Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux (Unknown source)

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24 hours later

SubjectAuthor
* LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24 hours laterswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24JNugent
+* Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24swldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24Spike
| `- Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24JNugent
+* Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24swldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24JNugent
`- Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24swldx...@gmail.com

1
LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24 hours later

<9af1d347-8a3b-4221-92e4-dc06cd142351n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6813&group=uk.rec.cycling#6813

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 04:12:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24 hours later
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 11:12 UTC

A low traffic neighbourhood (LTN) bollard in Oxford, recently replaced due to vandalism, lasted just 24 hours before being targeted again, allegedly by a road user ramming it off the road where it was stopping motorists drive past a primary school.

On Thursday, Cllr Charlie Hicks proudly shared the news that the Temple Road bollard, in the Cowley area of the city, had been installed.

"The bollard survived less than 24 hours," the Labour councillor reported on Friday, asking Thames Valley Police to look into the vandalism or theft.

"Someone unilaterally decided that their convenience to drive their car down a side street past a primary school was more important than children's safety walking and cycling to school, using their car to ram and take it out," Cllr Hicks said.

The vandalism saga dates back to March 2021 when a foldable bollard was first installed to encourage cycling and walking on the road which runs past St Christophers Primary School.

However, last month it was vandalised, before being reinstalled on Thursday, prompting the councillor to ask for a more "robust" alternative to stop vandals ramming it off the road, as is believed to have happened to the previous bollards.

The majority of LTNs in the Cowley area of the city were installed in March 2020 under an Experimental Traffic Order to reduce congestion by preventing rat-running drivers cutting through quieter roads.

The Oxford Mail (link is external) reports the scheme has proved controversial, with "ardent supporters, campaigning for quieter, safer streets" opposed by traders who say the scheme has had a detrimental impact on business.

It is not the first incident of anti-social LTN vandalism in the area however. Last May an anonymous DJ put up a £1,000 reward for the safe return of a gnome stolen from an LTN planter on neighbouring Salegate Lane.

The reward was accompanied by missing posters calling for the gnomenapper who took 'PC Plod' to return the decorative policeman to his planter.

https://road.cc/content/news/ltn-bollard-lasts-24-hours-getting-vandalised-291035

Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24 hours later

<j96cetFm9uhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6819&group=uk.rec.cycling#6819

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24
hours later
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:12:46 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:12 UTC

On 13/03/2022 11:12 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> A low traffic neighbourhood (LTN) bollard in Oxford, recently replaced due to vandalism, lasted just 24 hours before being targeted again, allegedly by a road user ramming it off the road where it was stopping motorists drive past a primary school.

So no actual evidence, then?

It was probably a chav on a fairy-bike.

> On Thursday, Cllr Charlie Hicks proudly shared the news that the Temple Road bollard, in the Cowley area of the city, had been installed.
>
> "The bollard survived less than 24 hours," the Labour councillor reported on Friday, asking Thames Valley Police to look into the vandalism or theft.
>
> "Someone unilaterally decided that their convenience to drive their car down a side street past a primary school was more important than children's safety walking and cycling to school, using their car to ram and take it out," Cllr Hicks said.

He has no evidence to support that claim. None at all.

It was probably a chav on a fairy-bike.

> The vandalism saga dates back to March 2021 when a foldable bollard was first installed to encourage cycling and walking on the road which runs past St Christophers Primary School.
>
> However, last month it was vandalised, before being reinstalled on Thursday, prompting the councillor to ask for a more "robust" alternative to stop vandals ramming it off the road, as is believed to have happened to the previous bollards.

Catch that chav on the fairy-bike. They're the ones who like speeding
past schools. Ask Mason, who has self-confessed form for that very
behaviour (and boasted about it). It might have been him for all anyone
knows.

> The majority of LTNs in the Cowley area of the city were installed in March 2020 under an Experimental Traffic Order to reduce congestion by preventing rat-running drivers cutting through quieter roads.
>
> The Oxford Mail (link is external) reports the scheme has proved controversial, with "ardent supporters, campaigning for quieter, safer streets" opposed by traders who say the scheme has had a detrimental impact on business.
>
> It is not the first incident of anti-social LTN vandalism in the area however. Last May an anonymous DJ put up a £1,000 reward for the safe return of a gnome stolen from an LTN planter on neighbouring Salegate Lane.
>
> The reward was accompanied by missing posters calling for the gnomenapper who took 'PC Plod' to return the decorative policeman to his planter.
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/ltn-bollard-lasts-24-hours-getting-vandalised-291035

Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24 hours later

<8febf254-72fe-4dbf-9660-58f7ba05c819n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6847&group=uk.rec.cycling#6847

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 12:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
hours later
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 19:00 UTC

wtjs | 1651 posts | 47 min ago
0 likes
Someone unilaterally decided that their convenience to drive their car down a side street past a primary school was more important than children's safety walking and cycling to school, using their car to ram.

Of course! This is what anti-social scum are like

> https://road.cc/content/news/ltn-bollard-lasts-24-hours-getting-vandalised-291035

Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24 hours later

<j98md4F57blU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6859&group=uk.rec.cycling#6859

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hours later
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 11:14:45 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 11:14 UTC

On 13/03/2022 19:00, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> wtjs | 1651 posts | 47 min ago
> 0 likes

> Someone unilaterally decided that their convenience to drive their car down a side street past a primary school was more important than children's safety walking and cycling to school, using their car to ram.

Sentence first! Verdict later! - the wacky world of evidence-free
cycling justice.

--
Spike

Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24 hours later

<6fb57809-4b6b-4d5c-b019-8e7fdff4107fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6864&group=uk.rec.cycling#6864

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 04:36:11 -0700 (PDT)
hours later
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 11:36 UTC

On Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 11:12:14 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
JustTryingToGet... | 90 posts | 3 hours ago
2 likes

Next months mortgage payment says that the prick that did this also describes cyclists and other vulnerable road users as 'entitled '.

> https://road.cc/content/news/ltn-bollard-lasts-24-hours-getting-vandalised-291035

Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24 hours later

<j98rliF66kbU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6878&group=uk.rec.cycling#6878

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hours later
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 12:44:35 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 12:44 UTC

On 14/03/2022 11:36 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 11:12:14 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Talking to yourself yet *again*?

> JustTryingToGet... | 90 posts | 3 hours ago
> 2 likes
>
> Next months mortgage payment says that the prick that did this also describes cyclists and other vulnerable road users as 'entitled '.
>
>> https://road.cc/content/news/ltn-bollard-lasts-24-hours-getting-vandalised-291035

It is highly likely to BE a fairy-cyclist (a/k/a a disqualified
"driver") who did it.

Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24 hours later

<j98rmgF66kbU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6879&group=uk.rec.cycling#6879

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hours later
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 12:45:04 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 12:45 UTC

On 14/03/2022 11:14 am, Spike wrote:

> On 13/03/2022 19:00, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> wtjs | 1651 posts | 47 min ago
>> 0 likes
>
>> Someone unilaterally decided that their convenience to drive their car down a side street past a primary school was more important than children's safety walking and cycling to school, using their car to ram.
>
> Sentence first! Verdict later! - the wacky world of evidence-free
> cycling justice.

:-)

Re: LTN bollard replaced after vandalism disappears less than 24 hours later

<9e5b3c74-a461-4ff4-8099-ab7d3964cde2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6885&group=uk.rec.cycling#6885

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 07:56:03 -0700 (PDT)
hours later
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 14:56 UTC

On Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 11:12:14 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
Lukas | 515 posts | 8 hours ago
0 likes
'opposed by traders who say the scheme has had a detrimental impact on business'

I bet they have no evidence to support that.

THEY NEVER DO -SM.