From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: End of Loaf
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 12:58:54 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 12:58 UTC

Meat Loaf has shut his garage door.

I started riding at just the same time as "Bat Out Of Hell" came out.
That was very much the soundtrack to my early biking years. Also got to
see him at the NEC - he had an amazing amount of energy, especially
considering his not inconsiderable size.

This was a brilliant performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUcEVkfuZ9U

Re: End of Loaf

<2r2oughp5k2prv0vbv06uvbrb5pv0nqisq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7002&group=uk.rec.sheds#7002

From: hub...@ccanoemail.ca
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: End of Loaf
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 09:01:22 -0500
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.ca - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 14:01 UTC

On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 12:58:54 +0000, Mike Fleming <mike@tauzero.co.uk>
wrote:

>Meat Loaf has shut his garage door.
>
>I started riding at just the same time as "Bat Out Of Hell" came out.
>That was very much the soundtrack to my early biking years. Also got to
>see him at the NEC - he had an amazing amount of energy, especially
>considering his not inconsiderable size.
>
>This was a brilliant performance:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUcEVkfuZ9U

Thanks for that - the link was geo-locked from me in Canada -
but forced me to look for Old Grey Whistle Test on youtube -
.... which I'd never heard of < ! > .. some utubin' to do there.

from CBC Radio - Coach Meat :

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-the-friday-edition-1.6323484/that-time-meat-loaf-coached-a-high-school-girls-softball-team-1.6323486

John T.

Re: End of Loaf

<6vrougtc82qsgotlls0ctngnkoeduu6t0u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7010&group=uk.rec.sheds#7010

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 21:03:59 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 21:03 UTC

On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 09:01:22 -0500, hubops@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 12:58:54 +0000, Mike Fleming <mike@tauzero.co.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>Meat Loaf has shut his garage door.
>>
>>I started riding at just the same time as "Bat Out Of Hell" came out.
>>That was very much the soundtrack to my early biking years. Also got to
>>see him at the NEC - he had an amazing amount of energy, especially
>>considering his not inconsiderable size.
>>
>>This was a brilliant performance:
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUcEVkfuZ9U
>

>Thanks for that - the link was geo-locked from me in Canada -
>but forced me to look for Old Grey Whistle Test on youtube -
>... which I'd never heard of < ! > .. some utubin' to do there.
>
> from CBC Radio - Coach Meat :
>
>https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-the-friday-edition-1.6323484/that-time-meat-loaf-coached-a-high-school-girls-softball-team-1.6323486
>
> John T.

"Geolocked" I'm sure there are VPNs and the like which can deal with
stuff like that but, depending on just how keen you are to watch that
item, you might consider a little trick of mine?

When I come across something geolocked I simply download it to my
machine and watch it from there. Unless your on-line download tool (I
usually use Clipconverter.io) is geolocked too, the download will
happen as normal and then you can watch it locally and delete/keep the
file afterwards.

Nick

Re: End of Loaf

<5uvougpm3p7u976neu91t7mvup6go5ld82@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7012&group=uk.rec.sheds#7012

From: hub...@ccanoemail.ca
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 17:13:54 -0500
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.ca - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 22:13 UTC

On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 21:03:59 +0000, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 09:01:22 -0500, hubops@ccanoemail.ca wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 12:58:54 +0000, Mike Fleming <mike@tauzero.co.uk>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Meat Loaf has shut his garage door.
>>>
>>>I started riding at just the same time as "Bat Out Of Hell" came out.
>>>That was very much the soundtrack to my early biking years. Also got to
>>>see him at the NEC - he had an amazing amount of energy, especially
>>>considering his not inconsiderable size.
>>>
>>>This was a brilliant performance:
>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUcEVkfuZ9U
>>

>>Thanks for that - the link was geo-locked from me in Canada -
>>but forced me to look for Old Grey Whistle Test on youtube -
>>... which I'd never heard of < ! > .. some utubin' to do there.
>>
>> from CBC Radio - Coach Meat :
>>
>>https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-the-friday-edition-1.6323484/that-time-meat-loaf-coached-a-high-school-girls-softball-team-1.6323486
>>
>> John T.
>
>"Geolocked" I'm sure there are VPNs and the like which can deal with
>stuff like that but, depending on just how keen you are to watch that
>item, you might consider a little trick of mine?
>
>When I come across something geolocked I simply download it to my
>machine and watch it from there. Unless your on-line download tool (I
>usually use Clipconverter.io) is geolocked too, the download will
>happen as normal and then you can watch it locally and delete/keep the
>file afterwards.
>
>Nick

Thanks for the info. I'll look into clipconverter.
Several years ago I used a video download tool but it
stopped working and I never bothered to look for another.

Your youtube link displayed the following :
Video unavailable
This video contains content from BBC Studios,
who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds
so I don't think it was available to me at all.
< I don't know anything about VPNs >

Occasionally I have worked-around this problem by searching
youtube for an alternative version of the same clip -
but I didn't find this one.
John T.

Re: End of Loaf

<ssj7b3$ike$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7019&group=uk.rec.sheds#7019

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 09:32:19 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 09:32 UTC

Saddened by that news. I'm sure he was supposed to be doing some kind of
limited tour when lockdown hit. Yes he really did need to lose some weight.
Apparently, he could be quite hard to get on with when he was in certain
moods, I hear tell, but then that could apply to most of us I guess.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Mike Fleming" <mike@tauzero.co.uk> wrote in message
> Meat Loaf has shut his garage door.
>
> I started riding at just the same time as "Bat Out Of Hell" came out. That
> was very much the soundtrack to my early biking years. Also got to see him
> at the NEC - he had an amazing amount of energy, especially considering
> his not inconsiderable size.
>
> This was a brilliant performance:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUcEVkfuZ9U

Re: End of Loaf

<ssj7sc$lq9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7020&group=uk.rec.sheds#7020

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 09:41:31 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 09:41 UTC

I've never quite got the blocking of radio and tv on a geographical basis,
as in the main, such things often act as promotions and end up in increased
sales for the artists. Its often just that there are too many lawyers
involved in the complex international rights business, and if only they
could see the big picture this sort of idiocy might end. It happens a lot on
Alexa where a court order has banned tune in from publishing links to
streaming radio stations who do not pay a uk licence.
I did not think it was even legal to block a link unless it was something
like a big criminal organisation, but it seems anything goes these days.

<hubops@ccanoemail.ca> wrote in message
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 21:03:59 +0000, Nick Odell
> <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 09:01:22 -0500, hubops@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

>>>Thanks for that - the link was geo-locked from me in Canada -
>>>but forced me to look for Old Grey Whistle Test on youtube -
>>>... which I'd never heard of < ! > .. some utubin' to do there.
>>>
>>> from CBC Radio - Coach Meat :
>>>
>>>https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-the-friday-edition-1.6323484/that-time-meat-loaf-coached-a-high-school-girls-softball-team-1.6323486
>>>
>>> John T.
>>
>>"Geolocked" I'm sure there are VPNs and the like which can deal with
>>stuff like that but, depending on just how keen you are to watch that
>>item, you might consider a little trick of mine?
>>
>>When I come across something geolocked I simply download it to my
>>machine and watch it from there. Unless your on-line download tool (I
>>usually use Clipconverter.io) is geolocked too, the download will
>>happen as normal and then you can watch it locally and delete/keep the
>>file afterwards.
>>
>>Nick
>

> Thanks for the info. I'll look into clipconverter.
> Several years ago I used a video download tool but it
> stopped working and I never bothered to look for another.
>
> Your youtube link displayed the following :
> Video unavailable
> This video contains content from BBC Studios,
> who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds
> so I don't think it was available to me at all.
> < I don't know anything about VPNs >
>
> Occasionally I have worked-around this problem by searching
> youtube for an alternative version of the same clip -
> but I didn't find this one.
> John T.

Re: End of Loaf

<20220124122001.d7a7bd1399a0798be82fd7d4@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7033&group=uk.rec.sheds#7033

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:20:01 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:20 UTC

On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 12:58:54 +0000
Mike Fleming <mike@tauzero.co.uk> wrote:

> This was a brilliant performance:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUcEVkfuZ9U

Yes it was - but did it have to be that number ? There's a line in
that which *always* brings back the times when "we were doubly blessed"
<sigh>.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/