My father was a saint, I'm not. -- Indira Gandhi

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: Republic assistant minister

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Republic assistant ministerRod Speed
`* Re: Republic assistant ministerMax
 +* Re: Republic assistant ministerRod Speed
 |`* Re: Republic assistant ministerMax
 | +- Re: Republic assistant ministerRod Speed
 | `- Re: Republic assistant ministerFran
 `- Re: Republic assistant ministerFran

1
Re: Republic assistant minister

<op.1nfzojtvbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6292&group=aus.legal#6292

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
Subject: Re: Republic assistant minister
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 21:32:33 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 11:32 UTC

On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 20:35:14 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

> On 8/06/2022 7:45 pm, Rod Speed wrote:

>>> England does have a constitution.
>> Bullshit it does.
>>

> It has no codified constitution in one document.

It has no constitution.

> But it does have a constitution in a range of laws, court decisions and
> conventions.

That isn't a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.

>>> It just isn't codified. It is contained in case law.

>> Thats common law, not a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.

> Common law just means that law is contained in court decisions which
> form precedents.

But isnt a CONSTITUTION, you pig ignorant clown.

> The English consitution is contained in court decisions, plus
> legislation and unwritten conventions.

None of that is a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.

>>> and they have an upper house the is undemocratic.

Re: Republic assistant minister

<t7q49c$1aq7$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6296&group=aus.legal#6296

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 22:22:06 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 12:22 UTC

On 8/06/2022 9:32 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 20:35:14 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

>>>  Bullshit it does.
>>>

>> It has no codified constitution in one document.
>
> It has no constitution.
>
>> But it does have a constitution in a range of laws, court decisions
>> and conventions.
>
> That isn't a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.

>>>  Thats common law, not a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.
>
>> Common law just means that law is contained in court decisions which
>> form precedents.
>
> But isnt a CONSTITUTION, you pig ignorant clown.
>
>> The English consitution is contained in court decisions, plus
>> legislation and unwritten conventions.
>
> None of that is a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.

They don't need a single document constitution, but the courts recognise
that there is a constitution.

A un-codified consitution has its advantages. It means it can be
modified without a referendum.

Re: Republic assistant minister

<op.1ngmf1wzbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6298&group=aus.legal#6298

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 05:44:15 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 19:44 UTC

On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 22:22:06 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

> On 8/06/2022 9:32 pm, Rod Speed wrote:

>>> It has no codified constitution in one document.

>> It has no constitution.

>>> But it does have a constitution in a range of laws, court decisions
>>> and conventions.

>> That isn't a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.

>>> Common law just means that law is contained in court decisions which
>>> form precedents.

>> But isnt a CONSTITUTION, you pig ignorant clown.

>>> The English consitution is contained in court decisions, plus
>>> legislation and unwritten conventions.

>> None of that is a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.

> They don't need a single document constitution,

They don't even have a multiple document constitution.

> but the courts recognise that there is a constitution.

court decisions, plus legislation and unwritten conventions
arent a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.

> A un-codified consitution has its advantages.

Yes, but the UK doesn't have one.

> It means it can be modified without a referendum.

If it can be modified by any govt that feels
like doing that, it isnt a constitution.

And plenty of constitutions don't require a referendum to be modified.

Re: Republic assistant minister

<t7sa85$r8c$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6310&group=aus.legal#6310

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 18:16:05 +1000
 by: Max - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 08:16 UTC

On 9/06/2022 5:44 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 22:22:06 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

>>>  It has no constitution.

>>>  That isn't a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.

>>>  But isnt a CONSTITUTION, you pig ignorant clown.

>>>  None of that is a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.
>
>> They don't need a single document constitution,
>
> They don't even have a multiple document constitution.
>
>> but the courts recognise  that there is a constitution.
>
> court decisions, plus legislation and unwritten conventions
> arent a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.
>
>> A un-codified consitution has its advantages.
>
> Yes, but the UK doesn't have one.
>
>> It means it can be  modified without a referendum.
>
> If it can be modified by any govt that feels
> like doing that, it isnt a constitution.
>
> And plenty of constitutions don't require a referendum to be modified.

Legislation or referendums are the only way constitutions can be modified.

Either way, there is a constitution, and the UK has one.

Re: Republic assistant minister

<op.1nhnq70ebyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6312&group=aus.legal#6312

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 19:10:09 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 09:10 UTC

On Thu, 09 Jun 2022 18:16:05 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

> On 9/06/2022 5:44 am, Rod Speed wrote:

>>> They don't need a single document constitution,
>> They don't even have a multiple document constitution.
>>
>>> but the courts recognise that there is a constitution.
>> court decisions, plus legislation and unwritten conventions
>> arent a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.
>>
>>> A un-codified consitution has its advantages.
>> Yes, but the UK doesn't have one.
>>
>>> It means it can be modified without a referendum.
>> If it can be modified by any govt that feels
>> like doing that, it isnt a constitution.

>> And plenty of constitutions don't require a referendum to be modified.

> Legislation or referendums are the only way constitutions can be
> modified.

Wrong, as always.

> Either way, there is a constitution,

Wrong, as always.

> and the UK has one.

Wrong, as always.

Re: Republic assistant minister

<t86llh$aq3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6359&group=aus.legal#6359

From: gettingm...@nutcasewannabeFran.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 16:32:15 +1000
 by: Fran - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 06:32 UTC

On 8/06/2022 10:22 pm, Max wrote:
> On 8/06/2022 9:32 pm, Rod Speed wrote:

>>> It has no codified constitution in one document.
>>
>> It has no constitution.
>>
>>> But it does have a constitution in a range of laws, court decisions
>>> and conventions.
>>
>> That isn't a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.

>>> Common law just means that law is contained in court decisions which
>>> form precedents.
>>
>> But isnt a CONSTITUTION, you pig ignorant clown.
>>
>>> The English consitution is contained in court decisions, plus
>>> legislation and unwritten conventions.
>>
>> None of that is a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.
>>

> They don't need a single document constitution, but the courts recognise
> that there is a constitution.

Whether it's needed or not is not under discussion. What is beign
discussed is IF the UK has a Constituion. It doesn't.

It has lots of cute and curious things of cute things like 'unwritten
conventions and then a whole pile of other crud like
Acts and case law etc. It does not have a Constitution.

> A un-codified consitution has its advantages.  It means it can be
> modified without a referendum.

??????? That response is VERY Australia one.

Brits doing referenda is almost as common as phoenixs rising.

Re: Republic assistant minister

<t86loa$aq3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6360&group=aus.legal#6360

From: gettingm...@nutcasewannabeFran.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 16:33:46 +1000
 by: Fran - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 06:33 UTC

On 9/06/2022 6:16 pm, Max wrote:
> On 9/06/2022 5:44 am, Rod Speed wrote:

>>> They don't need a single document constitution,
>>
>> They don't even have a multiple document constitution.
>>
>>> but the courts recognise  that there is a constitution.
>>
>> court decisions, plus legislation and unwritten conventions
>> arent a constitution, you pig ignorant clown.
>>
>>> A un-codified consitution has its advantages.
>>
>> Yes, but the UK doesn't have one.
>>
>>> It means it can be  modified without a referendum.
>>
>> If it can be modified by any govt that feels
>> like doing that, it isnt a constitution.
>>
>> And plenty of constitutions don't require a referendum to be modified.
>>

> Legislation or referendums are the only way constitutions can be modified.
>
> Either way, there is a constitution, and the UK has one.

You're either trolling or can't do basic homework before posting.
Either way, you're becoming boring.