to harden.

Re: Allelys accident

<u71rbq$3bljk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61650&group=uk.railway#61650

From: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:03:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:03 UTC

On 21 Jun 2023 16:47:52 GMT
Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk> wrote:
><Muttley@dastardlyhq.com> wrote:
>> Road vehicles, particularly lorries, get more minor bashes and bumps than
>> a train ever will. You don't want something that'll cost a small fortune to
>> replace if it breaks, you want some metal you can bash out, fill and respray.
>

>Or even quicker like some buses have lightweight panels held to a
>supportive frame with industrial
>grade Velcro, a panel damaged in the morning rush hour can be changed
>before the evening one.

The ones on this lorry don't look particularly lightweight or cheap tbh.

>in fact a quick web showed that the trade bodies are arguing just that
>point and asking the government to allow recruiting from abroad. Typical
>for UK industry who havn’t trained enough young people in recent decades
>coupled with a social climate that encourages parents to believe that
>unless their child gets a degree of any sort then the child becomes a
>second class citizen, despite many youngsters not being academically
>suitable for that path but more than capable of earning a good living in
>other ways if given the chance. Denied it they become troubled youth and
>then dole monkeys.

Tony BLiar started the rot with his cretinous belief that everyone should go
to university regardless. That man has as much to answer for (immigration,
iraq) as Thatcher ever did but a lot of people have a complete blind spot about
him.

Re: Allelys accident

<u71rdl$3blp8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61651&group=uk.railway#61651

From: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:04:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:04 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 20:54:19 +0100
Bevan Price <bevanprice666@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 21/06/2023 16:30, Muttley@dastardlyhq.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 10:17:41 +0200
>> Bob <bob@domain.com> wrote:

>>> Generally the fibreglass is cosmetic/aerodynamic, with the actual
>>> structure that provides the strength/crash safety being something else
>>> (eg steel) underneath.
>>
>> No doubt. I was thinking more of repair costs when the inevitable bump
>occurs.
>> That truck is going to need a lot of expensive replacement panels whereas if
>> it was metal it could be just bashed out, filled and resprayed.
>>

>Not necessarily. Provided it is not load-bearing, panels can easily be
>replaced in a couple of hours - plus the time needed to obtain glass
>fibre and resin if you don't have have them in stock.
>
>Soak glass fibre with resin, bend to shape and allow resin to harden.

I doubt too many haulage companies have those sorts of skills. They will
however have some hammers.

Re: Allelys accident

<u721q1$3cduo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61655&group=uk.railway#61655

From: ukr...@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk (Sam Wilson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:53:05 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:WaZiKtkjlYw0dL+ZCFd1alUknVM=
 by: Sam Wilson - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:53 UTC

<Muttley@dastardlyhq.com> wrote:
> On 21 Jun 2023 16:47:52 GMT
> Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk> wrote:
>> <Muttley@dastardlyhq.com> wrote:
>>> Road vehicles, particularly lorries, get more minor bashes and bumps than
>>> a train ever will. You don't want something that'll cost a small fortune to
>>> replace if it breaks, you want some metal you can bash out, fill and respray.
>>

>> Or even quicker like some buses have lightweight panels held to a
>> supportive frame with industrial
>> grade Velcro, a panel damaged in the morning rush hour can be changed
>> before the evening one.
>
> The ones on this lorry don't look particularly lightweight or cheap tbh.
>
>> in fact a quick web showed that the trade bodies are arguing just that
>> point and asking the government to allow recruiting from abroad. Typical
>> for UK industry who havn’t trained enough young people in recent decades
>> coupled with a social climate that encourages parents to believe that
>> unless their child gets a degree of any sort then the child becomes a
>> second class citizen, despite many youngsters not being academically
>> suitable for that path but more than capable of earning a good living in
>> other ways if given the chance. Denied it they become troubled youth and
>> then dole monkeys.
>
> Tony BLiar started the rot with his cretinous belief that everyone should go
> to university regardless. That man has as much to answer for (immigration,
> iraq) as Thatcher ever did but a lot of people have a complete blind spot about
> him.

Actually that started under Thatcher and really got going with the 1992 Act
under Major which made all the polytechnics and similar institutions into
Universities.

Sam

--
The entity formerly known as Sam.Wilson@ed.ac.uk
Spit the dummy to reply

Re: Allelys accident

<u72a7d$3dcod$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61659&group=uk.railway#61659

From: bob...@domain.com (Bob)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 22:16:45 +0200
 by: Bob - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 20:16 UTC

On 22.06.23 18:03, Muttley@dastardlyhq.com wrote:
> On 21 Jun 2023 16:47:52 GMT
> Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk> wrote:
>> <Muttley@dastardlyhq.com> wrote:
>>> Road vehicles, particularly lorries, get more minor bashes and bumps than
>>> a train ever will. You don't want something that'll cost a small fortune to
>>> replace if it breaks, you want some metal you can bash out, fill and respray.
>>

>> Or even quicker like some buses have lightweight panels held to a
>> supportive frame with industrial
>> grade Velcro, a panel damaged in the morning rush hour can be changed
>> before the evening one.
>
> The ones on this lorry don't look particularly lightweight or cheap tbh.
>
>> in fact a quick web showed that the trade bodies are arguing just that
>> point and asking the government to allow recruiting from abroad. Typical
>> for UK industry who havn’t trained enough young people in recent decades
>> coupled with a social climate that encourages parents to believe that
>> unless their child gets a degree of any sort then the child becomes a
>> second class citizen, despite many youngsters not being academically
>> suitable for that path but more than capable of earning a good living in
>> other ways if given the chance. Denied it they become troubled youth and
>> then dole monkeys.
>
> Tony BLiar started the rot with his cretinous belief that everyone should go
> to university regardless. That man has as much to answer for (immigration,
> iraq) as Thatcher ever did but a lot of people have a complete blind spot about
> him.

Wow, Tony BLiar. I've not heard that simpleton unimaginative parrotted
insult in the better part of 20 years. I note that UK net immigration is
about double what it was during the Blair years [1]. Looks like under
Boris the government just threw open the doors to Asian and African
migrants.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63743259

Robin

Re: Allelys accident

<u72crm$3dp14$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61661&group=uk.railway#61661

From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 22:01:42 +0100
 by: Graeme Wall - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 21:01 UTC

On 22/06/2023 21:16, Bob wrote:
> On 22.06.23 18:03, Muttley@dastardlyhq.com wrote:
>> On 21 Jun 2023 16:47:52 GMT
>> Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk> wrote:
>>>

>>> Or even quicker like some buses have lightweight panels held to a
>>> supportive frame with industrial
>>> grade Velcro,  a panel damaged in the morning rush hour can be changed
>>> before the evening one.
>>
>> The ones on this lorry don't look particularly lightweight or cheap tbh.
>>
>>> in fact a quick web showed that the trade bodies are arguing just that
>>> point and asking the government to allow recruiting from abroad. Typical
>>> for UK industry who havn’t trained enough young people in recent decades
>>> coupled  with a social climate that encourages parents  to believe that
>>> unless their child gets  a degree of any sort  then the child becomes a
>>> second class citizen, despite many youngsters not being academically
>>> suitable for that path but more than capable of earning a good living in
>>> other ways if given the chance. Denied it they become troubled youth and
>>> then dole monkeys.
>>
>> Tony BLiar started the rot with his cretinous belief that everyone
>> should go
>> to university regardless. That man has as much to answer for
>> (immigration,
>> iraq) as Thatcher ever did but a lot of people have a complete blind
>> spot about
>> him.
>
> Wow, Tony BLiar. I've not heard that simpleton unimaginative parrotted
> insult in the better part of 20 years. I note that UK net immigration is
> about double what it was during the Blair years [1]. Looks like under
> Boris the government just threw open the doors to Asian and African
> migrants.
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63743259

Anyone, providing they weren't from Europe.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: Allelys accident

<u72e4l$3dtbm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61663&group=uk.railway#61663

From: ukr...@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk (Sam Wilson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 21:23:33 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:gN4+tYfaPxcIXRdg4hIf2zva80o=
 by: Sam Wilson - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 21:23 UTC

<Muttley@dastardlyhq.com> wrote:
> On 21 Jun 2023 16:47:52 GMT
> Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk> wrote:
>> <Muttley@dastardlyhq.com> wrote:
>>> Road vehicles, particularly lorries, get more minor bashes and bumps than
>>> a train ever will. You don't want something that'll cost a small fortune to
>>> replace if it breaks, you want some metal you can bash out, fill and respray.
>>

>> Or even quicker like some buses have lightweight panels held to a
>> supportive frame with industrial
>> grade Velcro, a panel damaged in the morning rush hour can be changed
>> before the evening one.
>
> The ones on this lorry don't look particularly lightweight or cheap tbh.
>
>> in fact a quick web showed that the trade bodies are arguing just that
>> point and asking the government to allow recruiting from abroad. Typical
>> for UK industry who havn’t trained enough young people in recent decades
>> coupled with a social climate that encourages parents to believe that
>> unless their child gets a degree of any sort then the child becomes a
>> second class citizen, despite many youngsters not being academically
>> suitable for that path but more than capable of earning a good living in
>> other ways if given the chance. Denied it they become troubled youth and
>> then dole monkeys.
>
> Tony BLiar started the rot with his cretinous belief that everyone should go
> to university regardless. That man has as much to answer for (immigration,
> iraq) as Thatcher ever did but a lot of people have a complete blind spot about
> him.

Actually that started under Thatcher and really got going with the 1992 Act
under Major which made all the polytechnics and similar institutions into
Universities.

Sam

--
The entity formerly known as Sam.Wilson@ed.ac.uk
Spit the dummy to reply

Re: Allelys accident

<u74daq$3opck$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61666&group=uk.railway#61666

From: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 15:22:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 15:22 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:53:05 -0000 (UTC)
Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
><Muttley@dastardlyhq.com> wrote:
>> On 21 Jun 2023 16:47:52 GMT
>> Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk> wrote:
>> Tony BLiar started the rot with his cretinous belief that everyone should go
>> to university regardless. That man has as much to answer for (immigration,
>> iraq) as Thatcher ever did but a lot of people have a complete blind spot
>about
>> him.
>
>Actually that started under Thatcher and really got going with the 1992 Act
>under Major which made all the polytechnics and similar institutions into
>Universities.

Didn't know that was under Major but that was also a pointless action. Polys
usually did sandwich courses in stem type subjects and were pretty good at
it. The crap ones simply became crap unis eg north london poly which became
north london uni and is still the leftovers bin for people who can't get in
anywhere else with entry qualifications being able to sign your own name and
not licking the windows.

Re: Allelys accident

<u74dps$3or5j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=61668&group=uk.railway#61668

From: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 15:30:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 15:30 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 22:16:45 +0200
Bob <bob@domain.com> wrote:
>On 22.06.23 18:03, Muttley@dastardlyhq.com wrote:
>> On 21 Jun 2023 16:47:52 GMT
>> Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk> wrote:

>respray.
>>>

>>> Or even quicker like some buses have lightweight panels held to a
>>> supportive frame with industrial
>>> grade Velcro, a panel damaged in the morning rush hour can be changed
>>> before the evening one.
>>
>> The ones on this lorry don't look particularly lightweight or cheap tbh.
>>
>>> in fact a quick web showed that the trade bodies are arguing just that
>>> point and asking the government to allow recruiting from abroad. Typical
>>> for UK industry who havn’t trained enough young people in recent decades
>>> coupled with a social climate that encourages parents to believe that
>>> unless their child gets a degree of any sort then the child becomes a
>>> second class citizen, despite many youngsters not being academically
>>> suitable for that path but more than capable of earning a good living in
>>> other ways if given the chance. Denied it they become troubled youth and
>>> then dole monkeys.
>>
>> Tony BLiar started the rot with his cretinous belief that everyone should go
>> to university regardless. That man has as much to answer for (immigration,
>> iraq) as Thatcher ever did but a lot of people have a complete blind spot
>about
>> him.
>
>Wow, Tony BLiar. I've not heard that simpleton unimaginative parrotted
>insult in the better part of 20 years. I note that UK net immigration is

Sums up the preening halfwit perfectly so why not use it. Sounds like you
still hold a candle for him. Don't worry, he'll soon be in the Lords if
Labour get in where he can massage his ego and bore everyone to death for
hours.

>about double what it was during the Blair years [1]. Looks like under
>Boris the government just threw open the doors to Asian and African
>migrants.

Boris was a clown as mayor of london and a clown as PM. Don't expect me to
defend him, I can't stand the man. That doesn't detract from what Blair did
and Browns comment about that women caught by his mike in that car sums up
what New Labour really thought about the unwashed.