From: ema...@address.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: In the Balance
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:16:33 +0000
 by: Tone - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:16 UTC

For over thirty years I have suffered occasional attacks of vertigo,
usually in the early part of the year. At first they were severe and
kept me bed-bound for a couple of weeks.

The ENT horse spittle at Euston couldn't find any cause and put it down
to a flu virus attacking the inner ear.

Over the years the attacks became milder, but always in the period
January to March.

This morning I woke early to find my balance compromised again as soon
as I opened my eyes.

The strange thing is I have had no human contact for seven days. I
haven't been out.

Have just done a Rapid negative Flow Test.

Looks like the cause may be recrudescence of what caused the first attack.

It's on the list of the other dozen things that aren't right with my
body, aside from ageing.

Tone (26 inside)

Re: In the Balance

<srhp5c$vig$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6787&group=uk.rec.sheds#6787

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: In the Balance
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 17:07:54 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 17:07 UTC

Funnily enough, last Thursday afternoon and all of Friday I had tendency to
fall in various directions too. I am given to understand it is indeed a
minor virus,but who knows where we pick them up Its almost gone today, but
Ican still feel that swimmy feel from time to time.
No treatment though I did find that when its bad Ibuprofen seems to
alleviate it along with consuming a lot of water, and peeing a lot!
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tone" <email@address.com> wrote in message
> For over thirty years I have suffered occasional attacks of vertigo,
> usually in the early part of the year. At first they were severe and kept
> me bed-bound for a couple of weeks.
>
> The ENT horse spittle at Euston couldn't find any cause and put it down to
> a flu virus attacking the inner ear.
>
> Over the years the attacks became milder, but always in the period January
> to March.
>
> This morning I woke early to find my balance compromised again as soon as
> I opened my eyes.
>
> The strange thing is I have had no human contact for seven days. I haven't
> been out.
>
> Have just done a Rapid negative Flow Test.
>
> Looks like the cause may be recrudescence of what caused the first attack.
>
> It's on the list of the other dozen things that aren't right with my body,
> aside from ageing.
>
> Tone (26 inside)

Re: In the Balance

<2006813196.663527873.827562.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6788&group=uk.rec.sheds#6788

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 10 Jan 2022 17:21:21 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 17:21 UTC

Tone <email@address.com> wrote:
> For over thirty years I have suffered occasional attacks of vertigo,
> usually in the early part of the year. At first they were severe and
> kept me bed-bound for a couple of weeks.
>
> The ENT horse spittle at Euston couldn't find any cause and put it down
> to a flu virus attacking the inner ear.
>
> Over the years the attacks became milder, but always in the period
> January to March.
>
> This morning I woke early to find my balance compromised again as soon
> as I opened my eyes.
>
> The strange thing is I have had no human contact for seven days. I
> haven't been out.
>
> Have just done a Rapid negative Flow Test.
>
> Looks like the cause may be recrudescence of what caused the first attack.
>
> It's on the list of the other dozen things that aren't right with my
> body, aside from ageing.
>
> Tone (26 inside)

I get bouts of BPPV periodically, usually provoked by turning suddenly in
bed (I think). Sometimes it just seems to happen. Thankfully never seems
to last more than 24hrs in my case.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vertigo/symptoms-causes/syc-20370055

There are special sequences of movements that can sometimes help BPPV (if
that’s what you’ve got).

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/canalith-repositioning-procedure/about/pac-20393315

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: In the Balance

<srijnv$vpd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6792&group=uk.rec.sheds#6792

From: ema...@address.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 00:41:37 +0000
 by: Tone - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 00:41 UTC

On 10/01/2022 17:21, Tim+ wrote:
> Tone <email@address.com> wrote:
>> For over thirty years I have suffered occasional attacks of vertigo,
>> usually in the early part of the year. At first they were severe and
>> kept me bed-bound for a couple of weeks.
>>
>> The ENT horse spittle at Euston couldn't find any cause and put it down
>> to a flu virus attacking the inner ear.
>>
>> Over the years the attacks became milder, but always in the period
>> January to March.
>>
>> This morning I woke early to find my balance compromised again as soon
>> as I opened my eyes.
>>
>> The strange thing is I have had no human contact for seven days. I
>> haven't been out.
>>
>> Have just done a Rapid negative Flow Test.
>>
>> Looks like the cause may be recrudescence of what caused the first attack.
>>
>> It's on the list of the other dozen things that aren't right with my
>> body, aside from ageing.
>>
>> Tone (26 inside)
>>

> I get bouts of BPPV periodically, usually provoked by turning suddenly in
> bed (I think). Sometimes it just seems to happen. Thankfully never seems
> to last more than 24hrs in my case.
>
> https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vertigo/symptoms-causes/syc-20370055
>
> There are special sequences of movements that can sometimes help BPPV (if
> that’s what you’ve got).
>
> https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/canalith-repositioning-procedure/about/pac-20393315
>
> Tim

That never jbexed for me Tim. I just have to move my head slowly and
wait it out for a few days

Tone

Re: In the Balance

<srjgqk$s7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6794&group=uk.rec.sheds#6794

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 08:57:55 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 08:57 UTC

I guess our balance mechanism is very complex. With me now unable to see the
surroundings and instead see random flashing and patterns, you are more
reliant on the ear part, and that was never that good with me. I am the
person who fell off the beam in PE, or gobbed up over the trampoline when
attempting what most kids thought was fun!

"Tim+" <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Tone <email@address.com> wrote:
>> For over thirty years I have suffered occasional attacks of vertigo,
>> usually in the early part of the year. At first they were severe and
>> kept me bed-bound for a couple of weeks.
>>
>> The ENT horse spittle at Euston couldn't find any cause and put it down
>> to a flu virus attacking the inner ear.
>>
>> Over the years the attacks became milder, but always in the period
>> January to March.
>>
>> This morning I woke early to find my balance compromised again as soon
>> as I opened my eyes.
>>
>> The strange thing is I have had no human contact for seven days. I
>> haven't been out.
>>
>> Have just done a Rapid negative Flow Test.
>>
>> Looks like the cause may be recrudescence of what caused the first
>> attack.
>>
>> It's on the list of the other dozen things that aren't right with my
>> body, aside from ageing.
>>
>> Tone (26 inside)
>>

> I get bouts of BPPV periodically, usually provoked by turning suddenly in
> bed (I think). Sometimes it just seems to happen. Thankfully never seems
> to last more than 24hrs in my case.
>
> https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vertigo/symptoms-causes/syc-20370055
>
> There are special sequences of movements that can sometimes help BPPV (if
> that's what you've got).
>
> https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/canalith-repositioning-procedure/about/pac-20393315
>
> Tim
>
> --
> Please don't feed the trolls

Re: In the Balance

<srjgup$1v2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6795&group=uk.rec.sheds#6795

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 09:00:07 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 09:00 UTC

Yes well, apparently some of the arteries in the neck can be narrowed when
you move your head, creating fluctuations in blood pressure and hence oxygen
in the brain. It comes with age apparently. Ho hum.