From: plusc...@live.co.uk (Pipl)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Another update from the Twist 'n' go world of electric bikes
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 21:42:12 +0000
 by: Pipl - Thu, 16 Dec 2021 21:42 UTC

So, my last report was that the bike was a little poorly, hesitating
at moderately fast speed and regularly nagging for a full discharge /
recharge cycle.

It has been reprogrammed which may have helped a bit, maybe.

A couple of nights ago I got the usual "please charge from..." message
on start-up, so, as I'd been pretty heavy-handed with the throttle
that morning and it was a mild, dry evening, I decided to give it
another go.

I was again as heavy-handed as traffic and common sense allowed, then
did a lap around the local lanes, one of my longer running routes,
actually.

With somewhere between 15 & 20% left, I started another lap. The bike
started losing power as usual, then as usual it started warning about
low battery voltage and going into limp mode. I had 7% indicated at
that point, and from experience, those last few percent take ages of
looping round the block, so I changed the route slightly to head into
town the way I came out, and this took me towards the last hill (about
three to four minutes of hard slog uphill when running).

On the hill, the bike started slowing even more dramatically to less
than 20mph, and it had just wheezed its way to the crest, when a red
light came on and it coasted to a halt. My first ever complete
shutdown. The charge indicator had dropped to zero in only a couple
of miles.

Does that make me a sort of petrol, err, electron muppet?

Anyway, it was a couple of hundred metres before the road dipped
gently downhill, so I half coasted and half legged the bike, kind of
like a lardy draisienne, until the road dipped a little and I could
coast to the heady speed of 27mph.

Once under street lights, I tried cycling the ignition key, and the
bike went back into limp mode for the quarter or so mile ride home.

Yesterday, however, it behaved wonderfully. The usual loss of power as
the battery drained, but that was normal. I didn't get it up to it top
speed but it would have got there. This morning it felt good. One
surprise: it used to have no regenerative engine braking until the
charge had dropped a percent or two. Now it has regeneration from the
word go. I guess a result of the software upgrade.

This evening, annoyingly the "drain and recharge" message reappeared,
but it rode fine. I think I'll just ignore these messages until either
it's been a good few months, or the performance drops off.

--

-Pip

Re: Another update from the Twist 'n' go world of electric bikes

<btirrgljr0oamt25l5p025gfug4jbu7r7i@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6603&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#6603

From: nea...@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 11:53:35 +0000
 by: Champ - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 11:53 UTC

On Thu, 16 Dec 2021 21:42:12 +0000, Pipl <pluscher@live.co.uk> wrote:

>draisienne

I had to look that up!

PS: thanks for the updates - interesting stuff
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

I don't know, but I been told