To err is human, to moo bovine.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Rewilding?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Rewilding?Mike McMillan
+* Re: Rewilding?J. P. Gilliver (John)
|+* Re: Rewilding?Mike McMillan
||+- Re: Rewilding?Mike McMillan
||+* Re: Rewilding?Nick Odell
|||`- Re: Rewilding?steve hague
||`* Re: Rewilding?Penny
|| +- Re: Rewilding?Mike McMillan
|| `* Re: Rewilding?Nick Odell
||  `* Re: Rewilding?John Ashby
||   `* Re: Rewilding?Jim Easterbrook
||    `- Re: Rewilding?Mike McMillan
|`* Re: Rewilding?krw
| +- Re: Rewilding?Mike McMillan
| `* Re: Rewilding?Nick Odell
|  `- Re: Rewilding?Jenny M Benson
`- Re: Rewilding?Chris

1
Re: Rewilding?

<sulkhj$vgc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6544&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6544

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Rewilding?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 14:02:27 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:rlcwokjdABXnw68wKCLCl+9Lsv4=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 14:02 UTC

MelbTony <tonybryermelb@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the difference between the Millennium Wood and the rewilding
> project. And what in the latter keeps two people gainfully employed?

Can’t begin to answer that but however, I’m sure that Kate’s only interest
is in how being involved with the rewilding project will benefit her
Spiritual Homes racket. Harrumph!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Rewilding?

<wfIcwo7C7mDiFwtC@a.a>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6545&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6545

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:50:26 +0000
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:50 UTC

On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 at 14:02:27, Mike McMillan
<toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote (my responses usually follow points
raised):
>MelbTony <tonybryermelb@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What is the difference between the Millennium Wood and the rewilding
>> project. And what in the latter keeps two people gainfully employed?
>>

>Can’t begin to answer that but however, I’m sure that Kate’s only
>interest
>is in how being involved with the rewilding project will benefit her
>Spiritual Homes racket. Harrumph!

I think the millennium wood is something that was planted (or at least
worked on) at the time of the millennium, and intended to more or less
look after itself thereafter, apart from a bit of tidying and maybe very
occasional attention from the local tree surgeon.

I'm not at all sure what the rewilding project actually is, but I think
it's expected to need a lot more hands-on management.

I just don't trust Kate - she's a waste of space IMO. I'm not even sure
she's wanting to get into it for her own benefit, at least financial
(though I'm sure that appeals to her a little); I think it's just that
she's bored, and sees it as something that might be "fun" to get
involved in. And she'll wander off - certainly if there are any
problems, but even if there aren't, but just the pace of it will be too
slow for her. (Especially if any crazy idea of hers doesn't yield
_immediate_ benefits/results.)

War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.

Re: Rewilding?

<sulr4c$agm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6546&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6546

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:54:52 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:E341V/vuAJC3pSVDTTt0WvQ+jrg=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:54 UTC

J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 at 14:02:27, Mike McMillan
> <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote (my responses usually follow points
> raised):
>> MelbTony <tonybryermelb@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> What is the difference between the Millennium Wood and the rewilding
>>> project. And what in the latter keeps two people gainfully employed?
>>>

>> Can’t begin to answer that but however, I’m sure that Kate’s only
>> interest
>> is in how being involved with the rewilding project will benefit her
>> Spiritual Homes racket. Harrumph!
>>
> I think the millennium wood is something that was planted (or at least
> worked on) at the time of the millennium, and intended to more or less
> look after itself thereafter, apart from a bit of tidying and maybe very
> occasional attention from the local tree surgeon.
>
> I'm not at all sure what the rewilding project actually is, but I think
> it's expected to need a lot more hands-on management.
>
> I just don't trust Kate - she's a waste of space IMO. I'm not even sure
> she's wanting to get into it for her own benefit, at least financial
> (though I'm sure that appeals to her a little); I think it's just that
> she's bored, and sees it as something that might be "fun" to get
> involved in. And she'll wander off - certainly if there are any
> problems, but even if there aren't, but just the pace of it will be too
> slow for her. (Especially if any crazy idea of hers doesn't yield
> _immediate_ benefits/results.)

Sadly, I think you are right, do you know what? I think Ambridge would be a
much better place without those two sisters!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Rewilding?

<sum2if$ai5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6547&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6547

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 18:01:51 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:q/cooXpbhEgzQ1QhcSHc4eRumok=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 18:01 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:54:52 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
> <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
>
>> J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
>>> On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 at 14:02:27, Mike McMillan
>>> <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote (my responses usually follow points
>>> raised):

>>> I think the millennium wood is something that was planted (or at least
>>> worked on) at the time of the millennium, and intended to more or less
>>> look after itself thereafter, apart from a bit of tidying and maybe very
>>> occasional attention from the local tree surgeon.
>>>
>>> I'm not at all sure what the rewilding project actually is, but I think
>>> it's expected to need a lot more hands-on management.
>>>
>>> I just don't trust Kate - she's a waste of space IMO. I'm not even sure
>>> she's wanting to get into it for her own benefit, at least financial
>>> (though I'm sure that appeals to her a little); I think it's just that
>>> she's bored, and sees it as something that might be "fun" to get
>>> involved in. And she'll wander off - certainly if there are any
>>> problems, but even if there aren't, but just the pace of it will be too
>>> slow for her. (Especially if any crazy idea of hers doesn't yield
>>> _immediate_ benefits/results.)
>>
>> Sadly, I think you are right, do you know what? I think Ambridge would be a
>> much better place without those two sisters!
>
> I quite liked Alice before we got the drinking problem and I liked her
> last week and this looking after Martha. I never like Kate. She is a
> *(^)^&^%&*%^ I can't forget her and Umbrella Fairbrother on the
> bouncy castle when Pip was due to have the baby, and next day Kate
> bragged to Pip about it. Plus making her parents homeless and
> nuggering off to SA>

Apart from all that, Alice is the most amiable, likeable, helpful,
thoughtful, considerate, selfless, sympathetic, generous … err… what…. oh….
yes, where was I? Oh yes, umm…. Anyone for tennis?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Rewilding?

<9p7t0hhiln40ukdopt2k6a3bddsf1c9sue@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6549&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6549

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 19:35:59 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 19:35 UTC

On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:54:52 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
<toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:

>J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 at 14:02:27, Mike McMillan
>> <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote (my responses usually follow points
>> raised):
>>>>

>>> Can’t begin to answer that but however, I’m sure that Kate’s only
>>> interest
>>> is in how being involved with the rewilding project will benefit her
>>> Spiritual Homes racket. Harrumph!
>>>
>> I think the millennium wood is something that was planted (or at least
>> worked on) at the time of the millennium, and intended to more or less
>> look after itself thereafter, apart from a bit of tidying and maybe very
>> occasional attention from the local tree surgeon.
>>
>> I'm not at all sure what the rewilding project actually is, but I think
>> it's expected to need a lot more hands-on management.
>>
>> I just don't trust Kate - she's a waste of space IMO. I'm not even sure
>> she's wanting to get into it for her own benefit, at least financial
>> (though I'm sure that appeals to her a little); I think it's just that
>> she's bored, and sees it as something that might be "fun" to get
>> involved in. And she'll wander off - certainly if there are any
>> problems, but even if there aren't, but just the pace of it will be too
>> slow for her. (Especially if any crazy idea of hers doesn't yield
>> _immediate_ benefits/results.)
>
>Sadly, I think you are right, do you know what? I think Ambridge would be a
>much better place without those two sisters!

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that Neil Gaiman is a secret
scriptwriter on TA. For example, the houses all around the village
expand and contract to fit the number of people who have to live in
them. It's all a bit like Spider creating an enormous room with a
terrace leading down to the tropical beach.. ...in Fat Charlie's
tiny upstairs London Flat[1]

And here we are: three, strong females from two generations of one
family with the collective determination to manipulate the
hapless-but-decent male hero into doing their will. That could be Rex
and the rewilding project but it could just as easily be Tristran
Thorn from Stardust[2]

Nick
[1]Anansi Boys https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09ghv0c
[2] Stardust https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07xs1fd

Re: Rewilding?

<sumhv5$1lqh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6551&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6551

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 22:24:41 +0000
 by: krw - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 22:24 UTC

On 17.2.22 15:50, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> I'm not at all sure what the rewilding project actually is, but I think
> it's expected to need a lot more hands-on management.

I thought the whole point of rewilding was to let nature take its course
so no human intervention was needed.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Rewilding?

<oplt0htr6buupkgnca0lh23r2q3bh5bblr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6552&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6552

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 23:18:37 +0000
 by: Penny - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 23:18 UTC

On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:54:52 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
<toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> scrawled in the dust...
>J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:

>> I just don't trust Kate - she's a waste of space IMO. I'm not even sure
>> she's wanting to get into it for her own benefit, at least financial
>> (though I'm sure that appeals to her a little); I think it's just that
>> she's bored, and sees it as something that might be "fun" to get
>> involved in. And she'll wander off - certainly if there are any
>> problems, but even if there aren't, but just the pace of it will be too
>> slow for her. (Especially if any crazy idea of hers doesn't yield
>> _immediate_ benefits/results.)
>
>Sadly, I think you are right, do you know what? I think Ambridge would be a
>much better place without those two sisters!

Spawn of Brian Aldridge.
I wonder if he has fathered more than the three we are aware of...
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Rewilding?

<sunlr5$q2j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6553&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6553

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 08:36:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:YIbXtWPvDlsOooZRxozSe8Ht3ys=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 08:36 UTC

krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 17.2.22 15:50, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>> I'm not at all sure what the rewilding project actually is, but I think
>> it's expected to need a lot more hands-on management.
>
> I thought the whole point of rewilding was to let nature take its course
> so no human intervention was needed.

… or even Kate!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Rewilding?

<sunm3s$ui9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6554&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6554

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 08:41:32 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:+6vSa9yPXsbPWGS84hwyN5lxW1Q=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 08:41 UTC

Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:54:52 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
> <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> scrawled in the dust...
>> J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
>
>>> I just don't trust Kate - she's a waste of space IMO. I'm not even sure
>>> she's wanting to get into it for her own benefit, at least financial
>>> (though I'm sure that appeals to her a little); I think it's just that
>>> she's bored, and sees it as something that might be "fun" to get
>>> involved in. And she'll wander off - certainly if there are any
>>> problems, but even if there aren't, but just the pace of it will be too
>>> slow for her. (Especially if any crazy idea of hers doesn't yield
>>> _immediate_ benefits/results.)
>>
>> Sadly, I think you are right, do you know what? I think Ambridge would be a
>> much better place without those two sisters!
>
> Spawn of Brian Aldridge.
> I wonder if he has fathered more than the three we are aware of...

I doubt that Brian would be prepared to enlighten us; I well remember
asking him about what happened to Shovhorn’s share of the nag - to which he
said ’It is none of your damn business!’

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Rewilding?

<sunphl$1bcb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6555&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6555

From: stevehag...@gmail.com (steve hague)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 09:40:05 +0000
 by: steve hague - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 09:40 UTC

> and the rewilding project but it could just as easily be Tristran
> Thorn from Stardust[2]
>
> Nick
> [1]Anansi Boys https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09ghv0c
> [2] Stardust https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07xs1fd

I read Stardust last week, it's been on my bookshelf for years. It's a
sort of updated version of 'The King of Elflands Daughter' but none the
worse for that. I enjoyed it very much.
Steve

Re: Rewilding?

<sunt2h$8hl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6556&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6556

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 10:40:17 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:A5jbCwP03VkL28YBYqvlhosaUPM=
 by: Chris - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 10:40 UTC

Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> MelbTony <tonybryermelb@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What is the difference between the Millennium Wood and the rewilding
>> project. And what in the latter keeps two people gainfully employed?
>>

> Can’t begin to answer that but however, I’m sure that Kate’s only interest
> is in how being involved with the rewilding project will benefit her
> Spiritual Homes racket. Harrumph!

Rex did the hard work, Feebs did the glamour?

So far as I know the wood isn’t anything to do with rewilding. Wasn’t that
Mike Tucker’s domain? Not that we hear about the wood!

Sincerely Chris

Re: Rewilding?

<jruu0htlm4e689orb7rtscmcmhcunb3u42@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6557&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6557

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 10:57:23 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 10:57 UTC

On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 23:18:37 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:54:52 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
><toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> scrawled in the dust...
>>J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
>
>>> I just don't trust Kate - she's a waste of space IMO. I'm not even sure
>>> she's wanting to get into it for her own benefit, at least financial
>>> (though I'm sure that appeals to her a little); I think it's just that
>>> she's bored, and sees it as something that might be "fun" to get
>>> involved in. And she'll wander off - certainly if there are any
>>> problems, but even if there aren't, but just the pace of it will be too
>>> slow for her. (Especially if any crazy idea of hers doesn't yield
>>> _immediate_ benefits/results.)
>>
>>Sadly, I think you are right, do you know what? I think Ambridge would be a
>>much better place without those two sisters!
>
>Spawn of Brian Aldridge.
>I wonder if he has fathered more than the three we are aware of...

....yet?

Storyline for the future?

Nick

Re: Rewilding?

<duuu0h1dtb4otf8j62vu2o4kcro38phqmk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6558&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6558

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 11:01:36 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 11:01 UTC

On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 22:24:41 +0000, krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:

>On 17.2.22 15:50, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>> I'm not at all sure what the rewilding project actually is, but I think
>> it's expected to need a lot more hands-on management.
>
>I thought the whole point of rewilding was to let nature take its course
>so no human intervention was needed.

Up to a point, Lord Copper. If you look at what might be described as
wasteland which has been allowed to become overgrown, the species that
appear are very often the invasive species - previously introduced
plants and animals - that upset the natural balance in the first
place.

Nick

Re: Rewilding?

<sunuqj$9hp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6559&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6559

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 11:10:11 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 11:10 UTC

On 18/02/2022 10:57, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 23:18:37 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:54:52 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
>> <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> scrawled in the dust...

>>> Sadly, I think you are right, do you know what? I think Ambridge would be a
>>> much better place without those two sisters!
>>
>> Spawn of Brian Aldridge.
>> I wonder if he has fathered more than the three we are aware of...
>
> ...yet?
>
> Storyline for the future?
>

> Nick

Two words: India Beesborough.

john

Re: Rewilding?

<j79d58Fi26U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6560&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6560

From: NemoN...@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 11:10:31 +0000
 by: Jenny M Benson - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 11:10 UTC

On 18/02/2022 11:01, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 22:24:41 +0000, krw<krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 17.2.22 15:50, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>>> I'm not at all sure what the rewilding project actually is, but I think
>>> it's expected to need a lot more hands-on management.
>> I thought the whole point of rewilding was to let nature take its course
>> so no human intervention was needed.
> Up to a point, Lord Copper. If you look at what might be described as
> wasteland which has been allowed to become overgrown, the species that
> appear are very often the invasive species - previously introduced
> plants and animals - that upset the natural balance in the first
> place.

I think "conservation grazing" - by cattle or equines or both - is often
involved because they prevent the area from simply reverting to scrub
and woodland as they browse the bigger stuff.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Re: Rewilding?

<j79j3nFt0ppU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6561&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6561

From: new...@jim-easterbrook.me.uk (Jim Easterbrook)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: 18 Feb 2022 12:52:07 GMT
 by: Jim Easterbrook - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 12:52 UTC

On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 11:10:11 +0000, John Ashby wrote:

> On 18/02/2022 10:57, Nick Odell wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 23:18:37 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Spawn of Brian Aldridge.
>>> I wonder if he has fathered more than the three we are aware of...
>>
>> ...yet?
>>
>> Storyline for the future?
>
> Two words: India Beesborough.

Whom we're told has an arse the size of a (sub)continent. Are any of
Brian's known children similarly afflicted?

--
Jim <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>

Re: Rewilding?

<suof6n$vla$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6562&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6562

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 15:49:43 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9H+q9/QqGpn/todYCuJRjCq6lSA=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 15:49 UTC

Jim Easterbrook <news@jim-easterbrook.me.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 11:10:11 +0000, John Ashby wrote:
>
>> On 18/02/2022 10:57, Nick Odell wrote:

>>> ...yet?
>>>
>>> Storyline for the future?
>>
>> Two words: India Beesborough.
>
> Whom we're told has an arse the size of a (sub)continent. Are any of
> Brian's known children similarly afflicted?

Perhaps Brian used Indian Rubber(s) as we have not heard of any other
orffspring (so afflicted or not!).

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan