Show your affection, which will probably meet with pleasant response.

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands level crossing,, Published,,10 minutes ago

SubjectAuthor
* BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands level crossing,,JMB99
+* BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands level crossing,, Published,,10Scott
|`* BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands levelGraeme Wall
| `- BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands level crossing,, Published,,10Charles Ellson
`* BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands levelNY
 +- BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands levelMike Humphrey
 `- BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands levelJMB99

1
BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands level crossing,, Published,,10 minutes ago

<ujqm56$2deip$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=68043&group=uk.railway#68043

From: mb...@nospam.net (JMB99)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands level crossing,,
Published,,10 minutes ago
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:22:45 +0000
 by: JMB99 - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:22 UTC

A car has been struck by a train at a level crossing in the Highlands.

Emergency services were called to the site near Barbaraville in Easter
Ross at about 15:19.

British Transport Police said no-one was reported to have been injured,
and inquiries into the incident were ongoing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-67524238

Re: BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands level crossing,, Published,,10 minutes ago

<21p1miho68adnu7iiautar720uqs594kfj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=68047&group=uk.railway#68047

From: newsgro...@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands level crossing,, Published,,10 minutes ago
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:59:54 +0000
 by: Scott - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:59 UTC

On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:22:45 +0000, JMB99 <mb@nospam.net> wrote:

>A car has been struck by a train at a level crossing in the Highlands.
>
>Emergency services were called to the site near Barbaraville in Easter
>Ross at about 15:19.
>
>British Transport Police said no-one was reported to have been injured,
>and inquiries into the incident were ongoing.
>
>https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-67524238

*IF* it turns out that the car driver is responsible for this
incident, I wonder what liabilities his/her insurer will incur. I seem
to remember the distinction being between consequential losses and
pure economic loss.

Re: BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands level crossing,, Published,,10 minutes ago

<ujqvup$2evjg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=68058&group=uk.railway#68058

From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands level
crossing,, Published,,10 minutes ago
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 20:10:01 +0000
 by: Graeme Wall - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 20:10 UTC

On 24/11/2023 17:59, Scott wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:22:45 +0000, JMB99 <mb@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> A car has been struck by a train at a level crossing in the Highlands.
>>
>> Emergency services were called to the site near Barbaraville in Easter
>> Ross at about 15:19.
>>
>> British Transport Police said no-one was reported to have been injured,
>> and inquiries into the incident were ongoing.
>>
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-67524238
>
> *IF* it turns out that the car driver is responsible for this
> incident, I wonder what liabilities his/her insurer will incur. I seem
> to remember the distinction being between consequential losses and
> pure economic loss.

Any damage to the train and the crossing infrastructure.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands level crossing,, Published,,10 minutes ago

<0g82mih1uq9rlid9gkpbun0sst5t1r7ard@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=68074&group=uk.railway#68074

From: charlese...@btinternet.com (Charles Ellson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 22:29:18 +0000
 by: Charles Ellson - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 22:29 UTC

On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 20:10:01 +0000, Graeme Wall
<rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>On 24/11/2023 17:59, Scott wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:22:45 +0000, JMB99 <mb@nospam.net> wrote:
>>
>>> A car has been struck by a train at a level crossing in the Highlands.
>>>
>>> Emergency services were called to the site near Barbaraville in Easter
>>> Ross at about 15:19.
>>>
>>> British Transport Police said no-one was reported to have been injured,
>>> and inquiries into the incident were ongoing.
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-67524238
>>
>> *IF* it turns out that the car driver is responsible for this
>> incident, I wonder what liabilities his/her insurer will incur. I seem
>> to remember the distinction being between consequential losses and
>> pure economic loss.
>
>Any damage to the train and the crossing infrastructure.

That is the basic starting point but liability can spread further
depending on the degree and form of association between any claimed
harm and the root event. Scots Law varies from English Law and IMU in
recent years the later has borrowed from the former WRT remoteness.

Re: BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands level crossing,, Published,,10 minutes ago

<LoSdnZwC-o4JUvz4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=68086&group=uk.railway#68086

Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 10:42:26 +0000
From: me...@privacy.net (NY)
crossing,, Published,,10 minutes ago
Newsgroups: uk.railway
 by: NY - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 10:42 UTC

On 24/11/2023 17:22, JMB99 wrote:
> A car has been struck by a train at a level crossing in the Highlands.
>
> Emergency services were called to the site near Barbaraville in Easter
> Ross at about 15:19.
>
> British Transport Police said no-one was reported to have been injured,
> and inquiries into the incident were ongoing.
>

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-67524238

There's still no photo or detailed map on the BBC, so I can't tell
whether it was a public road (with wig-wag lights and barriers, or else
gates operated by a crossing keeper) or whether it was a private road
with one of the many different forms of crossing which usually involve
the driver phoning for permission and then manually operating a
gate/barrier rather that indicating the go/no-go state of the crossing
at all times.

Re: BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands level crossing,, Published,,10 minutes ago

<ujskch$2p804$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=68089&group=uk.railway#68089

From: mai...@michaelhumphrey.me.uk (Mike Humphrey)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
crossing,, Published,,10 minutes ago
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 11:04:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mike Humphrey - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 11:04 UTC

On Sat, 25 Nov 2023 10:42:26 +0000, NY wrote:
> There's still no photo or detailed map on the BBC, so I can't tell
> whether it was a public road (with wig-wag lights and barriers, or else
> gates operated by a crossing keeper) or whether it was a private road
> with one of the many different forms of crossing which usually involve
> the driver phoning for permission and then manually operating a
> gate/barrier rather that indicating the go/no-go state of the crossing
> at all times.

As the location was given as Barbaraville, I'd guess it's the crossing at
the former Delny station - https://maps.app.goo.gl/ab885ZJzjnQ52VDS6
This is a public AHB crossing. There's a private crossing some way to the
west, though I wouldn't have thought that would be described as
Barabaraville.

Mike

Re: BBC News: Car and train in collision at Highlands level crossing,, Published,,10 minutes ago

<ujtrm6$2uu5e$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=68105&group=uk.railway#68105

From: mb...@nospam.net (JMB99)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
crossing,, Published,,10 minutes ago
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:15:33 +0000
 by: JMB99 - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:15 UTC

On 25/11/2023 10:42, NY wrote:
> There's still no photo or detailed map on the BBC, so I can't tell
> whether it was a public road (with wig-wag lights and barriers, or else
> gates operated by a crossing keeper) or whether it was a private road
> with one of the many different forms of crossing which usually involve
> the driver phoning for permission and then manually operating a
> gate/barrier rather that indicating the go/no-go state of the crossing
> at all times.

The P&J call it the Delny Level Crossing but it is between the two places.