Go to a movie tonight. Darkness becomes you.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Should on street garaging be banned

SubjectAuthor
* Should on street garaging be bannedMike Collins
+- Re: Should on street garaging be bannedswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Should on street garaging be bannedJNugent
|`* Re: Should on street garaging be bannedMike Collins
| `* Re: Should on street garaging be bannedJNugent
|  `* Re: Should on street garaging be bannedMike Collins
|   `* Re: Should on street garaging be bannedJNugent
|    `* Re: Should on street garaging be bannedMike Collins
|     +* Re: Should on street garaging be bannedJNugent
|     |`* Re: Should on street garaging be bannedMike Collins
|     | +* Re: Should on street garaging be bannedJNugent
|     | |`* Re: Should on street garaging be bannedMike Collins
|     | | +* Re: Should on street garaging be bannedJNugent
|     | | |`- Re: Should on street garaging be bannedMike Collins
|     | | `- Re: Should on street garaging be bannedswldx...@gmail.com
|     | `- Re: Should on street garaging be bannedswldx...@gmail.com
|     +- Re: Should on street garaging be bannedswldx...@gmail.com
|     `* Re: Should on street garaging be bannedSpike
|      `* Re: Should on street garaging be bannedMike Collins
|       +- Re: Should on street garaging be bannedswldx...@gmail.com
|       +- Re: Should on street garaging be bannedSpike
|       `- Re: Should on street garaging be bannedswldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: Should on street garaging be bannedSpike

1
Should on street garaging be banned

<4fe3eb80-92bc-4a08-860c-6a23a94ff118n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6772&group=uk.rec.cycling#6772

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 11:20:17 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Should on street garaging be banned
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 19:20 UTC

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/parking-nightmare-streets-households-up-23353058

I was cycling along such a road yesterday and the driver behind got angry because he could not get past me and break the speed limit. It was not my fault his fellow motorists caused the problem. I was following the highway code and staying clear of the door zone then pulled over to let the subsidised driver past as soon as it was safe to do so. My reward was foul mouthed abuse and threats of violence from the driver.

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<e8556aae-1430-4217-a535-7c6e12ca6eedn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6773&group=uk.rec.cycling#6773

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 11:30:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Should on street garaging be banned
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 19:30 UTC

On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 7:20:19 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:
> https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/parking-nightmare-streets-households-up-23353058
>
> I was cycling along such a road yesterday and the driver behind got angry because he could not get past me and break the speed limit. It was not my fault his fellow motorists caused the problem. I was following the highway code and staying clear of the door zone then pulled over to let the subsidised driver past as soon as it was safe to do so. My reward was foul mouthed abuse and threats of violence from the driver.

Also in Liverpool:

Dad 'terrified' as he watches Range Rover ram house in Liverpool after it is pelted with bricks.

A home in Liverpool has been left severely damaged after a Range Rover rammed into it after being pelted with bricks.

A neighbour captured the incident on video on Glamis Road in Tuebrook at around 5.30 on Wednesday evening (March 9).

The man, who did not want to be named, said he was left speechless as he watched two men in the street throwing bricks at the car.

Footage shows the men running towards a house and the car accelerating towards them, mounting the pavement, before making off towards Witton Road. Another clip shows the car driving back down Glamis Road at speed before mounting the pavement again.

The two men can be seeing continuing to throw bricks at the Range Rover.
The house was left severely damaged.

The car then does a U-turn and rams into the front of the house, before speeding away from the scene, leaving a pile of rubble in the road.Merseyside Police confirmed nobody was injured during the incident and no arrests were made.Officers arrived at the scene shortly after the incident and sealed off a section of Glamis Road from its junction with Marlborough Road to Witton Road.

The man who recorded the footage told the Liverpool Echo how there is "always something going on" in the street and he often sees "men fighting in the road".He said: "We see men fighting in the road on the corner quite a lot but we have never had anything this bad."I couldn't believe what I was seeing tonight. I have a wife and kids, it's very scary."

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2022-03-10/range-rover-repeatedly-rams-house-after-its-pelted-with-bricks

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<j91oqeFq3l2U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6777&group=uk.rec.cycling#6777

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 20:13:02 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 20:13 UTC

On 11/03/2022 07:20 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/parking-nightmare-streets-households-up-23353058
>
> I was cycling along such a road yesterday and the driver behind got angry because he could not get past me and break the speed limit. It was not my fault his fellow motorists caused the problem. I was following the highway code and staying clear of the door zone then pulled over to let the subsidised driver past as soon as it was safe to do so. My reward was foul mouthed abuse and threats of violence from the driver.

Liverpool, eh?

Had he recognised you? ;-)

On your major point, I'm inclined to agree. Registered motor vehicles
should be garaged off the highway at the keeper's address (except when
away for the night, obviously).

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<f8575c2d-e6ad-4c8f-a834-dbd998cbc368n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6780&group=uk.rec.cycling#6780

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 23:28:36 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 07:28 UTC

On Friday, 11 March 2022 at 20:13:05 UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 11/03/2022 07:20 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
>
> > https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/parking-nightmare-streets-households-up-23353058
> >
> > I was cycling along such a road yesterday and the driver behind got angry because he could not get past me and break the speed limit. It was not my fault his fellow motorists caused the problem. I was following the highway code and staying clear of the door zone then pulled over to let the subsidised driver past as soon as it was safe to do so. My reward was foul mouthed abuse and threats of violence from the driver.

> Liverpool, eh?

Where else would you find such self entitled people. Obviously 'the government' should provide them with all the parking spaces they need even though they don't pay tax. People from Liverpool must be very strong because the cars parked on the footway were obviously lifted rather than driven there because only cyclists drive on pavements.

> Had he recognised you? ;-)

Is there a point? I briefly lived on Portman Road off Smithdown Road, it was a horrible experience.

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<j937fgF3sthU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6783&group=uk.rec.cycling#6783

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 09:29:23 +0000
 by: Spike - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 09:29 UTC

On 11/03/2022 19:20, Mike Collins wrote:

> https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/parking-nightmare-streets-households-up-23353058

> I was cycling along such a road yesterday and the driver behind got angry because he could not get past me and break the speed limit. It was not my fault his fellow motorists caused the problem. I was following the highway code and staying clear of the door zone then pulled over to let the subsidised driver past as soon as it was safe to do so. My reward was foul mouthed abuse and threats of violence from the driver.

Don't cycle in Glasgow, then, as they are squandering half-a-million
bucks providing on-street bicycle shelters.

--
Spike

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<j93k6nF67omU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6793&group=uk.rec.cycling#6793

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:06:31 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:06 UTC

On 12/03/2022 07:28 am, Mike Collins wrote:

> On Friday, 11 March 2022 at 20:13:05 UTC, JNugent wrote:
>> On 11/03/2022 07:20 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
>
>>> https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/parking-nightmare-streets-households-up-23353058
>
>>> I was fairy-cycling along such a road yesterday and the driver behind got angry because he could not get past me and break the speed limit. It was not my fault his fellow motorists caused the problem. I was following the highway code and staying clear of the door zone then pulled over to let the subsidised driver past as soon as it was safe to do so. My reward was foul mouthed abuse and threats of violence from the driver.
>
>> Liverpool, eh?
>>
> Where else would you find such self entitled people. Obviously 'the government' should provide them with all the parking spaces they need even though they don't pay tax. People from Liverpool must be very strong because the cars parked on the footway were obviously lifted rather than driven there because only cyclists drive on pavements.

You'd better sit down for a moment.

You are going to be dismayed that the self-same situation exists all
over the UK and also in France, Italy (ever tried to park a car in a
residential suburb of Rome or Milan?).

Whisper it, but it's the same in New York City.

>> Had he recognised you? ;-)
>
> Is there a point? I briefly lived on Portman Road off Smithdown Road, it was a horrible experience.

I could have told you that.

Smithdown Road isn't what it used to be. You get nowt for nowt.

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<5cb46236-5ff2-4564-92c7-5d1321bd8562n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6797&group=uk.rec.cycling#6797

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 05:37:18 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:37 UTC

On Saturday, 12 March 2022 at 13:06:33 UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 12/03/2022 07:28 am, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> Liverpool, eh?
> >>
> > Where else would you find such self entitled people. Obviously 'the government' should provide them with all the parking spaces they need even though they don't pay tax. People from Liverpool must be very strong because the cars parked on the footway were obviously lifted rather than driven there because only cyclists drive on pavements.
> You'd better sit down for a moment.
>
> You are going to be dismayed that the self-same situation exists all
> over the UK and also in France, Italy (ever tried to park a car in a
> residential suburb of Rome or Milan?).

So you agree pedestrians are at more risk on footways from motorists rather than cyclists.

> Whisper it, but it's the same in New York City.
> >> Had he recognised you? ;-)
> >
> > Is there a point? I briefly lived on Portman Road off Smithdown Road, it was a horrible experience.
> I could have told you that.
>
> Smithdown Road isn't what it used to be. You get nowt for nowt.

How could it get worse?

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<j946b1F9k6iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6803&group=uk.rec.cycling#6803

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 18:16:02 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 18:16 UTC

On 12/03/2022 01:37 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> On Saturday, 12 March 2022 at 13:06:33 UTC, JNugent wrote:

>>> Where else would you find such self entitled people. Obviously 'the government' should provide them with all the parking spaces they need even though they don't pay tax. People from Liverpool must be very strong because the cars parked on the footway were obviously lifted rather than driven there because only cyclists drive on pavements.

>> You'd better sit down for a moment.
>> You are going to be dismayed that the self-same situation exists all
>> over the UK and also in France, Italy (ever tried to park a car in a
>> residential suburb of Rome or Milan?).
>
> So you agree pedestrians are at more risk on footways from motorists rather than cyclists.

Don't be stupid. You were taking about the difficulty of finding parking
spaces.

>> Whisper it, but it's the same in New York City.

That is, the difficulty of finding a parking space in many parts of the
city because kerbside space is pre-empted by locals who have failed to
provide themselves with adequate off-street space.

>>> Is there a point? I briefly lived on Portman Road off Smithdown Road, it was a horrible experience.

>> I could have told you that.
>> Smithdown Road isn't what it used to be. You get nowt for nowt.
>
> How could it get worse?

Since it has undoubtedly become worse in the last fifty years, it could
be worsened by more of the same.

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<64828a6f-5909-40a3-9a38-2446ab0fc0c7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6804&group=uk.rec.cycling#6804

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 10:45:34 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 18:45 UTC

On Saturday, 12 March 2022 at 18:16:05 UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 12/03/2022 01:37 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> You'd better sit down for a moment.
> >> You are going to be dismayed that the self-same situation exists all
> >> over the UK and also in France, Italy (ever tried to park a car in a
> >> residential suburb of Rome or Milan?).
> >
> > So you agree pedestrians are at more risk on footways from motorists rather than cyclists.
> Don't be stupid. You were taking about the difficulty of finding parking
> spaces.

Yet pedestrians are still 200 times as likely to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a cyclist.

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<j94bfcFajhjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6805&group=uk.rec.cycling#6805

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:43:41 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:43 UTC

On 12/03/2022 06:45 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Saturday, 12 March 2022 at 18:16:05 UTC, JNugent wrote:

>>> So you agree pedestrians are at more risk on footways from motorists rather than cyclists.
>> Don't be stupid. You were taking about the difficulty of finding parking
>> spaces.
>
> Yet pedestrians are still 200 times as likely to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a cyclist.

Peer-reviewed figures please.

AND you will need to show the reason why any particular vehicle -
including any fairy-cycle - is on a footway rather than on a carriageway.

Loss of control (for whatever reason*) doesn't count.

[* For example, due to a medical episode, after being hit by another
vehicle or after an enforced swerve to avoid a fairy-cyclist coming
through a red traffic light.]

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<0a95ac41-a03c-42cb-9b54-c5531bbecebfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6806&group=uk.rec.cycling#6806

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:47:32 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:47 UTC

On Saturday, March 12, 2022 at 6:45:36 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:

> Yet pedestrians are still 200 times as likely to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a cyclist.

No wonder, eh?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNBeO7lX0AEmrL8?format=jpg&name=small

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<3b93a17e-ab40-4f35-9068-a97939cb8074n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6809&group=uk.rec.cycling#6809

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 17:22:21 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 01:22 UTC

On Saturday, 12 March 2022 at 19:43:43 UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 12/03/2022 06:45 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> Don't be stupid. You were taking about the difficulty of finding parking
> >> spaces.
> >
> > Yet pedestrians are still 200 times as likely to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a cyclist.
> Peer-reviewed figures please.

Raw data are not published in the peer reviewed literature.
You can do your own research for conclusions based on available data.

> AND you will need to show the reason why any particular vehicle -
> including any fairy-cycle - is on a footway rather than on a carriageway.

Where did I say any vehicle should be on the footway?

> Loss of control (for whatever reason*) doesn't count.
>
> [* For example, due to a medical episode, after being hit by another
> vehicle or after an enforced swerve to avoid a fairy-cyclist coming
> through a red traffic light.]

There is always some excuse why motorists are not to blame for their actions.

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<j96d57Fmf41U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6822&group=uk.rec.cycling#6822

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:24:41 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:24 UTC

On 13/03/2022 01:22 am, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Saturday, 12 March 2022 at 19:43:43 UTC, JNugent wrote:

>>> Yet pedestrians are still 200 times as likely to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a cyclist.
>> Peer-reviewed figures please.
>
> Raw data are not published in the peer reviewed literature.

So where's your evidence?

> You can do your own research for conclusions based on available data.

It was YOUR proposition that "pedestrians are still 200 times as likely
to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a fairy-cyclist" and it
appears that you have no evidence for that claim.

Quelle surprise, eh?

:-)

>> AND you will need to show the reason why any particular vehicle -
>> including any fairy-cycle - is on a footway rather than on a carriageway.
>
> Where did I say any vehicle should be on the footway?

Because your unevidenced claim was: "...pedestrians are still 200 times
as likely to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a cyclist...".

The word "footway", used in your unevidenced claim, is the clue as to
why you would need to show the reason for the vehicle (or fairy-cycle)
being ON the footway.

That's if you were producing evidence, of course.

But you aren't, are you? ;-)

>> Loss of control (for whatever reason*) doesn't count.
>>
>> [* For example, due to a medical episode, after being hit by another
>> vehicle or after an enforced swerve to avoid a fairy-cyclist coming
>> through a red traffic light.]
>
> There is always some excuse why motorists are not to blame for their actions.

Fairy-cyclists fairy-cycle along footways on purpose, not caring two
hoots for the safety of others.

Either that or they are not in control of their own actions and
shouldn't be out allowed on their own.

Which one of those two do you claim it is (don't worry, I shan't ask for
evidence for the one you choose; I wouldn't want to embarrass you any
further).

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<8c32f897-e2fb-4e53-b964-a25fce936a32n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6824&group=uk.rec.cycling#6824

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:27:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:27 UTC

On Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 1:22:23 AM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:

> There is always some excuse why motorists are not to blame for their actions.

How do you imagine Mr Arsehole makes his money from his "blinded by the Sun" scams?

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<49434625-b3b4-4322-83a3-f4ddd53de570n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6826&group=uk.rec.cycling#6826

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:39:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:39 UTC

On Sunday, 13 March 2022 at 14:24:42 UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 13/03/2022 01:22 am, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> Peer-reviewed figures please.
> >
> > Raw data are not published in the peer reviewed literature.
> So where's your evidence?
> > You can do your own research for conclusions based on available data.
> It was YOUR proposition that "pedestrians are still 200 times as likely
> to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a fairy-cyclist" and it
> appears that you have no evidence for that claim.
>
> Quelle surprise, eh?
>
> :-)
> >> AND you will need to show the reason why any particular vehicle -
> >> including any fairy-cycle - is on a footway rather than on a carriageway.
> >
> > Where did I say any vehicle should be on the footway?
> Because your unevidenced claim was: "...pedestrians are still 200 times
> as likely to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a cyclist...".
>
> The word "footway", used in your unevidenced claim, is the clue as to
> why you would need to show the reason for the vehicle (or fairy-cycle)
> being ON the footway.
>
> That's if you were producing evidence, of course.
>
> But you aren't, are you? ;-)

So you have no evidence to support your claim.

> >> Loss of control (for whatever reason*) doesn't count.
> >>
> >> [* For example, due to a medical episode, after being hit by another
> >> vehicle or after an enforced swerve to avoid a fairy-cyclist coming
> >> through a red traffic light.]
> >
> > There is always some excuse why motorists are not to blame for their actions.

Childish drivel snipped.

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<j96eb2FmiboU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6827&group=uk.rec.cycling#6827

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:44:52 +0000
<49434625-b3b4-4322-83a3-f4ddd53de570n@googlegroups.com>
 by: JNugent - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:44 UTC

On 13/03/2022 02:39 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 March 2022 at 14:24:42 UTC, JNugent wrote:

>>> Raw data are not published in the peer reviewed literature.
>> So where's your evidence?
>>> You can do your own research for conclusions based on available data.
>> It was YOUR proposition that "pedestrians are still 200 times as likely
>> to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a fairy-cyclist" and it
>> appears that you have no evidence for that claim.
>>
>> Quelle surprise, eh?
>>
>> :-)
>>>
>>> Where did I say any vehicle should be on the footway?
>> Because your unevidenced claim was: "...pedestrians are still 200 times
>> as likely to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a cyclist...".
>>
>> The word "footway", used in your unevidenced claim, is the clue as to
>> why you would need to show the reason for the vehicle (or fairy-cycle)
>> being ON the footway.
>>
>> That's if you were producing evidence, of course.
>>
>> But you aren't, are you? ;-)
>
> So you have no evidence to support your claim.

I have made no claims.

That was you, that was.

And you have no evidence to support them.

Again.

>>> There is always some excuse why motorists are not to blame for their actions.
>
> Childish drivel snipped.

You didn't snip ALL of your last post!

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<93d2e45c-4100-49f6-b627-ebf0a3151d28n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6829&group=uk.rec.cycling#6829

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 08:20:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 15:20 UTC

On Sunday, 13 March 2022 at 14:44:53 UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 13/03/2022 02:39 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> So where's your evidence?
> >> It was YOUR proposition that "pedestrians are still 200 times as likely
> >> to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a fairy-cyclist" and it
> >> appears that you have no evidence for that claim.
> >>
> >> Quelle surprise, eh?
> >>
> >> :-)

> >> Because your unevidenced claim was: "...pedestrians are still 200 times
> >> as likely to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a cyclist....".
> >>
> >> The word "footway", used in your unevidenced claim, is the clue as to
> >> why you would need to show the reason for the vehicle (or fairy-cycle)
> >> being ON the footway.
> >>
> >> That's if you were producing evidence, of course.
> >>
> >> But you aren't, are you? ;-)
> >
> > So you have no evidence to support your claim.
> I have made no claims.

Keep telling yourself that.

> That was you, that was.
>
> And you have no evidence to support them.
>
> Again.

> > Childish drivel snipped.
> You didn't snip ALL of your last post!

Har! Har! Har! and indeed Har!.

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<j96lrkFnut6U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6839&group=uk.rec.cycling#6839

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:53:07 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:53 UTC

On 12/03/2022 18:45, Mike Collins wrote:

> Yet pedestrians are still 200 times as likely to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a cyclist.

How about comparing the KSI figures for pedestrian-only areas?

--
Spike

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<19de33e1-1fca-4a50-aa42-39986e5f8719n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6840&group=uk.rec.cycling#6840

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 09:54:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:54 UTC

On Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 2:39:12 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:
> > > There is always some excuse why motorists are not to blame for their actions.

Car occupants vs nobody at all!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEi6yDeXMAAnNr4?format=jpg&name=large

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<e007acb1-1add-4deb-9b89-f8dd5f3807dan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6849&group=uk.rec.cycling#6849

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:38:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 21:38 UTC

On Sunday, 13 March 2022 at 16:53:10 UTC, Spike wrote:
> On 12/03/2022 18:45, Mike Collins wrote:
>
> > Yet pedestrians are still 200 times as likely to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a cyclist.
> How about comparing the KSI figures for pedestrian-only areas?
>
> --
> Spike

They would be the ones motorists think are pronounced 'short cut 'or 'free car park'.

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<95334e46-d735-48e3-b2c9-7015add5ed2an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6850&group=uk.rec.cycling#6850

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:40:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 21:40 UTC

On Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 9:38:51 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:

> They would be the ones motorists think are pronounced 'short cut 'or 'free car park'.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19988652.cowley-ltn-road-bollard-allegedly-vandalised/?fbclid=IwAR2ngmHjTfhsccABjqMkMsSYinti2vNg55-LAflA3XJ-b-8xsZSWlZgKHWU

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<j98mekF57blU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6860&group=uk.rec.cycling#6860

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 11:15:32 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 11:15 UTC

On 13/03/2022 21:38, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 March 2022 at 16:53:10 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> On 12/03/2022 18:45, Mike Collins wrote:

>>> Yet pedestrians are still 200 times as likely to be KSI on a footway by a motorist rather than a cyclist.

>> How about comparing the KSI figures for pedestrian-only areas?

> They would be the ones motorists think are pronounced 'short cut 'or 'free car park'.

So, no evidence, then.

--
Spike

Re: Should on street garaging be banned

<dc2aa870-64d6-46f5-a0fe-df1583aa946cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6867&group=uk.rec.cycling#6867

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 04:43:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 11:43 UTC

On Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 9:38:51 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:

> They would be the ones motorists think are pronounced 'short cut 'or 'free car park'.

Or as councils call them, "rat runs".

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Should on street garaging be banned