All the evidence concerning the universe has not yet been collected, so there's still hope.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Just Eat delivery rider stabbed in the back in attempted bikejacking

SubjectAuthor
* Just Eat delivery rider stabbed in the back in attempted bikejackingswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Just Eat delivery rider stabbed in the back in attemptedJNugent
`* Re: Just Eat delivery rider stabbed in the back in attemptedSpike
 `- Re: Just Eat delivery rider stabbed in the back in attemptedJNugent

1
Just Eat delivery rider stabbed in the back in attempted bikejacking

<465aad5a-37eb-4c77-a44e-8eedeb16e087n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6560&group=uk.rec.cycling#6560

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 06:44:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Just Eat delivery rider stabbed in the back in attempted bikejacking
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 14:44 UTC

A Just Eat food delivery rider has been stabbed in the back in Birmingham during an attempted bikejacking.

The unnamed rider, who is said to be a male aged in his thirties, was approached by four youths on Sidcup Road in Kingstanding at around 6pm on the evening of Wednesday 2 March, reports Birmingham Live (link is external).

After he was stabbed, the cyclist collapsed to the ground, and told local residents, “I’ve been stabbed, I think I’m going to die.”

He was treated at the scene and then taken to hospital for further treatment. He is now reported to be in a stable condition, with his injuries no longer life-threatening.

Meanwhile, his assailants were said to have fled the scene on two motorbikes.

To date, no arrests have been made, with West Midlands Police, who have been studying CCTV footage and interviewing people living locally, saying: “We’re following up some lines of enquiry, but no arrests at this stage.”

West Midlands Police said the victim's injuries were not believed to be life-threatening as it revealed he was now in a stable condition.

Earlier, Detective Sergeant Curt Wilkins, of Force CID, had said: “We’re at the early stages of our enquiries and work is on-going to identify the offenders. We’d ask anyone who was in the area at the time and has dashcam footage to get in contact with us.

"And any witnesses who may have information and haven’t yet spoken with officers should also get in touch. Contact police via Live Chat at west-midlands.police.uk, quoting investigation 20/266627/22, or call 101. Or to remain 100 per cent anonymous, and pass on information without giving your details, speak to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."

We’ve reported on a number of bikejackings in the West Midlands here on road.cc, often carried out on the region’s extensive canal network with gangs targeting lone riders.

https://road.cc/content/news/just-eat-delivery-rider-stabbed-attempted-bikejacking-290851

Re: Just Eat delivery rider stabbed in the back in attempted bikejacking

<j8k5fjF7905U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6566&group=uk.rec.cycling#6566

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Just Eat delivery rider stabbed in the back in attempted
bikejacking
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 16:23:15 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 16:23 UTC

> A Just Eat food delivery rider has been stabbed in the back in Birmingham during an attempted bikejacking.
>
> The unnamed rider, who is said to be a male aged in his thirties, was approached by four youths on Sidcup Road in Kingstanding at around 6pm on the evening of Wednesday 2 March, reports Birmingham Live (link is external).
>
> After he was stabbed, the cyclist collapsed to the ground, and told local residents, “I’ve been stabbed, I think I’m going to die.”
>
> He was treated at the scene and then taken to hospital for further treatment. He is now reported to be in a stable condition, with his injuries no longer life-threatening.

"stable condition, with his injuries no longer life-threatening"

Well, that's good news.

> Meanwhile, his assailants were said to have fled the scene on two motorbikes.
>
> To date, no arrests have been made, with West Midlands Police, who have been studying CCTV footage and interviewing people living locally, saying: “We’re following up some lines of enquiry, but no arrests at this stage.”
>
> West Midlands Police said the victim's injuries were not believed to be life-threatening as it revealed he was now in a stable condition.

Did they?

And why did road.cc (the magazine for semi-literate fairy-cyclists, if
you'll forgive the tautology) feel the need to say it twice?

> Earlier, Detective Sergeant Curt Wilkins, of Force CID, had said: “We’re at the early stages of our enquiries and work is on-going to identify the offenders. We’d ask anyone who was in the area at the time and has dashcam footage to get in contact with us.
>
> "And any witnesses who may have information and haven’t yet spoken with officers should also get in touch. Contact police via Live Chat at west-midlands.police.uk, quoting investigation 20/266627/22, or call 101. Or to remain 100 per cent anonymous, and pass on information without giving your details, speak to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."
>
> We’ve reported on a number of bikejackings in the West Midlands here on road.cc, often carried out on the region’s extensive canal network with gangs targeting lone riders.
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/just-eat-delivery-rider-stabbed-attempted-bikejacking-290851

Just HOW badly can cyclists "think" they need a bike, that they
violently attack and injure a member of the public in order to obtain one?

Re: Just Eat delivery rider stabbed in the back in attempted bikejacking

<j8m0u3Fi0ujU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6583&group=uk.rec.cycling#6583

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
bikejacking
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 09:17:54 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 09:17 UTC

On 06/03/2022 17:01, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 2:44:53 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> THUGS ON MOTORBIKES YET AGAIN - THEY NEED REGISTERING AND NUMBER PLATES.

> THAT WILL SORT THE PROBLEM OUT.

NUMBER PLATES MIGHT HELP TO GET THE BICYCLE BACK

>> Meanwhile, his assailants were said to have fled the scene on two motorbikes.

>> https://road.cc/content/news/just-eat-delivery-rider-stabbed-attempted-bikejacking-290851

Just slightly puzzled as to how to carry off a stolen bicycle on two
motorcycles. How does that work?

--
Spike

Re: Just Eat delivery rider stabbed in the back in attempted bikejacking

<j8m86iFjatnU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6594&group=uk.rec.cycling#6594

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
bikejacking
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 11:21:54 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 11:21 UTC

On 07/03/2022 09:17 am, Spike wrote:

> On 06/03/2022 17:01, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 2:44:53 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> THUGS ON MOTORBIKES YET AGAIN - THEY NEED REGISTERING AND NUMBER PLATES.
>> THAT WILL SORT THE PROBLEM OUT.
> NUMBER PLATES MIGHT HELP TO GET THE BICYCLE BACK
>
>>> Meanwhile, his assailants were said to have fled the scene on two motorbikes.
>
>>> https://road.cc/content/news/just-eat-delivery-rider-stabbed-attempted-bikejacking-290851
>
> Just slightly puzzled as to how to carry off a stolen bicycle on two
> motorcycles. How does that work?

One of the pillion passengers would ride the bike away.

Make no mistake: the perps wanted that vehicle because they (or at least
one of them) are fairy-cyclists.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Just Eat delivery rider stabbed in the back in attempted bikejacking