Professional driver on closed track.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Layla

SubjectAuthor
* Laylakrw
+* LaylaRosalind Mitchell
|+* Laylacarolet
||+* LaylaRosalind Mitchell
|||`- LaylaNick Odell
||`- LaylaPenny
|`- Laylasteve hague
`* LaylaSteveski
 `* Laylakrw
  +- LaylaSteveski
  `* LaylaMike McMillan
   `- Laylakrw

1
Layla

<t02mup$1ft8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6889&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6889

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Layla
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 16:19:44 +0000
 by: krw - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 16:19 UTC

Some listeners may recall the above as a very short term love interest
for Spreadsheet man.

I can report that her best friend was an important part of "Spike" a
play I much enjoyed yesterday at The Watermill near Newbury (and where
an umrat used to regularly ush as I recall).

She had several parts and at the start of each Act opened by
demonstrating the way sound effects were produced at the time of Goon
show and how they built up explosions for the end of each episode and
Eccles getting deaded.

Whilst not wishing to reveal the lady's age I can also reveal that in
the finale she also demonstrated that she can still do the splits -
something which Roy might have enjoyed had they got that far.

I would recommend you to see it if you can but the run ended last night
and as far as I am aware there are no further performances planned.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Layla

<87lexn6n5b.fsf@milou.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6890&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6890

From: enithar...@milou.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me (Rosalind Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Layla
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 16:50:24 +0000
sha1:jUCBv3YR6eYWQvts5WfC0lkxCTk=
 by: Rosalind Mitchell - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 16:50 UTC

krw <krw@whitnet.uk> writes:

> Some listeners may recall the above as a very short term love interest
> for Spreadsheet man.

Not this listener, I must either have been doing something in the kitchen at
the time or it was in one of my refusing to listen because it's gone
silly again phases. One of which I'm in at the moment.

I do remember the song of that name by Rita Coolidge with some
assistance from Eric Clapton.

Rosie

Re: Layla

<j8ka3cF83ilU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6891&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6891

From: steve...@invalid.com (Steveski)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:42:04 +0000
 by: Steveski - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:42 UTC

On 06/03/2022 16:19, krw wrote:
> Some listeners may recall the above as a very short term love interest
> for Spreadsheet man.
>
> I can report that her best friend was an important part of "Spike" a
> play I much enjoyed yesterday at The Watermill near Newbury (and where
> an umrat used to regularly ush as I recall).
>
> She had several parts and at the start of each Act opened by
> demonstrating the way sound effects were produced at the time of Goon
> show and how they built up explosions for the end of each episode and
> Eccles getting deaded.
>
> Whilst not wishing to reveal the lady's age I can also reveal that in
> the finale she also demonstrated that she can still do the splits -
> something which Roy might have enjoyed had they got that far.
>
> I would recommend you to see it if you can but the run ended last night
> and as far as I am aware there are no further performances planned.

A Pedant writes: It was Bluebottle who kept getting 'deaded'.

:-)

--
Steveski

Re: Layla

<t02slh$frh$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6892&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6892

From: carolet....@gmail.com (carolet)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:57:05 +0000
 by: carolet - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:57 UTC

On 06/03/2022 16:50, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
> krw <krw@whitnet.uk> writes:
>
>> Some listeners may recall the above as a very short term love interest
>> for Spreadsheet man.
>
> Not this listener, I must either have been doing something in the kitchen at
> the time or it was in one of my refusing to listen because it's gone
> silly again phases. One of which I'm in at the moment.
>
> I do remember the song of that name by Rita Coolidge with some
> assistance from Eric Clapton.
>
> Rosie

Leyla's appearances as Roy's possible new girlfriend were confined to a
single week in July 2021, so she was quite easy to miss. She was played
by Margaret Cabourn-Smith.

There was a Layla played by Dawn Butler who appeared in December 2020.
It wasn't clear but I believe that she was the registrar at Kirsty and
Philip's wedding. I don't think this is the character that krw meant.

--
CaroleT

Re: Layla

<t02vd6$1ics$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6893&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6893

From: stevehag...@gmail.com (steve hague)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 18:43:49 +0000
 by: steve hague - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 18:43 UTC

On 06/03/2022 16:50, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
> krw <krw@whitnet.uk> writes:
>
>> Some listeners may recall the above as a very short term love interest
>> for Spreadsheet man.
>
> Not this listener, I must either have been doing something in the kitchen at
> the time or it was in one of my refusing to listen because it's gone
> silly again phases. One of which I'm in at the moment.
>
> I do remember the song of that name by Rita Coolidge with some
> assistance from Eric Clapton.
>
> Rosie

There's a live version of that on youtube which features Clapton, Jimmy
Page and Jeff Beck. It's unsurprisingly very good.
Steve

Re: Layla

<87fsnu7wge.fsf@milou.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6894&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6894

From: enithar...@milou.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me (Rosalind Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 18:44:01 +0000
sha1:tskqcNMXVSavx70zirodgr+BADo=
 by: Rosalind Mitchell - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 18:44 UTC

carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com> writes:

> There was a Layla played by Dawn Butler who appeared in December
> 2020. It wasn't clear but I believe that she was the registrar at
> Kirsty and Philip's wedding. I don't think this is the character that
> krw meant.

Would that have been Dawn Butler MP, playing a cameo, do you think?

Rosie

Re: Layla

<60aa2htq849qp26hdhs4sk38l5h0dbemgk@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6899&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6899

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 21:34:23 +0000
 by: Penny - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 21:34 UTC

On Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:57:05 +0000, carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...

>Leyla's appearances as Roy's possible new girlfriend were confined to a
>single week in July 2021, so she was quite easy to miss. She was played
>by Margaret Cabourn-Smith.

She is often heard complaining about playing Mrs Straight-Woman in John
Finnemore's Souvenir Programme.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Layla

<usba2hdg6pgc88iujfso6j1bke45ume3t1@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6900&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6900

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 22:04:50 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 22:04 UTC

On Sun, 06 Mar 2022 18:44:01 +0000, Rosalind Mitchell
<enitharmon@milou.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me>
wrote:

>carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> There was a Layla played by Dawn Butler who appeared in December
>> 2020. It wasn't clear but I believe that she was the registrar at
>> Kirsty and Philip's wedding. I don't think this is the character that
>> krw meant.
>
>Would that have been Dawn Butler MP, playing a cameo, do you think?

No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSP5eOHod2M

Nick

Re: Layla

<t03g2j$hrg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6901&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6901

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 23:28:27 +0000
 by: krw - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 23:28 UTC

On 6.3.22 17:42, Steveski wrote:
> On 06/03/2022 16:19, krw wrote:
>> Some listeners may recall the above as a very short term love interest
>> for Spreadsheet man.
>>
>> I can report that her best friend was an important part of "Spike" a
>> play I much enjoyed yesterday at The Watermill near Newbury (and where
>> an umrat used to regularly ush as I recall).
>>
>> She had several parts and at the start of each Act opened by
>> demonstrating the way sound effects were produced at the time of Goon
>> show and how they built up explosions for the end of each episode and
>> Eccles getting deaded.
>>
>> Whilst not wishing to reveal the lady's age I can also reveal that in
>> the finale she also demonstrated that she can still do the splits -
>> something which Roy might have enjoyed had they got that far.
>>
>> I would recommend you to see it if you can but the run ended last
>> night and as far as I am aware there are no further performances planned.
>
> A Pedant writes: It was Bluebottle who kept getting 'deaded'.
>
> :-)

It was indeed and I offer apologies for getting it wrong.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Layla

<j8l216Fci2rU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6902&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6902

From: steve...@invalid.com (Steveski)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 00:30:29 +0000
 by: Steveski - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 00:30 UTC

On 06/03/2022 23:28, krw wrote:
> On 6.3.22 17:42, Steveski wrote:
>> On 06/03/2022 16:19, krw wrote:
>>> Some listeners may recall the above as a very short term love
>>> interest for Spreadsheet man.
>>>
>>> I can report that her best friend was an important part of "Spike" a
>>> play I much enjoyed yesterday at The Watermill near Newbury (and
>>> where an umrat used to regularly ush as I recall).
>>>
>>> She had several parts and at the start of each Act opened by
>>> demonstrating the way sound effects were produced at the time of Goon
>>> show and how they built up explosions for the end of each episode and
>>> Eccles getting deaded.
>>>
>>> Whilst not wishing to reveal the lady's age I can also reveal that in
>>> the finale she also demonstrated that she can still do the splits -
>>> something which Roy might have enjoyed had they got that far.
>>>
>>> I would recommend you to see it if you can but the run ended last
>>> night and as far as I am aware there are no further performances
>>> planned.
>>
>> A Pedant writes: It was Bluebottle who kept getting 'deaded'.
>>
>> :-)
>>

> It was indeed and I offer apologies for getting it wrong.

Do not worry mon Capitaine :-)

--
Steveski

Re: Layla

<t04fjk$u30$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6904&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6904

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 08:26:28 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:WdoZgMYIxY6JNf+pPV+TPn5DirY=
 by: Mike McMillan - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 08:26 UTC

krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 6.3.22 17:42, Steveski wrote:
>> On 06/03/2022 16:19, krw wrote:
>>> Some listeners may recall the above as a very short term love interest
>>> for Spreadsheet man.
>>>
>>> I can report that her best friend was an important part of "Spike" a
>>> play I much enjoyed yesterday at The Watermill near Newbury (and where
>>> an umrat used to regularly ush as I recall).
>>>
>>> She had several parts and at the start of each Act opened by
>>> demonstrating the way sound effects were produced at the time of Goon
>>> show and how they built up explosions for the end of each episode and
>>> Eccles getting deaded.
>>>
>>> Whilst not wishing to reveal the lady's age I can also reveal that in
>>> the finale she also demonstrated that she can still do the splits -
>>> something which Roy might have enjoyed had they got that far.
>>>
>>> I would recommend you to see it if you can but the run ended last
>>> night and as far as I am aware there are no further performances planned.
>>
>> A Pedant writes: It was Bluebottle who kept getting 'deaded'.
>>
>> :-)
>>

> It was indeed and I offer apologies for getting it wrong.

Had you fallen in the water?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Layla

<t04jvk$1v65$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6906&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6906

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 09:41:18 +0000
 by: krw - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 09:41 UTC

On 7.3.22 08:26, Mike McMillan wrote:
> krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:

>>> A Pedant writes: It was Bluebottle who kept getting 'deaded'.
>>>
>>> :-)
>>>

>> It was indeed and I offer apologies for getting it wrong.
>>

> Had you fallen in the water?

Excess alcohol consumption may be to blame given the date.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk