Place stamp here.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

SubjectAuthor
* Goodnews Win II is not compatablejonz
+* Goodnews Win II is not compatableYosemite Sam
|+* Goodnews Win II is not compatablejonz
||`* Goodnews Win II is not compatableYosemite Sam
|| `* Goodnews Win II is not compatablejonz
||  `* Goodnews Win II is not compatableYosemite Sam
||   `* Goodnews Win II is not compatableClocky
||    `- Goodnews Win II is not compatableYosemite Sam
|`* Goodnews Win II is not compatableClocky
| +- Goodnews Win II is not compatableYosemite Sam
| `* Goodnews Win II is not compatablejonz
|  `- Goodnews Win II is not compatableYosemite Sam
`* Goodnews Win II is not compatableF Murtz
 `- Goodnews Win II is not compatableClocky

1
Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

<skofrg$8ar$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6624&group=aus.cars#6624

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 18:18:09 +1100
 by: jonz - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 07:18 UTC

On 10/20/2021 5:43 PM, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 18/10/2021 3:56 pm, Petzl wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 21:51:31 -0000 (UTC), not@telling.you.invalid
>> (Computer Nerd Kev) wrote:
>>
>>> Well, yes Windows II (2) probably isn't compatible with whatever
>>> you're talking about. I can't say I've ever used it myself, but
>>> I think I did try running a program from it in Windows XP once
>>> after reading an article exploring the limits of Windows backwards
>>> compatibility.
>>>
>>> Alright I guess you inexplicably typed 'I' instead of '1' and
>>> didn't intend to use Roman numerals, though I still don't know what
>>> you're actually talking about with regards to Windows 11 either.
>>>
>> Microsoft have just about got Wn10 working
>> The reports about WIN11 will require facial recognition and Edge as
>> the only browser.
>> If you think thats OK go with it
>

> fuck M$! they said windows 10 would be the last windows EVER. now
> they've introduced win11 which is incompatible with many older PC's.
> this PC i'm using is probably over 10 years old, maybe even 15 years
> old, I can't remember when I built it, and running windoze10, and does
> everything I need, including gaming. there's really no need to keep
> updating PC's if M$ didn't force us to!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Theres another four years of Win 10 support yet..

   Quit yer whinging.

        If you check win11 requirements you will find a bit of
component swapping will get you going in a lot of cases. I for one will
not be bothering. Win 10 will do it for me.

       Also, those running win 7, 8 , and 8.1 can still get a free
update to 10.

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene

Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

<ita561FaedvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6625&group=aus.cars#6625

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 20:17:51 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 09:17 UTC

On 20/10/2021 6:18 pm, jonz wrote:
> On 10/20/2021 5:43 PM, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> On 18/10/2021 3:56 pm, Petzl wrote:

>>> Microsoft have just about got Wn10 working
>>> The reports about WIN11 will require facial recognition and Edge as
>>> the only browser.
>>> If you think thats OK go with it
>>

>> fuck M$! they said windows 10 would be the last windows EVER. now
>> they've introduced win11 which is incompatible with many older PC's.
>> this PC i'm using is probably over 10 years old, maybe even 15 years
>> old, I can't remember when I built it, and running windoze10, and
>> does everything I need, including gaming. there's really no need to
>> keep updating PC's if M$ didn't force us to!
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>  Theres another four years of Win 10 support yet..
>
>    Quit yer whinging.
>
>         If you check win11 requirements you will find a bit of
> component swapping will get you going in a lot of cases. I for one
> will not be bothering. Win 10 will do it for me.
>
>        Also, those running win 7, 8 , and 8.1 can still get a free
> update to 10.

OMG jonzie! yer x-posting to aus.cars! the King of coward castle with be
telling you off. oh, no sorry.. he won't. you're one of his faithful
disciples. devotees don't get chastised only praised.

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

<skonf2$mr9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6626&group=aus.cars#6626

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 20:27:57 +1100
 by: jonz - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 09:27 UTC

On 10/20/2021 8:17 PM, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 20/10/2021 6:18 pm, jonz wrote:

>>> fuck M$! they said windows 10 would be the last windows EVER. now
>>> they've introduced win11 which is incompatible with many older PC's.
>>> this PC i'm using is probably over 10 years old, maybe even 15 years
>>> old, I can't remember when I built it, and running windoze10, and
>>> does everything I need, including gaming. there's really no need to
>>> keep updating PC's if M$ didn't force us to!
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>  Theres another four years of Win 10 support yet..
>>
>>    Quit yer whinging.
>>
>>         If you check win11 requirements you will find a bit of
>> component swapping will get you going in a lot of cases. I for one
>> will not be bothering. Win 10 will do it for me.
>>
>>        Also, those running win 7, 8 , and 8.1 can still get a free
>> update to 10.
>>

> OMG jonzie! yer x-posting to aus.cars! the King of coward castle with
> be telling you off. oh, no sorry.. he won't. you're one of his
> faithful disciples. devotees don't get chastised only praised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Accidental* cross-post you silly old cunt, no mileage in it. <Shrug>

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene
Spafford, 1992

Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

<skqf13$990$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6627&group=aus.cars#6627

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 09:16:11 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 01:16 UTC

On 20/10/2021 5:17 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 20/10/2021 6:18 pm, jonz wrote:

>>> fuck M$! they said windows 10 would be the last windows EVER. now
>>> they've introduced win11 which is incompatible with many older PC's.
>>> this PC i'm using is probably over 10 years old, maybe even 15 years
>>> old, I can't remember when I built it, and running windoze10, and
>>> does everything I need, including gaming. there's really no need to
>>> keep updating PC's if M$ didn't force us to!
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>  Theres another four years of Win 10 support yet..
>>
>>    Quit yer whinging.
>>
>>         If you check win11 requirements you will find a bit of
>> component swapping will get you going in a lot of cases. I for one
>> will not be bothering. Win 10 will do it for me.
>>
>>        Also, those running win 7, 8 , and 8.1 can still get a free
>> update to 10.
>>

> OMG jonzie! yer x-posting to aus.cars! the King of coward castle with be
> telling you off. oh, no sorry.. he won't. you're one of his faithful
> disciples. devotees don't get chastised only praised.

The one dubbed the 'village idiot' by the king of castle coward
cross-posting his remedial 'komputa wisdumb' into an unrelated group...

It's pure comedy gold :-)

Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

<itc4jtFm3rlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6628&group=aus.cars#6628

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 14:20:28 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 03:20 UTC

On 21/10/2021 12:16 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 20/10/2021 5:17 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>  Theres another four years of Win 10 support yet..
>>>
>>>    Quit yer whinging.
>>>
>>>         If you check win11 requirements you will find a bit of
>>> component swapping will get you going in a lot of cases. I for one
>>> will not be bothering. Win 10 will do it for me.
>>>
>>>        Also, those running win 7, 8 , and 8.1 can still get a free
>>> update to 10.
>>>

>> OMG jonzie! yer x-posting to aus.cars! the King of coward castle with
>> be telling you off. oh, no sorry.. he won't. you're one of his
>> faithful disciples. devotees don't get chastised only praised.
>>

> The one dubbed the 'village idiot' by the king of castle coward
> cross-posting his remedial 'komputa wisdumb' into an unrelated group...
>
> It's pure comedy gold :-)

:)

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

<itc4u9Fm6p7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6629&group=aus.cars#6629

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 14:25:59 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 03:25 UTC

On 20/10/2021 8:27 pm, jonz wrote:
> On 10/20/2021 8:17 PM, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>  Theres another four years of Win 10 support yet..
>>>
>>>    Quit yer whinging.
>>>
>>>         If you check win11 requirements you will find a bit of
>>> component swapping will get you going in a lot of cases. I for one
>>> will not be bothering. Win 10 will do it for me.
>>>
>>>        Also, those running win 7, 8 , and 8.1 can still get a free
>>> update to 10.
>>>

>> OMG jonzie! yer x-posting to aus.cars! the King of coward castle with
>> be telling you off. oh, no sorry.. he won't. you're one of his
>> faithful disciples. devotees don't get chastised only praised.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> *Accidental* cross-post you silly old cunt, no mileage in it. <Shrug>

so I get abused cos I'm supposed to know (somehow!) that you've
'accidentally' x-posted? you're not called the village idiot for no good
reason, are you.

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

<skrckg$5da$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6630&group=aus.cars#6630

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 20:41:31 +1100
 by: jonz - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 09:41 UTC

On 10/21/2021 12:16 PM, Clocky wrote:
> On 20/10/2021 5:17 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>  Theres another four years of Win 10 support yet..
>>>
>>>    Quit yer whinging.
>>>
>>>         If you check win11 requirements you will find a bit of
>>> component swapping will get you going in a lot of cases. I for one
>>> will not be bothering. Win 10 will do it for me.
>>>
>>>        Also, those running win 7, 8 , and 8.1 can still get a free
>>> update to 10.
>>>

>> OMG jonzie! yer x-posting to aus.cars! the King of coward castle with
>> be telling you off. oh, no sorry.. he won't. you're one of his
>> faithful disciples. devotees don't get chastised only praised.
>>

> The one dubbed the 'village idiot' by the king of castle coward
> cross-posting his remedial 'komputa wisdumb' into an unrelated group...
>
> It's pure comedy gold :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 WHOO-HOO, lookit that caveman go... :):):)

As I said it (the cross poast) was accidental...Geddit???

     Maybe you would rather discuss *Windscreen Wisdumb*??. Coz, after
all *that* wee gem was *far* from accidental. <FBG>

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene
Spafford, 1992

Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

<skrea3$i8d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6631&group=aus.cars#6631

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 21:10:07 +1100
 by: jonz - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 10:10 UTC

On 10/21/2021 2:25 PM, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 20/10/2021 8:27 pm, jonz wrote:

>>> OMG jonzie! yer x-posting to aus.cars! the King of coward castle
>>> with be telling you off. oh, no sorry.. he won't. you're one of his
>>> faithful disciples. devotees don't get chastised only praised.
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>> *Accidental* cross-post you silly old cunt, no mileage in it. <Shrug>
>>

> so I get abused cos I'm supposed to know (somehow!) that you've
> 'accidentally' x-posted? you're not called the village idiot for no
> good reason, are you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 You wander in half cocked, looking for brownie points, and get zapped.

   Now, in trying to justify yer actions (could have left it alone) you
*confirm* the *silly old cunt* epithet!!.

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene
Spafford, 1992

Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

<itd1sjFrgqlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6633&group=aus.cars#6633

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 22:40:01 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 11:40 UTC

On 21/10/2021 9:10 pm, jonz wrote:
> On 10/21/2021 2:25 PM, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>> *Accidental* cross-post you silly old cunt, no mileage in it. <Shrug>
>>>

>> so I get abused cos I'm supposed to know (somehow!) that you've
>> 'accidentally' x-posted? you're not called the village idiot for no
>> good reason, are you.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>  You wander in half cocked, looking for brownie points, and get zapped.
>
>    Now, in trying to justify yer actions (could have left it alone)
> you *confirm* the  epithet!!.

no stupid, i'm not doing that, just detailing your stupidity. the *silly
old cunt* here is you.

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

<itd1vfFrgqlU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6634&group=aus.cars#6634

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 22:41:34 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 11:41 UTC

On 21/10/2021 8:41 pm, jonz wrote:
> On 10/21/2021 12:16 PM, Clocky wrote:

>>> OMG jonzie! yer x-posting to aus.cars! the King of coward castle
>>> with be telling you off. oh, no sorry.. he won't. you're one of his
>>> faithful disciples. devotees don't get chastised only praised.
>>>

>> The one dubbed the 'village idiot' by the king of castle coward
>> cross-posting his remedial 'komputa wisdumb' into an unrelated group...
>>
>> It's pure comedy gold :-)
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>  WHOO-HOO, lookit that caveman go... :):):)

crawl back in yer hole fukwit

> As I said it (the cross poast) was accidental...Geddit???
>
>      Maybe you would rather discuss *Windscreen Wisdumb*??. Coz, after
> all *that* wee gem was *far* from accidental. <FBG>

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

<sks4ha$auk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6637&group=aus.cars#6637

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 00:29:24 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 16:29 UTC

On 21/10/2021 7:40 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 21/10/2021 9:10 pm, jonz wrote:

>>> so I get abused cos I'm supposed to know (somehow!) that you've
>>> 'accidentally' x-posted? you're not called the village idiot for no
>>> good reason, are you.
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>  You wander in half cocked, looking for brownie points, and get zapped.
>>
>>    Now, in trying to justify yer actions (could have left it alone)
>> you *confirm* the  epithet!!.
>>

> no stupid, i'm not doing that, just detailing your stupidity. the *silly
> old cunt* here is you.

You just know *he* and the narcissistic sociopath he's enabling would
have jumped all over you in perfect synchrony had you "accidentally"
cross posted (for real) the same into this group.

Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

<itdup3F2ej7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6638&group=aus.cars#6638

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 06:53:05 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 19:53 UTC

On 22/10/2021 3:29 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 21/10/2021 7:40 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>  You wander in half cocked, looking for brownie points, and get zapped.
>>>
>>>    Now, in trying to justify yer actions (could have left it alone)
>>> you *confirm* the  epithet!!.
>>>

>> no stupid, i'm not doing that, just detailing your stupidity. the
>> *silly old cunt* here is you.
>>

> You just know *he* and the narcissistic sociopath he's enabling would
> have jumped all over you in perfect synchrony had you "accidentally"
> cross posted (for real) the same into this group.

yes, just imagine the song and dance, lol

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

<J73dJ.2782$6l6.925@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6647&group=aus.cars#6647

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: hagg...@hotmail.com (F Murtz)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 13:01:11 +1100
 by: F Murtz - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 02:01 UTC

On 20/10/21 6:18 pm, jonz wrote:
> On 10/20/2021 5:43 PM, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> On 18/10/2021 3:56 pm, Petzl wrote:

>>> Microsoft have just about got Wn10 working
>>> The reports about WIN11 will require facial recognition and Edge as
>>> the only browser.
>>> If you think thats OK go with it
>>

>> fuck M$! they said windows 10 would be the last windows EVER. now
>> they've introduced win11 which is incompatible with many older PC's.
>> this PC i'm using is probably over 10 years old, maybe even 15 years
>> old, I can't remember when I built it, and running windoze10, and does
>> everything I need, including gaming. there's really no need to keep
>> updating PC's if M$ didn't force us to!
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>  Theres another four years of Win 10 support yet..
>
>    Quit yer whinging.
>
>         If you check win11 requirements you will find a bit of
> component swapping will get you going in a lot of cases. I for one will
> not be bothering. Win 10 will do it for me.
>
>        Also, those running win 7, 8 , and 8.1 can still get a free
> update to 10.

dont know if I am ever going to know,win is too much trouble I am
increasingly using the penguin,I have linux on most computers now and
one laptop has only linux

Re: Goodnews Win II is not compatable

<sl2m3t$8mu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6650&group=aus.cars#6650

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 12:06:15 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 04:06 UTC

On 24/10/2021 10:01 am, F Murtz wrote:
> On 20/10/21 6:18 pm, jonz wrote:

>>> fuck M$! they said windows 10 would be the last windows EVER. now
>>> they've introduced win11 which is incompatible with many older PC's.
>>> this PC i'm using is probably over 10 years old, maybe even 15 years
>>> old, I can't remember when I built it, and running windoze10, and
>>> does everything I need, including gaming. there's really no need to
>>> keep updating PC's if M$ didn't force us to!
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>   Theres another four years of Win 10 support yet..
>>
>>     Quit yer whinging.
>>
>>          If you check win11 requirements you will find a bit of
>> component swapping will get you going in a lot of cases. I for one
>> will not be bothering. Win 10 will do it for me.
>>
>>         Also, those running win 7, 8 , and 8.1 can still get a free
>> update to 10.
>>

> dont know if I am ever going to know,win is too much trouble I am
> increasingly using the penguin,I have linux on most computers now and
> one laptop has only linux

Desktop Linux has never been and never will be an alternative for the
home desktop. It's a kludge at best and a shitshow at it's worst.