Power is danger. -- The Centurion, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: Better for you than Usenet?

SubjectAuthor
* Better for you than Usenet?David Brooks
`* Re: Better for you than Usenet?John Hill
 `* Re: Better for you than Usenet?David Brooks
  `* Re: Better for you than Usenet?David Brooks
   `- Re: Better for you than Usenet?David Brooks

1
Better for you than Usenet?

<OX9PJ.24891$wLv5.7280@fx13.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6337&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#6337

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: BDB...@invalid.invalid (David Brooks)
Subject: Better for you than Usenet?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 16:50:53 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 16:50 UTC

Here's where to go:-

https://discussions.apple.com/learn

Learn, share, and get recognized in Apple Support Communities

//You’re in the right place to learn about Apple products and find more
ways to enjoy them. As you learn more, you can share your knowledge with
the community. It’s fun to be part of the world’s largest community of
Apple fans. To make sure this is a space where all members feel
comfortable to ask and answer questions, follow the Apple Support
Communities guidelines.//

Community etiquette guidelines:-

Learn what you can do to make sure Apple Support Communities is a
helpful and welcoming place for everyone.

Apple Support Communities is a place to help each other get the most out
of their Apple products and services. To make this a community where all
members feel comfortable to ask and answer questions, follow these
guidelines.

1. Help us show respect to all. Most answers are provided by other
Communities users just like you — not by Apple. Please consider this
when you post.

2. Help us inspire everyone to collaborate politely.
We recommend that you stay on-topic.
Bring forward new, helpful information when you reply.
Please refrain from name calling, insulting or baiting other members, or
making negative comments.
We suggest that you avoid using all capital letters, bold fonts, or
emphasized words, which may convey a negative tone.

3. Let’s welcome everyone.
Reply with useful and positive comments.
Everyone deserves respect and dignity in any situation. You can step out
of conversations if the dialogue isn’t constructive.
Please show kindness. All members should feel comfortable asking and
responding to questions—regardless of level, skill, knowledge, or
expertise. Please don’t belittle other members.
When you communicate with other members, keep it friendly. Please don’t
pick a fight.

4. Help other members help you.
Do your best to post in the appropriate community.
When you post, make sure that your question is clear. Include details
about your product, your software version, and the issue that you want
help with.

Select a descriptive and concise title for your post.
Thank members who point you in the right direction. Mark replies as
helpful and mark your question as solved.
Learn more about how to find answers and ask new questions.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT209030

Re: Better for you than Usenet?

<sul4d8$n4e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6364&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#6364

From: watcombe...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hill)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Better for you than Usenet?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 09:27:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Hill - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 09:27 UTC

On 16 Feb 2022 at 16:50:53 GMT, "David Brooks" <BDB@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Here's where to go:-
>
> https://discussions.apple.com/learn
>
> Learn, share, and get recognized in Apple Support Communities

That's gross overkill for me.

John.

--
You're not an old dog until you can't learn new tricks

Re: Better for you than Usenet?

<BMoPJ.58621$fIV5.1524@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6365&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#6365

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: BDB...@invalid.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 09:42:57 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 09:42 UTC

On 17/02/2022 09:27, John Hill wrote:
> On 16 Feb 2022 at 16:50:53 GMT, "David Brooks" <BDB@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Here's where to go:-
>>
>> https://discussions.apple.com/learn
>>
>> Learn, share, and get recognized in Apple Support Communities
>
> That's gross overkill for me.
>
> John.

With all your years of experience, John, you could be helping others.

Very satisfying.

Re: Better for you than Usenet?

<W%xPJ.60416$fIV5.38530@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6378&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#6378

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: BDB...@invalid.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 20:13:41 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 20:13 UTC

On 17/02/2022 20:06, Kelly Phillips wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 19:45:00 +0000, David Brooks <BDB@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 17/02/2022 18:38, Kelly Phillips wrote:

>>> How do you know?
>>
>> It's what I do.
>
> LOL I'm starting to pick up on what you call British humour. Say the
> opposite, but do it with a straight face. Got.

Not at all.

Here's a question I asked on the ASC under my Apple ASC user name, HunterBD

Can YOU answer it? https://ibb.co/Y294Pf8

If not, anybody else like to try?

Re: Better for you than Usenet?

<_jyPJ.195465$_5r7.154777@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6379&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#6379

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: BDB...@invalid.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 20:35:05 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 20:35 UTC

On 17/02/2022 20:13, David Brooks wrote:
> On 17/02/2022 20:06, Kelly Phillips wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 19:45:00 +0000, David Brooks <BDB@invalid.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> It's what I do.
>>
>> LOL I'm starting to pick up on what you call British humour. Say the
>> opposite, but do it with a straight face. Got.
>
> Not at all.
>
> Here's a question I asked on the ASC under my Apple ASC user name, HunterBD
>
> Can YOU answer it?  https://ibb.co/Y294Pf8
>
> If not, anybody else like to try?

Here's another item which may possibly be of interest:-

https://macmost.com/forum/do-you-recommend-etrecheck.html

Anyone have any thoughts on this product?