From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: New Garmin products for the victim cyclist
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:28:42 +0000
 by: Spike - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:28 UTC

> Garmin has been granted a patent for a bicycle radar system that incorporates a camera that starts recording video when dangers approach from behind, allowing the collection of evidence...

....in the event of a miss.

Won't be long now before 'Near Miss of the Day' contains postings from
whining cyclists saying "DANGEROUS NEAR FOLLOWING! VEHICLE WAS ONLY 100
YARDS BEHIND! SEE HORROR VIDEO ON ROAD.CC IN FULL UHD!"

Will these cameras take videos of the walkers the cyclist has just run
over? Or can that be instantly deleted?

> Garmin already offers bike radar systems: the Varia R315 (link is external) (£129.99) warns of vehicles up to 140 metres away

I hope they have adequate batteries, on city streets they'll be
recording all the time.

Spike

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / New Garmin products for the victim cyclist