"Whatever the missing mass of the universe is, I hope it's not cockroaches!" -- Mom

aus+uk / aus.legal / Off shore broadcasting?

SubjectAuthor
* Off shore broadcasting?Peter Jason
+* Re: Off shore broadcasting?Rod Speed
|`* Re: Off shore broadcasting?Petzl
| `* Re: Off shore broadcasting?Rod Speed
|  `* Re: Off shore broadcasting?Petzl
|   `* Re: Off shore broadcasting?Rod Speed
|    `* Re: Off shore broadcasting?Petzl
|     `- Re: Off shore broadcasting?Rod Speed
`* Re: Off shore broadcasting?Computer Nerd Kev
 `* Re: Off shore broadcasting?Peter Jason
  +* Re: Off shore broadcasting?Phil Allison
  |`- Re: Off shore broadcasting?Computer Nerd Kev
  `- Re: Off shore broadcasting?JONZ

1
Off shore broadcasting?

<r661eh1iuuhmsuoesh9597btp8vvftoefu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6922&group=aus.legal#6922

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Off shore broadcasting?
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 11:49:23 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 01:49 UTC

Off shore broadcasting.

If "Crikey" and similar set up a transmitter beyond the territorial
waters could they then flaunt all the news they like without
interference from anybody?

Re: Off shore broadcasting?

<op.1px0o92bbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6923&group=aus.legal#6923

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Off shore broadcasting?
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 12:18:35 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 02:18 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

> Off shore broadcasting.

> If "Crikey" and similar set up a transmitter beyond the territorial
> waters

Where would that be ? How would they pay for say a ship to do that and why
would anyone bother to listen to it when the internet is much more viable.

> could they then flaunt all the news theylike without interference from
> anybody?

It wouldn't be news, it would be opinion.

Re: Off shore broadcasting?

<62e0f11e@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6924&group=aus.legal#6924

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: 27 Jul 2022 18:02:38 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 08:02 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
> Off shore broadcasting.
>
> If "Crikey" and similar set up a transmitter beyond the territorial
> waters could they then flaunt all the news they like without
> interference from anybody?

Well it's been done, but "without interference from anybody" it
wasn't, the PMG simply broadcast a jamming signal over the
frequency they were using:

"1966 Radio Prosh transmits from a ship in international waters off
Kangaroo Island. Ernie Sigley plays host. The PMG jams the signal
from the mainland. A number of protests result but the station is
short lived."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_radio_in_Australia

Much more detail in the original article:
http://www.radioheritage.net/Story127.asp

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: Off shore broadcasting?

<k052ehtugs8q9t93ks833lr3ha6o5dt4o9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6927&group=aus.legal#6927

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 20:36:50 +1000
 by: Petzl - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 10:36 UTC

On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 12:18:35 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>
>> Off shore broadcasting.
>
>> If "Crikey" and similar set up a transmitter beyond the territorial
>> waters
>
>Where would that be ? How would they pay for say a ship to do that and why
>would anyone bother to listen to it when the internet is much more viable.

Seems one can stream free to air from any country you like.
I do
Pic just shows from the "A's" begriming
https://ibb.co/DQ2SjfR

>> could they then flaunt all the news theylike without interference from
>> anybody?
>
>It wouldn't be news, it would be opinion.

"News" always is slanted opinion!
--
Petzl
Well, it’s [the media] run by Godless Communists

Re: Off shore broadcasting?

<op.1py8dyk9byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6930&group=aus.legal#6930

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 04:02:12 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 18:02 UTC

On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 20:36:50 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 12:18:35 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>
>>> Off shore broadcasting.
>>
>>> If "Crikey" and similar set up a transmitter beyond the territorial
>>> waters
>>
>> Where would that be ? How would they pay for say a ship to do that and
>> why
>> would anyone bother to listen to it when the internet is much more
>> viable.
>>
> Seems one can stream free to air from any country you like.
> I do
> Pic just shows from the "A's" begriming
> https://ibb.co/DQ2SjfR
>
>>> could they then flaunt all the news theylike without interference from
>>> anybody?
>>
>> It wouldn't be news, it would be opinion.
>>
> "News" always is slanted opinion!

Not when what is reported is the number of seats won in the most recent
election for example.

Re: Off shore broadcasting?

<gih3ehd7ahgcqmfn5egpkdpi01hscnnkmk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6934&group=aus.legal#6934

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 09:13:06 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 23:13 UTC

On 27 Jul 2022 18:02:38 +1000, Computer Nerd Kev
<not@telling.you.invalid> wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>> Off shore broadcasting.
>>
>> If "Crikey" and similar set up a transmitter beyond the territorial
>> waters could they then flaunt all the news they like without
>> interference from anybody?
>
>Well it's been done, but "without interference from anybody" it
>wasn't, the PMG simply broadcast a jamming signal over the
>frequency they were using:
>
>"1966 Radio Prosh transmits from a ship in international waters off
> Kangaroo Island. Ernie Sigley plays host. The PMG jams the signal
> from the mainland. A number of protests result but the station is
> short lived."
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_radio_in_Australia
>
>Much more detail in the original article:
>http://www.radioheritage.net/Story127.asp

Very interesting. I wasn't aware of "jamming signals". What a
bummer!

Re: Off shore broadcasting?

<amk3ehthil220132ujrng85fqtro5srncs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6938&group=aus.legal#6938

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 10:16:21 +1000
 by: Petzl - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 00:16 UTC

On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 04:02:12 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 20:36:50 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 12:18:35 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Where would that be ? How would they pay for say a ship to do that and
>>> why
>>> would anyone bother to listen to it when the internet is much more
>>> viable.
>>>
>> Seems one can stream free to air from any country you like.
>> I do
>> Pic just shows from the "A's" begriming
>> https://ibb.co/DQ2SjfR

>>> It wouldn't be news, it would be opinion.
>>>
>> "News" always is slanted opinion!
>
>Not when what is reported is the number of seats won in the most recent
>election for example.

What was reported by media about the rigged 2020 Presidential election
was pure bullshit, worldwide.
Just watching the graphs go up then suddenly go down by 40 thousand
again and again? The massive bloating of "voters", all as crooked as a
two bob watch. I knew something crooked was happening for sure.
--
Petzl
What is the harm of for the Democrats validating the voting system.

Amazing to think that Lyndon Johnson perfected the
'sit-wait-see how many we need to win-then dump our
stuffed ballots at the last moment' electoral technique
in post-war Texas, and nothing has changed in US elections
in the 7 decades since.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_United_States_Senate_election_in_Texas#Legal_battle>
The Left is fine with Vaccine Cards
but NOT voter IDs. Paying attention yet?

Re: Off shore broadcasting?

<0adc2b02-efee-45e6-849a-27d47c7df54an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6939&group=aus.legal#6939

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 18:32:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 01:32 UTC

Peter Jason wrote:
=================

> >> If "Crikey" and similar set up a transmitter beyond the territorial
> >> waters could they then flaunt all the news they like without
> >> interference from anybody?
> >
> >Well it's been done, but "without interference from anybody" it
> >wasn't, the PMG simply broadcast a jamming signal over the
> >frequency they were using:
> >
> >"1966 Radio Prosh transmits from a ship in international waters off
> > Kangaroo Island. Ernie Sigley plays host. The PMG jams the signal
> > from the mainland. A number of protests result but the station is
> > short lived."
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_radio_in_Australia
> >
> >Much more detail in the original article:
> >http://www.radioheritage.net/Story127.asp
>
> Very interesting. I wasn't aware of "jamming signals". What a
> bummer!

** The jamming transmitter would have to be available with large antenna system.

With AM that is no small thing and it must be tunable to the frequency being illegally used.
The pirate can then change to a frequency well away to defeat it.

....... Phil

Re: Off shore broadcasting?

<op.1pzyf1k0byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6940&group=aus.legal#6940

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 13:25:03 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 03:25 UTC

On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 10:16:21 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 04:02:12 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 20:36:50 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Seems one can stream free to air from any country you like.
>>> I do
>>> Pic just shows from the "A's" begriming
>>> https://ibb.co/DQ2SjfR

>>> "News" always is slanted opinion!
>>
>> Not when what is reported is the number of seats won in the most recent
>> election for example.
>>
> What was reported by media about the rigged 2020 Presidential election
> was pure bullshit, worldwide.

The claim that that that election was rigged is just another stupid
trumpet lie.

> Just watching the graphs go up then suddenly go down by 40 thousand
> again and again? The massive bloating of "voters", all as crooked as a
> two bob watch. I knew something crooked was happening for sure.

How odd that NOT ONE judge, even one of those appointed by Trump agrees.

Re: Off shore broadcasting?

<hj84eht7qlopukemb34l4l09ev9stn9vn3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6941&group=aus.legal#6941

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 15:47:13 +1000
 by: Petzl - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 05:47 UTC

On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 13:25:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 10:16:21 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 04:02:12 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Not when what is reported is the number of seats won in the most recent
>>> election for example.
>>>
>> What was reported by media about the rigged 2020 Presidential election
>> was pure bullshit, worldwide.
>
>The claim that that that election was rigged is just another stupid
>trumpet lie.
>
>> Just watching the graphs go up then suddenly go down by 40 thousand
>> again and again? The massive bloating of "voters", all as crooked as a
>> two bob watch. I knew something crooked was happening for sure.
>
>How odd that NOT ONE judge, even one of those appointed by Trump agrees.

Their employment and safety of families depended on agreeing with the
Biden mafia
--
Petzl
The good news is that the Hydroxychloroquine should save your life from the Covid-19.

Re: Off shore broadcasting?

<op.1pz8qbn2byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6942&group=aus.legal#6942

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:07:13 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 07:07 UTC

On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 15:47:13 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 13:25:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 10:16:21 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> What was reported by media about the rigged 2020 Presidential election
>>> was pure bullshit, worldwide.
>>
>> The claim that that that election was rigged is just another stupid
>> trumpet lie.
>>
>>> Just watching the graphs go up then suddenly go down by 40 thousand
>>> again and again? The massive bloating of "voters", all as crooked as a
>>> two bob watch. I knew something crooked was happening for sure.
>>
>> How odd that NOT ONE judge, even one of those appointed by Trump agrees.
>>
> Their employment and safety of families depended on agreeing with the
> Biden mafia

More mindless bullshit and lies.

Re: Off shore broadcasting?

<62e23c4a@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6943&group=aus.legal#6943

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: 28 Jul 2022 17:35:38 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 07:35 UTC

Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter Jason wrote:
> =================

>> >Well it's been done, but "without interference from anybody" it
>> >wasn't, the PMG simply broadcast a jamming signal over the
>> >frequency they were using:
>> >
>> >"1966 Radio Prosh transmits from a ship in international waters off
>> > Kangaroo Island. Ernie Sigley plays host. The PMG jams the signal
>> > from the mainland. A number of protests result but the station is
>> > short lived."
>> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_radio_in_Australia
>> >
>> >Much more detail in the original article:
>> >http://www.radioheritage.net/Story127.asp
>>
>> Very interesting. I wasn't aware of "jamming signals". What a
>> bummer!
>
> ** The jamming transmitter would have to be available with large antenna system.
>
> With AM that is no small thing and it must be tunable to the frequency being illegally used.

A current example is the Chinese government jamming overseas
shortwave radio stations:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_jamming_in_China
https://www.sigidwiki.com/wiki/Chinese_Firedrake_Jammer

> The pirate can then change to a frequency well away to defeat it.

Though that gives listeners an inconvenience as well.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: Off shore broadcasting?

<tc4pi4$rmn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6961&group=aus.legal#6961

From: noth...@orthere.com (JONZ)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 12:31:31 +1000
 by: JONZ - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 02:31 UTC

Radio Caroline (UK) has been operating since the '6o's, now licensed.
Radio Hauraki (NZ) operated illegally for its first few years, (also in
the '60`s now licensed. So can be done.;)