Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 04:22:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: How not to park: Tesco delivery driver just misses cyclist
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 11:22 UTC

Every little helps' presumably refers to how much extra space you should give this Tesco delivery driver whacking the van into a space, regardless of the cyclist waiting to ride off.

"My bike is on the road, I’m about to mount and move off. Your driver wants to park where I am so he just pretends I’m not there. Unbelievable," the rider explained after this incident in Teddington yesterday morning.

Reporting supermarket drivers is a bit hit-and-miss, pardon the pun, with another rider predicting either no response or an all-too-public 'ask you to DM us' to get the angry mob off their back...

We've covered our fair share of dodgy delivery driving in our time...

In 2017, a cyclist sued Tesco for more than £100,000 after a delivery driver allegedly drove into and then over her in London.

Kate McElroy was riding to work in December when the driver pulled out in her path at the junction of Southwark Bridge Road and Great Guildford Street..

McElroy was knocked to the ground and went under the van. The driver is said to have driven over her, crushing her pelvis.

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-18-march-2022-291165#live-blog-item-32591

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / How not to park: Tesco delivery driver just misses cyclist