One family builds a wall, two families enjoy it.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parking offenders

SubjectAuthor
* Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parking offendersswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parkingJNugent
+* Re: Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parking offendersswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parkingJNugent
|`- Re: Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parkingSpike
`- Re: Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parking offendersswldx...@gmail.com

1
Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parking offenders

<b9220e19-8ebe-441d-9485-371e579955dfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6807&group=uk.rec.cycling#6807

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 12:05:55 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parking offenders
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 20:05 UTC

Persistent parking offenders could have their vehicles seized as part of a Plymouth City Council crackdown.

Drivers who consistently break rules or block work sites or event access routes could have their vehicles removed and immobilised under the new rules.

There are currently 692 vehicles in Plymouth classed as persistent evaders, with a total of 4,702 outstanding penalty charge notices.

Cllr Jonathon Drean, cabinet member for transport, has signed an executive order which gives the council the power to remove vehicles and keep them in a secure compound until a release fee is paid.

Cllr Drean said: “We made a commitment to step up parking enforcement in the city and these new proposals will help us to keep Plymouth’s roads safe by providing greater powers to address hazards and obstructions caused by a small minority of inconsiderate motorists.

“This will greatly help us to ensure motorists do not accrue unpaid or unchallenged parking fines going forward, whilst helping us seek to recover unpaid and unchallenged fines where recovery has not been possible due to registered keepers not updating registered keeper records.

"I’m delighted that we have these new powers and I hope that those who do flout the law see this as a warning that we won’t hesitate to seize their vehicles.”

The city council says it is grappling with the issue of motorists ignoring traffic orders designed to keep roads clear for cleaning and resurfacing work.

A statement says: "Similarly, as the city prepares to deliver a programme of world class events, risks remain that vehicles parked in contravention to traffic orders for authorised events may adversely affect events and/or cause security concerns.

"The new powers also mean the Council can remove any vehicle that is preventing or restricting works or authorised events."

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/plymouth-drivers-face-having-vehicles-6780395?fbclid=IwAR3JWS3WkV30XVtRcQUWUuyLqvd_23gMFi6X-4PCVBNd3R3ILOB-RwmAolU

Re: Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parking offenders

<j96d9tFmf41U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6823&group=uk.rec.cycling#6823

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parking
offenders
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:27:11 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:27 UTC

> Persistent parking offenders could have their vehicles seized as part of a Plymouth City Council crackdown.
>
> Drivers who consistently break rules or block work sites or event access routes could have their vehicles removed and immobilised under the new rules.
>
> There are currently 692 vehicles in Plymouth classed as persistent evaders, with a total of 4,702 outstanding penalty charge notices.
>
> Cllr Jonathon Drean, cabinet member for transport, has signed an executive order which gives the council the power to remove vehicles and keep them in a secure compound until a release fee is paid.
>
> Cllr Drean said: “We made a commitment to step up parking enforcement in the city and these new proposals will help us to keep Plymouth’s roads safe by providing greater powers to address hazards and obstructions caused by a small minority of inconsiderate motorists.
>
> “This will greatly help us to ensure motorists do not accrue unpaid or unchallenged parking fines going forward, whilst helping us seek to recover unpaid and unchallenged fines where recovery has not been possible due to registered keepers not updating registered keeper records.
>
> "I’m delighted that we have these new powers and I hope that those who do flout the law see this as a warning that we won’t hesitate to seize their vehicles.”
>
> The city council says it is grappling with the issue of motorists ignoring traffic orders designed to keep roads clear for cleaning and resurfacing work.
>
> A statement says: "Similarly, as the city prepares to deliver a programme of world class events, risks remain that vehicles parked in contravention to traffic orders for authorised events may adversely affect events and/or cause security concerns.
>
> "The new powers also mean the Council can remove any vehicle that is preventing or restricting works or authorised events."
>
> https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/plymouth-drivers-face-having-vehicles-6780395?fbclid=IwAR3JWS3WkV30XVtRcQUWUuyLqvd_23gMFi6X-4PCVBNd3R3ILOB-RwmAolU

Sounds good, especially, I suspect, to those of us (including myself)
who would rather abort the trip and go home rather than park dangerously
or unlawfully.

It probably won't worry fairy-cyclists (a/k/a disqualified drivers).

Re: Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parking offenders

<7a94d61e-4228-41ed-b579-20d41e7bf2b9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6825&group=uk.rec.cycling#6825

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:28:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:28 UTC

On Saturday, March 12, 2022 at 8:05:56 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
2 days ago

Yes there is too much of it ,also why do the school run drivers get away with blocking our roads mornings and afternoons.

2 days ago

Parking on the pavement should incur three penalty points and mobile phone use should warrant a six month ban.

And bins blocking pavements - fly tipping - £30 fine.

Re: Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parking offenders

<j96eltFmnqfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6828&group=uk.rec.cycling#6828

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
offenders
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:50:39 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:50 UTC

> On Saturday, March 12, 2022 at 8:05:56 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Talking to yourself yet again?

> 2 days ago
>
> Yes there is too much of it ,also why do the school run drivers get away with blocking our roads mornings and afternoons.
>
> 2 days ago
>
> Parking on the pavement should incur three penalty points and mobile phone use should warrant a six month ban.
>
> And bins blocking pavements [thereby obstructing the route for fairy-cyclists - Ed.] - fly tipping - £30 fine.

Tell that to the district council here. They INSIST that bins must be
left in public space (specifically, on the footway) and that their staff
will not enter onto private property either to take control of the bin
nor to return it.

And of course, the district council would be the authority responsible
for enforcing any "non-obstruction by a bin" by-law.

When we lived in Lancashire, the bin-men used to come to the rear of the
(semi-detached) house to collect the bin and also to return it to its
accustomed spot. The sky never fall in as far as I'm aware and no
fairy-cyclists found their way along the footways unduly obstructed.

Re: Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parking offenders

<j96lksFnut6U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6838&group=uk.rec.cycling#6838

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
offenders
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:49:32 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:49 UTC

On 13/03/2022 14:28, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Parking on the pavement should incur three penalty points and mobile phone use should warrant a six month ban.

Cyclists would never stand for it.

> And bins blocking pavements - fly tipping - £30 fine.

How does that work, then?

--
Spike

Re: Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parking offenders

<10d6f3c3-ae91-4f4b-b37f-ffe8564825c7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6843&group=uk.rec.cycling#6843

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 10:02:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 17:02 UTC

On Saturday, March 12, 2022 at 8:05:56 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
3 days ago

The goverment are due to bring in a law that will not allow cars to park on footpaths and green areas next year. It will be interesting to see if this comes to fruition. It would be interesting to see the costs incurred in repairing pavements and grassed areas that have been damaged by vehicles.
2 days ago

I've gone blue in the face raising the issue of vehicles driving on pavements and damaging them (delivery vans and couriers are the worst) and how Council Tax payers foot the bill!! - But a blue face is all I ever got out of it! Like talking to a brick wall! I suppose it's our 'new' Tory Council coming up with these supposed magical solutions, just like The Biffo promises us the earth by way of investment, but hasn't the funding to actually do a thing!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Nearly 700 Plymouth vehicles classed as persistent parking offenders