Life is like a simile.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paper

SubjectAuthor
* poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paperNomen Nescio
`* Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paperDaryl
 `* Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paperjonz
  `* Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paperDaryl
   +* Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paperkeithr0
   |`* Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paperDaryl
   | +* Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paperkeithr0
   | |`- Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paperDaryl
   | `- Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paperJesse Bruce
   `- Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paperClocky

1
poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paper

<sis9s4$1s0d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5897&group=aus.cars#5897

From: sew...@dizum.org (Nomen Nescio)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paper
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 19:28:03 +0800
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 27 Sep 2021 11:28 UTC

and is fucken $2.50 a litre
get out and walk

Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paper

<irdsiqFndqmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5898&group=aus.cars#5898

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 22:43:03 +1000
 by: Daryl - Mon, 27 Sep 2021 12:43 UTC

On 27/9/21 9:28 pm, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> and is fucken $2.50 a litre
> get out and walk

Guess you have never been to the UK, the price is actually higher than
that but their fuel has been expensive for a long time, in 2014 I rented
a car in the UK and remember paying roughly double what we paid in
Australia.
There is no shortage of petrol but a shortage of tanker drivers to
deliver it to servos, Brexit and Covid fucked up the availability of
Eastern European drivers that were willing to work for lower pay.

--
Daryl

Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paper

<sitmrh$9o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5900&group=aus.cars#5900

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:15:40 +1000
 by: jonz - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 00:15 UTC

On 9/27/2021 10:43 PM, Daryl wrote:
> On 27/9/21 9:28 pm, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>> and is fucken $2.50 a litre
>> get out and walk
>
> Guess you have never been to the UK, the price is actually higher than
> that but their fuel has been expensive for a long time, in 2014 I
> rented a car in the UK and remember paying roughly double what we paid
> in Australia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 about 7yrs ago it was $3.15 per litre in NZ. didn`t notice 'till i put
$10 worth in mum`s car and the gauge didn`t move. :(

  It`s now about $2.50. Cheap eh!!...

> There is no shortage of petrol but a shortage of tanker drivers to
> deliver it to servos, Brexit and Covid fucked up the availability of
> Eastern European drivers that were willing to work for lower pay.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  The joys of motoring. :)))

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene

Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paper

<irfpmjF41nfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5903&group=aus.cars#5903

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 16:06:11 +1000
 by: Daryl - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 06:06 UTC

On 28/9/21 10:15 am, jonz wrote:
> On 9/27/2021 10:43 PM, Daryl wrote:
>> On 27/9/21 9:28 pm, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>>> and is fucken $2.50 a litre
>>> get out and walk
>>
>> Guess you have never been to the UK, the price is actually higher than
>> that but their fuel has been expensive for a long time, in 2014 I
>> rented a car in the UK and remember paying roughly double what we paid
>> in Australia.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>  about 7yrs ago it was $3.15 per litre in NZ. didn`t notice 'till i put
> $10 worth in mum`s car and the gauge didn`t move. :(
>
>   It`s now about $2.50. Cheap eh!!...

I laugh when I hear yanks whinging about the price of "gas", they have
no idea how well off they are.

--
Daryl

Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paper

<irfqi5F47vlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5905&group=aus.cars#5905

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 16:20:52 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 06:20 UTC

On 28/09/2021 4:06 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 28/9/21 10:15 am, jonz wrote:
>>>
>>> Guess you have never been to the UK, the price is actually higher
>>> than that but their fuel has been expensive for a long time, in 2014
>>> I rented a car in the UK and remember paying roughly double what we
>>> paid in Australia.
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>   about 7yrs ago it was $3.15 per litre in NZ. didn`t notice 'till i
>> put $10 worth in mum`s car and the gauge didn`t move. :(
>>
>>    It`s now about $2.50. Cheap eh!!...
>
> I laugh when I hear yanks whinging about the price of "gas", they have
> no idea how well off they are.

When I moved to America in 1998, "Gas" was 90c per (US) gallon. When I
was last there 2019 it as $3.70. That's about $A1.26, it means that it
has gone up there by about 4x, that's a lot more than here.

Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paper

<siuhgl$m9g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5908&group=aus.cars#5908

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 15:50:39 +0800
 by: Clocky - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 07:50 UTC

On 28/09/2021 2:06 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 28/9/21 10:15 am, jonz wrote:
>>>
>>> Guess you have never been to the UK, the price is actually higher
>>> than that but their fuel has been expensive for a long time, in 2014
>>> I rented a car in the UK and remember paying roughly double what we
>>> paid in Australia.
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>   about 7yrs ago it was $3.15 per litre in NZ. didn`t notice 'till i
>> put $10 worth in mum`s car and the gauge didn`t move. :(
>>
>>    It`s now about $2.50. Cheap eh!!...
>
> I laugh when I hear yanks whinging about the price of "gas", they have
> no idea how well off they are.

Currently $1.30 AUD for ULP, not that cheap.

Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paper

<irgf23F813nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5914&group=aus.cars#5914

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 22:10:41 +1000
 by: Daryl - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 12:10 UTC

On 28/9/21 4:20 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 28/09/2021 4:06 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>   about 7yrs ago it was $3.15 per litre in NZ. didn`t notice 'till i
>>> put $10 worth in mum`s car and the gauge didn`t move. :(
>>>
>>>    It`s now about $2.50. Cheap eh!!...
>>
>> I laugh when I hear yanks whinging about the price of "gas", they have
>> no idea how well off they are.
>>

> When I moved to America in 1998, "Gas" was 90c per (US) gallon. When I
> was last there 2019 it as $3.70. That's about $A1.26, it means that it
> has gone up there by about 4x, that's a lot more than here.

Its still cheap compared to almost anywhere else.
I haven't got the numbers to compare fuel prices here in 1998 to 2019
but I remember filling up my 1965 Austin Healey Sprite which had a 27lt
fuel tank in the early 70's and it only cost me $2.00, if I only put
20lts in the tank that's 10cpl compared to around $1.39pl which makes it
14 times more expensive now.

--
Daryl

Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paper

<irieioFjjgjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5939&group=aus.cars#5939

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 16:14:46 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Wed, 29 Sep 2021 06:14 UTC

On 28/09/2021 10:10 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 28/9/21 4:20 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>>> I laugh when I hear yanks whinging about the price of "gas", they
>>> have no idea how well off they are.
>>>

>> When I moved to America in 1998, "Gas" was 90c per (US) gallon. When I
>> was last there 2019 it as $3.70. That's about $A1.26, it means that it
>> has gone up there by about 4x, that's a lot more than here.
>

> Its still cheap compared to almost anywhere else.
> I haven't got the numbers to compare fuel prices here in 1998 to 2019
> but I remember filling up my 1965 Austin Healey Sprite which had a 27lt
> fuel tank in the early 70's and it only cost me $2.00, if I only put
> 20lts in the tank that's 10cpl compared to around $1.39pl which makes it
> 14 times more expensive now.

I was comparing the late 90s to today, over the same period here petrol
as doubled at the most. If you want to go back far enough, in Carnarvon
in the mid to late 60s, we were complaining about paying 35c a gallon.

Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paper

<irio23Flb6lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5941&group=aus.cars#5941

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 18:56:33 +1000
 by: Daryl - Wed, 29 Sep 2021 08:56 UTC

On 29/9/21 4:14 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 28/09/2021 10:10 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> When I moved to America in 1998, "Gas" was 90c per (US) gallon. When
>>> I was last there 2019 it as $3.70. That's about $A1.26, it means that
>>> it has gone up there by about 4x, that's a lot more than here.
>>

>> Its still cheap compared to almost anywhere else.
>> I haven't got the numbers to compare fuel prices here in 1998 to 2019
>> but I remember filling up my 1965 Austin Healey Sprite which had a
>> 27lt fuel tank in the early 70's and it only cost me $2.00, if I only
>> put 20lts in the tank that's 10cpl compared to around $1.39pl which
>> makes it 14 times more expensive now.
>>
> I was comparing the late 90s to today, over the same period here petrol
> as doubled at the most. If you want to go back far enough, in Carnarvon
> in the mid to late 60s, we were complaining about paying 35c a gallon.

In the 90's both our cars were running on LPG so I never took much
notice of the price of petrol.
People have always complained about the price of fuel.

--
Daryl

Re: poms now panic buying petrol instead of toilet paper

<8871b8a0-8fc2-43df-82a6-e141d43c09a9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6601&group=aus.cars#6601

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 03:51:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: jjbr...@gmail.com (Jesse Bruce)
 by: Jesse Bruce - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 10:51 UTC

On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 10:10:45 PM UTC+10, Daryl wrote:
> On 28/9/21 4:20 pm, keithr0 wrote:

> >> I laugh when I hear yanks whinging about the price of "gas", they have
> >> no idea how well off they are.
> >>

> > When I moved to America in 1998, "Gas" was 90c per (US) gallon. When I
> > was last there 2019 it as $3.70. That's about $A1.26, it means that it
> > has gone up there by about 4x, that's a lot more than here.
> Its still cheap compared to almost anywhere else.
> I haven't got the numbers to compare fuel prices here in 1998 to 2019
> but I remember filling up my 1965 Austin Healey Sprite which had a 27lt
> fuel tank in the early 70's and it only cost me $2.00, if I only put
> 20lts in the tank that's 10cpl compared to around $1.39pl which makes it
> 14 times more expensive now.
>
> --
> Daryl

Had $1 and $2 money notes