From: Cer...@example.org (Certes)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Spanish rail firm planning London to Paris service to rival Eurostar
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:45:32 +0100
 by: Certes - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 15:45 UTC

Evolyn says route is ‘strategic and high demand’ and it intends to
launch its first service in 2025
<https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/12/spanish-rail-firm-evolyn-planning-london-paris-service-rival-eurostar>

Re: Spanish rail firm planning London to Paris service to rival Eurostar

<v4egii1uu5a6uhcia7jv8pghb7o9e2rs2r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=66374&group=uk.railway#66374

From: use...@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk (Mark Goodge)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:21:28 +0100
 by: Mark Goodge - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:21 UTC

On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:45:32 +0100, Certes <Certes@example.org> wrote:

>Evolyn says route is ‘strategic and high demand’ and it intends to
>launch its first service in 2025
><https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/12/spanish-rail-firm-evolyn-planning-london-paris-service-rival-eurostar>

If I had a pound for every time I've seen a media article about a competitor
to Eurostar, I'd have enough money to buy lunch the mext time I travel on
Eurostar.

Mark

Re: Spanish rail firm planning London to Paris service to rival Eurostar

<ug9e3j$2l6kf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=66380&group=uk.railway#66380

From: ukr...@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk (Sam Wilson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Spanish rail firm planning London to Paris service to
rival Eurostar
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:32:19 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:vV25oUWOpvoEccmcLod7Frwwuno=
 by: Sam Wilson - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:32 UTC

Mark Goodge <usenet@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:45:32 +0100, Certes <Certes@example.org> wrote:
>
>> Evolyn says route is ‘strategic and high demand’ and it intends to
>> launch its first service in 2025
>> <https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/12/spanish-rail-firm-evolyn-planning-london-paris-service-rival-eurostar>
>
> If I had a pound for every time I've seen a media article about a competitor
> to Eurostar, I'd have enough money to buy lunch the mext time I travel on
> Eurostar.

Since CTRL passenger numbers are (currently) limited by border formalities,
I wonder where their passengers are going to come from? Steal them from
e*?

Sam

--
The entity formerly known as Sam.Wilson@ed.ac.uk
Spit the dummy to reply

Re: Spanish rail firm planning London to Paris service to rival Eurostar

<ug9e9a$2l2q3$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=66382&group=uk.railway#66382

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk (Coffee)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Spanish rail firm planning London to Paris service to rival
Eurostar
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:35:22 +0100
 by: Coffee - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:35 UTC

On 12/10/2023 19:21, Mark Goodge wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:45:32 +0100, Certes <Certes@example.org> wrote:
>
>> Evolyn says route is ‘strategic and high demand’ and it intends to
>> launch its first service in 2025
>> <https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/12/spanish-rail-firm-evolyn-planning-london-paris-service-rival-eurostar>
>
> If I had a pound for every time I've seen a media article about a competitor
> to Eurostar, I'd have enough money to buy lunch the mext time I travel on
> Eurostar.

What is needed is services to new destinations. I'm going to stick to
the Harwich Hook of Holland ferry which will remain the most convenient
for me.

Re: Spanish rail firm planning London to Paris service to rival Eurostar

<ugb9fm$356jj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=66396&group=uk.railway#66396

From: ann...@noyd-dryver.com (Anna Noyd-Dryver)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
rival Eurostar
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 11:25:42 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:JdQfOnaC2ZZ8Z9J7i0aiU6jCgb0=
 by: Anna Noyd-Dryver - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 11:25 UTC

Coffee <martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk> wrote:
> On 12/10/2023 19:21, Mark Goodge wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:45:32 +0100, Certes <Certes@example.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Evolyn says route is ‘strategic and high demand’ and it intends to
>>> launch its first service in 2025
>>> <https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/12/spanish-rail-firm-evolyn-planning-london-paris-service-rival-eurostar>
>>
>> If I had a pound for every time I've seen a media article about a competitor
>> to Eurostar, I'd have enough money to buy lunch the mext time I travel on
>> Eurostar.
>
> What is needed is services to new destinations. I'm going to stick to
> the Harwich Hook of Holland ferry which will remain the most convenient
> for me.

Depends on your destination, surely? Great for NL, DE and places east; less
convenient for Spain or southern France…

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Re: Spanish rail firm planning London to Paris service to rival Eurostar

<ugbagd$35ao0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=66397&group=uk.railway#66397

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk (Coffee)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Eurostar
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 12:43:09 +0100
 by: Coffee - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 11:43 UTC

On 13/10/2023 12:25, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
> Coffee <martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk> wrote:

>>> If I had a pound for every time I've seen a media article about a competitor
>>> to Eurostar, I'd have enough money to buy lunch the mext time I travel on
>>> Eurostar.
>>
>> What is needed is services to new destinations. I'm going to stick to
>> the Harwich Hook of Holland ferry which will remain the most convenient
>> for me.
>>

> Depends on your destination, surely? Great for NL, DE and places east; less
> convenient for Spain or southern France…

Most recently I've travelled to the Netherlands, Germany, and
Scandinavia so Spain and France in not on my horizon at the moment.

Daytime flights have been restored to the Cardiff - Amsterdam service so
flying is a bit less unattractive.