God made the world in six days, and was arrested on the seventh.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Sid

SubjectAuthor
* SidRosalind Mitchell
+- Sidkrw
`* Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesBrritSki
 +* Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesKate B
 |`* Sid - a nuncial delegate replieskrw
 | `- Sid - a nuncial delegate repliessteve hague
 +* Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesNick Odell
 |`* Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesSid Nuncius
 | +- Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesJohn Ashby
 | +- Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesMike McMillan
 | +- Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesNick Odell
 | +- Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesPenny
 | +* Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesSerena Blanchflower
 | |+- Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesJ. P. Gilliver (John)
 | |`* Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesChris
 | | +- Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesMike McMillan
 | | `- Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesSam Plusnet
 | +- Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesJim Easterbrook
 | +- Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesJane Vernon
 | `- Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesRosalind Mitchell
 `- Sid - a nuncial delegate repliesSam Plusnet

1
Sid

<878rth6fri.fsf@gmail.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6944&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6944

From: walneyr...@gmail.com (Rosalind Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Sid
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 14:31:13 +0000
sha1:bwWf9aB4GvfpkKqe8ye/hEyChVs=
 by: Rosalind Mitchell - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 14:31 UTC

Has anybody seen Sid? I haven't seen him for a wee while. There's
cricket going on.

Rosie

Re: Sid

<t0d452$6ne$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6947&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6947

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Sid
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 15:06:07 +0000
 by: krw - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 15:06 UTC

On 10.3.22 14:31, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
> Has anybody seen Sid? I haven't seen him for a wee while. There's
> cricket going on.
>
> Rosie

I don't think he has posted for over a week.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<j90impFiu72U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6952&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6952

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 09:22:32 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 09:22 UTC

On 10/03/2022 14:31, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
> Has anybody seen Sid? I haven't seen him for a wee while. There's
> cricket going on.

I dropped in here yesterday with the same ? so I asked the great man
himself.

I am authorised to reveal that he has had a spell in hospital and is
slowly recovering, but it's been grim.

The good news is that he is not in Ukraine or a Chelsea supporter.

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<j90of2Fjv6lU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6955&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6955

From: elv...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Kate B)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 11:00:52 +0000
 by: Kate B - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 11:00 UTC

On 11/03/2022 09:22, BrritSki wrote:
> On 10/03/2022 14:31, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
>> Has anybody seen Sid? I haven't seen him for a wee while. There's
>> cricket going on.
>>
> I dropped in here yesterday with the same ? so I asked the great man
> himself.
>
> I am authorised to reveal that he has had a spell in hospital and is
> slowly recovering, but it's been grim.
>
> The good news is that he is not in Ukraine or a Chelsea supporter.

Ah, poor Sid. Please let him know that we're here for him rattling our
crisp packets and cheering him on.

--
Kate B

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<t0facu$g61$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6956&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6956

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 11:05:02 +0000
 by: krw - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 11:05 UTC

On 11.3.22 11:00, Kate B wrote:
> On 11/03/2022 09:22, BrritSki wrote:
>> On 10/03/2022 14:31, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
>>> Has anybody seen Sid? I haven't seen him for a wee while. There's
>>> cricket going on.
>>>
>> I dropped in here yesterday with the same ? so I asked the great man
>> himself.
>>
>> I am authorised to reveal that he has had a spell in hospital and is
>> slowly recovering, but it's been grim.
>>
>> The good news is that he is not in Ukraine or a Chelsea supporter.
>>

> Ah, poor Sid. Please let him know that we're here for him rattling our
> crisp packets and cheering him on.

+1

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk
https://tinyurl.com/KRWpics

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<t0fat6$oid$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6957&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6957

From: stevehag...@gmail.com (steve hague)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 11:13:40 +0000
 by: steve hague - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 11:13 UTC

On 11/03/2022 11:05, krw wrote:
> On 11.3.22 11:00, Kate B wrote:
>>>>
>>> I dropped in here yesterday with the same ? so I asked the great man
>>> himself.
>>>
>>> I am authorised to reveal that he has had a spell in hospital and is
>>> slowly recovering, but it's been grim.
>>>
>>> The good news is that he is not in Ukraine or a Chelsea supporter.
>>>

>> Ah, poor Sid. Please let him know that we're here for him rattling our
>> crisp packets and cheering him on.
>>

> +1

I miss his gentle sense of humour among other things when he's not
posting here. Get well soon Sid.
Steve

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<vefm2ht6m4h2gojdattjj7n85acq8dnrg8@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6958&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6958

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 12:20:09 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 12:20 UTC

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 09:22:32 +0000, BrritSki
<rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 10/03/2022 14:31, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
>> Has anybody seen Sid? I haven't seen him for a wee while. There's
>> cricket going on.
>>
>I dropped in here yesterday with the same ? so I asked the great man
>himself.
>
>I am authorised to reveal that he has had a spell in hospital and is
>slowly recovering, but it's been grim.
>
>The good news is that he is not in Ukraine or a Chelsea supporter.

Every cloud.. etc, etc. GWS (but not Greg Norman) Sid.

Nick

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<t5NWJ.581512$_5r7.56138@fx09.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6959&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6959

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 19:07:06 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 19:07 UTC

On 11-Mar-22 9:22, BrritSki wrote:
> On 10/03/2022 14:31, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
>> Has anybody seen Sid? I haven't seen him for a wee while. There's
>> cricket going on.
>>
> I dropped in here yesterday with the same ? so I asked the great man
> himself.
>
> I am authorised to reveal that he has had a spell in hospital and is
> slowly recovering, but it's been grim.
>
> The good news is that he is not in Ukraine or a Chelsea supporter.

I'm sorry to hear that he has has a bad time of it, but it's good to
know things are getting better.

Thanks for letting us know Brritters, any chance of you sticking around?

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<j95jfdFhm2kU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6988&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6988

From: nunc...@hotmail.co.uk (Sid Nuncius)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:06:17 +0000
 by: Sid Nuncius - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:06 UTC

On 11/03/2022 12:20, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 09:22:32 +0000, BrritSki
>> On 10/03/2022 14:31, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:

>>> Has anybody seen Sid? I haven't seen him for a wee while. There's
>>> cricket going on.
>>>
>> I dropped in here yesterday with the same ? so I asked the great man
>> himself.
>>
>> I am authorised to reveal that he has had a spell in hospital and is
>> slowly recovering, but it's been grim.
>>
>> The good news is that he is not in Ukraine or a Chelsea supporter.
>
> Every cloud.. etc, etc. GWS (but not Greg Norman) Sid.

Thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs. Just thought I'd look in briefly.
I'm starting to feel a little better, but won't be around much for a
little while.

I'll spare you the intimate details, but a visit two weeks ago to the
Urology department (Motto: "Abandon dignity all ye who enter here") for
a cystoscopy (look it up - you won't like it) gave me a hideous urinary
infection, temperature nudging 40C and other really horrible and
ultimately dangerous symptoms, culminating in my GP sending an emergency
ambulance, two days in hospital on IV antibiotics etc. etc.

Now home with an uncomfortable and thoroughly undignified tube where you
really don't want one and a bag of wee strapped to my leg. It is not a
good look. Just finished the heavy-duty antibiotics and beginning to
feel slightly better but badly flattened.

So...I may be around a little, but I need to preserve what energy I have
to try to keep us fed. I do appreciate the kind messages, though - they
mean a lot at times like this.

Er...I wondered whether Brritters's wholly gratuitous but funny "not in
Ukraine" remark was worthy of a BTN?

--
Sid

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<t0k6lp$73e$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6989&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6989

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:32:09 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:32 UTC

On 13/03/2022 07:06, Sid Nuncius wrote:
> On 11/03/2022 12:20, Nick Odell wrote:

>>> I dropped in here yesterday with the same ? so I asked the great man
>>> himself.
>>>
>>> I am authorised to reveal that he has had a spell in hospital and is
>>> slowly recovering, but it's been grim.
>>>
>>> The good news is that he is not in Ukraine or a Chelsea supporter.
>>
>> Every cloud.. etc, etc. GWS (but not Greg Norman) Sid.
>
> Thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs.  Just thought I'd look in briefly.
> I'm starting to feel a little better, but won't be around much for a
> little while.
>
> I'll spare you the intimate details, but a visit two weeks ago to the
> Urology department (Motto: "Abandon dignity all ye who enter here") for
> a cystoscopy (look it up - you won't like it) gave me a hideous urinary
> infection, temperature nudging 40C and other really horrible and
> ultimately dangerous symptoms, culminating in my GP sending an emergency
> ambulance, two days in hospital on IV antibiotics etc. etc.
>
> Now home with an uncomfortable and thoroughly undignified tube where you
> really don't want one and a bag of wee strapped to my leg.  It is not a
> good look.  Just finished the heavy-duty antibiotics and beginning to
> feel slightly better but badly flattened.
>
> So...I may be around a little, but I need to preserve what energy I have
> to try to keep us fed.  I do appreciate the kind messages, though - they
> mean a lot at times like this.
>
> Er...I wondered whether Brritters's wholly gratuitous but funny "not in
> Ukraine" remark was worthy of a BTN?

No, it was in the best possible taste.

Of course since the obvious effects of a UTI are incoherence and
confusion one wonders how they could tell^W^W^Wdidn't pick it up earlier.

Glad the antibiotics are kicking in, come back to us when you're ready.

john
john

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<t0kavc$6li$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6990&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6990

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 08:45:32 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:N/MnED2XChOKxCyrVLaaNc4d8GA=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 08:45 UTC

Sid Nuncius <nuncius@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 11/03/2022 12:20, Nick Odell wrote:

>>> I dropped in here yesterday with the same ? so I asked the great man
>>> himself.
>>>
>>> I am authorised to reveal that he has had a spell in hospital and is
>>> slowly recovering, but it's been grim.
>>>
>>> The good news is that he is not in Ukraine or a Chelsea supporter.
>>
>> Every cloud.. etc, etc. GWS (but not Greg Norman) Sid.
>
> Thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs. Just thought I'd look in briefly.
> I'm starting to feel a little better, but won't be around much for a
> little while.
>
> I'll spare you the intimate details, but a visit two weeks ago to the
> Urology department (Motto: "Abandon dignity all ye who enter here") for
> a cystoscopy (look it up - you won't like it) gave me a hideous urinary
> infection, temperature nudging 40C and other really horrible and
> ultimately dangerous symptoms, culminating in my GP sending an emergency
> ambulance, two days in hospital on IV antibiotics etc. etc.
>
> Now home with an uncomfortable and thoroughly undignified tube where you
> really don't want one and a bag of wee strapped to my leg. It is not a
> good look. Just finished the heavy-duty antibiotics and beginning to
> feel slightly better but badly flattened.
>
> So...I may be around a little, but I need to preserve what energy I have
> to try to keep us fed. I do appreciate the kind messages, though - they
> mean a lot at times like this.
>
> Er...I wondered whether Brritters's wholly gratuitous but funny "not in
> Ukraine" remark was worthy of a BTN?

Oh Sid, you do leave an exciting life don’t you!? :-(((

Many wishes for a speedy return to Nunciousity from the McT’s, as the the
‘Abandon dignity’ bit, yes I can appreciate that (re: prostate examination
and treatment) Get well soon Sid.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<dgir2hlt905fp7cl807ugggihclfk6s3ef@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6991&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6991

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 10:43:51 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 10:43 UTC

On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:06:17 +0000, Sid Nuncius
<nuncius@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>On 11/03/2022 12:20, Nick Odell wrote:

>>> I dropped in here yesterday with the same ? so I asked the great man
>>> himself.
>>>
>>> I am authorised to reveal that he has had a spell in hospital and is
>>> slowly recovering, but it's been grim.
>>>
>>> The good news is that he is not in Ukraine or a Chelsea supporter.
>>
>> Every cloud.. etc, etc. GWS (but not Greg Norman) Sid.
>
>Thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs. Just thought I'd look in briefly.
>I'm starting to feel a little better, but won't be around much for a
>little while.
>
>I'll spare you the intimate details, but a visit two weeks ago to the
>Urology department (Motto: "Abandon dignity all ye who enter here") for
>a cystoscopy (look it up - you won't like it) gave me a hideous urinary
>infection, temperature nudging 40C and other really horrible and
>ultimately dangerous symptoms, culminating in my GP sending an emergency
>ambulance, two days in hospital on IV antibiotics etc. etc.
>
>Now home with an uncomfortable and thoroughly undignified tube where you
>really don't want one and a bag of wee strapped to my leg. It is not a
>good look. Just finished the heavy-duty antibiotics and beginning to
>feel slightly better but badly flattened.
>
>So...I may be around a little, but I need to preserve what energy I have
>to try to keep us fed. I do appreciate the kind messages, though - they
>mean a lot at times like this.
>
>Er...I wondered whether Brritters's wholly gratuitous but funny "not in
>Ukraine" remark was worthy of a BTN?

Phew! Good to know your GP was on the balls and that urine good hands
now.

Word to the wise: don't be a pushy sod like me and insist on doing
everything yourself. Let those who want to help you, help you.

Take care,

Nick

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<rkmr2hla4atuloo5bperdas46fcbtgmv6o@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6992&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6992

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 11:53:11 +0000
 by: Penny - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 11:53 UTC

On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:06:17 +0000, Sid Nuncius <nuncius@hotmail.co.uk>
scrawled in the dust...

>Thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs. Just thought I'd look in briefly.
>I'm starting to feel a little better, but won't be around much for a
>little while.

[snip of unpleasant detail]

>Now home with an uncomfortable and thoroughly undignified tube where you
>really don't want one and a bag of wee strapped to my leg. It is not a
>good look. Just finished the heavy-duty antibiotics and beginning to
>feel slightly better but badly flattened.
>
>So...I may be around a little, but I need to preserve what energy I have
>to try to keep us fed. I do appreciate the kind messages, though - they
>mean a lot at times like this.

Good to hear you are on the mend - keep on keeping on but don't overdo it.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<t0kr12$6v4$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6998&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6998

From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:19:30 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:19 UTC

On 13/03/2022 07:06, Sid Nuncius wrote:

> Thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs.  Just thought I'd look in briefly.
> I'm starting to feel a little better, but won't be around much for a
> little while.

Sorry to hear that you've been having such a tough time but I'm glad
you're now improving. It's a shame we can't arrange for a crack team of
nuns from your local campanile to come in to look after you and wofe.
In their absence, do take care of yourself and accept any offers of help
which are available.

--
Best wishes, Serena
In these matters the only certainty is that nothing is certain. (Pliny

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<l5Z5pQFnAfLiFwdR@a.a>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6999&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6999

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:22:47 +0000
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:22 UTC

On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 at 13:19:30, Serena Blanchflower
<nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
>On 13/03/2022 07:06, Sid Nuncius wrote:
>> Thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs.  Just thought I'd look in
>>briefly. I'm starting to feel a little better, but won't be around
>>much for a little while.
>
>Sorry to hear that you've been having such a tough time but I'm glad
>you're now improving. It's a shame we can't arrange for a crack team
>of nuns from your local campanile to come in to look after you and
>wofe. In their absence, do take care of yourself and accept any offers
>of help which are available.

I was wondering how to bring them in, but Serena beat me to it.

Get well soon, and all that jazz. You will be missed here - but don't
hurry on our account; you are more important.

Quantum particles: the dreams that stuff is made of - David Moser

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<t0krdl$dea$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7001&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7001

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:26:13 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:PgQWoQEQjmWKex/CsGJ3G4KUDE4=
 by: Chris - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:26 UTC

Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
> On 13/03/2022 07:06, Sid Nuncius wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs.  Just thought I'd look in briefly.
>> I'm starting to feel a little better, but won't be around much for a
>> little while.
>
> Sorry to hear that you've been having such a tough time but I'm glad
> you're now improving. It's a shame we can't arrange for a crack team of
> nuns from your local campanile to come in to look after you and wofe.
> In their absence, do take care of yourself and accept any offers of help
> which are available.

You just can’t get the nuns - and they’d be a lot extra, luv.

Sincerely Chris

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<t0ks95$u5r$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7002&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7002

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:40:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9SUrq8TMv+7pGADdSykQGi5WYeA=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 13:40 UTC

Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
>> On 13/03/2022 07:06, Sid Nuncius wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs.  Just thought I'd look in briefly.
>>> I'm starting to feel a little better, but won't be around much for a
>>> little while.
>>
>> Sorry to hear that you've been having such a tough time but I'm glad
>> you're now improving. It's a shame we can't arrange for a crack team of
>> nuns from your local campanile to come in to look after you and wofe.
>> In their absence, do take care of yourself and accept any offers of help
>> which are available.
>>

> You just can’t get the nuns - and they’d be a lot extra, luv.
>
> Sincerely Chris

Or as Puccini didn’t quite say ‘Nuns Shall Sleep’.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<j96r67FiplvU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7005&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7005

From: new...@jim-easterbrook.me.uk (Jim Easterbrook)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: 13 Mar 2022 18:24:07 GMT
 by: Jim Easterbrook - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 18:24 UTC

On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:06:17 +0000, Sid Nuncius wrote:

> I'll spare you the intimate details, but a visit two weeks ago to the
> Urology department (Motto: "Abandon dignity all ye who enter here") for
> a cystoscopy (look it up - you won't like it) gave me a hideous urinary
> infection, temperature nudging 40C and other really horrible and
> ultimately dangerous symptoms, culminating in my GP sending an emergency
> ambulance, two days in hospital on IV antibiotics etc. etc.

Yikes! I've had a UTI once and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I think I
prefer to remain ignorant of cystoscopies until I need to know. Get well
soon, Sid.

--
Jim <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<qOuXJ.87101$41E7.45815@fx37.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7006&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7006

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 23:07:02 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 23:07 UTC

On 13-Mar-22 13:26, Chris wrote:
> Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
>> On 13/03/2022 07:06, Sid Nuncius wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs.  Just thought I'd look in briefly.
>>> I'm starting to feel a little better, but won't be around much for a
>>> little while.
>>
>> Sorry to hear that you've been having such a tough time but I'm glad
>> you're now improving. It's a shame we can't arrange for a crack team of
>> nuns from your local campanile to come in to look after you and wofe.
>> In their absence, do take care of yourself and accept any offers of help
>> which are available.
>>

> You just can’t get the nuns - and they’d be a lot extra, luv.

Thinking back to when we used to get (almost) daily nun reports, those
ladies may be in need of care and help themselves by now.
I get the impression that there hasn't been a ready supply of
replacement nuns in the last few decades.

Regardless, do take care of yourself young Nuncious, and come back to us
when you are restored to health and vigour.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<j9doceF4f27U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7019&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7019

From: spa...@nopotteratthisaddress.co.uk (Jane Vernon)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 09:19:11 +0000
 by: Jane Vernon - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 09:19 UTC

On 13/03/2022 07:06, Sid Nuncius wrote:
> On 11/03/2022 12:20, Nick Odell wrote:

>>> I dropped in here yesterday with the same ? so I asked the great man
>>> himself.
>>>
>>> I am authorised to reveal that he has had a spell in hospital and is
>>> slowly recovering, but it's been grim.
>>>
>>> The good news is that he is not in Ukraine or a Chelsea supporter.
>>
>> Every cloud.. etc, etc. GWS (but not Greg Norman) Sid.
>
> Thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs.  Just thought I'd look in briefly.
> I'm starting to feel a little better, but won't be around much for a
> little while.
>
> I'll spare you the intimate details, but a visit two weeks ago to the
> Urology department (Motto: "Abandon dignity all ye who enter here") for
> a cystoscopy (look it up - you won't like it) gave me a hideous urinary
> infection, temperature nudging 40C and other really horrible and
> ultimately dangerous symptoms, culminating in my GP sending an emergency
> ambulance, two days in hospital on IV antibiotics etc. etc.
>
> Now home with an uncomfortable and thoroughly undignified tube where you
> really don't want one and a bag of wee strapped to my leg.  It is not a
> good look.  Just finished the heavy-duty antibiotics and beginning to
> feel slightly better but badly flattened.
>
> So...I may be around a little, but I need to preserve what energy I have
> to try to keep us fed.  I do appreciate the kind messages, though - they
> mean a lot at times like this.
>
> Er...I wondered whether Brritters's wholly gratuitous but funny "not in
> Ukraine" remark was worthy of a BTN?

Rarely look in on umra these days but glad I did today. Hope your
recovery is swifter than you expect. All best wishes from the Purple
Personage.
(I have retired from making pots.)

Re: Sid - a nuncial delegate replies

<87pmm8sgau.fsf@gmail.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7126&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7126

From: walneyr...@gmail.com (Rosalind Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 18:46:17 +0000
sha1:zFAepL6397OlDaeLMEAoFSxOV10=
 by: Rosalind Mitchell - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 18:46 UTC

Sid Nuncius <nuncius@hotmail.co.uk> writes:

> On 11/03/2022 12:20, Nick Odell wrote:

>>> I dropped in here yesterday with the same ? so I asked the great man
>>> himself.
>>>
>>> I am authorised to reveal that he has had a spell in hospital and is
>>> slowly recovering, but it's been grim.
>>>
>>> The good news is that he is not in Ukraine or a Chelsea supporter.
>> Every cloud.. etc, etc. GWS (but not Greg Norman) Sid.
>
> Thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs. Just thought I'd look in
> briefly. I'm starting to feel a little better, but won't be around
> much for a little while.

He speaks!

But will be missed, especially as the England XI is making a frightful
hash of a series against the West Indies, having attempted to rebuild
after Ashes humiliation by dropping their best players. They are 41-4 as
I write, seeking 95 to avoid an innings defeat and in the Stumps Bar in
Partick they are sniggering into their wee heavies with chasers.

> I'll spare you the intimate details, but a visit two weeks ago to the
> Urology department

Oh no, they're taking the piss.

(Motto: "Abandon dignity all ye who enter here")
> for a cystoscopy (look it up - you won't like it) gave me a hideous
> urinary infection, temperature nudging 40C and other really horrible
> and ultimately dangerous symptoms, culminating in my GP sending an
> emergency ambulance, two days in hospital on IV antibiotics etc. etc.

How awful for you!

> Now home with an uncomfortable and thoroughly undignified tube where
> you really don't want one and a bag of wee strapped to my leg. It is
> not a good look. Just finished the heavy-duty antibiotics and
> beginning to feel slightly better but badly flattened.

I had one oif those tubes when I returned from Bruxelles. I didn't have
a bag though, I had a wee tap on the end that I could turn on and off at willie^H^H.

> So...I may be around a little, but I need to preserve what energy I
> have to try to keep us fed. I do appreciate the kind messages, though
> - they mean a lot at times like this.

Get well and aback amongst us soon, Sid.

Rosie