If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Bayreuth Opera Festival

SubjectAuthor
* Bayreuth Opera FestivalTony Smith
`* Re: Bayreuth Opera FestivalKate B
 `* Re: Bayreuth Opera FestivalSally Thompson
  +* Re: Bayreuth Opera FestivalJohn Ashby
  |`- Re: Bayreuth Opera FestivalSerena Blanchflower
  `* Re: Bayreuth Opera FestivalSally Thompson
   +- Re: Bayreuth Opera FestivalKate B
   `- Re: Bayreuth Opera FestivalJenny M Benson

1
Bayreuth Opera Festival

<ecd5a726-9c25-4160-b450-90b9d68d44a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6923&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6923

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 06:33:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Bayreuth Opera Festival
From: agsmith5...@gmail.com (Tony Smith)
 by: Tony Smith - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 14:33 UTC

Just been trying to order tickets for the Bayreuther Festspiel this summer. I have never yet been successful, but the hope is that one's name works up their priorities year by year.

Has any rat ever managed to get there?
Ist es irgendeiner Ratte gelungen, dorthin zu gehen?

Re: Bayreuth Opera Festival

<j8pgo8F8667U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6924&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6924

From: elv...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Kate B)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Bayreuth Opera Festival
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 17:06:17 +0000
 by: Kate B - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 17:06 UTC

On 08/03/2022 14:33, Tony Smith wrote:
> Just been trying to order tickets for the Bayreuther Festspiel this summer. I have never yet been successful, but the hope is that one's name works up their priorities year by year.
>
> Has any rat ever managed to get there?
> Ist es irgendeiner Ratte gelungen, dorthin zu gehen?

Leider nicht. Bin aber im anderen Bayreuther Theater gewesen, was
einfach fabelhaft ist. Und nicht gar so laut :)

--
Kate B

Re: Bayreuth Opera Festival

<j8tsqdF36c5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6935&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6935

From: sally.th...@gmail.com.invalid (Sally Thompson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: 10 Mar 2022 08:56:45 GMT
 by: Sally Thompson - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 08:56 UTC

Kate B <elvira@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On 08/03/2022 14:33, Tony Smith wrote:
>> Just been trying to order tickets for the Bayreuther Festspiel this
>> summer. I have never yet been successful, but the hope is that one's
>> name works up their priorities year by year.
>>
>> Has any rat ever managed to get there?
>> Ist es irgendeiner Ratte gelungen, dorthin zu gehen?
>>
> Leider nicht. Bin aber im anderen Bayreuther Theater gewesen, was
> einfach fabelhaft ist. Und nicht gar so laut :)

Ooh, I've just discovered that if you highlight the text (with the
intention of copying it) one of the options is "translate".

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK

Re: Bayreuth Opera Festival

<t0cf1c$b9t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6936&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6936

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 09:05:48 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 09:05 UTC

On 10/03/2022 08:56, Sally Thompson wrote:
> Kate B <elvira@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 08/03/2022 14:33, Tony Smith wrote:
>>> Just been trying to order tickets for the Bayreuther Festspiel this
>>> summer. I have never yet been successful, but the hope is that one's
>>> name works up their priorities year by year.
>>>
>>> Has any rat ever managed to get there?
>>> Ist es irgendeiner Ratte gelungen, dorthin zu gehen?
>>>
>> Leider nicht. Bin aber im anderen Bayreuther Theater gewesen, was
>> einfach fabelhaft ist. Und nicht gar so laut :)
>>

> Ooh, I've just discovered that if you highlight the text (with the
> intention of copying it) one of the options is "translate".

To avoid disappointment I assume this is only(?) a feature in NewsTap.

john

Re: Bayreuth Opera Festival

<t0cgbo$5ri$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6937&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6937

From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 09:28:24 +0000
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 09:28 UTC

On 10/03/2022 09:05, John Ashby wrote:
> On 10/03/2022 08:56, Sally Thompson wrote:
>> Kate B <elvira@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Leider nicht. Bin aber im anderen Bayreuther Theater gewesen, was
>>> einfach fabelhaft ist. Und nicht gar so laut :)
>>>

>> Ooh, I've just discovered that if you highlight the text (with the
>> intention of copying it) one of the options is "translate".
>>

> To avoid disappointment I assume this is only(?) a feature in NewsTap.

I don't know that it's only in NewsTap but, sadly, it certainly doesn't
seem to be present in Thunderbird and I can't even see any obvious
add-ons which will offer that :(

--
Best wishes, Serena
If God made us in his image, we've certainly returned the compliment

Re: Bayreuth Opera Festival

<j8ufsmF6pttU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6943&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6943

From: sally.th...@gmail.com.invalid (Sally Thompson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: 10 Mar 2022 14:22:14 GMT
 by: Sally Thompson - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 14:22 UTC

Peter Withey <pete@never.here> wrote:
> On 10 Mar 2022 08:56:45 GMT, Sally Thompson
> <sally.thompson000@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Kate B <elvira@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Leider nicht. Bin aber im anderen Bayreuther Theater gewesen, was
>>> einfach fabelhaft ist. Und nicht gar so laut :)
>>>

>> Ooh, I've just discovered that if you highlight the text (with the
>> intention of copying it) one of the options is "translate".
>
> Sadly, not in Forte Agent. What are you using Sally?

NewsTap on an iPad. Sorry everyone else!

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK

Re: Bayreuth Opera Festival

<j8ugm3F6u9hU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6945&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6945

From: elv...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Kate B)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 14:35:48 +0000
 by: Kate B - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 14:35 UTC

On 10/03/2022 14:22, Sally Thompson wrote:
> Peter Withey <pete@never.here> wrote:
>> On 10 Mar 2022 08:56:45 GMT, Sally Thompson
>> <sally.thompson000@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>>> Ooh, I've just discovered that if you highlight the text (with the
>>> intention of copying it) one of the options is "translate".
>>
>> Sadly, not in Forte Agent. What are you using Sally?
>
> NewsTap on an iPad. Sorry everyone else!

For the benefit of non-German speakers, let me make up for the
negligence of all newsreaders except Newstap:

Tony wrote
Has any Rat successfully gone there?

And I replied:
Sadly, no. I have however been to the other Bayreuth theatre, which is
simply fabulous. And not quite so loud :)

This has been an offentlicher Dienst announcement.

--
Kate B

Re: Bayreuth Opera Festival

<j8uhmjF74a6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6946&group=uk.media.radio.archers#6946

From: NemoN...@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 14:53:02 +0000
 by: Jenny M Benson - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 14:53 UTC

On 10/03/2022 14:22, Sally Thompson wrote:
>>> Ooh, I've just discovered that if you highlight the text (with the
>>> intention of copying it) one of the options is "translate".
>> Sadly, not in Forte Agent. What are you using Sally?

I have chosen to go down the MS Windows route and if this occasionally
causes some inconvenience that could have been avoided with Apple stuff
I do not complain. There are however, a few people who really annoy me.
They have chosen to install a Windows-version-only family history
program on their Macs and every few months they bombard the program's
mailing list with complaints about the failure of the developers to
produce a Mac version of the program.

Typical of the
if-I-can't-have-everything-I-want-it's-not-fair-and-I'll-complain-loudly
generation who seem so prevalent nowadays. Of course, you know who I blame.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK