Don't you wish you had more energy... or less ambition?

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Tealess blood donation

SubjectAuthor
* Tealess blood donationTim+
+* Tealess blood donationNick Odell
|+* Tealess blood donationTone
||+* Tealess blood donationhubops
|||`- Tealess blood donationJonathan Harston
||+* Tealess blood donationTim+
|||`- Tealess blood donationSam Plusnet
||`- Tealess blood donationBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)
|`* Tealess blood donationTim+
| `- Tealess blood donationSam Plusnet
+* Tealess blood donationChris Elvidge
|+* Tealess blood donationTim+
||`* Tealess blood donationSam Plusnet
|| `- Tealess blood donationDon Stockbauer
|+- Tealess blood donationNicholas D. Richards
|`- Tealess blood donationRustyHinge
+- Tealess blood donationBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)
`* Tealess blood donationBrownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)
 `- Tealess blood donationTim+

1
Tealess blood donation

<640066149.661467489.580950.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6356&group=uk.rec.sheds#6356

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Tealess blood donation
Date: 17 Dec 2021 21:04:01 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 21:04 UTC

Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
experience.

No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
DRINK AFTERWARDS.

I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: Tealess blood donation

<vq1qrg1ug1g9p31fu08aonhi3bn20nofmk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6357&group=uk.rec.sheds#6357

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Tealess blood donation
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:05:01 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:05 UTC

On 17 Dec 2021 21:04:01 GMT, Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote:

>Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
>absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
>experience.
>
>No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
>DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>
>I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.

Wot? No tea for nobody?

I know that first-time donors are only given a cold drink afterwards
because they say that there's a higher possibility of a new donor
fainting etc after having a hot drink - no, I don't understand it
either. After a twenty years absence they might be classifying you as
new donor.

I had a long gap between donations brought about by visiting places
after which they variously wouldn't let me donate again for six months
or a year, by which time I'd have visited another place and got
another six month or year suspension. If I had continued donating
without the gaps I'd still be able to do so but after that absence
record I'd be treated as a new donor and I'm now too old to be a new
donor so that's it.

Nick

Re: Tealess blood donation

<spj24g$93h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6358&group=uk.rec.sheds#6358

From: ema...@address.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:14:47 +0000
 by: Tone - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:14 UTC

On 17/12/2021 22:05, Nick Odell wrote:
> On 17 Dec 2021 21:04:01 GMT, Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
>> absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
>> experience.
>>
>> No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
>> DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>>
>> I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.
>>
> Wot? No tea for nobody?
>
> I know that first-time donors are only given a cold drink afterwards
> because they say that there's a higher possibility of a new donor
> fainting etc after having a hot drink - no, I don't understand it
> either. After a twenty years absence they might be classifying you as
> new donor.
>
> I had a long gap between donations brought about by visiting places
> after which they variously wouldn't let me donate again for six months
> or a year, by which time I'd have visited another place and got
> another six month or year suspension. If I had continued donating
> without the gaps I'd still be able to do so but after that absence
> record I'd be treated as a new donor and I'm now too old to be a new
> donor so that's it.
>
> Nick

They never wanted my blud. Protein C deficient, and now cut with rat poison.

Tone

Re: Tealess blood donation

<5c4qrgld28r7kuv7s600iukl93jg291j6j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6359&group=uk.rec.sheds#6359

From: hub...@ccanoemail.ca
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 17:45:37 -0500
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.ca - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:45 UTC

On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:14:47 +0000, Tone <email@address.com> wrote:

>On 17/12/2021 22:05, Nick Odell wrote:
>> On 17 Dec 2021 21:04:01 GMT, Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
>>> absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
>>> experience.
>>>
>>> No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
>>> DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>>>
>>> I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.
>>>
>> Wot? No tea for nobody?
>>
>> I know that first-time donors are only given a cold drink afterwards
>> because they say that there's a higher possibility of a new donor
>> fainting etc after having a hot drink - no, I don't understand it
>> either. After a twenty years absence they might be classifying you as
>> new donor.
>>
>> I had a long gap between donations brought about by visiting places
>> after which they variously wouldn't let me donate again for six months
>> or a year, by which time I'd have visited another place and got
>> another six month or year suspension. If I had continued donating
>> without the gaps I'd still be able to do so but after that absence
>> record I'd be treated as a new donor and I'm now too old to be a new
>> donor so that's it.
>>
>> Nick
>

>They never wanted my blud. Protein C deficient, and now cut with rat poison.
>
>Tone

Once, many years ago, I almost fainted after giving blood.
I was sitting having my little juice and a volunteer walked by
and looked at me and asked if I was OK - I was about to say "Yes"
until I realized that I wasn't ! She was there with a rolling cot in
about 3 seconds - just as my circle-of-vision was
narrowing to a pin-point ... just like an old movie fade-out.
John T.

Re: Tealess blood donation

<846178420.661473892.079740.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6360&group=uk.rec.sheds#6360

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 17 Dec 2021 22:49:41 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:49 UTC

Nick Odell <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
> On 17 Dec 2021 21:04:01 GMT, Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
>> absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
>> experience.
>>
>> No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
>> DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>>
>> I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.
>>
> Wot? No tea for nobody?

Nope.

I miss the little blue “books” with a sticker for every donation. That way
you could easily see your donation total. No mention was made of my
previous donations today. It seems that my “new” ID card given to me only,
um 20 odd years ago is already out of date too.

I know it’s a small thing but they used to make you feel valued and seemed
grateful for your donation. Didn’t get that feeling today.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: Tealess blood donation

<1083994506.661474274.256171.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6361&group=uk.rec.sheds#6361

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 17 Dec 2021 22:52:46 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:52 UTC

Tone <email@address.com> wrote:
> On 17/12/2021 22:05, Nick Odell wrote:
>> On 17 Dec 2021 21:04:01 GMT, Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
>>> absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
>>> experience.
>>>
>>> No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
>>> DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>>>
>>> I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.
>>>
>> Wot? No tea for nobody?
>>
>> I know that first-time donors are only given a cold drink afterwards
>> because they say that there's a higher possibility of a new donor
>> fainting etc after having a hot drink - no, I don't understand it
>> either. After a twenty years absence they might be classifying you as
>> new donor.
>>
>> I had a long gap between donations brought about by visiting places
>> after which they variously wouldn't let me donate again for six months
>> or a year, by which time I'd have visited another place and got
>> another six month or year suspension. If I had continued donating
>> without the gaps I'd still be able to do so but after that absence
>> record I'd be treated as a new donor and I'm now too old to be a new
>> donor so that's it.
>>
>> Nick
>

> They never wanted my blud. Protein C deficient, and now cut with rat poison.

They’re so damned picky these days! After filling in the endlessly
repetitive questionnaires I really feel like I’ve been under-achieving
sexually.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: Tealess blood donation

<spj4ec$msu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6362&group=uk.rec.sheds#6362

From: chr...@mshome.net (Chris Elvidge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:54:04 +0000
 by: Chris Elvidge - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:54 UTC

On 17/12/2021 21:04, Tim+ wrote:
> Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
> absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
> experience.
>
> No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
> DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>
> I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.
>
> Tim

I don't remember ever getting a local anaesthetic - but last time was
~40 years ago.

--
Chris Elvidge
England

Re: Tealess blood donation

<1457248361.661475050.765305.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6363&group=uk.rec.sheds#6363

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 17 Dec 2021 23:05:26 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 23:05 UTC

Chris Elvidge <chris@mshome.net> wrote:
> On 17/12/2021 21:04, Tim+ wrote:
>> Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
>> absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
>> experience.
>>
>> No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
>> DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>>
>> I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.
>>
>> Tim
>>

> I don't remember ever getting a local anaesthetic - but last time was
> ~40 years ago.

Maybe it’s a regional/local thing. Used to be routine at all my previous
donations.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: Tealess blood donation

<X7B6WYAeUTvhFAHH@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6366&group=uk.rec.sheds#6366

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 01:10:54 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 01:10 UTC

In article <spj4ec$msu$1@dont-email.me>, Chris Elvidge
<chris@mshome.net> on Fri, 17 Dec 2021 at 22:54:04 awoke Nicholas from
his slumbers and wrote
>On 17/12/2021 21:04, Tim+ wrote:
>> Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
>> absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
>> experience.
>>
>> No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
>> DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>>
>> I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.
>>
>> Tim
>>

>I don't remember ever getting a local anaesthetic - but last time was
>~40 years ago.

Ditto and also ~40 years ago. I used to also give platelet donations,
that use to take an hour to hour and a half and still no local
anaesthetic, not that I needed it. On the other hand you had the sole
attention of a nurse for the whole time. She would even scratch my itchy
nose for me, well rub it with a cotton swab. You understand that I had a
canula in each arm, and a bag of my blood over my head. Out one arm and
deplateletted blood in the other.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Tealess blood donation

<spk510$dut$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6369&group=uk.rec.sheds#6369

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 08:10:02 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 08:10 UTC

Probably stuck in a container in France somewhere due to lack of drivers in
the uk.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim+" <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
> absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
> experience.
>
> No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
> DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>
> I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.
>
> Tim
>

> --
> Please don't feed the trolls

Re: Tealess blood donation

<spk560$ehv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6370&group=uk.rec.sheds#6370

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 08:12:42 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 08:12 UTC

I'm surprised that they don't discard it if you have eaten nuts in the last
few hours.

"Tone" <email@address.com> wrote in message
> On 17/12/2021 22:05, Nick Odell wrote:
>> On 17 Dec 2021 21:04:01 GMT, Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
>>> absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
>>> experience.
>>>
>>> No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO
>>> HOT
>>> DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>>>
>>> I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.
>>>
>> Wot? No tea for nobody?
>>
>> I know that first-time donors are only given a cold drink afterwards
>> because they say that there's a higher possibility of a new donor
>> fainting etc after having a hot drink - no, I don't understand it
>> either. After a twenty years absence they might be classifying you as
>> new donor.
>>
>> I had a long gap between donations brought about by visiting places
>> after which they variously wouldn't let me donate again for six months
>> or a year, by which time I'd have visited another place and got
>> another six month or year suspension. If I had continued donating
>> without the gaps I'd still be able to do so but after that absence
>> record I'd be treated as a new donor and I'm now too old to be a new
>> donor so that's it.
>>
>> Nick
>

> They never wanted my blud. Protein C deficient, and now cut with rat
> poison.
>
> Tone

Re: Tealess blood donation

<spkbl8$e0v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6374&group=uk.rec.sheds#6374

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 10:03:20 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 10:03 UTC

On 17/12/2021 22:54, Chris Elvidge wrote:
> On 17/12/2021 21:04, Tim+ wrote:
>> Anyone given blood lately?  I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
>> absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
>> experience.
>>
>> No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
>> DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>>
>> I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.
>>
>> Tim
>>

> I don't remember ever getting a local anaesthetic - but last time was
> ~40 years ago.

Me neither. My last donation was sub-standard in some way, and that was
at least 20 years ago.

But we always got tea and a biccie.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Tealess blood donation

<BzqvJ.728615$yAUb.670460@fx13.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6377&group=uk.rec.sheds#6377

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 19:24:16 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 19:24 UTC

On 17-Dec-21 22:52, Tim+ wrote:
Of blood doning:
> They’re so damned picky these days! After filling in the endlessly
> repetitive questionnaires I really feel like I’ve been under-achieving
> sexually.

Not just me then?

Being over 70, they haven't called me for a donation since covid started.
As they don't want you back if:
a) You are over 70 and
b) You haven't donated in the last two (??) years
I wonder if I am now on the scrapheap?

P.S. Yesterday I received a parcel which was a bottle (or two) of booze.

The delivery bod asked for my name and year of birth (to check I wasn't
a 15 year-old in disguise I suppose).
When I told him my year of birth his eyebrows shot up into his hairline.
He didn't realise time went back that far.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Tealess blood donation

<XDqvJ.142985$Nq65.91904@fx03.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6378&group=uk.rec.sheds#6378

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 19:28:54 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 19:28 UTC

On 17-Dec-21 22:49, Tim+ wrote:
> Nick Odell <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
>> On 17 Dec 2021 21:04:01 GMT, Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
>>> absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
>>> experience.
>>>
>>> No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
>>> DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>>>
>>> I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.
>>>
>> Wot? No tea for nobody?
>
> Nope.
>
> I miss the little blue “books” with a sticker for every donation. That way
> you could easily see your donation total. No mention was made of my
> previous donations today. It seems that my “new” ID card given to me only,
> um 20 odd years ago is already out of date too.
>
> I know it’s a small thing but they used to make you feel valued and seemed
> grateful for your donation. Didn’t get that feeling today.

A while back, I had a yellow credit card-sized Blood donor card.
I then got a replacement in the post, since they said there was
'something wrong' with the original - and to please discard the old one
& use this one in future.

I put the new one with the old one, & went looking for some cutters to
deal with the redundant card and...

Both cards look identical, and I hadn't a clue which was which.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Tealess blood donation

<BHqvJ.1277057$LNrd.987146@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6379&group=uk.rec.sheds#6379

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 19:32:48 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 19:32 UTC

On 17-Dec-21 23:05, Tim+ wrote:
> Chris Elvidge <chris@mshome.net> wrote:
>> On 17/12/2021 21:04, Tim+ wrote:
>>> Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
>>> absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
>>> experience.
>>>
>>> No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
>>> DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>>>
>>> I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.
>>>
>>> Tim
>>>

>> I don't remember ever getting a local anaesthetic - but last time was
>> ~40 years ago.
>>

> Maybe it’s a regional/local thing. Used to be routine at all my previous
> donations.
Could be regional.
I gave regular-like[1] until covid, & I can't ever recall a local
anaesthetic.

[1] For almost 50 years, now I think back.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Tealess blood donation

<b45bad8f-fb57-4de2-ab3b-d363a6c826dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6380&group=uk.rec.sheds#6380

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 12:12:03 -0800 (PST)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 20:12 UTC

On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 1:32:51 PM UTC-6, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 17-Dec-21 23:05, Tim+ wrote:
> > Chris Elvidge <ch...@mshome.net> wrote:

> >> I don't remember ever getting a local anaesthetic - but last time was
> >> ~40 years ago.
> >>

> > Maybe it’s a regional/local thing. Used to be routine at all my previous
> > donations.
> Could be regional.
> I gave regular-like[1] until covid, & I can't ever recall a local
> anaesthetic.
>
> [1] For almost 50 years, now I think back.
>

> --
> Sam Plusnet

Here in Merca they never use a local anesthetic although with those needles they should . Also the snacks you get are either before or after donation, a large variety of cookies and soft drinks self-served.

Re: Tealess blood donation

<21eca33b-625c-493c-97a9-146c313bac27n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6397&group=uk.rec.sheds#6397

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 07:38:12 -0800 (PST)
From: jgh...@mdfs.net (Jonathan Harston)
 by: Jonathan Harston - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 15:38 UTC

On Friday, 17 December 2021 at 22:43:51 UTC, hub wrote:
> Once, many years ago, I almost fainted after giving blood.
> I was sitting having my little juice and a volunteer walked by
> and looked at me and asked if I was OK - I was about to say "Yes"
> until I realized that I wasn't ! She was there with a rolling cot in
> about 3 seconds - just as my circle-of-vision was
> narrowing to a pin-point ... just like an old movie fade-out.

If my blood flow is constricted I'll pass out. "Constricted" as in having
a blood pressure cuff tightened on my arm. Even though this is in my
medical notes I still have to mention it to medics when they prod me,
especially those that insist they want my blood pressure while
standing. And yes, it's like an old B&W TV turning off.

jgh

Re: Tealess blood donation

<f42e8990-ecf1-4ae4-a6bf-1138d02ba37en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6411&group=uk.rec.sheds#6411

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 04:51:59 -0800 (PST)
From: brownieb...@googlemail.com (Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez))
 by: Brownz (via Gurgle G - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 12:51 UTC

On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 9:04:04 PM UTC, tim.d...@gmail.com wrote:
> Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
> absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
> experience.
>
> No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
> DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>
> I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.
>
> Tim
>

> --
> Please don't feed the trolls

Probably due to the fact there's a bit of a nasty flu going around.
Someone handling food and making brews, keeping people hanging around indoors, etc and gubbins.

Re: Tealess blood donation

<1884126752.661800875.575937.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6416&group=uk.rec.sheds#6416

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 21 Dec 2021 17:36:09 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 17:36 UTC

Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez) <browniebrownz@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 9:04:04 PM UTC, tim.d...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Anyone given blood lately? I returned to give a pint after a 20 year
>> absence from the donation centres and was not too impressed by the
>> experience.
>>
>> No acknowledgement of previous donations, no local anaesthetic and NO HOT
>> DRINK AFTERWARDS.
>>
>> I mean, I only went for the free tea and biccies.
>>
>> Tim
>>

>> --
>> Please don't feed the trolls
>
> Probably due to the fact there's a bit of a nasty flu going around.
> Someone handling food and making brews, keeping people hanging around
> indoors, etc and gubbins.

Indeed. Far too much gubbins around these days. Apparently local
anaesthetic phased out 10 years ago. Sheesh, you miss a couple of
donations sessions and they change everything!

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls