From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.tv,aus.legal
Subject: Re: nightly news
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 17:27:30 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 07:27 UTC

On 29/06/2022 12:27 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:11:23 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 10:11:33 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> I record all TV onto a hard drive.
>
>> It's easier now.  But back then is wasn't.
>
> Bullshit, I did it before DVDs were even available.

>>> I do have VideoReDo but never bothered to cut out the ads,
>>> just skip them when watching what I have recorded.
>
>> I cut out the ads to make space on the platter.

>>> Don't believe that.
>
>> It's true; I measured it.
>
> Its bullshit with both your numbers.
>
>> Anyway how could you know if you didn't cut  them out?
>
> Easy to time them when watching the recorded stuff.

>>> No its not. Its not actually too bad at all.
>
>> You WATCH that tripe?
>
> The best of the series like Foyle's War leave movies for dead.
>
>> It's a plot to get you watching even more ads.
>
> Can't be given that the series on the ABC don't have
> any ads except for the ABC between the programs.
>
>> And the stories are padded with endless SOAP and endless panning
>> across attractive faces and furry critters, and fast cars, and GUNS!
>
> Depends on the series. Foyle's War doesn't have anything like that.

>>> There is no god, and no god produced PVRs.
>
>> ...uh! How do you know?
>
> It is obvious that all the gods are mind fucks.
>
>> Were you there at the birth?
>
> Of PVRs, yep.

Recording TV shows is actually a legally contentious issue. You are only
allowed to record in order to time shift.

Meaning that you can watch a show at a different time to when it was
broadcast.

You may not record a program for the purpose of indefinitely keeping the
recording to be watched over and over again - a practice known as
'librarying'.

Source:
https://copyright.unimelb.edu.au/shared/using-copyright-material/personal-use

Re: nightly news

<op.1oimi9nsbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6557&group=aus.legal#6557

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv,aus.legal
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 18:14:59 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 08:14 UTC

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 17:27:30 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

> On 29/06/2022 12:27 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:11:23 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>>> It's easier now. But back then is wasn't.
>> Bullshit, I did it before DVDs were even available.

>>> I cut out the ads to make space on the platter.

>>> It's true; I measured it.
>> Its bullshit with both your numbers.
>>
>>> Anyway how could you know if you didn't cut them out?
>> Easy to time them when watching the recorded stuff.

>>> You WATCH that tripe?
>> The best of the series like Foyle's War leave movies for dead.
>>
>>> It's a plot to get you watching even more ads.
>> Can't be given that the series on the ABC don't have
>> any ads except for the ABC between the programs.
>>
>>> And the stories are padded with endless SOAP and endless panning
>>> across attractive faces and furry critters, and fast cars, and GUNS!
>> Depends on the series. Foyle's War doesn't have anything like that.

>>> ...uh! How do you know?
>> It is obvious that all the gods are mind fucks.
>>
>>> Were you there at the birth?
>> Of PVRs, yep.

> Recording TV shows is actually a legally contentious issue.

Bullshit it is when I am doing it so that I can watch it when
I choose to watch it and skip the boring bits and the ads.

> You are only allowed to record in order to time shift.

And that is why I do it, stupid.

> Meaning that you can watch a show at adifferent time to when it was
> broadcast.

And skip the ads and boring bits and back track over stuff I want to
backtrack over.

> You may not record a program for the purpose of indefinitelykeeping the
> recording to be watched over and over again

Wrong, as always.

> - a practice known as 'librarying'.

Only by fools.

> Source:
> https://copyright.unimelb.edu.au/shared/using-copyright-material/personal-use

Just because some fool claims something...

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: nightly news