I selected E5 ... but I didn't hear "Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs"!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Cyclist seriously injured after car driver was blinded by the sun

SubjectAuthor
* Cyclist seriously injured after car driver was blinded by the sunswldx...@gmail.com
+- Second mention in a few days of a cyclist dressed in black beingSpike
`- Re: Cyclist seriously injured after car driver was blinded by the sunswldx...@gmail.com

1
Cyclist seriously injured after car driver was blinded by the sun

<9fbdacc7-bc18-4626-aa9b-90a1ff98c58fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7013&group=uk.rec.cycling#7013

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 10:18:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cyclist seriously injured after car driver was blinded by the sun
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:18 UTC

The old favourite wriggle.

A DRIVER was blinded by the sun when he collided with a cyclist at Chapeltown Road, Bromley Cross, a court heard.

Cyclist Andrew Ramsbottom suffered serious injuries in the collision on July 21 last year and needed treatment at Salford Royal Hospital for a bleed on the brain.

At Bolton Magistrates’ Court Benjamin Dalton was fined £355 after admitting careless driving.

James Gore, prosecuting, told the court how, just before 8pm, Dalton was driving a Citroen along Darwen Road and Mr Ramsbottom was cycling in the opposite direction.

But after heading under the railway bridge, Dalton turned right into Chapeltown Road and collided with Mr Ramsbottom.

“Effectively what has happened is he has turned right too soon, gone into the opposing carriageway in Chapeltown Road and he has hit the cyclist,” said Mr Gore.

“It caused him [the cyclist] to be thrown from the vehicle and he sustained serious injuries as a result.”

The court heard that damage to the bicycle is estimated at £3,000.

Dalton, who has no previous convictions, remained at the scene and went to the cyclist’s aid.

Simon Leong, defending, said 36-year-old Dalton, is remorseful.

“He wasn’t driving excessively in terms of speed or aggressively,” he said.

“Mr Dalton is driving along and passes under a bridge and when he comes out from under the bridge the sun is very low.

“It is in his eyes, Mr Ramsbottom is travelling in the opposite direction and all dressed in black. (WELL SPOTTED - YOU SAW HIM THEN?)

“Unfortunately, Mr Dalton simply did not see the cyclist and there were very serious consequences.”

He added that Dalton, a roller shutter engineer of Tonge Moor Road, Bolton, suffers anxiety as a result of the harm he caused.

The court heard that Dalton cares for his father, who has dementia and needs his driving licence for work.

“The defendant is very, very remorseful for his actions that day and deeply regrets what happened,” said Mr Leong.

Magistrate James Fisher described Dalton’s behaviour as a “momentary lapse in concentration” and fined him £355 plus £85 in prosecution costs and £35 towards funding victim services.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19994635.cyclist-seriously-injured-car-driver-blinded-sun/

Second mention in a few days of a cyclist dressed in black being seriously injured

<j9elojF2ba4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7018&group=uk.rec.cycling#7018

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Second mention in a few days of a cyclist dressed in black being
seriously injured
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:40:36 +0000
 by: Spike - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:40 UTC

On 16/03/2022 17:18, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> A DRIVER was blinded by the sun when he collided with a cyclist at Chapeltown Road, Bromley Cross, a court heard.

> Cyclist Andrew Ramsbottom suffered serious injuries in the collision on July 21 last year and needed treatment at Salford Royal Hospital for a bleed on the brain.

> At Bolton Magistrates’ Court Benjamin Dalton was fined £355 after admitting careless driving.

> Dalton, who has no previous convictions, remained at the scene and went to the cyclist’s aid.

> Simon Leong, defending, said 36-year-old Dalton, is remorseful.

> “He wasn’t driving excessively in terms of speed or aggressively,” he said.

> “Mr Dalton is driving along and passes under a bridge and when he comes out from under the bridge the sun is very low.

> “It is in his eyes, Mr Ramsbottom is travelling in the opposite direction and all dressed in black.

> (WELL SPOTTED - YOU SAW HIM THEN?)

DALTON REMAINED AT THE SCENE AND WENT TO THE CYCLISTS AID

HE PROBABLY NOTICED WHAT THE CYCLIST WAS WEARING

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist seriously injured after car driver was blinded by the sun

<e99dd173-a5ab-4f5c-93d8-a699128e45a9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7020&group=uk.rec.cycling#7020

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 10:45:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:45 UTC

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 5:18:22 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> The old favourite wriggle.

> “It is in his eyes, Mr Ramsbottom is travelling in the opposite direction and all dressed in black. (WELL SPOTTED - YOU SAW HIM THEN?)

QUOTE:
"The invisible cyclist was wearing dark green trousers, a dark blue jacket, dark red socks, dark brown shoes, a dark grey hat and he had Sennheiser earpieces in.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Cyclist seriously injured after car driver was blinded by the sun