Got a dictionary? I want to know the meaning of life.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: The Bungalow

SubjectAuthor
* The BungalowSally Thompson
+* The BungalowPenny
|+- The BungalowMike McMillan
|+* The BungalowNick Odell
||`* The BungalowPenny
|| `* The BungalowNick Odell
||  +- The BungalowPenny
||  `- The BungalowJohn Ashby
|`* The BungalowSerena Blanchflower
| `* The BungalowSerena Blanchflower
|  `- The BungalowMike McMillan
`* The Bungalowkrw
 `* The BungalowMike McMillan
  `- The Bungalowkrw

1
The Bungalow

<j80u38Fgm1hU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6787&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6787

From: sally.th...@gmail.com.invalid (Sally Thompson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: The Bungalow
Date: 27 Feb 2022 09:20:40 GMT
 by: Sally Thompson - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 09:20 UTC

I've just done a mammoth catch-up. The last I heard, both Pip and Josh had
their eyes on Bert's bungalow, Josh even turning up with his idea of
suitable paint. Now suddenly Stella has turned up with a view to renting
it. I'm well aware that conversations go on off mic, but there hasn't been
even the slightest comment of " I wanted to rent it but Mum and Dad wanted
a commercial rent". Or did I miss something? Also, I live in a rural
community and farm properties are only available for people who work (or
have worked in Bert's case) on that farm - not neighbouring ones. That's
how they get round planning permission. What am I missing here? Other than
the editor's incompetence.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK

Re: The Bungalow

<89km1hhj6po4phrdncbbrd5sa5fb3lv6jl@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6788&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6788

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: The Bungalow
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:36:46 +0000
 by: Penny - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:36 UTC

On 27 Feb 2022 09:20:40 GMT, Sally Thompson
<sally.thompson000@gmail.com.invalid> scrawled in the dust...

>I've just done a mammoth catch-up. The last I heard, both Pip and Josh had
>their eyes on Bert's bungalow, Josh even turning up with his idea of
>suitable paint. Now suddenly Stella has turned up with a view to renting
>it. I'm well aware that conversations go on off mic, but there hasn't been
>even the slightest comment of " I wanted to rent it but Mum and Dad wanted
>a commercial rent". Or did I miss something? Also, I live in a rural
>community and farm properties are only available for people who work (or
>have worked in Bert's case) on that farm - not neighbouring ones. That's
>how they get round planning permission. What am I missing here? Other than
>the editor's incompetence.

It's one of those mysteries, known only to the editor :(

I believe an agricultural lien can be temporarily suspended. The headmaster
of our village school, whose poor mental health (from running the place)
caused him to quit the job, was allowed to rent an agricultural cottage
down the road, after being evicted from School House (by the vicar, just
before Christmas, in spite of the fact he'd had to wait about a year for
the widow of the previous head to move out). He was in that cottage for
over a year before getting a council bungalow up in the village.

The new head had no wish to live on the premises, which were let to a
teacher from a school in Medway, many miles away (is there such a thing as
an educational lien?).

I'm not sure an agricultural cottage must be used by a worker on the farm
which owns it, though perhaps some monetary compensation might be due to
the owner, from the farm which does employ them. All less complicated when
the farms all belonged to an estate, rather than individual farmers.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: The Bungalow

<svfmjo$qg0$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6789&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6789

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 11:17:12 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Ib/1WHel5r1CJeZ8nLwOAR3sBAw=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 11:17 UTC

Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On 27 Feb 2022 09:20:40 GMT, Sally Thompson
> <sally.thompson000@gmail.com.invalid> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> I've just done a mammoth catch-up. The last I heard, both Pip and Josh had
>> their eyes on Bert's bungalow, Josh even turning up with his idea of
>> suitable paint. Now suddenly Stella has turned up with a view to renting
>> it. I'm well aware that conversations go on off mic, but there hasn't been
>> even the slightest comment of " I wanted to rent it but Mum and Dad wanted
>> a commercial rent". Or did I miss something? Also, I live in a rural
>> community and farm properties are only available for people who work (or
>> have worked in Bert's case) on that farm - not neighbouring ones. That's
>> how they get round planning permission. What am I missing here? Other than
>> the editor's incompetence.
>
> It's one of those mysteries, known only to the editor :(
>
> I believe an agricultural lien can be temporarily suspended. The headmaster
> of our village school, whose poor mental health (from running the place)
> caused him to quit the job, was allowed to rent an agricultural cottage
> down the road, after being evicted from School House (by the vicar, just
> before Christmas, in spite of the fact he'd had to wait about a year for
> the widow of the previous head to move out). He was in that cottage for
> over a year before getting a council bungalow up in the village.
>
> The new head had no wish to live on the premises, which were let to a
> teacher from a school in Medway, many miles away (is there such a thing as
> an educational lien?).
>
> I'm not sure an agricultural cottage must be used by a worker on the farm
> which owns it, though perhaps some monetary compensation might be due to
> the owner, from the farm which does employ them. All less complicated when
> the farms all belonged to an estate, rather than individual farmers.

All sooo much easier. - if you are a S/W for The Archers;-)))

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: The Bungalow

<svg2vi$14ga$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6790&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6790

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 14:48:21 +0000
 by: krw - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 14:48 UTC

On 27.2.22 09:20, Sally Thompson wrote:
> I've just done a mammoth catch-up. The last I heard, both Pip and Josh had
> their eyes on Bert's bungalow, Josh even turning up with his idea of
> suitable paint. Now suddenly Stella has turned up with a view to renting
> it. I'm well aware that conversations go on off mic, but there hasn't been
> even the slightest comment of " I wanted to rent it but Mum and Dad wanted
> a commercial rent". Or did I miss something? Also, I live in a rural
> community and farm properties are only available for people who work (or
> have worked in Bert's case) on that farm - not neighbouring ones. That's
> how they get round planning permission. What am I missing here? Other than
> the editor's incompetence.

Last Fridays' episode covered all of this. Did you miss it?

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: The Bungalow

<n73n1hta8r93sirh5uoftoooohhlbcte0r@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6792&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6792

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:00:37 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:00 UTC

On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:36:46 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
wrote:

>On 27 Feb 2022 09:20:40 GMT, Sally Thompson
><sally.thompson000@gmail.com.invalid> scrawled in the dust...
>
>>I've just done a mammoth catch-up. The last I heard, both Pip and Josh had
>>their eyes on Bert's bungalow, Josh even turning up with his idea of
>>suitable paint. Now suddenly Stella has turned up with a view to renting
>>it. I'm well aware that conversations go on off mic, but there hasn't been
>>even the slightest comment of " I wanted to rent it but Mum and Dad wanted
>>a commercial rent". Or did I miss something? Also, I live in a rural
>>community and farm properties are only available for people who work (or
>>have worked in Bert's case) on that farm - not neighbouring ones. That's
>>how they get round planning permission. What am I missing here? Other than
>>the editor's incompetence.
>
>It's one of those mysteries, known only to the editor :(
>
>I believe an agricultural lien can be temporarily suspended. The headmaster
>of our village school, whose poor mental health (from running the place)
>caused him to quit the job, was allowed to rent an agricultural cottage
>down the road, after being evicted from School House (by the vicar, just
>before Christmas, in spite of the fact he'd had to wait about a year for
>the widow of the previous head to move out). He was in that cottage for
>over a year before getting a council bungalow up in the village.
>
>The new head had no wish to live on the premises, which were let to a
>teacher from a school in Medway, many miles away (is there such a thing as
>an educational lien?).
>
>I'm not sure an agricultural cottage must be used by a worker on the farm
>which owns it, though perhaps some monetary compensation might be due to
>the owner, from the farm which does employ them. All less complicated when
>the farms all belonged to an estate, rather than individual farmers.

Just a random stab at chance[1] did the exiting village head teacher
have the initials GSC?

Nick
[1]I heard Akram Khan on This Cultural Life last night so now I know
that anything is possible. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0014wng

Re: The Bungalow

<svg4a4$rfh$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6793&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6793

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:11:00 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Ae58Lf3nzi2K2TvRHBXNXGNhskE=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:11 UTC

krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 27.2.22 09:20, Sally Thompson wrote:
>> I've just done a mammoth catch-up. The last I heard, both Pip and Josh had
>> their eyes on Bert's bungalow, Josh even turning up with his idea of
>> suitable paint. Now suddenly Stella has turned up with a view to renting
>> it. I'm well aware that conversations go on off mic, but there hasn't been
>> even the slightest comment of " I wanted to rent it but Mum and Dad wanted
>> a commercial rent". Or did I miss something? Also, I live in a rural
>> community and farm properties are only available for people who work (or
>> have worked in Bert's case) on that farm - not neighbouring ones. That's
>> how they get round planning permission. What am I missing here? Other than
>> the editor's incompetence.
>>

> Last Fridays' episode covered all of this. Did you miss it?

Along with many otherRats, I’ve been missing the Friday episodes for some
time.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: The Bungalow

<svg50o$6bs$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6794&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6794

From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:23:04 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:23 UTC

On 27/02/2022 10:36, Penny wrote:
> On 27 Feb 2022 09:20:40 GMT, Sally Thompson
> <sally.thompson000@gmail.com.invalid> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> I've just done a mammoth catch-up. The last I heard, both Pip and Josh had
>> their eyes on Bert's bungalow, Josh even turning up with his idea of
>> suitable paint. Now suddenly Stella has turned up with a view to renting
>> it. I'm well aware that conversations go on off mic, but there hasn't been
>> even the slightest comment of " I wanted to rent it but Mum and Dad wanted
>> a commercial rent". Or did I miss something? Also, I live in a rural
>> community and farm properties are only available for people who work (or
>> have worked in Bert's case) on that farm - not neighbouring ones. That's
>> how they get round planning permission. What am I missing here? Other than
>> the editor's incompetence.
>
> It's one of those mysteries, known only to the editor :(
>
> I believe an agricultural lien can be temporarily suspended. The headmaster
> of our village school, whose poor mental health (from running the place)
> caused him to quit the job, was allowed to rent an agricultural cottage
> down the road, after being evicted from School House (by the vicar, just
> before Christmas, in spite of the fact he'd had to wait about a year for
> the widow of the previous head to move out). He was in that cottage for
> over a year before getting a council bungalow up in the village.
>
> The new head had no wish to live on the premises, which were let to a
> teacher from a school in Medway, many miles away (is there such a thing as
> an educational lien?).
>
> I'm not sure an agricultural cottage must be used by a worker on the farm
> which owns it, though perhaps some monetary compensation might be due to
> the owner, from the farm which does employ them. All less complicated when
> the farms all belonged to an estate, rather than individual farmers.

I have a vague memory that, after David and Ruth moved to Brookfield,
they had the agricultural tie broken, so they could use the bungalow for
holiday lets. I do have some eggs in the kitchen though, should they
be needed...

--
Best wishes, Serena
Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible (Dalai Lama)

Re: The Bungalow

<svg5in$bir$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6795&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6795

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:32:42 +0000
 by: krw - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:32 UTC

On 27.2.22 15:11, Mike McMillan wrote:
> krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>> On 27.2.22 09:20, Sally Thompson wrote:
>>> I've just done a mammoth catch-up. The last I heard, both Pip and Josh had
>>> their eyes on Bert's bungalow, Josh even turning up with his idea of
>>> suitable paint. Now suddenly Stella has turned up with a view to renting
>>> it. I'm well aware that conversations go on off mic, but there hasn't been
>>> even the slightest comment of " I wanted to rent it but Mum and Dad wanted
>>> a commercial rent". Or did I miss something? Also, I live in a rural
>>> community and farm properties are only available for people who work (or
>>> have worked in Bert's case) on that farm - not neighbouring ones. That's
>>> how they get round planning permission. What am I missing here? Other than
>>> the editor's incompetence.
>>>

>> Last Fridays' episode covered all of this. Did you miss it?
>>

> Along with many otherRats, I’ve been missing the Friday episodes for some
> time.

They still record in the village - they just forget to transmit.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: The Bungalow

<svggvr$b3f$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6796&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6796

From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 18:47:23 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 18:47 UTC

On 27/02/2022 18:29, Vicky wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:23:04 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
> <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 27/02/2022 10:36, Penny wrote:
>>> On 27 Feb 2022 09:20:40 GMT, Sally Thompson
>>> <sally.thompson000@gmail.com.invalid> scrawled in the dust...

>>> It's one of those mysteries, known only to the editor :(
>>>
>>> I believe an agricultural lien can be temporarily suspended. The headmaster
>>> of our village school, whose poor mental health (from running the place)
>>> caused him to quit the job, was allowed to rent an agricultural cottage
>>> down the road, after being evicted from School House (by the vicar, just
>>> before Christmas, in spite of the fact he'd had to wait about a year for
>>> the widow of the previous head to move out). He was in that cottage for
>>> over a year before getting a council bungalow up in the village.
>>>
>>> The new head had no wish to live on the premises, which were let to a
>>> teacher from a school in Medway, many miles away (is there such a thing as
>>> an educational lien?).
>>>
>>> I'm not sure an agricultural cottage must be used by a worker on the farm
>>> which owns it, though perhaps some monetary compensation might be due to
>>> the owner, from the farm which does employ them. All less complicated when
>>> the farms all belonged to an estate, rather than individual farmers.
>>
>> I have a vague memory that, after David and Ruth moved to Brookfield,
>> they had the agricultural tie broken, so they could use the bungalow for
>> holiday lets. I do have some eggs in the kitchen though, should they
>> be needed...
>
> Was that perhaps because ownership moved from the Brookfield estate to
> Phil and Jill? Or..they'd have been farm workers I suppose.

No, the ownership of the bungalow didn't change but that was when Phil
and Jill bought Glebe Cottage and moved there, with David, Ruth and
their children moving to Brookfield. The Bungalow wasn't needed for a
farm worker at the time, so they wanted to use it for holiday lets and
needed to get the agricultural tie broken.

--
Best wishes, Serena
Everything changes, nothing remains without change. (Buddha)

Re: The Bungalow

<4fun1hhvie84oi10n8damqrom5dts4er0h@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6799&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6799

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 23:01:44 +0000
 by: Penny - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 23:01 UTC

On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:00:37 +0000, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> scrawled in the dust...

>On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:36:46 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
>wrote:

>>I believe an agricultural lien can be temporarily suspended. The headmaster
>>of our village school, whose poor mental health (from running the place)
>>caused him to quit the job, was allowed to rent an agricultural cottage
>>down the road, after being evicted from School House (by the vicar, just
>>before Christmas, in spite of the fact he'd had to wait about a year for
>>the widow of the previous head to move out). He was in that cottage for
>>over a year before getting a council bungalow up in the village.

>Just a random stab at chance[1] did the exiting village head teacher
>have the initials GSC?

No, he was VP (no idea if there was a middle initial).
He later worked for us in the copy shop where I helped, in some small way,
to dispell his fear of computers. When he got tired of spending much of
every day on his feet, he moved on to a data entry job elsewhere, but
remained a neighbour in the village.

>Nick
>[1]I heard Akram Khan on This Cultural Life last night so now I know
>that anything is possible. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0014wng

I didn't, so I don't know what you're talking about.
Who is GSC?
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: The Bungalow

<svi0qe$ije$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6800&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6800

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 08:23:42 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:LZIIPeozxVBTpmSFEJNNguKTGdo=
 by: Mike McMillan - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 08:23 UTC

Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
> On 27/02/2022 18:29, Vicky wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:23:04 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
>> <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:

>>> I have a vague memory that, after David and Ruth moved to Brookfield,
>>> they had the agricultural tie broken, so they could use the bungalow for
>>> holiday lets. I do have some eggs in the kitchen though, should they
>>> be needed...
>>
>> Was that perhaps because ownership moved from the Brookfield estate to
>> Phil and Jill? Or..they'd have been farm workers I suppose.
>
> No, the ownership of the bungalow didn't change but that was when Phil
> and Jill bought Glebe Cottage and moved there, with David, Ruth and
> their children moving to Brookfield. The Bungalow wasn't needed for a
> farm worker at the time, so they wanted to use it for holiday lets and
> needed to get the agricultural tie broken.

The S.W.’s have the power so… ‘Let it be so.’

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: The Bungalow

<6fdp1h5ftrdckvhj9u5l988nrjsh8gv5u0@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6801&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6801

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 11:56:28 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 11:56 UTC

On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 23:01:44 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:00:37 +0000, Nick Odell
><nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> scrawled in the dust...
>
>>On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:36:46 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
>>wrote:
>
>>>I believe an agricultural lien can be temporarily suspended. The headmaster
>>>of our village school, whose poor mental health (from running the place)
>>>caused him to quit the job, was allowed to rent an agricultural cottage
>>>down the road, after being evicted from School House (by the vicar, just
>>>before Christmas, in spite of the fact he'd had to wait about a year for
>>>the widow of the previous head to move out). He was in that cottage for
>>>over a year before getting a council bungalow up in the village.
>
>>Just a random stab at chance[1] did the exiting village head teacher
>>have the initials GSC?
>
>No, he was VP (no idea if there was a middle initial).
>He later worked for us in the copy shop where I helped, in some small way,
>to dispell his fear of computers. When he got tired of spending much of
>every day on his feet, he moved on to a data entry job elsewhere, but
>remained a neighbour in the village.
>
>>Nick
>>[1]I heard Akram Khan on This Cultural Life last night so now I know
>>that anything is possible. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0014wng
>
>I didn't, so I don't know what you're talking about.

From about 28m in, Khan talks about a series of what might be
coincidences that happened one night in Sydney but which he claims
have much greater significance for him. I thought the coincidence that
GSC (one of my oldest friends) was invalided out a north Kent
headteachership with burn out after succeeding so well at his job that
the education authority piled more and more of their problems on him
until they broke him, was worth pursuing. After all how many head
teachers could the LEA break?

Nick

Re: The Bungalow

<59gp1hhfps82pvonfirgtjutckb2fl1hfr@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6802&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6802

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 12:41:42 +0000
 by: Penny - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 12:41 UTC

On Mon, 28 Feb 2022 11:56:28 +0000, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> scrawled in the dust...

>On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 23:01:44 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:00:37 +0000, Nick Odell
>><nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> scrawled in the dust...

>>>Just a random stab at chance[1] did the exiting village head teacher
>>>have the initials GSC?
>>
>>No, he was VP (no idea if there was a middle initial).
>>He later worked for us in the copy shop where I helped, in some small way,
>>to dispell his fear of computers. When he got tired of spending much of
>>every day on his feet, he moved on to a data entry job elsewhere, but
>>remained a neighbour in the village.
>>
>>>Nick
>>>[1]I heard Akram Khan on This Cultural Life last night so now I know
>>>that anything is possible. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0014wng
>>
>>I didn't, so I don't know what you're talking about.
>
>From about 28m in, Khan talks about a series of what might be
>coincidences that happened one night in Sydney but which he claims
>have much greater significance for him. I thought the coincidence that
>GSC (one of my oldest friends) was invalided out a north Kent
>headteachership with burn out after succeeding so well at his job that
>the education authority piled more and more of their problems on him
>until they broke him, was worth pursuing. After all how many head
>teachers could the LEA break?
>
>Nick

Well, it managed to break his successor, for whom I later worked, and then
it was well on the way to breaking her successor (also my boss), when it
broke me :(

I don't think the LEA were to blame for all of these - OFSTED played its
part - and it was the side-effects of Medway becoming a unitary authority,
thereby losing all the staff who worked in the education office there,
which broke me.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: The Bungalow

<svihdj$gd3$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6805&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6805

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 13:06:59 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 13:06 UTC

On 28/02/2022 11:56, Nick Odell wrote:

> After all how many head
> teachers could the LEA break?

As Penny implies, How many have you got?

john