From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Persistent parking offenders could have their cycles seized
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:37:07 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:37 UTC

Persistent parking offenders could have their cycles seized as part of
City Councils crackdown.

Cyclists who consistently break rules or block access could have their
cycles removed and immobilised under the new rules.

Councils could sign an executive order which gives the council the power
to remove cycles and keep them in a secure compound until a release fee
is paid.

Councillors said: “We made a commitment to step up parking enforcement
and these new proposals will help us to keep roads and pavements safe by
providing greater powers to address hazards and obstructions caused by a
small minority of inconsiderate cyclists.

“This will greatly help us to ensure cyclists do not accrue unpaid or
unchallenged parking fines going forward, whilst helping us seek to
recover unpaid and unchallenged fines where recovery has not been possible.

"I’m delighted that we have these new powers and I hope that those who
do flout the law see this as a warning that we won’t hesitate to seize
their cycles.”

A statement says: "Similarly, as the cities prepare to deliver a
programme of world class events, risks remain that cycles parked in
contravention to orders for authorised events may adversely affect
events and/or cause security concerns.

"The new powers also mean Councils can remove any cycles that are
preventing or restricting works or authorised events."

<youdidntreadthisatroad,cc>

--
Spike

Re: Persistent parking offenders could have their cycles seized

<j97bghFs11tU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6854&group=uk.rec.cycling#6854

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 23:02:40 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 23:02 UTC

On 13/03/2022 04:37 pm, Spike wrote:

> Persistent parking offenders could have their fairy-cycles seized as part of
> City Councils crackdown.
>
> Fairy-cyclists who consistently break rules or block access could have their
> fairy-cycles removed and immobilised under the new rules.
>
> Councils could sign an executive order which gives the council the power
> to remove fairy-cycles and keep them in a secure compound until a release fee
> is paid.
>
> Councillors said: “We made a commitment to step up parking enforcement
> and these new proposals will help us to keep roads and pavements safe by
> providing greater powers to address hazards and obstructions caused by a
> small minority of inconsiderate fairy-cyclists.
>
> “This will greatly help us to ensure fairy-cyclists do not accrue unpaid or
> unchallenged parking fines going forward, whilst helping us seek to
> recover unpaid and unchallenged fines where recovery has not been possible.
>
> "I’m delighted that we have these new powers and I hope that those who
> do flout the law see this as a warning that we won’t hesitate to seize
> their fairy-cycles.”
>
> A statement says: "Similarly, as the cities prepare to deliver a
> programme of world class events, risks remain that fairy-cycles parked in
> contravention to orders for authorised events may adversely affect
> events and/or cause security concerns.
>
> "The new powers also mean Councils can remove any fairy-cycles that are
> preventing or restricting works or authorised events."
>
> <youdidntreadthisatroad,cc>

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Persistent parking offenders could have their cycles seized