Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  newsreader  groups  login

Message-ID:  

The cost of living is going up, and the chance of living is going down.


aus+uk / aus.legal / [Vic} No Bicycles next 300 metres

SubjectAuthor
* [Vic} No Bicycles next 300 metresForrest
`* Re: [Vic} No Bicycles next 300 metresMax
 `- Re: [Vic} No Bicycles next 300 metresJONZ

1
[Vic} No Bicycles next 300 metres

<5fa04fc4-d725-45a5-a6c7-c8a935bd32c3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7044&group=aus.legal#7044

  copy link   Newsgroups: aus.legal
X-Received: by 2002:a37:388:0:b0:6b9:c64e:9c28 with SMTP id 130-20020a370388000000b006b9c64e9c28mr1001165qkd.57.1660203186798;
Thu, 11 Aug 2022 00:33:06 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6214:242e:b0:476:9c9d:c5a0 with SMTP id
gy14-20020a056214242e00b004769c9dc5a0mr27683850qvb.41.1660203186655; Thu, 11
Aug 2022 00:33:06 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.blueworldhosting.com!feed1.usenet.blueworldhosting.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 00:33:06 -0700 (PDT)
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=1.136.110.29; posting-account=mTh_FwoAAABDm67LKLpRRHIcCnc8snyI
NNTP-Posting-Host: 1.136.110.29
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <5fa04fc4-d725-45a5-a6c7-c8a935bd32c3n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [Vic} No Bicycles next 300 metres
From: d.e.lind...@gmail.com (Forrest)
Injection-Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 07:33:06 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
X-Received-Bytes: 2022
 by: Forrest - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 07:33 UTC

Near where I live there's a short section of footpath that leads to a major Bicycle Trail.

The only access to the trail from the nearby road is via this footpath which winds through a small piece of parkland.

There is no other footpath on either side of the road.

There is another sign which warns that "Snakes share this path".

Today a new sign appeared at each end of this path which says; "No bicycles next 300 metres".

So, what does "No Bicycles" actually mean?

Children under a certain age are permitted to ride on the footpath as are adults supervising them and adults who carry with them a medical certificate indicating that they can't ride on the road.

Legally, can you dismount and wheel your bike?

I suspect that some grumpy old bugger who lives nearby is anti bicycle and keeps complaining to the council.

If this sign were obeyed by everyone to the letter of the "sign", school students riding to or from school would have to find a way to get out onto the road.

It just doesn't seem to make any sense.

Re: [Vic} No Bicycles next 300 metres

<td49ih$ipd$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7047&group=aus.legal#7047

  copy link   Newsgroups: aus.legal
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!aioe.org!y5+HOOoKIMtxjCZfPYnWgA.user.46.165.242.91.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: [Vic} No Bicycles next 300 metres
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 11:14:54 +1000
Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server
Message-ID: <td49ih$ipd$1@gioia.aioe.org>
References: <5fa04fc4-d725-45a5-a6c7-c8a935bd32c3n@googlegroups.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: gioia.aioe.org; logging-data="19245"; posting-host="y5+HOOoKIMtxjCZfPYnWgA.user.gioia.aioe.org"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@aioe.org";
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/91.12.0
X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.2
 by: Max - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 01:14 UTC

On 11/08/2022 5:33 pm, Forrest wrote:
> Near where I live there's a short section of footpath that leads to a major Bicycle Trail.
>
> The only access to the trail from the nearby road is via this footpath which winds through a small piece of parkland.
>
> There is no other footpath on either side of the road.
>
> There is another sign which warns that "Snakes share this path".
>
> Today a new sign appeared at each end of this path which says; "No bicycles next 300 metres".
>
> So, what does "No Bicycles" actually mean?
>
> Children under a certain age are permitted to ride on the footpath as are adults supervising them and adults who carry with them a medical certificate indicating that they can't ride on the road.
>
> Legally, can you dismount and wheel your bike?
>

It's likely that wheeling your bike would be OK. The purpose of the
rule being that it keeps pedestrians safe from bikes.

> I suspect that some grumpy old bugger who lives nearby is anti bicycle and keeps complaining to the council.
>
> If this sign were obeyed by everyone to the letter of the "sign", school students riding to or from school would have to find a way to get out onto the road.
>

That's not so bad. They shouldn't have to ride through a park where
people might be walking.

> It just doesn't seem to make any sense.

Re: [Vic} No Bicycles next 300 metres

<td4nfb$2a0fb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7052&group=aus.legal#7052

  copy link   Newsgroups: aus.legal
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!reader01.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: noth...@orthere.com (JONZ)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: [Vic} No Bicycles next 300 metres
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 15:12:11 +1000
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 52
Message-ID: <td4nfb$2a0fb$1@dont-email.me>
References: <5fa04fc4-d725-45a5-a6c7-c8a935bd32c3n@googlegroups.com>
<td49ih$ipd$1@gioia.aioe.org>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 05:12:12 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader01.eternal-september.org; posting-host="4470ea25b5f030a049d5f5121e1932ca";
logging-data="2425323"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1/Nua/OPp37SVWNOgPPj9Kt"
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:102.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/102.1.0
Cancel-Lock: sha1:pYMiBnfaaWV3hVMWw+/divSFgFE=
In-Reply-To: <td49ih$ipd$1@gioia.aioe.org>
Content-Language: en-US
 by: JONZ - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 05:12 UTC

On 8/12/2022 11:14 AM, Max wrote:
> On 11/08/2022 5:33 pm, Forrest wrote:
>> Near where I live there's a short section of footpath that leads to a
>> major Bicycle Trail.
>>
>> The only access to the trail from the nearby road is via this footpath
>> which winds through a small piece of parkland.
>>
>> There is no other footpath on either side of the road.
>>
>> There is another sign which warns that "Snakes share this path".
>>
>> Today a new sign appeared at each end of this path which says; "No
>> bicycles next 300 metres".
>>
>> So, what does "No Bicycles" actually mean?
>>
>> Children under a certain age are permitted to ride on the footpath as
>> are adults supervising them and adults who carry with them a medical
>> certificate indicating that they can't ride on the road.
>>
>> Legally, can you dismount and wheel your bike?
>>
>
> It's likely that wheeling your bike would be OK.  The purpose of the
> rule being that it keeps pedestrians safe from bikes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For 300m??.
>
>
>
>
>> I suspect that some grumpy old bugger who lives nearby is anti bicycle
>> and keeps complaining to the council.
>>
>> If this sign were obeyed by everyone to the letter of the "sign",
>> school students riding to or from school would have to find a way to
>> get out onto the road.
>>
>
> That's not so bad. They shouldn't have to ride through a park where
> people might be walking.
>
>
>
>
>> It just doesn't seem to make any sense.
>
>


aus+uk / aus.legal / [Vic} No Bicycles next 300 metres

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor