Subject: Re: Whats it worth?
Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 19:21:14 +1100
 by: lindsay - Mon, 11 Oct 2021 08:21 UTC

On 12/01/2021 8:19 pm, Lindsay wrote:

> Apparently the used car market, in Melburg at least, has gone silly with
> used cars rising in value, as new cars are hard to get atm..
>
> I believe my 2012 Navara RX is worth a few bob. I was offered $12.8k as
> a trade in on my new 2021 XLT Ranger cab chassis, which is due here in
> March sometime. (hurry the fuck up!)
>
> If a yard was to offer say $13k, whats the opinion as to what they'd
> sell it for? $16K? $17k?

(from Jan this year... to now...)

Had it detailed, polished, a few chips in the paint repaired, done it's
100k service. Advertised it about 3 months ago for $24k, and got a few
interested, but because of covid lockdowns, they were unable to come to
melb and view it. Then for some reason or other, i've had seven people
interested in the last 2 weeks, and lo-and-behold, first that saw it
bought it. For $22,000. Had SMS offers last week of $15k cash no rwc;
$19k with rwc; the old scam, "i'm in a mining camp blah blah...twice.)

If you dont talk shit, you'll do well. That's now 4 chariots i've sold
that the first person who saw it bought it.

Less stress, and cheap motoring.. I paid $44k for it 9 years ago. :-D
Sold for 1/2 price :-D

BTW, still loving the Ranger.... :-)

> As a bit of background:
>
> 2012 Navara RX D40, 4 door, 4wd, auto, cab chassis... 102,000 klms on
> the clock, one owner, service history and books. Extra's include:
> ARB steel bullbar, ARB driving lights, and 10K Warn winch (unused)
> Rock sliders/steps, Triple M heavy duty ally tray, (best in the
> business) with HD sides, deck and ladder racks, and over-cabin single
> Rhino roof rack (for long loads). Pioneer touch screen stereo with 7"
> screen, USB, Apple Carplay and Android Auto. 3.5t factory tow bar, 80ch
> uhf radio, alloy wheels with good Bridgestone tyres (75%).  NO oil
> leaks, NO timing chain rattles, No issues. Sold with current roadworthy
> and x amount of rego.
>
> This is not a 4 sale ad. (unless you're interested :-D ) It's an *ask*
> as to what sensible punters* think it's worth. I did see one for sale
> with 180k on the clock for nearly $17k, and it didnt have half the same
> gear...
>
> Cheers...

Re: Whats it worth?

<sk0vcm$3lh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6437&group=aus.cars#6437

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 20:16:05 +1100
 by: Noddy - Mon, 11 Oct 2021 09:16 UTC

On 11/10/2021 7:21 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 12/01/2021 8:19 pm, Lindsay wrote:
>>

>> Apparently the used car market, in Melburg at least, has gone silly
>> with used cars rising in value, as new cars are hard to get atm..
>>
>> I believe my 2012 Navara RX is worth a few bob. I was offered $12.8k
>> as a trade in on my new 2021 XLT Ranger cab chassis, which is due here
>> in March sometime. (hurry the fuck up!)
>>
>> If a yard was to offer say $13k, whats the opinion as to what they'd
>> sell it for? $16K? $17k?
>

> (from Jan this year... to now...)
>
> Had it detailed, polished, a few chips in the paint repaired, done it's
> 100k service. Advertised it about 3 months ago for $24k, and got a few
> interested, but because of covid lockdowns, they were unable to come to
> melb and view it. Then for some reason or other, i've had seven people
> interested in the last 2 weeks, and lo-and-behold, first that saw it
> bought it. For $22,000. Had SMS offers last week of $15k cash no rwc;
> $19k with rwc; the old scam, "i'm in a mining camp blah blah...twice.)
>
> If you dont talk shit, you'll do well. That's now 4 chariots i've sold
> that the first person who saw it bought it.
>
> Less stress, and cheap motoring.. I paid $44k for it 9 years ago. :-D
> Sold for 1/2 price :-D

Nice work. It's a good time to be selling anything at the moment, as
Covid is sending people around the bend :)

> BTW, still loving the Ranger.... :-)

Excellent.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Whats it worth?

<isimrqFphhsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6449&group=aus.cars#6449

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 22:52:26 +1100
 by: Daryl - Mon, 11 Oct 2021 11:52 UTC

On 11/10/21 7:21 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 12/01/2021 8:19 pm, Lindsay wrote:
>>

>> Apparently the used car market, in Melburg at least, has gone silly
>> with used cars rising in value, as new cars are hard to get atm..
>>
>> I believe my 2012 Navara RX is worth a few bob. I was offered $12.8k
>> as a trade in on my new 2021 XLT Ranger cab chassis, which is due here
>> in March sometime. (hurry the fuck up!)
>>
>> If a yard was to offer say $13k, whats the opinion as to what they'd
>> sell it for? $16K? $17k?
>

> (from Jan this year... to now...)
>
> Had it detailed, polished, a few chips in the paint repaired, done it's
> 100k service. Advertised it about 3 months ago for $24k, and got a few
> interested, but because of covid lockdowns, they were unable to come to
> melb and view it. Then for some reason or other, i've had seven people
> interested in the last 2 weeks, and lo-and-behold, first that saw it
> bought it. For $22,000. Had SMS offers last week of $15k cash no rwc;
> $19k with rwc; the old scam, "i'm in a mining camp blah blah...twice.)
>
> If you dont talk shit, you'll do well. That's now 4 chariots i've sold
> that the first person who saw it bought it.
>
> Less stress, and cheap motoring.. I paid $44k for it 9 years ago. :-D
> Sold for 1/2 price :-D

Good job although its not surprising with the way the used car market is
at the moment.

> BTW, still loving the Ranger.... :-)

Excellent:-)

--