He who laughs last usually had to have joke explained.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Sad Tidings

SubjectAuthor
* Sad TidingsSn!pe
+* Sad TidingsPeter
|`* Sad TidingsLydia Dustbin
| +- Sad TidingsSn!pe
| +- Sad TidingsAhem A Rivet's Shot
| +- Sad TidingsPeter
| `* Sad TidingsRustyHinge
|  +- Sad TidingsSam Plusnet
|  `* Sad TidingsRichard Robinson
|   `* Sad TidingsSam Plusnet
|    +* Sad TidingsRustyHinge
|    |`* Sad TidingsNick Odell
|    | `- Sad TidingsRustyHinge
|    +- Sad TidingsRichard Robinson
|    `- Sad TidingsTim+
+- Sad TidingsTease'n'Seize
`- Sad TidingsRustyHinge

1
Sad Tidings

<1plzndp.1hqivthzt9m4bN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6929&group=uk.rec.sheds#6929

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Sad Tidings
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 17:40:32 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 17:40 UTC

Lydia Dustbin aka Wumpus aka Veronica has asked me to let old-time
Shedi know that her Man On The Other Computer (MOTOC) has shut his
shed door. She'd tell you herself but apparently her Usenet knowhow
has been driven out by "The jelly babies have moved into my brain."

I'll be happy to relay any messages that anyshedi might want to send.

--
^Ï^ <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: Sad Tidings

<XnsAE23C8D0B149CFactura3476@144.76.35.252>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6930&group=uk.rec.sheds#6930

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Sad Tidings
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 19:44:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 19:44 UTC

snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in news:1plzndp.1hqivthzt9m4bN%snipeco.2
@gmail.com:

> Lydia Dustbin aka Wumpus aka Veronica has asked me to let old-time
> Shedi know that her Man On The Other Computer (MOTOC) has shut his
> shed door. She'd tell you herself but apparently her Usenet knowhow
> has been driven out by "The jelly babies have moved into my brain."
>
> I'll be happy to relay any messages that anyshedi might want to send.

So sorry to hear that. Deepest sympathies to arWumpus.

--
Peter
-----

Re: Sad Tidings

<Uemdnb2CCM-Ir3r8nZ2dnUU7-a3NnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6932&group=uk.rec.sheds#6932

Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:33:09 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:33 UTC

snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> (MOTOC) has shut his shed door.

I don't really remember her making reference to MOTOC, just wumpussing chamines,
but commiserations in any case.

Re: Sad Tidings

<ss7gsf$drb$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6936&group=uk.rec.sheds#6936

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 23:01:34 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 23:01 UTC

On 18/01/2022 17:40, Sn!pe wrote:

> Lydia Dustbin aka Wumpus aka Veronica has asked me to let old-time
> Shedi know that her Man On The Other Computer (MOTOC) has shut his
> shed door. She'd tell you herself but apparently her Usenet knowhow
> has been driven out by "The jelly babies have moved into my brain."
>
> I'll be happy to relay any messages that anyshedi might want to send.

Please convey my heartfelt condolences to Lyd/Wumpus/Veronica for her
losses.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Sad Tidings

<b8932476-55dd-40ef-9df8-7d5671727aa3n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6941&group=uk.rec.sheds#6941

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 12:20:21 -0800 (PST)
From: lydiadus...@gmail.com (Lydia Dustbin)
 by: Lydia Dustbin - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:20 UTC

On Tuesday, 18 January 2022 at 19:44:12 UTC, Peter wrote:
> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in news:1plzndp.1hqivthzt9m4bN%snipeco.2
> @gmail.com:
> > Lydia Dustbin aka Wumpus aka Veronica has asked me to let old-time
> > Shedi know that her Man On The Other Computer (MOTOC) has shut his
> > shed door. She'd tell you herself but apparently her Usenet knowhow
> > has been driven out by "The jelly babies have moved into my brain."
> >
> > I'll be happy to relay any messages that anyshedi might want to send.
> >
> So sorry to hear that. Deepest sympathies to arWumpus.
>
> --
> Peter
> -----

Ta, Peter, but before I shock everyone with steely flashing eyeball and furious gnashing of fangs please to remember not all marriages are made in heaven. And, thoughbut Covid shut up in the attic is mighty pain in the... Neat little female botty, it's a bloody good excuse to tell so-called close and grieving friends that there will be no funeral or gathering and if you lot want to collect to wail then you will do so without my damn help.

I'm a bitch. But thankfully a bitch on oxygen with raaaather bad COPD. My own fault, yes. Meanwhile, I lie here chomping on a porkpie, trying to stab a gherkin that has slipped between my boobies without doing open heart surgery and wondering where the hell that last tomato went.

Love to all who ever did a wumpus on their hard drives and lord, I HATE Android.

Lydia.

Re: Sad Tidings

<1pm1qjj.fyg5d71i9gft1N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6942&group=uk.rec.sheds#6942

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:37:28 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:37 UTC

Lydia Dustbin <lydiadustbin924@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 18 January 2022 at 19:44:12 UTC, Peter wrote:
> > snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in news:1plzndp.1hqivthzt9m4bN%snipeco.2
> > @gmail.com:
> > > Lydia Dustbin aka Wumpus aka Veronica has asked me to let old-time
> > > Shedi know that her Man On The Other Computer (MOTOC) has shut his
> > > shed door. She'd tell you herself but apparently her Usenet knowhow
> > > has been driven out by "The jelly babies have moved into my brain."
> > >
> > > I'll be happy to relay any messages that anyshedi might want to send.
> > >
> > So sorry to hear that. Deepest sympathies to arWumpus.
> >
> > --
> > Peter
> > -----
>
> Ta, Peter, but before I shock everyone with steely flashing eyeball and
> furious gnashing of fangs please to remember not all marriages are made in
> heaven. And, thoughbut Covid shut up in the attic is mighty pain in the...
> Neat little female botty, it's a bloody good excuse to tell so-called
> close and grieving friends that there will be no funeral or gathering and
> if you lot want to collect to wail then you will do so without my damn
> help.
>
> I'm a bitch. But thankfully a bitch on oxygen with raaaather bad COPD. My
> own fault, yes. Meanwhile, I lie here chomping on a porkpie, trying to
> stab a gherkin that has slipped between my boobies without doing open
> heart surgery and wondering where the hell that last tomato went.
>
> Love to all who ever did a wumpus on their hard drives and lord, I HATE
> Android.
>
> Lydia.

Hooray! Good for you, Lyd.

--
^Ï^ <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: Sad Tidings

<20220119211436.ab63359be5930a4be89f7b5f@eircom.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6944&group=uk.rec.sheds#6944

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 21:14:36 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 21:14 UTC

On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 12:20:21 -0800 (PST)
Lydia Dustbin <lydiadustbin924@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ta, Peter, but before I shock everyone with steely flashing eyeball and
> furious gnashing of fangs please to remember not all marriages are made
> in heaven.

I've been silent because I'm a relative newcomer in ye shedde and
we've hardly crossed paths, but along with my condolences may I offer this
insight - my own marriage was certainly not made in heaven but we made it
through the several crises without divorcing to finally became friends and
companions and we stayed together until she died nearly four years ago now.
It wasn't until afterwards that I came to realise just how important that
friendship and companionship was - and how confining it was too.

All of life is a curate's egg - but it still hurts when it breaks
even though the bad bits are gone too.

Once again my sincere condolences.

Feel free to think I'm full of penc - I probably am.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Sad Tidings

<XnsAE24DD5BC73DBFactura3476@144.76.35.252>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6947&group=uk.rec.sheds#6947

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 21:45:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 21:45 UTC

Lydia Dustbin <lydiadustbin924@gmail.com> wrote in

> I'm a bitch. But thankfully a bitch on oxygen with raaaather bad COPD.
> My own fault, yes.

Oh dear, I hope you feel better soon. But why is it your fault? Do tell.

--
Peter
-----

Re: Sad Tidings

<ssa23l$6g5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6949&group=uk.rec.sheds#6949

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 22:07:47 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 22:07 UTC

On 19/01/2022 20:20, Lydia Dustbin wrote:
> On Tuesday, 18 January 2022 at 19:44:12 UTC, Peter wrote:
>> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in news:1plzndp.1hqivthzt9m4bN%snipeco.2
>> @gmail.com:
>>> Lydia Dustbin aka Wumpus aka Veronica has asked me to let old-time
>>> Shedi know that her Man On The Other Computer (MOTOC) has shut his
>>> shed door. She'd tell you herself but apparently her Usenet knowhow
>>> has been driven out by "The jelly babies have moved into my brain."
>>>
>>> I'll be happy to relay any messages that anyshedi might want to send.
>>>
>> So sorry to hear that. Deepest sympathies to arWumpus.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> -----
>
> Ta, Peter, but before I shock everyone with steely flashing eyeball and furious gnashing of fangs please to remember not all marriages are made in heaven. And, thoughbut Covid shut up in the attic is mighty pain in the... Neat little female botty, it's a bloody good excuse to tell so-called close and grieving friends that there will be no funeral or gathering and if you lot want to collect to wail then you will do so without my damn help.
>
> I'm a bitch. But thankfully a bitch on oxygen with raaaather bad COPD. My own fault, yes. Meanwhile, I lie here chomping on a porkpie, trying to stab a gherkin that has slipped between my boobies without doing open heart surgery and wondering where the hell that last tomato went.
>
> Love to all who ever did a wumpus on their hard drives and lord, I HATE Android.
>
> Lydia.

Glad to hear you're keeping abreast of things Lyd. I goove I saw that
tomato scurry under the hi-fi, pursued by a terrified gherkin.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Sad Tidings

<5NjGJ.219118$Imt7.38235@fx09.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6969&group=uk.rec.sheds#6969

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 20:40:32 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 20:40 UTC

On 19-Jan-22 22:07, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 19/01/2022 20:20, Lydia Dustbin wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 18 January 2022 at 19:44:12 UTC, Peter wrote:
>>> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in news:1plzndp.1hqivthzt9m4bN%snipeco.2
>>> @gmail.com:

>>> So sorry to hear that. Deepest sympathies to arWumpus.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter
>>> -----
>>
>> Ta, Peter, but before I shock everyone with steely flashing eyeball
>> and furious gnashing of fangs please to remember not all marriages are
>> made in heaven. And, thoughbut Covid shut up in the attic is mighty
>> pain in the... Neat little female botty, it's a bloody good excuse to
>> tell so-called close and grieving friends that there will be no
>> funeral or gathering and if you lot want to collect to wail then you
>> will do so without my damn help.
>>
>> I'm a bitch. But thankfully a bitch on oxygen with raaaather bad COPD.
>> My own fault, yes. Meanwhile, I lie here chomping on a porkpie, trying
>> to stab a gherkin that has slipped between my boobies without doing
>> open heart surgery and wondering where the hell that last tomato went.
>>
>> Love to all who ever did a wumpus on their hard drives and lord, I
>> HATE Android.
>>
>> Lydia.
>
> Glad to hear you're keeping abreast of things Lyd. I goove I saw that
> tomato scurry under the hi-fi, pursued by a terrified gherkin.

We don't have gherkins. We has cornichon.

(I have no idea why)

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Sad Tidings

<7tGdnby1tOFw73f8nZ2dnUU7-bOdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6982&group=uk.rec.sheds#6982

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: richa...@privacy.net (Richard Robinson)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 02:46:37 -0600
 by: Richard Robinson - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 08:46 UTC

RustyHinge said:
> On 19/01/2022 20:20, Lydia Dustbin wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 18 January 2022 at 19:44:12 UTC, Peter wrote:
>>> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in news:1plzndp.1hqivthzt9m4bN%snipeco.2
>>> @gmail.com:

>>> So sorry to hear that. Deepest sympathies to arWumpus.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter
>>> -----
>>
>> Ta, Peter, but before I shock everyone with steely flashing eyeball and furious gnashing of fangs please to remember not all marriages are made in heaven. And, thoughbut Covid shut up in the attic is mighty pain in the... Neat little female botty, it's a bloody good excuse to tell so-called close and grieving friends that there will be no funeral or gathering and if you lot want to collect to wail then you will do so without my damn help.
>>
>> I'm a bitch. But thankfully a bitch on oxygen with raaaather bad COPD. My own fault, yes. Meanwhile, I lie here chomping on a porkpie, trying to stab a gherkin that has slipped between my boobies without doing open heart surgery and wondering where the hell that last tomato went.
>>
>> Love to all who ever did a wumpus on their hard drives and lord, I HATE Android.
>>
>> Lydia.
>
> Glad to hear you're keeping abreast of things Lyd. I goove I saw that
> tomato scurry under the hi-fi, pursued by a terrified gherkin.

It's good that it was too scared to try the heart surgery.

And, sorry to hear it, Madame Dustbin, whatever the details.

Whatever you do, don't ask about that damn bell, it's tolling too often.

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: Sad Tidings

<_fDGJ.166148$%Gk6.42236@fx10.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6993&group=uk.rec.sheds#6993

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 18:50:34 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 18:50 UTC

On 21-Jan-22 8:46, Richard Robinson wrote:
> RustyHinge said:

>>> Ta, Peter, but before I shock everyone with steely flashing eyeball and furious gnashing of fangs please to remember not all marriages are made in heaven. And, thoughbut Covid shut up in the attic is mighty pain in the... Neat little female botty, it's a bloody good excuse to tell so-called close and grieving friends that there will be no funeral or gathering and if you lot want to collect to wail then you will do so without my damn help.
>>>
>>> I'm a bitch. But thankfully a bitch on oxygen with raaaather bad COPD. My own fault, yes. Meanwhile, I lie here chomping on a porkpie, trying to stab a gherkin that has slipped between my boobies without doing open heart surgery and wondering where the hell that last tomato went.
>>>
>>> Love to all who ever did a wumpus on their hard drives and lord, I HATE Android.
>>>
>>> Lydia.
>>
>> Glad to hear you're keeping abreast of things Lyd. I goove I saw that
>> tomato scurry under the hi-fi, pursued by a terrified gherkin.
>
> It's good that it was too scared to try the heart surgery.
>

> And, sorry to hear it, Madame Dustbin, whatever the details.
>
> Whatever you do, don't ask about that damn bell, it's tolling too often.

When you was a kid, a bell meant it was playtime. Remind me why we grow up?

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Sad Tidings

<ssf2eb$6ap$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6995&group=uk.rec.sheds#6995

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:44:10 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:44 UTC

On 21/01/2022 18:50, Sam Plusnet wrote:

> When you was a kid, a bell meant it was playtime.  Remind me why we grow
> up?

It also meant playtime was over.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Sad Tidings

<p4cmughn298k6sdpdb59ai6n6apiae61kc@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6996&group=uk.rec.sheds#6996

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 22:16:56 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 22:16 UTC

On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:44:10 +0000, RustyHinge
<rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

>On 21/01/2022 18:50, Sam Plusnet wrote:
>
>> When you was a kid, a bell meant it was playtime.  Remind me why we grow
>> up?
>
>It also meant playtime was over.

Ah but you useder be a teecher. You know about things like that. When
you are a pupil you only hear the going out bell.

Nick

Re: Sad Tidings

<ssfcd8$ehh$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6997&group=uk.rec.sheds#6997

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 22:34:15 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 22:34 UTC

On 21/01/2022 22:16, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:44:10 +0000, RustyHinge
> <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 21/01/2022 18:50, Sam Plusnet wrote:
>>
>>> When you was a kid, a bell meant it was playtime.  Remind me why we grow
>>> up?
>>
>> It also meant playtime was over.
>
> Ah but you useder be a teecher. You know about things like that. When
> you are a pupil you only hear the going out bell.

Arbut before I were a teechur I were a poopill.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Sad Tidings

<s4mdnX5YFaHxbXb8nZ2dnUU7-U-dnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6999&group=uk.rec.sheds#6999

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: richa...@privacy.net (Richard Robinson)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 05:54:20 -0600
 by: Richard Robinson - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 11:54 UTC

Sam Plusnet said:
> On 21-Jan-22 8:46, Richard Robinson wrote:
>>
>> Whatever you do, don't ask about that damn bell, it's tolling too often.
>>
> When you was a kid, a bell meant it was playtime. Remind me why we grow up?

Because the other options are even worse ?

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: Sad Tidings

<1121092466.664563966.347012.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7007&group=uk.rec.sheds#7007

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 22 Jan 2022 17:07:37 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 17:07 UTC

Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
> On 21-Jan-22 8:46, Richard Robinson wrote:
>> RustyHinge said:

>>> Glad to hear you're keeping abreast of things Lyd. I goove I saw that
>>> tomato scurry under the hi-fi, pursued by a terrified gherkin.
>>
>> It's good that it was too scared to try the heart surgery.
>>

>> And, sorry to hear it, Madame Dustbin, whatever the details.
>>
>> Whatever you do, don't ask about that damn bell, it's tolling too often.
>>
> When you was a kid, a bell meant it was playtime. Remind me why we grow up?

So we can go to the pub and teach our grandchildren to do things that their
parents won’t teach them.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls