"The chain which can be yanked is not the eternal chain." -- G. Fitch

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

SubjectAuthor
* Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)
+* Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Nick Odell
|+* Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)
||`- Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
|`* Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Peter
| `- Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)
+* Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Tone
|+* Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)
||`* Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Nicholas D. Richards
|| `- Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)
|+* Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Nicholas D. Richards
||+* Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Peter
|||+- Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)
|||+* Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Sam Plusnet
|||`* Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Nicholas D. Richards
||| `- Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Don Stockbauer
||`- Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Nick Odell
|`- Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Thomas Prufer
`- Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....Sam Plusnet

1
Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<0658ea2e-c9f0-4e1d-ba6a-f3665fbe7287n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6396&group=uk.rec.sheds#6396

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 05:33:29 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....
From: brownieb...@googlemail.com (Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez))
 by: Brownz (via Gurgle G - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 13:33 UTC

Back in the summer I molished a garden storage device from scratch, I think it looks rather spiffing and am most pleased by the way it turned out. I suppose for the purists it's more of a BBQ shack, but seeing as I've not done owt like it before I be mostly happy. Every step was checked and signed off by one of the two supervising cats. It features léc trickery, wiffy, wasser, fold out workbench, lots of storage and more hooks than a tackle shop. Start to finish can be found in a dropbox foldery thing below.

Eye Thang Ewe.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99ziic8wzg313po/AAA1V3THR0IgBVu4Ji1lNbkra?dl=0

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<k5a1sg58bfnvhef8n7h79inbgot47d252u@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6398&group=uk.rec.sheds#6398

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 16:04:18 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 16:04 UTC

On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 05:33:29 -0800 (PST), "Brownz (via Gurgle
Gruppez)" <browniebrownz@googlemail.com> wrote:

>Back in the summer I molished a garden storage device from scratch, I think it looks rather spiffing and am most pleased by the way it turned out. I suppose for the purists it's more of a BBQ shack, but seeing as I've not done owt like it before I be mostly happy. Every step was checked and signed off by one of the two supervising cats. It features léc trickery, wiffy, wasser, fold out workbench, lots of storage and more hooks than a tackle shop. Start to finish can be found in a dropbox foldery thing below.
>
>Eye Thang Ewe.
>
>https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99ziic8wzg313po/AAA1V3THR0IgBVu4Ji1lNbkra?dl=0

<impressed>

(Looks to right of new shed) Are you sure you've not done anything
like that before? Or were those other structures knocked up some time
back without your assistance by the cats?

Nick

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<spqami$tr1$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6399&group=uk.rec.sheds#6399

From: ema...@address.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 16:23:46 +0000
 by: Tone - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 16:23 UTC

On 20/12/2021 13:33, Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez) wrote:
> Back in the summer I molished a garden storage device from scratch, I think it looks rather spiffing and am most pleased by the way it turned out. I suppose for the purists it's more of a BBQ shack, but seeing as I've not done owt like it before I be mostly happy. Every step was checked and signed off by one of the two supervising cats. It features léc trickery, wiffy, wasser, fold out workbench, lots of storage and more hooks than a tackle shop. Start to finish can be found in a dropbox foldery thing below.
>
> Eye Thang Ewe.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99ziic8wzg313po/AAA1V3THR0IgBVu4Ji1lNbkra?dl=0

Are you sure you are in the right group? We rarely actually do anything
in here.

My only comment is, it's fart 2 tidy. Where are the empty cement sacks?

When is ye shedd-warming party? And wot's in the bockle on the shelf? Do
you need help drinking it?

Tone

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<d9108031-e487-4705-8cfc-379d32ef07d1n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6400&group=uk.rec.sheds#6400

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 08:29:25 -0800 (PST)
From: brownieb...@googlemail.com (Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez))
 by: Brownz (via Gurgle G - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 16:29 UTC

On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 4:04:20 PM UTC, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 05:33:29 -0800 (PST), "Brownz (via Gurgle
> Gruppez)" <browni...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> >Back in the summer I molished a garden storage device from scratch, I think it looks rather spiffing and am most pleased by the way it turned out. I suppose for the purists it's more of a BBQ shack, but seeing as I've not done owt like it before I be mostly happy. Every step was checked and signed off by one of the two supervising cats. It features léc trickery, wiffy, wasser, fold out workbench, lots of storage and more hooks than a tackle shop. Start to finish can be found in a dropbox foldery thing below.
> >
> >Eye Thang Ewe.
> >
> >https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99ziic8wzg313po/AAA1V3THR0IgBVu4Ji1lNbkra?dl=0
> <impressed>
>
> (Looks to right of new shed) Are you sure you've not done anything
> like that before? Or were those other structures knocked up some time
> back without your assistance by the cats?
>
> Nick

The garden came pre-shedded for us many moons ago, there's probably more creosote on the other two sheds than you can shake a crusty old stirring stick at.

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<a724893f-e2e0-4932-816c-c2677334d97bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6401&group=uk.rec.sheds#6401

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 08:42:48 -0800 (PST)
From: brownieb...@googlemail.com (Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez))
 by: Brownz (via Gurgle G - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 16:42 UTC

On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 4:23:47 PM UTC, Tone wrote:
> On 20/12/2021 13:33, Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez) wrote:
> > Back in the summer I molished a garden storage device from scratch, I think it looks rather spiffing and am most pleased by the way it turned out. I suppose for the purists it's more of a BBQ shack, but seeing as I've not done owt like it before I be mostly happy. Every step was checked and signed off by one of the two supervising cats. It features léc trickery, wiffy, wasser, fold out workbench, lots of storage and more hooks than a tackle shop. Start to finish can be found in a dropbox foldery thing below.
> >
> > Eye Thang Ewe.
> >
> > https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99ziic8wzg313po/AAA1V3THR0IgBVu4Ji1lNbkra?dl=0
> >
> Are you sure you are in the right group? We rarely actually do anything
> in here.
>
> My only comment is, it's fart 2 tidy. Where are the empty cement sacks?
>
> When is ye shedd-warming party? And wot's in the bockle on the shelf? Do
> you need help drinking it?
>
> Tone

We've done that a few times now, assorted meats have been slow smoked and grilled to perfection.
The bottle is some decent calvados picked up from a farm close to a friends house in Le Frenchland nr St Lo.
Was planning to top that up with a little raiding trip over new year in the Bongo Bus, but it appears they've taken up the drawbridge.

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<XnsAE06B05078282Factura3476@144.76.35.252>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6402&group=uk.rec.sheds#6402

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 17:19:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 17:19 UTC

Nick Odell <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote in

> On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 05:33:29 -0800 (PST), "Brownz (via Gurgle
> Gruppez)" <browniebrownz@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>>Back in the summer I molished a garden storage device from scratch, I
>
> <impressed>

Likewise. I particulately like the way the front door can convert into an
awning. How does the whole thing stand up to gales (not Gail's)?

--
Peter
-----

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<GW5wJ.1087978$xalc.380684@fx12.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6403&group=uk.rec.sheds#6403

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 20:44:23 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 20:44 UTC

On 20-Dec-21 13:33, Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez) wrote:
> Back in the summer I molished a garden storage device from scratch, I think it looks rather spiffing and am most pleased by the way it turned out. I suppose for the purists it's more of a BBQ shack, but seeing as I've not done owt like it before I be mostly happy. Every step was checked and signed off by one of the two supervising cats. It features léc trickery, wiffy, wasser, fold out workbench, lots of storage and more hooks than a tackle shop. Start to finish can be found in a dropbox foldery thing below.
>
> Eye Thang Ewe.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99ziic8wzg313po/AAA1V3THR0IgBVu4Ji1lNbkra?dl=0

An impressive erection you've got there. Do the neighbours eye it with
envy?

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<NImMqZA9OQwhFAOO@salmiron.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6404&group=uk.rec.sheds#6404

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 22:29:17 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 22:29 UTC

In article <spqami$tr1$1@dont-email.me>, Tone <email@address.com> on
Mon, 20 Dec 2021 at 16:23:46 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>On 20/12/2021 13:33, Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez) wrote:
>> Back in the summer I molished a garden storage device from scratch, I think it
>looks rather spiffing and am most pleased by the way it turned out. I suppose
>for the purists it's more of a BBQ shack, but seeing as I've not done owt like
>it before I be mostly happy. Every step was checked and signed off by one of the
>two supervising cats. It features léc trickery, wiffy, wasser, fold out
>workbench, lots of storage and more hooks than a tackle shop. Start to finish
>can be found in a dropbox foldery thing below.
>>
>> Eye Thang Ewe.
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99ziic8wzg313po/AAA1V3THR0IgBVu4Ji1lNbkra?dl=0
>>

>Are you sure you are in the right group? We rarely actually do anything
>in here.
>
>My only comment is, it's fart 2 tidy. Where are the empty cement sacks?
>
>When is ye shedd-warming party? And wot's in the bockle on the shelf? Do
>you need help drinking it?
>
>Tone
It looks like he has the same problem I have a non-virtual shed, SWMBO
fills the space available so that I cannot get at that bottle of nails
that I know is somewhere up against the back wall. That, or she has put
the bottle at the bottom of a bag of useless rubbish that she will not
throw out.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<dYvI+nAYRQwhFAtc@salmiron.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6405&group=uk.rec.sheds#6405

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 22:31:52 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 22:31 UTC

In article <a724893f-e2e0-4932-816c-c2677334d97bn@googlegroups.com>,
Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez) <browniebrownz@googlemail.com> on Mon, 20
Dec 2021 at 08:42:48 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 4:23:47 PM UTC, Tone wrote:
>> On 20/12/2021 13:33, Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez) wrote:
>>
>> My only comment is, it's fart 2 tidy. Where are the empty cement sacks?
>>
>> When is ye shedd-warming party? And wot's in the bockle on the shelf? Do
>> you need help drinking it?
>>
>> Tone
>
>We've done that a few times now, assorted meats have been slow smoked and
>grilled to perfection.
>The bottle is some decent calvados picked up from a farm close to a friends
>house in Le Frenchland nr St Lo.
>Was planning to top that up with a little raiding trip over new year in the
>Bongo Bus, but it appears they've taken up the drawbridge.

They knew you were coming, maybe?
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<sps620$q81$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6406&group=uk.rec.sheds#6406

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 09:16:46 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 09:16 UTC

Yes my old shed was held up not by its cedarwood, but by the various coats
of nice looking gunge one paints on the stuff to stop it drying out and
cracking.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)" <browniebrownz@googlemail.com> wrote in
message news:d9108031-e487-4705-8cfc-379d32ef07d1n@googlegroups.com...
On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 4:04:20 PM UTC, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 05:33:29 -0800 (PST), "Brownz (via Gurgle
> Gruppez)" <browni...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> >Back in the summer I molished a garden storage device from scratch, I
> >think it looks rather spiffing and am most pleased by the way it turned
> >out. I suppose for the purists it's more of a BBQ shack, but seeing as
> >I've not done owt like it before I be mostly happy. Every step was
> >checked and signed off by one of the two supervising cats. It features
> >l�c trickery, wiffy, wasser, fold out workbench, lots of storage and more
> >hooks than a tackle shop. Start to finish can be found in a dropbox
> >foldery thing below.
> >
> >Eye Thang Ewe.
> >
> >https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99ziic8wzg313po/AAA1V3THR0IgBVu4Ji1lNbkra?dl=0
> <impressed>
>
> (Looks to right of new shed) Are you sure you've not done anything
> like that before? Or were those other structures knocked up some time
> back without your assistance by the cats?
>
> Nick

The garden came pre-shedded for us many moons ago, there's probably more
creosote on the other two sheds than you can shake a crusty old stirring
stick at.

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<XnsAE0766EB2BAD9Factura3476@144.76.35.252>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6407&group=uk.rec.sheds#6407

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 10:07:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 10:07 UTC

"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote in

> It looks like he has the same problem I have a non-virtual shed, SWMBO
> fills the space available so that I cannot get at that bottle of nails
> that I know is somewhere up against the back wall. That, or she has
> put the bottle at the bottom of a bag of useless rubbish that she will
> not throw out.

Hang on, we seem to have the same SWMBO.

--
Peter
-----

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<5a133be8-7d04-4e56-be2c-9d43c1e868b8n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6408&group=uk.rec.sheds#6408

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 04:35:29 -0800 (PST)
From: brownieb...@googlemail.com (Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez))
 by: Brownz (via Gurgle G - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 12:35 UTC

On Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 10:07:06 AM UTC, Peter wrote:
> "Nicholas D. Richards" <nich...@salmiron.com> wrote in
> > It looks like he has the same problem I have a non-virtual shed, SWMBO
> > fills the space available so that I cannot get at that bottle of nails
> > that I know is somewhere up against the back wall. That, or she has
> > put the bottle at the bottom of a bag of useless rubbish that she will
> > not throw out.
> Hang on, we seem to have the same SWMBO.
>
> --
> Peter
> -----

There's a lot of em out there !

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<be0f8788-a1e2-4a44-af35-2750425102c6n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6409&group=uk.rec.sheds#6409

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 04:41:39 -0800 (PST)
From: brownieb...@googlemail.com (Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez))
 by: Brownz (via Gurgle G - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 12:41 UTC

On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 5:19:59 PM UTC, Peter wrote:
> Nick Odell <ni...@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote in
> > On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 05:33:29 -0800 (PST), "Brownz (via Gurgle
> > Gruppez)" <browni...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Back in the summer I molished a garden storage device from scratch, I
> >
> > <impressed>
>
> Likewise. I particulately like the way the front door can convert into an
> awning. How does the whole thing stand up to gales (not Gail's)?
>
> --
> Peter
> -----

That is ackshirley a WW2 russian army poncho. It was used for ages as a cover for a barrel smoker as you can tell by the suntan.
Very very strong bit of canvas, secured with M8 bolts at the rear and closed by tent things that look like hair bands. It's there to keep the sun off on hot days, and provide a little shelter during showers. It's only propped up with Mr Guy Ropes, and tarp poles. It's withstood gusty gusts, but tis only designed to be used whilst cooking.

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<a9fd8ae1-6d31-4f9a-bf17-c8b0a3736d0dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6410&group=uk.rec.sheds#6410

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 04:43:15 -0800 (PST)
From: brownieb...@googlemail.com (Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez))
 by: Brownz (via Gurgle G - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 12:43 UTC

On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 10:33:57 PM UTC, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <a724893f-e2e0-4932...@googlegroups.com>,
> Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez) <browni...@googlemail.com> on Mon, 20
> Dec 2021 at 08:42:48 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
> >On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 4:23:47 PM UTC, Tone wrote:
> >> On 20/12/2021 13:33, Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez) wrote:
> >>
> >> My only comment is, it's fart 2 tidy. Where are the empty cement sacks?
> >>
> >> When is ye shedd-warming party? And wot's in the bockle on the shelf? Do
> >> you need help drinking it?
> >>
> >> Tone
> >
> >We've done that a few times now, assorted meats have been slow smoked and
> >grilled to perfection.
> >The bottle is some decent calvados picked up from a farm close to a friends
> >house in Le Frenchland nr St Lo.
> >Was planning to top that up with a little raiding trip over new year in the
> >Bongo Bus, but it appears they've taken up the drawbridge.
> They knew you were coming, maybe?
> --

I would imagine normally that would be true, but I'm sure it's down to this wee cough that's doing the rounds.

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<rrj3sghhls7o51l88p6io7nft0sn5ikjpd@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6412&group=uk.rec.sheds#6412

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 13:00:15 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 13:00 UTC

On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 22:29:17 +0000, "Nicholas D. Richards"
<nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:

>In article <spqami$tr1$1@dont-email.me>, Tone <email@address.com> on
>Mon, 20 Dec 2021 at 16:23:46 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>On 20/12/2021 13:33, Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez) wrote:
>>> Back in the summer I molished a garden storage device from scratch, I think it
>>looks rather spiffing and am most pleased by the way it turned out. I suppose
>>for the purists it's more of a BBQ shack, but seeing as I've not done owt like
>>it before I be mostly happy. Every step was checked and signed off by one of the
>>two supervising cats. It features léc trickery, wiffy, wasser, fold out
>>workbench, lots of storage and more hooks than a tackle shop. Start to finish
>>can be found in a dropbox foldery thing below.
>>>
>>> Eye Thang Ewe.
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99ziic8wzg313po/AAA1V3THR0IgBVu4Ji1lNbkra?dl=0
>>>

>>Are you sure you are in the right group? We rarely actually do anything
>>in here.
>>
>>My only comment is, it's fart 2 tidy. Where are the empty cement sacks?
>>
>>When is ye shedd-warming party? And wot's in the bockle on the shelf? Do
>>you need help drinking it?
>>
>>Tone
>It looks like he has the same problem I have a non-virtual shed, SWMBO
>fills the space available so that I cannot get at that bottle of nails
>that I know is somewhere up against the back wall. That, or she has put
>the bottle at the bottom of a bag of useless rubbish that she will not
>throw out.

Ahem - ITYM "bag of things for which a use has not yet been discovered
but may cumin handi one day."

Nick

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<2g23sglq0uactj08cuj9r5h5hk6jukr1e9@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6415&group=uk.rec.sheds#6415

From: prufer.p...@mnet-online.de.invalid (Thomas Prufer)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 15:01:09 +0100
 by: Thomas Prufer - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 14:01 UTC

On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 16:23:46 +0000, Tone <email@address.com> wrote:

>Are you sure you are in the right group? We rarely actually do anything
>in here.
>
>My only comment is, it's fart 2 tidy. Where are the empty cement sacks?
>
>When is ye shedd-warming party? And wot's in the bockle on the shelf? Do
>you need help drinking it?

I miss the large flat plastic bin for charcoal.

No, really: got one a while ago, and it's great. No more large lumps-then-fine
bits. Spread out flat, rather than layered inna bag, I can pick up the mix of
coarse and fine I want. Put in a bit of cardboard and keep briquettes and lump
in it, without mixing. And should I forget to take it in an rain or dew gets to
it, it won't turn into a sodden mass of paper around damp carbon...

Oh, and a good one: dedicated grill storage. Excellent.

Thomas Prufer

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<UwpwJ.1153973$eFGb.1020936@fx14.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6417&group=uk.rec.sheds#6417

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 19:02:13 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 19:02 UTC

On 21-Dec-21 10:07, Peter wrote:
> "Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote in
>

>> It looks like he has the same problem I have a non-virtual shed, SWMBO
>> fills the space available so that I cannot get at that bottle of nails
>> that I know is somewhere up against the back wall. That, or she has
>> put the bottle at the bottom of a bag of useless rubbish that she will
>> not throw out.
> Hang on, we seem to have the same SWMBO.

They all sing from the same him-book.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<20211221201557.1ef273c78388d471013b6807@eircom.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6422&group=uk.rec.sheds#6422

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 20:15:57 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 20:15 UTC

On Tue, 21 Dec 2021 19:02:13 +0000
Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

> On 21-Dec-21 10:07, Peter wrote:
> > "Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote in
> >

> >> It looks like he has the same problem I have a non-virtual shed, SWMBO
> >> fills the space available so that I cannot get at that bottle of nails
> >> that I know is somewhere up against the back wall. That, or she has
> >> put the bottle at the bottom of a bag of useless rubbish that she will
> >> not throw out.
> > Hang on, we seem to have the same SWMBO.
> >
> They all sing from the same him-book.

I goove they all went to the same finish him school.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<V0oKFmADZMxhFAmY@salmiron.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6452&group=uk.rec.sheds#6452

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 18:56:03 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 18:56 UTC

In article <XnsAE0766EB2BAD9Factura3476@144.76.35.252>, Peter
<myshed@prune.org.uk> on Tue, 21 Dec 2021 at 10:07:04 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote
>"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote in
>

>> It looks like he has the same problem I have a non-virtual shed, SWMBO
>> fills the space available so that I cannot get at that bottle of nails
>> that I know is somewhere up against the back wall. That, or she has
>> put the bottle at the bottom of a bag of useless rubbish that she will
>> not throw out.
>
>Hang on, we seem to have the same SWMBO.

Is she 4' 9", maybe less now?
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

<2f72a363-e4aa-43b4-b04d-afa8166c7a59n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6455&group=uk.rec.sheds#6455

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 12:35:06 -0800 (PST)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 20:35 UTC

On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 1:06:36 PM UTC-6, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <XnsAE0766EB2B...@144.76.35.252>, Peter
> <mys...@prune.org.uk> on Tue, 21 Dec 2021 at 10:07:04 awoke Nicholas
> from his slumbers and wrote
> >"Nicholas D. Richards" <nich...@salmiron.com> wrote in
> >

> >> It looks like he has the same problem I have a non-virtual shed, SWMBO
> >> fills the space available so that I cannot get at that bottle of nails
> >> that I know is somewhere up against the back wall. That, or she has
> >> put the bottle at the bottom of a bag of useless rubbish that she will
> >> not throw out.
> >
> >Hang on, we seem to have the same SWMBO.
> >
> Is she 4' 9", maybe less now?
> --
> 0sterc@tcher -
>
> "Oů sont les neiges d'antan?"

I saw this cartoon about finishing school , the set up was there's a young lady standing at the door to her apartment , there's some people out in the hall and she's cupping her right breast with her hand and pointing to it with her left hand and her parents are back within the apartment saying "and for this we sent her to finishing school?"