"Benson, you are so free of the ravages of intelligence" -- Time Bandits

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Near Miss of the Day 729: ‘Must Get In Front’ driver almost left-hooks cyclist

SubjectAuthor
* Near Miss of the Day 729: ‘Must Get In Front’ drswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Near Miss of the Day 729: ‘Must Get In FrJNugent
 `- Re: Near Miss of the Day 729: ‘Must Get In Frontswldx...@gmail.com

1
Near Miss of the Day 729: ‘Must Get In Front’ driver almost left-hooks cyclist

<45132e7f-3545-48fb-a172-34e68037a498n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6637&group=uk.rec.cycling#6637

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 14:01:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Near_Miss_of_the_Day_729:_‘Must_Get_In_Front’_dr
iver_almost_left-hooks_cyclist
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 22:01 UTC

IDIOT DRIVER DIDN'T EVEN INDICATE.

Yet another driver in our Near Miss of the Day series who ‘Must Get In Front’ – also known as MGIF – of a cyclist, this time as they both turn left on the same corner, and who almost takes out the rider on the apex of the bend.

It happened last summer on Waterloo Road in Southampton, Hampshire as road.cc reader Paul was riding home from work at 6am.

“It was at the junction of Waterloo Road, Southampton UK. While it might not seem so but I did slam on the brakes and my back wheel did skid.

“It was also a lot closer than it looks because of the wide lens. To me the driver simply wanted to get to the turn before me at whatever cost..

“It was reported to the police and I was told that someone will contact me. The operator told me they put it down as dangerous driving.

https://road.cc/content/news/nmiotd-729-mgif-driver-almost-left-hooks-cyclist-290889

Re: Near Miss of the Day 729: ‘Must Get In Front’ driver almost left-hooks cyclist

<j8nkjiFrmigU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6638&group=uk.rec.cycling#6638

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Near_Miss_of_the_Day_729:_‘Must_Get_In_Fr
ont’_driver_almost_left-hooks_cyclist
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 23:59:47 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 23:59 UTC

> IDIOT DRIVER DIDN'T EVEN INDICATE.
>
> Yet another driver in our Near Miss of the Day series who ‘Must Get In Front’ – also known as MGIF – of a cyclist, this time as they both turn left on the same corner, and who almost takes out the rider on the apex of the bend.
>
> It happened last summer on Waterloo Road in Southampton, Hampshire as road.cc reader Paul was riding home from work at 6am.
>
> “It was at the junction of Waterloo Road, Southampton UK. While it might not seem so but I did slam on the brakes and my back wheel did skid.
>
> “It was also a lot closer than it looks because of the wide lens. To me the driver simply wanted to get to the turn before me at whatever cost.
>
> “It was reported to the police and I was told that someone will contact me. The operator told me they put it down as dangerous driving.
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/nmiotd-729-mgif-driver-almost-left-hooks-cyclist-290889

Oh, well... the *telephone* *operator* (allegedly) said it was dangerous
driving.

What more proof could one possibly require?

Re: Near Miss of the Day 729: ‘Must Get In Front’ driver almost left-hooks cyclist

<d2a53904-ae23-4278-9928-e579c3636b35n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6647&group=uk.rec.cycling#6647

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 02:55:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Near_Miss_of_the_Day_729:_‘Must_Get_In_Front
’_driver_almost_left-hooks_cyclist
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 10:55 UTC

OldRidgeback | 3940 posts | 20 min ago
0 likes

That's really crap driving and totally unnecessary too, given how quiet the road was. It's rubbish that the police don't seem to have followed it up.

reply quote

Safety | 27 posts | 49 min ago
1 like

Not sure what's more frustrating, a police force ignoring perfect evidence of dangerous driving or where Police Scotland have done their best to prevent these crimes from being reported on the first place.
Neither stands up well to any type of scrutiny.

reply quote

NOtotheEU | 4 posts | 7 hours ago
1 like

Terrible selfish 'driving' and also no surprise what make of car is parked totally blocking the pavement and pedestrian crossing. I guess they hate pedestrians as much as cyclists.

reply quote

Sriracha replied to NOtotheEU | 2973 posts | 3 hours ago
1 like

I think they just love themselves. It's all about moi.

Presumably plod sent an NIP. I'll get my coat.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Near Miss of the Day 729: ‘Must Get In Front’ driver almost left-hooks cyclist