From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: utilities charges
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 21:40:29 +1000
 by: Max - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 11:40 UTC

This is a post on Whirlpool:

I recently put my apartment for rent and I didn’t know I had to cancel
power and gas account. The new tenants did not setup a new account so
all the bills are still under my name.

The lease agent told me that the tenants refused to pay the bills
because it was my responsibility to cancel the account. They said they
tried to open account but they couldn’t because my account was not
cancelled. So they thought it’s free to use even though it says the
opposite in the contract. The agent told me that he can’t do anything
about it.

I know it’s my stupid mistake but I feel bad that they are taking
advantage of that. Is there anything I can do?

-------------------

What should this landlord do?

Could he bill the tenants for the utilities charges that were accrued
during the tenancy, even though the bill is in the landlord's name?

Re: utilities charges

<fac90f06-f132-423a-9987-05300fe86b5an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7068&group=aus.legal#7068

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 06:05:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: utilities charges
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 13:05 UTC

The Dumbest Wog on Earth Max wrote:
===========================> This is a post on Whirlpool:

> I recently put my apartment for rent and I didn’t know I had to cancel
> power and gas account. The new tenants did not setup a new account so
> all the bills are still under my name.
>
> The lease agent told me that the tenants refused to pay the bills
> because it was my responsibility to cancel the account. They said they
> tried to open account but they couldn’t because my account was not
> cancelled. So they thought it’s free to use even though it says the
> opposite in the contract. The agent told me that he can’t do anything
> about it.

** He's right.

> I know it’s my stupid mistake but I feel bad that they are taking
> advantage of that. Is there anything I can do?

** Top yourself.

Re: utilities charges

<op.1q0ellhjbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7071&group=aus.legal#7071

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 05:47:35 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 19:47 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

> This is a post on Whirlpool:

> I recently put my apartment for rent and I didn’t know I had to cancel
> power and gas account. The new tenants did not setup a new accountso
> all the bills are still under my name.

> The lease agent told me that the tenants refused to pay the bills
> because it was my responsibility to cancel the account. They said they
> tried to open account but they couldn’t because my account was not
> cancelled. So they thought it’s free to use even though it says the
> opposite in the contract. The agent told me that he can’t do anything
> about it.

> I know it’s my stupid mistake but I feel bad that they are taking
> advantage of that. Is there anything I can do?

> -------------------

> What should this landlord do?

Wear its stupidity.

> Could he bill the tenants for the utilities charges that were accrued
> during the tenancy, even though the bill is in the landlord's name?

The tenant doesn't have to pay it, particularly as no one knows what
the meter readings were when they moved in.

Re: utilities charges

<tdmp5o$13cc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7076&group=aus.legal#7076

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 11:31:34 +1000
 by: Max - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 01:31 UTC

On 17/08/2022 5:47 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>
>> This is a post on Whirlpool:
>
>> I recently put my apartment for rent and I didn’t know I had to cancel
>> power and gas account. The new tenants did not setup a new accountso
>> all the bills are still under my name.
>
>> The lease agent told me that the tenants refused to pay the bills
>> because it was my responsibility to cancel the account. They said they
>> tried to open account but they couldn’t because my account was not
>> cancelled. So they thought it’s free to use even though it says the
>> opposite in the contract. The agent told me that he can’t do anything
>> about it.
>
>> I know it’s my stupid mistake but I feel bad that they are taking
>> advantage of that. Is there anything I can do?
>
>> -------------------
>
>> What should this landlord do?
>
> Wear its stupidity.
>
>> Could he bill the tenants for the utilities charges that were accrued
>> during the tenancy, even though the bill is in the landlord's name?
>
> The tenant doesn't have to pay it, particularly as no one knows what
> the meter readings were when they moved in.

There still should be some estimate as to the utilities used during the
tenancy so that the tenants can pay the landlord for this usage.

The tenants should not be able to get out of paying for what they used,
just because the account stayed in the landlord's name.

Re: utilities charges

<k3stfh1b4uaghdn5cmjrminerlql23enus@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7077&group=aus.legal#7077

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:08:57 +1000
 by: Petzl - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 02:08 UTC

On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 11:31:34 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

>On 17/08/2022 5:47 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>
>>> This is a post on Whirlpool:
>>
>>> I recently put my apartment for rent and I didn’t know I had to cancel
>>> power and gas account. The new tenants did not setup a new accountso
>>> all the bills are still under my name.
>>
>>> The lease agent told me that the tenants refused to pay the bills
>>> because it was my responsibility to cancel the account. They said they
>>> tried to open account but they couldn’t because my account was not
>>> cancelled. So they thought it’s free to use even though it says the
>>> opposite in the contract. The agent told me that he can’t do anything
>>> about it.
>>
>>> I know it’s my stupid mistake but I feel bad that they are taking
>>> advantage of that. Is there anything I can do?
>>
>>> -------------------
>>
>>> What should this landlord do?
>>
>> Wear its stupidity.
>>
>>> Could he bill the tenants for the utilities charges that were accrued
>>> during the tenancy, even though the bill is in the landlord's name?
>>
>> The tenant doesn't have to pay it, particularly as no one knows what
>> the meter readings were when they moved in.
>
>There still should be some estimate as to the utilities used during the
>tenancy so that the tenants can pay the landlord for this usage.
>
>The tenants should not be able to get out of paying for what they used,
>just because the account stayed in the landlord's name.

It shouldn't it would be in the tenants name.
Same for phone, gas
--
Petzl
ALWAYS Vote oligarchies Coalition, Labor, "Greens"

Re: utilities charges

<gmstfhhbb89u66t2k647kf4bt0i57ilcrv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7078&group=aus.legal#7078

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:18:08 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 02:18 UTC

On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:08:57 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 11:31:34 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:
>
>>On 17/08/2022 5:47 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> Wear its stupidity.

>>> The tenant doesn't have to pay it, particularly as no one knows what
>>> the meter readings were when they moved in.
>>
>>There still should be some estimate as to the utilities used during the
>>tenancy so that the tenants can pay the landlord for this usage.
>>
>>The tenants should not be able to get out of paying for what they used,
>>just because the account stayed in the landlord's name.
>>
>It shouldn't it would be in the tenants name.
>Same for phone, gas

It helps to vote backwards.

Re: utilities charges

<op.1q4l3sxmbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7079&group=aus.legal#7079

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:20:06 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 02:20 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> This is a post on Whirlpool:

>>> I recently put my apartment for rent and I didn’t know I had to cancel
>>> power and gas account. The new tenants did not setup a new accountso
>>> all the bills are still under my name.

>>> The lease agent told me that the tenants refused to pay the bills
>>> because it was my responsibility to cancel the account. They said they
>>> tried to open account but they couldn’t because my account was not
>>> cancelled. So they thought it’s free to use even though it says the
>>> opposite in the contract. The agent told me that he can’t do anything
>>> about it.

>>> I know it’s my stupid mistake but I feel bad that they are taking
>>> advantage of that. Is there anything I can do?

>>> -------------------

>>> What should this landlord do?

>> Wear its stupidity.

>>> Could he bill the tenants for the utilities charges that were accrued
>>> during the tenancy, even though the bill is in the landlord's name?

>> The tenant doesn't have to pay it, particularly as no one knows what
>> the meter readings were when they moved in.

> There still should be some estimate as to the utilities used during the
> tenancy

Nope, the usage may be very different at the time of the changeover.

> so that the tenants can pay the landlord for this usage.

No reason why the tenant should, the landlord fucked up and gets to wear
that.

> The tenants should not be able to get out of paying for what they used,
> just because the account stayed in the landlord's name.

You are wrong, as always.

Re: utilities charges

<tdn4r6$g3n$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7080&group=aus.legal#7080

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 14:50:43 +1000
 by: Max - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 04:50 UTC

On 19/08/2022 12:08 pm, Petzl wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 11:31:34 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:
>
>> On 17/08/2022 5:47 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> Wear its stupidity.

>>> The tenant doesn't have to pay it, particularly as no one knows what
>>> the meter readings were when they moved in.
>>
>> There still should be some estimate as to the utilities used during the
>> tenancy so that the tenants can pay the landlord for this usage.
>>
>> The tenants should not be able to get out of paying for what they used,
>> just because the account stayed in the landlord's name.
>>
> It shouldn't it would be in the tenants name.
> Same for phone, gas

In this case it was still in the landlord's name because he didn't
cancel the account when he put his apartment up for rent.

The landlord wants the tenants to pay, but the lease agent told him that
he couldn't make that happen.

Re: utilities charges

<op.1q4ufldxbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7081&group=aus.legal#7081

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 15:19:59 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 05:19 UTC

On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 14:50:43 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

> On 19/08/2022 12:08 pm, Petzl wrote:

>>> There still should be some estimate as to the utilities used during the
>>> tenancy so that the tenants can pay the landlord for this usage.
>>>
>>> The tenants should not be able to get out of paying for what they used,
>>> just because the account stayed in the landlord's name.
>>>
>> It shouldn't it would be in the tenants name.
>> Same for phone, gas
>
> In this case it was still in the landlord's name because he didn't
> cancel the account when he put his apartment up for rent.
>
> The landlord wants the tenants to pay, but the lease agent told him that
> he couldn't make that happen.

Of course he couldn't because no one knows the meter reading at changeover
time.

Re: utilities charges

<jm92vfFnjvdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7082&group=aus.legal#7082

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 19:20:45 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 09:20 UTC

On 16-Aug-22 9:40 pm, Max wrote:
> This is a post on Whirlpool:
>
> I recently put my apartment for rent and I didn’t know I had to cancel
> power and gas account. The new tenants did not setup a new account so
> all the bills are still under my name.
>
> The lease agent told me that the tenants refused to pay the bills
> because it was my responsibility to cancel the account. They said they
> tried to open account but they couldn’t because my account was not
> cancelled. So they thought it’s free to use even though it says the
> opposite in the contract. The agent told me that he can’t do anything
> about it.
>
> I know it’s my stupid mistake but I feel bad that they are taking
> advantage of that. Is there anything I can do?
>
> -------------------
>
> What should this landlord do?
>
> Could he bill the tenants for the utilities charges that were accrued
> during the tenancy, even though the bill is in the landlord's name?

If the lease says that the tenants are responsible for the cost of the
electricity and gas that they use, then they are. It doesn't matter
whose name the bill was in.

The landlord can go after the tenants to get the money that the landlord
has been charged for the utilities. The agent is pretty useless if he
doesn't know how to do that.

Sylvia.

Re: utilities charges

<op.1q46akdrbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7083&group=aus.legal#7083

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 19:36:10 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 09:36 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> Max wrote

>> This is a post on Whirlpool:
>> I recently put my apartment for rent and I didn’t know I had to cancel
>> power and gas account. The new tenants did not setup a new account so
>> all the bills are still under my name.
>> The lease agent told me that the tenants refused to pay the bills
>> because it was my responsibility to cancel the account. They said they
>> tried to open account but they couldn’t because my account was not
>> cancelled. So they thought it’s free to use even though it says the
>> opposite in the contract. The agent told me that he can’t do anything
>> about it.
>> I know it’s my stupid mistake but I feel bad that they are taking
>> advantage of that. Is there anything I can do?
>> -------------------
>> What should this landlord do?
>> Could he bill the tenants for the utilities charges that were accrued
>> during the tenancy, even though the bill is in the landlord's name?
>
> If the lease says that the tenants are responsible for the cost of the
> electricity and gas that they use, then they are. It doesn't matter
> whose name the bill was in.

But it does matter that there is no reading of the meter
when the tenant became liable for the charges.

> The landlord can go after the tenants to get the moneythat the landlord
> has been charged for the utilities.

Not when there is no reading of the meter when
the tenant became liable for the charges.

> The agent is pretty useless if he doesn't know how to do that.

So are you. How do you propose that the meter is read now ?

Re: utilities charges

<b6c2f796-f8b4-4f51-9514-0d6577201cf4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7084&group=aus.legal#7084

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 02:46:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 09:46 UTC

Sylvia Else wrote:
==============

> > What should this landlord do?
>
> If the lease says that the tenants are responsible for the cost of the
> electricity and gas that they use, then they are. It doesn't matter
> whose name the bill was in.

** True enough, but the LL has to end his utilities contracts, get meter readings and a final bill for that to happen.
So the LL frustrated his own contract.

> The landlord can go after the tenants to get the money that the landlord
> has been charged for the utilities. The agent is pretty useless if he
> doesn't know how to do that.

** In reality, LLs always have the upper hand.

1. They can up the rent to compensate themselves soon as possible.
2. They can withhold monies owed from the bond ( up to 4 weeks rent) when the lease ends.

SFA the tenant can do against either.

...... Phil

Re: utilities charges

<jm96kbFo6efU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7085&group=aus.legal#7085

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 20:23:05 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 10:23 UTC

On 19-Aug-22 7:36 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
>> Max wrote
>
>>> This is a post on Whirlpool:
>>>  I recently put my apartment for rent and I didn’t know I had to
>>> cancel power and gas account. The new tenants did not setup a new
>>> account so all the bills are still under my name.
>>>  The lease agent told me that the tenants refused to pay the bills
>>> because it was my responsibility to cancel the account. They said
>>> they tried to open account but they couldn’t because my account was
>>> not cancelled. So they thought it’s free to use even though it says
>>> the opposite in the contract. The agent told me that he can’t do
>>> anything about it.
>>>  I know it’s my stupid mistake but I feel bad that they are taking
>>> advantage of that. Is there anything I can do?
>>>  -------------------
>>>  What should this landlord do?
>>>  Could he bill the tenants for the utilities charges that were
>>> accrued during the tenancy, even though the bill is in the landlord's
>>> name?
>>
>> If the lease says that the tenants are responsible for the cost of the
>> electricity and gas that they use, then they are. It doesn't matter
>> whose name the bill was in.
>
> But it does matter that there is no reading of the meter
> when the tenant became liable for the charges.
>
>> The landlord can go after the tenants to get the moneythat the
>> landlord  has been charged for the utilities.
>
> Not when there is no reading of the meter when
> the tenant became liable for the charges.
>
>> The agent is pretty useless if he doesn't know how to do that.
>
> So are you. How do you propose that the meter is read now ?

We don't know what time period is involved, but meters get read from
time to time. Any actual readings done during the period of the tenancy
would put a lower limit on what is owed.

For the rest, these things are decided on balance of probability. A
tribunal might well be persuaded to extrapolate from a period of known
consumption to estimate the unknown consumption.

This does rather raise the question of what was happening to the bills
in the mean time.

Sylvia.

Re: utilities charges

<jm96ueFo7s9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7086&group=aus.legal#7086

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 20:28:28 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 10:28 UTC

On 19-Aug-22 7:46 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
> Sylvia Else wrote:
> ==============
>>
>>> What should this landlord do?
>>
>> If the lease says that the tenants are responsible for the cost of the
>> electricity and gas that they use, then they are. It doesn't matter
>> whose name the bill was in.
>>
> ** True enough, but the LL has to end his utilities contracts, get meter readings and a final bill for that to happen.
> So the LL frustrated his own contract.
>
>> The landlord can go after the tenants to get the money that the landlord
>> has been charged for the utilities. The agent is pretty useless if he
>> doesn't know how to do that.
>
> ** In reality, LLs always have the upper hand.
>
> 1. They can up the rent to compensate themselves soon as possible.
> 2. They can withhold monies owed from the bond ( up to 4 weeks rent) when the lease ends.
>
> SFA the tenant can do against either.
>

> ..... Phil

Many years ago, when I was a tenant, a LL tried to claim the bond, or
part of it, for cleaning the carpet.

I applied to the tribunal, and the LL or agent didn't even show up to
the hearing, so I got the entire bond back. Took a long time, though,
and the entire bond was being withheld in the mean time. This was back
when such things were possible, and was likely a strategy - agree to pay
some, or wait a long time. I hope such abused have been curtailed.

Sylvia.

Re: utilities charges

<tdnp90$1sqt$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7087&group=aus.legal#7087

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 20:39:27 +1000
 by: Max - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 10:39 UTC

On 19/08/2022 8:28 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 19-Aug-22 7:46 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
>> Sylvia Else wrote:
>> ==============

>>> If the lease says that the tenants are responsible for the cost of the
>>> electricity and gas that they use, then they are. It doesn't matter
>>> whose name the bill was in.
>>>
>> ** True enough, but the LL has to end his utilities contracts, get
>> meter readings and a final bill for that to happen.
>>      So the LL frustrated his own contract.
>>
>>> The landlord can go after the tenants to get the money that the landlord
>>> has been charged for the utilities. The agent is pretty useless if he
>>> doesn't know how to do that.
>>
>> **  In reality, LLs always have the upper hand.
>>
>>   1.  They can up the rent to compensate themselves soon as possible.
>>   2.  They can withhold monies owed from the bond ( up to 4 weeks
>> rent) when the lease ends.
>>
>>   SFA the tenant can do against either.
>>

>> .....    Phil
>>

> Many years ago, when I was a tenant, a LL tried to claim the bond, or
> part of it, for cleaning the carpet.
>
> I applied to the tribunal, and the LL or agent didn't even show up to
> the hearing, so I got the entire bond back. Took a long time, though,

Easy for you to go to the hearing. What about tenants who can't take
time off work to do that?

> and the entire bond was being withheld in the mean time. This was back
> when such things were possible, and was likely a strategy - agree to pay
> some, or wait a long time. I hope such abused have been curtailed.
>
> Sylvia.

Re: utilities charges

<op.1q5vh7i3byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7088&group=aus.legal#7088

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 04:40:45 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 18:40 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
>>> Max wrote

>>> If the lease says that the tenants are responsible for the cost of the
>>> electricity and gas that they use,

Most don't do that with residential property leases.

>>> then they are. It doesn't matter whose name the bill was in.

>> But it does matter that there is no reading of the meter
>> when the tenant became liable for the charges.

>>> The landlord can go after the tenants to get the moneythat the
>>> landlord has been charged for the utilities.

>> Not when there is no reading of the meter when
>> the tenant became liable for the charges.

>>> The agent is pretty useless if he doesn't know how to do that.

>> So are you. How do you propose that the meter is read now ?

> We don't know what time period is involved,

It can't have been long, presumably just till the landlord
got the next bill and realised that there was a problem.

> but meters get read from time to time.

Mostly 3 monthly, but most billers bill monthly now.

> Any actual readings done during the period of the tenancy would put a
> lower limit on what is owed.

Unlikely that there would be any readings before the
monthly bill showed up for the landlord and even if
there had been a meter reading done before the
landlord noticed the problem, it would be useless to
determine how much of the bill the tenant should pay.

> For the rest, these things are decided on balance of probability.

Not even possible given that the usage by both the landlord
and tenant can be so different, particularly during the time
between the landlord moving out and the tenant moving in.

> A tribunal

It isn't a matter that the tribunal would consider. The
landlord fucked up and gets to wear the initial bill.

> might well be persuaded to extrapolate from a period of known
> consumption to estimate the unknown consumption.

No chance, they wouldn't even get involved.

> This does rather raise the question of whatwas happening to the bills
> in the mean time.

Presumably the landlord closed the account
and paid the final bill and is now attempting
to get the tenant to pay part of the final bill.

Re: utilities charges

<9ed0gh9s3fb0jn4fg5vsl5onuckeji0f0f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7089&group=aus.legal#7089

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 11:17:53 +1000
 by: Petzl - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 01:17 UTC

On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 14:50:43 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

>On 19/08/2022 12:08 pm, Petzl wrote:

>>> There still should be some estimate as to the utilities used during the
>>> tenancy so that the tenants can pay the landlord for this usage.
>>>
>>> The tenants should not be able to get out of paying for what they used,
>>> just because the account stayed in the landlord's name.
>>>
>> It shouldn't it would be in the tenants name.
>> Same for phone, gas
>
>In this case it was still in the landlord's name because he didn't
>cancel the account when he put his apartment up for rent.
>
>The landlord wants the tenants to pay, but the lease agent told him that
>he couldn't make that happen.

Bit sus that the landlord did this?
A risk the landlord took.
Maybe one power supply for both apartments?
--
Petzl
Make Australia Great Again

Mark Latham has seen the light
Voting Coalition, Labor or "Greens" because you hate One Nation is like eating shit because you hate spinach

ALWAYS Vote fiefdom oligarchies Coalition, Labor, "Greens"
*LAST*, Federal State and Council!
https://youtu.be/-B___WPT33w
Pauline Hanson's Please Explain Episode 24 Voter Fraud