Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 16:20:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The Kicker
From: cocka...@aussieisp.net.au (corella)
 by: corella - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 23:20 UTC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotropic_virus

"While numerous studies of coronavirus infection in rodents has generated valuable information on the mechanisms of virus induced CNS disease 1.7, the question of coronavirus CNS disease in humans justifiably remains open. Many viruses with confirmed neurotropic potential can infect the CNS of the host following primary infection at extra neural sites. Studies on natural infections of humans and on both natural and experimental infections of animals indicate that viruses enter the CNS primarily through the vascular endothelium8.lo• Infection of CNS tissue may occur after virus replicates in or is transported through endothelial cells8,9. Because of reports linking coronaviruses to human CNS disease"·13 and the observation that peripheral inoculation of JHM into primates results in viral RNA/antigen expression in areas proximal to CNS blood vesselsl4 we have chosen to characterize the in vitro interaction of coronaviruses with both primate and human brain microvascular endo-thelial cells."

Re: The Kicker

<U6mdnS2ijssZHt_8nZ2dnUU7-W-dnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6779&group=aus.politics#6779

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 09:36:36 +1000
Subject: Re: The Kicker
Newsgroups: aus.politics
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
 by: Dechucka - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 23:36 UTC

On 16/09/2021 9:20 am, corella wrote:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotropic_virus
>
> "While numerous studies of coronavirus infection in rodents has generated valuable information on the mechanisms of virus induced CNS disease 1.7, the question of coronavirus CNS disease in humans justifiably remains open. Many viruses with confirmed neurotropic potential can infect the CNS of the host following primary infection at extra neural sites. Studies on natural infections of humans and on both natural and experimental infections of animals indicate that viruses enter the CNS primarily through the vascular endothelium8.lo• Infection of CNS tissue may occur after virus replicates in or is transported through endothelial cells8,9. Because of reports linking coronaviruses to human CNS disease"·13 and the observation that peripheral inoculation of JHM into primates results in viral RNA/antigen expression in areas proximal to CNS blood vesselsl4 we have chosen to characterize the in vitro interaction of coronaviruses with both primate and human brain microvascular endo-thelial cells."

So that's your problem, your brain has been eaten by viruses

aus+uk / aus.politics / Re: The Kicker