Nietzsche is pietzsche, but Schiller is killer, and Goethe is moethe.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: HE'S DONE IT !!!

SubjectAuthor
* HE'S DONE IT !!!soup
+* HE'S DONE IT !!!Ahem A Rivet's Shot
|`- HE'S DONE IT !!!soup
+- HE'S DONE IT !!!Nick Odell
+* HE'S DONE IT !!!Peter
|`- HE'S DONE IT !!!Richard Robinson
+* HE'S DONE IT !!!Richard Robinson
|`- HE'S DONE IT !!!Tone
`* HE'S DONE IT !!!Tease'n'Seize
 `- HE'S DONE IT !!!Sam Plusnet

1
HE'S DONE IT !!!

<ss9tt9$gls$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6943&group=uk.rec.sheds#6943

From: inva...@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: HE'S DONE IT !!!
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:56:16 +0000
 by: soup - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:56 UTC

Son has just passed his driving theory test, not remarkable for a 27
year old but...

The doctors' opinion was he wouldn't walk or talk .
He was a term baby but he had a condition that premature babies can have
(a lack of surfactents in his lungs) so he was on a ventilator for
8months, nasal CPAP for 4 months then supplementary oxygen and fed
through a gastrostomy (a hole in the stomach wall) till he was about four.
All in all he spent fourteen months in hospital .
He also went to "special" schools Willowpark then Braidburn.

I am so chuffed for him!!

Perhaps now I can get a decent nights sleep and no longer pretend I am
getting one and that everything is so not important.

He did a mock test earlier today and got 100 % (what a confidence boost)
(96$ on the actual test).
And his hazard perception. normally he gets a 44~46 was a 54 on the
actual test. Highest he has ever gotten

Re: HE'S DONE IT !!!

<20220119212528.284043c65485f7f5d56c1d1f@eircom.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6945&group=uk.rec.sheds#6945

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: HE'S DONE IT !!!
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 21:25:28 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 21:25 UTC

On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:56:16 +0000
soup <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:

> Son has just passed his driving theory test, not remarkable for a 27
> year old but...

I've a 26 year old who hasn't - but he doesn't seem to want to and
horse, water, drink ...

> The doctors' opinion was he wouldn't walk or talk .
<snip>
Well done that Son, and well done you for getting him through all
that.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: HE'S DONE IT !!!

<io0hugh70oahcv3lbf8ku0todb996hcrkt@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6946&group=uk.rec.sheds#6946

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 21:31:45 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 21:31 UTC

On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:56:16 +0000, soup <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:

>Son has just passed his driving theory test, not remarkable for a 27
>year old but...
>
> The doctors' opinion was he wouldn't walk or talk .
>He was a term baby but he had a condition that premature babies can have
>(a lack of surfactents in his lungs) so he was on a ventilator for
>8months, nasal CPAP for 4 months then supplementary oxygen and fed
>through a gastrostomy (a hole in the stomach wall) till he was about four.
>All in all he spent fourteen months in hospital .
>He also went to "special" schools Willowpark then Braidburn.
>
>I am so chuffed for him!!
>
>Perhaps now I can get a decent nights sleep and no longer pretend I am
>getting one and that everything is so not important.
>
>He did a mock test earlier today and got 100 % (what a confidence boost)
>(96$ on the actual test).
>And his hazard perception. normally he gets a 44~46 was a 54 on the
>actual test. Highest he has ever gotten

Conga-rats to you and the apprentice! Seems like a glass of something
special is called for tonight!

Nick

Re: HE'S DONE IT !!!

<XnsAE24DDB849CC4Factura3476@144.76.35.252>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6948&group=uk.rec.sheds#6948

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 21:47:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 21:47 UTC

soup <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in news:ss9tt9$gls$1@dont-email.me:

> Son has just passed his driving theory test, not remarkable for a 27
> year old but...
>
> The doctors' opinion was he wouldn't walk or talk .
> He was a term baby but he had a condition that premature babies can
> have (a lack of surfactents in his lungs) so he was on a ventilator
> for 8months, nasal CPAP for 4 months then supplementary oxygen and fed
> through a gastrostomy (a hole in the stomach wall) till he was about
> four. All in all he spent fourteen months in hospital .
> He also went to "special" schools Willowpark then Braidburn.
>
> I am so chuffed for him!!
>
> Perhaps now I can get a decent nights sleep and no longer pretend I am
> getting one and that everything is so not important.
>
> He did a mock test earlier today and got 100 % (what a confidence
> boost) (96$ on the actual test).
> And his hazard perception. normally he gets a 44~46 was a 54 on the
> actual test. Highest he has ever gotten

Hoorah! (TFD)

--
Peter
-----

Re: HE'S DONE IT !!!

<loOdnUGFGs7QCnX8nZ2dnUU7-f2dnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6950&group=uk.rec.sheds#6950

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: richa...@privacy.net (Richard Robinson)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 16:57:17 -0600
 by: Richard Robinson - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 22:57 UTC

soup said:
> Son has just passed his driving theory test, not remarkable for a 27
> year old but...
>
> The doctors' opinion was he wouldn't walk or talk .
> He was a term baby but he had a condition that premature babies can have
> (a lack of surfactents in his lungs) so he was on a ventilator for
> 8months, nasal CPAP for 4 months then supplementary oxygen and fed
> through a gastrostomy (a hole in the stomach wall) till he was about four.
> All in all he spent fourteen months in hospital .
> He also went to "special" schools Willowpark then Braidburn.
>
> I am so chuffed for him!!
>
> Perhaps now I can get a decent nights sleep and no longer pretend I am
> getting one and that everything is so not important.
>
> He did a mock test earlier today and got 100 % (what a confidence boost)
> (96$ on the actual test).
> And his hazard perception. normally he gets a 44~46 was a 54 on the
> actual test. Highest he has ever gotten

Blimey. Congratulations all round !

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: HE'S DONE IT !!!

<loOdnUCFGs4aCnX8nZ2dnUU7-f2dnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6951&group=uk.rec.sheds#6951

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: richa...@privacy.net (Richard Robinson)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 16:58:15 -0600
 by: Richard Robinson - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 22:58 UTC

Peter said:
> soup <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in news:ss9tt9$gls$1@dont-email.me:
>
>> Son has just passed his driving theory test, not remarkable for a 27
>> year old but...
>
> Hoorah! (TFD)

An achievement in itself, when behind the wheel.

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: HE'S DONE IT !!!

<ssadap$vu4$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6952&group=uk.rec.sheds#6952

From: ema...@address.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 01:19:25 +0000
 by: Tone - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 01:19 UTC

On 19/01/2022 22:57, Richard Robinson wrote:
> soup said:
>> Son has just passed his driving theory test, not remarkable for a 27
>> year old but...
>>
>> The doctors' opinion was he wouldn't walk or talk .
>> He was a term baby but he had a condition that premature babies can have
>> (a lack of surfactents in his lungs) so he was on a ventilator for
>> 8months, nasal CPAP for 4 months then supplementary oxygen and fed
>> through a gastrostomy (a hole in the stomach wall) till he was about four.
>> All in all he spent fourteen months in hospital .
>> He also went to "special" schools Willowpark then Braidburn.
>>
>> I am so chuffed for him!!
>>
>> Perhaps now I can get a decent nights sleep and no longer pretend I am
>> getting one and that everything is so not important.
>>
>> He did a mock test earlier today and got 100 % (what a confidence boost)
>> (96$ on the actual test).
>> And his hazard perception. normally he gets a 44~46 was a 54 on the
>> actual test. Highest he has ever gotten
>
> Blimey. Congratulations all round !

Likewise. Impressed!

Tone

Re: HE'S DONE IT !!!

<MdGdnd6z15zqhHT8nZ2dnUU7-WGdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6953&group=uk.rec.sheds#6953

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 08:12:38 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 08:12 UTC

soup wrote:

> Son has just passed his driving theory test

Well done that souplet.

Re: HE'S DONE IT !!!

<ssc7l2$i24$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6962&group=uk.rec.sheds#6962

From: inva...@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 17:54:42 +0000
 by: soup - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 17:54 UTC

On 19/01/2022 21:25, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:56:16 +0000
> soup <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> Son has just passed his driving theory test, not remarkable for a 27
>> year old but...
>
> I've a 26 year old who hasn't - but he doesn't seem to want to and
> horse, water, drink ...

TBH I didn't learn till I was in my mid 50s.

Saw no need as I live in Edinburgh which has fantastic public transport.
I only learned when we needed a car.

Now, I wouldn't be without one , as it allows so many freedoms.

It is a self charging Hybrid so my green conscience (such as it it ) is
partially mollified. Have seen minute readings of 150MPG (car computer
logs petrol usage and electric consumption in minute intervals), it does
50~60 MPG without thinking about it, 70~80 if being careful.

Re: HE'S DONE IT !!!

<lPjGJ.219119$Imt7.189761@fx09.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6970&group=uk.rec.sheds#6970

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 20:42:56 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 20:42 UTC

On 20-Jan-22 8:12, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
> soup wrote:
>
>> Son has just passed his driving theory test
>
> Well done that souplet.

Indeed. That is a major milestone.

--
Sam Plusnet