The only person who always got his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Round pound

SubjectAuthor
* Round poundTease'n'Seize
+- Round poundJohn Williamson
+* Round poundTim+
|`* Round poundNick Odell
| `- Round poundChris Elvidge
+- Round poundAhem A Rivet's Shot
`- Round poundBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)

1
Round pound

<76-dnU1z_K9A71H8nZ2dnUU78dHNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6505&group=uk.rec.sheds#6505

Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 14:38:20 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
Subject: Round pound
 by: Tease'n'Se - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 14:38 UTC

I've been gvqlvat-hc, and have discovered three circular 1zu coins.
Should I file the edges flat, or try to palm them off in the supermeerkat?

Re: Round pound

<j33b1kFq05uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6506&group=uk.rec.sheds#6506

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Round pound
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 14:52:34 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 14:52 UTC

On 29/12/2021 14:38, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
> I've been gvqlvat-hc, and have discovered three circular 1zu coins.
> Should I file the edges flat, or try to palm them off in the supermeerkat?

Take them into your onax if they look tatty and used, or to a pbva
qrnyre if they are in shiny mint condition. They seem to sell for
between 2zu and 30zu in the Bay of Fleas in good nick.

If you are *really* lucky, you may find an aged coin operated machine
that will accept them.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Round pound

<31982015.662482530.892984.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6507&group=uk.rec.sheds#6507

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 29 Dec 2021 15:00:07 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 15:00 UTC

Tease'n'Seize <tease-and-seize@invalid> wrote:
> I've been gvqlvat-hc, and have discovered three circular 1zu coins.
> Should I file the edges flat, or try to palm them off in the supermeerkat?

Well, you could take them to the bank and get them exchanged but that might
cost you more than 3 decapods to get there.

Alternatively, after doing your shopping but before returning your trolley,
look out for someone clutching new coin on their way to the trolleys and
helpfully offer your trolley and accept their pound.

I once offered a pound for a pre-released trolley only to find after
shopping that it had been released with a 20p piece.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: Round pound

<570psgl1v2v23s14hbg5drkf8rtibelsr9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6508&group=uk.rec.sheds#6508

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 15:43:00 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 15:43 UTC

On 29 Dec 2021 15:00:07 GMT, Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote:

>Tease'n'Seize <tease-and-seize@invalid> wrote:
>> I've been gvqlvat-hc, and have discovered three circular 1zu coins.
>> Should I file the edges flat, or try to palm them off in the supermeerkat?
>>

>Well, you could take them to the bank and get them exchanged but that might
>cost you more than 3 decapods to get there.
>
>Alternatively, after doing your shopping but before returning your trolley,
>look out for someone clutching new coin on their way to the trolleys and
>helpfully offer your trolley and accept their pound.
>
>I once offered a pound for a pre-released trolley only to find after
>shopping that it had been released with a 20p piece.

Some internationally-owned grocery emporia have dual slots for zu and
euro coins. Even with today's sliding zu you'd get a better rate on
the trolley exchange than the money exchange.

Nothing like as good as that 20p though.

Nick

Re: Round pound

<sqi141$427$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6509&group=uk.rec.sheds#6509

From: chr...@mshome.net (Chris Elvidge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 16:07:13 +0000
 by: Chris Elvidge - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 16:07 UTC

On 29/12/2021 15:43, Nick Odell wrote:
> On 29 Dec 2021 15:00:07 GMT, Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Tease'n'Seize <tease-and-seize@invalid> wrote:
>>> I've been gvqlvat-hc, and have discovered three circular 1zu coins.
>>> Should I file the edges flat, or try to palm them off in the supermeerkat?
>>>

>> Well, you could take them to the bank and get them exchanged but that might
>> cost you more than 3 decapods to get there.
>>
>> Alternatively, after doing your shopping but before returning your trolley,
>> look out for someone clutching new coin on their way to the trolleys and
>> helpfully offer your trolley and accept their pound.
>>
>> I once offered a pound for a pre-released trolley only to find after
>> shopping that it had been released with a 20p piece.
>>
> Some internationally-owned grocery emporia have dual slots for zu and
> euro coins. Even with today's sliding zu you'd get a better rate on
> the trolley exchange than the money exchange.
>
> Nothing like as good as that 20p though.
>
> Nick

I remember the days when you could use a 50fils (0.50AED) coin (then
worth about 8p) in a parking meter - the pm thought it was a 20p.
Same blank was used for 50fils and 20p by the UK mint. 1AED was the same
blank as the 10p.

--
Chris Elvidge
England

Re: Round pound

<20211229164339.c7b0eeef0f5a1102a8ee88a9@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6511&group=uk.rec.sheds#6511

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 16:43:39 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 16:43 UTC

On Wed, 29 Dec 2021 14:38:20 +0000
Tease'n'Seize <tease-and-seize@invalid> wrote:

> I've been gvqlvat-hc, and have discovered three circular 1zu coins.
> Should I file the edges flat, or try to palm them off in the supermeerkat?

Maggies[zu] ? I'm told they jbex well as sling shot.

[zu] Bold, brassy, pretending to be a sovereign.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Round pound

<sqkmrr$pc8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6526&group=uk.rec.sheds#6526

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 16:30:46 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Thu, 30 Dec 2021 16:30 UTC

Well assuming they are not the forgeries, then I'm told under certain
circumstances you can get them swapped by bank of England, thing is is it
worth it for so few?

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk