Please, won't somebody tell me what diddie-wa-diddie means?

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: faked death

SubjectAuthor
* faked deathMax
+* Re: faked deathRod Speed
|+* Re: faked deathMax
||`- Re: faked deathRod Speed
|+* Re: faked deathXeno
||`- Re: faked deathRod Speed
|`* Re: faked deathPeter Jason
| +- Re: faked deathRod Speed
| `* Re: faked deathMax
|  +* Re: faked deathPeter Jason
|  |`- Re: faked deathRod Speed
|  `- Re: faked deathRod Speed
`* Re: faked deathSylvia Else
 +- Re: faked deathPhil Allison
 `- Re: faked deathRod Speed

1
faked death

<tct6jf$r7l$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7019&group=aus.legal#7019

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: faked death
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 18:41:17 +1000
 by: Max - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 08:41 UTC

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-04/jacob-norris-denied-bail-whyalla/101301352

A South Australian man has been charged with faking his own death.

Is it a crime to fake your own death?

It seems as though this man may have wanted to hide, seeing as he took
with him a swag and fire starter pack etc.

But there is no evidence for actually faking his death.

Re: faked death

<op.1qml9e16byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7020&group=aus.legal#7020

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: faked death
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 19:06:40 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 09:06 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-04/jacob-norris-denied-bail-whyalla/101301352

> A South Australian man has been charged with faking his own death.

> Is it a crime to fake your own death?

Yep, particularly when you have been charged and are attempting
to weasel out of the charge, or defrauding insurance etc.

> It seems as though this man may have wanted to hide, seeing as he took
> with him a swag and fire starter pack etc.

And 'all-terrain socks' , whatever the hell those are.

> But there is no evidence for actually faking his death.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something...

Re: faked death

<tcv1n7$1kd$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7021&group=aus.legal#7021

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 11:30:15 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 01:30 UTC

On 9/08/2022 7:06 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>
>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-04/jacob-norris-denied-bail-whyalla/101301352
>>

>> A South Australian man has been charged with faking his own death.
>
>> Is it a crime to fake your own death?
>
> Yep, particularly when you have been charged and are attempting
> to weasel out of the charge, or defrauding insurance etc.
>
>> It seems as though this man may have wanted to hide, seeing as he took
>> with him a swag and fire starter pack etc.
>
> And 'all-terrain socks' , whatever the hell those are.
>
>> But there is no evidence for actually faking his death.
>
> Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something...

There is a difference between wanting to hide and evade authorities, and
faking your own death.

The fact that he parked his car at the beach car park means nothing.

That may have been the best place to leave a car if he wanted to run away.

Re: faked death

<jlghfeFn4jfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7022&group=aus.legal#7022

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 11:54:52 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 01:54 UTC

On 09-Aug-22 6:41 pm, Max wrote:
> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-04/jacob-norris-denied-bail-whyalla/101301352
>

> A South Australian man has been charged with faking his own death.
>
> Is it a crime to fake your own death?
>
> It seems as though this man may have wanted to hide, seeing as he took
> with him a swag and fire starter pack etc.
>
> But there is no evidence for actually faking his death.

Looks as if the charge is under

http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/consol_act/soa1953189/s62a.html

The particular situation looks like an edge case, with the intent being
something for the prosecution to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

The fact that he abandoned his car, rather than selling it, or taking it
to a scrap yard, could count against him.

Sylvia.

Re: faked death

<5ab9ca29-1692-4b88-92d5-6412b4bae9f2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7023&group=aus.legal#7023

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 21:05:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 04:05 UTC

Sylvia Else wrote:
===============

> Looks as if the charge is under
>
> http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/consol_act/soa1953189/s62a.html
>
> The particular situation looks like an edge case, with the intent being
> something for the prosecution to prove beyond reasonable doubt.
>
> The fact that he abandoned his car, rather than selling it, or taking it
> to a scrap yard, could count against him.

** Possibly he has already confessed to the intent to deceive authorities and relatives.

Police know a HUGE amount more than revealed in that dumb news story.

...... Phil

Re: faked death

<op.1qn8c0ygbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7024&group=aus.legal#7024

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 16:01:38 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 06:01 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-04/jacob-norris-denied-bail-whyalla/101301352

>>> A South Australian man has been charged with faking his own death.

>>> Is it a crime to fake your own death?

>> Yep, particularly when you have been charged and are attempting
>> to weasel out of the charge, or defrauding insurance etc.

>>> It seems as though this man may have wanted to hide, seeing as he took
>>> with him a swag and fire starter pack etc.

>> And 'all-terrain socks' , whatever the hell those are.

>>> But there is no evidence for actually faking his death.

>> Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something...

> There is a difference between wanting to hide andevade authorities, and
> faking your own death.

Yes, but if he just wanted to dump the car and abandon it he wouldn't
have left it at the beach, far from where he was headed.

The cops wouldn't have arrested him for just abandoning his car
and the magistrate wouldn't have refused him bail even if the cops
had been stupid enough to arrest him for abandoning his car.

> The fact that he parked his car at the beach car park means nothing.

Wrong, as always.

> That may have been the best place to leave a car if he wanted to run
> away.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something...

Its perfectly legal to go missing, even in south australia.

Re: faked death

<op.1qn8j011byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7025&group=aus.legal#7025

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 16:05:50 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 06:05 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> Max wrote

>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-04/jacob-norris-denied-bail-whyalla/101301352

>> A South Australian man has been charged with faking his own death.
>> Is it a crime to fake your own death?
>> It seems as though this man may have wanted to hide, seeing as he took
>> with him a swag and fire starter pack etc.

>> But there is no evidence for actually faking his death.

> Looks as if the charge is under

> http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/consol_act/soa1953189/s62a.html

> The particular situation looks like an edge case, with the intent being
> something for the prosecution to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

> The fact that he abandoned his car, rather than selling it, or taking it
> to a scrap yard, could count against him.

Bullshit. Plenty just dump a car on the street when it is no longer any
use to them or they don't have time to sell it or get rid of it and are
about to head off somewhere. And the cops don't arrest people for
dumping a car they no longer require.

SA does have some pretty strict privacy law. I bet the cops had
a reason to arrest him that they aren't spelling out in the media.

Re: faked death

<jlhlheFsiqgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7026&group=aus.legal#7026

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 22:10:21 +1000
 by: Xeno - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 12:10 UTC

On 9/8/2022 7:06 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>
>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-04/jacob-norris-denied-bail-whyalla/101301352
>>

>> A South Australian man has been charged with faking his own death.
>
>> Is it a crime to fake your own death?
>
> Yep, particularly when you have been charged and are attempting
> to weasel out of the charge, or defrauding insurance etc.
>
>> It seems as though this man may have wanted to hide, seeing as he took
>> with him a swag and fire starter pack etc.
>
> And 'all-terrain socks' , whatever the hell those are.

Socks for use with all-terrain boots! Plenty of places sell them,
including Kathmandu.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: faked death

<op.1qo4jpdpbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7027&group=aus.legal#7027

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 03:36:51 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 17:36 UTC

Xeno <xenolith@optusnet.com.au> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-04/jacob-norris-denied-bail-whyalla/101301352

>>> A South Australian man has been charged with faking his own death.

>>> Is it a crime to fake your own death?

>> Yep, particularly when you have been charged and are attempting
>> to weasel out of the charge, or defrauding insurance etc.

>>> It seems as though this man may have wanted to hide, seeing as he took
>>> with him a swag and fire starter pack etc.

>> And 'all-terrain socks' , whatever the hell those are.

> Socks for use with all-terrain boots!

No such animal as all terrain boots and he
didnt get arrested with any boots anyway.

> Plenty of places sell them, including Kathmandu.

Bullshit they do.

>>> But there is no evidence for actually faking his death.

>> Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something...

Re: faked death

<0488fhlmg0la7lfnsf23u4olu6hduthm52@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7029&group=aus.legal#7029

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 07:22:06 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 21:22 UTC

On Tue, 09 Aug 2022 19:06:40 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>
>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-04/jacob-norris-denied-bail-whyalla/101301352
>
>> A South Australian man has been charged with faking his own death.
>
>> Is it a crime to fake your own death?
>
>Yep, particularly when you have been charged and are attempting
>to weasel out of the charge, or defrauding insurance etc.
>
>> It seems as though this man may have wanted to hide, seeing as he took
>> with him a swag and fire starter pack etc.
>
>And 'all-terrain socks' , whatever the hell those are.
>
>> But there is no evidence for actually faking his death.
>
>Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something...

I've known of two cases where people just vanish. Much later they
resurface with the explanation of "seeking a new beginning" and also
escaping a toxic relationship/family. Escaping creditors might be
another reason, without the tedium and publicity of going bankrupt.

Re: faked death

<op.1qpj7gzrbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7031&group=aus.legal#7031

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 09:15:06 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 23:15 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-04/jacob-norris-denied-bail-whyalla/101301352

>>> A South Australian man has been charged with faking his own death.

>>> Is it a crime to fake your own death?

>> Yep, particularly when you have been charged and are attempting
>> to weasel out of the charge, or defrauding insurance etc.

>>> It seems as though this man may have wanted to hide,seeing as he took
>>> with him a swag and fire starter pack etc.

>> And 'all-terrain socks' , whatever the hell those are.

>>> But there is no evidence for actually faking his death.

>> Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something...

> I've known of two cases where people just vanish. Much later they
> resurface with the explanation of "seeking a new beginning" and also
> escaping a toxic relationship/family. Escaping creditors might be
> another reason, without the tedium and publicity of going bankrupt.

There are an amazing number of those who go missing forever
every single year. Presumably at least some of them have been
murdered and the body is never found.

With the modern obsession with proof of ID it is
rather harder to do, but the illegals still manage it.

Re: faked death

<17a7a84c-919b-4c66-9114-2180219bac49n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7032&group=aus.legal#7032

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 17:14:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: maxnew...@gmail.com (Max)
 by: Max - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 00:14 UTC

On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 7:22:14 AM UTC+10, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Aug 2022 19:06:40 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Max <m...@val.morgan> wrote
> >
> >> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-04/jacob-norris-denied-bail-whyalla/101301352
> >
> >> A South Australian man has been charged with faking his own death.
> >
> >> Is it a crime to fake your own death?
> >
> >Yep, particularly when you have been charged and are attempting
> >to weasel out of the charge, or defrauding insurance etc.
> >
> >> It seems as though this man may have wanted to hide, seeing as he took
> >> with him a swag and fire starter pack etc.
> >
> >And 'all-terrain socks' , whatever the hell those are.
> >
> >> But there is no evidence for actually faking his death.
> >
> >Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something...
> I've known of two cases where people just vanish. Much later they
> resurface with the explanation of "seeking a new beginning" and also
> escaping a toxic relationship/family. Escaping creditors might be
> another reason, without the tedium and publicity of going bankrupt.

How do they open bank accounts and get ID for things like tax and going on flights?

Re: faked death

<3nj8fhdu9aqdjb4jo0vkmrm060efuarssa@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7033&group=aus.legal#7033

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 10:42:45 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 00:42 UTC

On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 17:14:36 -0700 (PDT), Max <maxnews23@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 7:22:14 AM UTC+10, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Tue, 09 Aug 2022 19:06:40 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Max <m...@val.morgan> wrote

>> >Yep, particularly when you have been charged and are attempting
>> >to weasel out of the charge, or defrauding insurance etc.

>> >And 'all-terrain socks' , whatever the hell those are.

>> >Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something...
>> I've known of two cases where people just vanish. Much later they
>> resurface with the explanation of "seeking a new beginning" and also
>> escaping a toxic relationship/family. Escaping creditors might be
>> another reason, without the tedium and publicity of going bankrupt.
>
>How do they open bank accounts and get ID for things like tax and going on flights?

That is a good question. Perhaps they live "off the grid" for a time.
ID's can be purchased, like driver's licenses. With the high turnover
of staff in Govt institutions, mistakes are made. There's the old
trick of resurrecting the dead.
But it must be difficult these days. In the 80's Bob Hawke tried for
the "Australia Card" but was howled down. Good biometrics makes it
all impossible.....unless one's namesake can co-cooperate in a
shared-name scenario.

Re: faked death

<op.1qpxo7q6byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7036&group=aus.legal#7036

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 14:06:33 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 04:06 UTC

On Thu, 11 Aug 2022 10:14:36 +1000, Max <maxnews23@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 7:22:14 AM UTC+10, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Tue, 09 Aug 2022 19:06:40 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Max <m...@val.morgan> wrote
>> >

>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-04/jacob-norris-denied-bail-whyalla/101301352

>> >Yep, particularly when you have been charged and are attempting
>> >to weasel out of the charge, or defrauding insurance etc.

>> took
>> >
>> >And 'all-terrain socks' , whatever the hell those are.

>> >Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something...
>> I've known of two cases where people just vanish. Much later they
>> resurface with the explanation of "seeking a new beginning" and also
>> escaping a toxic relationship/family. Escaping creditors might be
>> another reason, without the tedium and publicity of going bankrupt.

> How do they open bank accounts

They don't bother with those and use cash
instead or use fake ID like the illegals do.

> and get ID for things like tax

They don't bother with tax, tho that is a problem with
the lower incomes where you get all the paye tax back.

> and going on flights?

Go by car as most people do.

Re: faked death

<op.1qpxuheobyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7037&group=aus.legal#7037

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 14:09:43 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 04:09 UTC

On Thu, 11 Aug 2022 10:42:45 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 17:14:36 -0700 (PDT), Max <maxnews23@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 7:22:14 AM UTC+10, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-04/jacob-norris-denied-bail-whyalla/101301352

>>> took

>>> I've known of two cases where people just vanish. Much later they
>>> resurface with the explanation of "seeking a new beginning" and also
>>> escaping a toxic relationship/family. Escaping creditors might be
>>> another reason, without the tedium and publicity of going bankrupt.
>>
>> How do they open bank accounts and get ID for things like tax and going
>> on flights?

> That is a good question. Perhaps they live "off the grid" for a time.

Just work on a cash only basis. Plenty do that.

> ID's can be purchased, like driver's licenses.

Or just do without, like most of the illegals do.

> With the high turnover
> of staff in Govt institutions, mistakes are made. There's the old
> trick of resurrecting the dead.
> But it must be difficult these days.

More difficult, sure. Still plenty of cash in hand work tho.

> In the 80's Bob Hawke tried for
> the "Australia Card" but was howled down. Good biometrics makes it
> all impossible.....unless one's namesake can co-cooperate in a
> shared-name scenario.

Or just steal the ID from letterboxes.