Think of your family tonight. Try to crawl home after the computer crashes.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

SubjectAuthor
* 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies onswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesJNugent
|`- Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesJNugent
+- Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesSpike
`* Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesswldx...@gmail.com
 `* Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesswldx...@gmail.com
  +- Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesJNugent
  `* Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesswldx...@gmail.com
   `* Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesswldx...@gmail.com
    +- Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesSpike
    +* Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesswldx...@gmail.com
    |`* Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesSpike
    | `* Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesPeter Keller
    |  `* Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesswldx...@gmail.com
    |   `- Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesJNugent
    +* Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesswldx...@gmail.com
    |`* Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesswldx...@gmail.com
    | +- Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesJNugent
    | `* Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesswldx...@gmail.com
    |  `* Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesswldx...@gmail.com
    |   +- Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesJNugent
    |   `- Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesswldx...@gmail.com
    `- Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist diesJNugent

1
'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<42d50cf4-e692-4f42-8bf9-66087e082986n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6900&group=uk.rec.cycling#6900

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 10:21:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on
county's roads
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 17:21 UTC

Campaigners have placed a 'ghost bike' at the site of a fatal cycling crash near Cambridge in a bid to prevent future tragedies.

Camcycle has left the bike at the junction of Little Wilbraham Road and the A1303, where a man died while cycling earlier this year. The charity wants the white bicycle to act as a memorial to him and others killed or seriously injured while walking and cycling on Cambridgeshire’s rural roads, as well as raising awareness of their efforts to boost safety.

It comes after Camcycle placed a ghost bike at the Addenbrooke’s roundabout in Cambridge, following the death of physiotherapist Anna Garratt-Quinton who was killed while cycling to work. On the same day, it launched a new campaign for Safe Junctions, calling for action from local authorities and asking for information from local people on the places they would like to see improved.

Camcycle says the number of cyclists killed on rural roads has risen, citing Department for Transport data which shows 89 people lost their lives in 2020, compared with 48 in 2018 and 60 in 2019.

Camcycle’s executive director Roxanne De Beaux said: "We are devastated that another person has been killed while cycling on our roads; action to improve rural routes can’t come soon enough. CTC Cambridge highlighted the lack of a safe crossing at the A1303 junction in 2019 and communities in the Wilbrahams have been calling for better active travel infrastructure for many years.

"We support their request for safe links to the proposed Greenways and call for improvements on rural routes right across the county. It’s a scandal that in 2022 so many residents living in rural communities have to weigh up the risk to their lives before walking and cycling for everyday journeys.

"If local authorities are serious about helping more people choose active travel options and reducing road injuries, they must take urgent action to keep people of all ages and abilities safe.”

Visit camcycle.org.uk/safejunctions to find out more about Camcycle’s Safe Junctions campaign.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/ghost-bike-placed-cambs-junction-23373841

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<j99do5F9li9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6901&group=uk.rec.cycling#6901

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies
on county's roads
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 17:53:09 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 17:53 UTC

> Campaigners have placed a 'ghost bike' at the site of a fatal cycling crash near Cambridge in a bid to prevent future tragedies.
>
> Camcycle has left the bike at the junction of Little Wilbraham Road and the A1303, where a man died while cycling earlier this year.

How many vehicles were involved?

> The charity wants the white bicycle to act as a memorial to him and others killed or seriously injured while walking and cycling on Cambridgeshire’s rural roads, as well as raising awareness of their efforts to boost safety.
>
> It comes after Camcycle placed a ghost bike at the Addenbrooke’s roundabout in Cambridge, following the death of physiotherapist Anna Garratt-Quinton who was killed while cycling to work.

How many vehicles were involved?

> On the same day, it launched a new campaign for Safe Junctions, calling for action from local authorities and asking for information from local people on the places they would like to see improved.
>
> Camcycle says the number of cyclists killed on rural roads has risen, citing Department for Transport data which shows 89 people lost their lives in 2020, compared with 48 in 2018 and 60 in 2019.

Over the same period as "Camcycle" says the number of cyclists killed on
rural roads has risen, has the number of people using cycles rise,
stayed the same or risen?

> Camcycle’s executive director Roxanne De Beaux said: "We are devastated that another person has been killed while cycling on our roads; action to improve rural routes can’t come soon enough. CTC Cambridge highlighted the lack of a safe crossing at the A1303 junction in 2019 and communities in the Wilbrahams have been calling for better active travel infrastructure for many years.
>
> "We support their request for safe links to the proposed Greenways and call for improvements on rural routes right across the county. It’s a scandal that in 2022 so many residents living in rural communities have to weigh up the risk to their lives before walking and cycling for everyday journeys.
>
> "If local authorities are serious about helping more people choose active travel options and reducing road injuries, they must take urgent action to keep people of all ages and abilities safe.”
>
> Visit camcycle.org.uk/safejunctions to find out more about Camcycle’s Safe Junctions campaign.
>
> https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/ghost-bike-placed-cambs-junction-23373841

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<j99e18F9li9U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6902&group=uk.rec.cycling#6902

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
on county's roads
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 17:58:00 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 17:58 UTC

On 14/03/2022 05:53 pm, JNugent wrote:
> On 14/03/2022 05:21 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Campaigners have placed a 'ghost bike' at the site of a fatal cycling
>> crash near Cambridge in a bid to prevent future tragedies.
>>
>> Camcycle has left the bike at the junction of Little Wilbraham Road
>> and the A1303, where a man died while cycling earlier this year.
>
> How many vehicles were involved?
>
>> The charity wants the white bicycle to act as a memorial to him and
>> others killed or seriously injured while walking and cycling on
>> Cambridgeshire’s rural roads, as well as raising awareness of their
>> efforts to boost safety.
>>
>> It comes after Camcycle placed a ghost bike at the Addenbrooke’s
>> roundabout in Cambridge, following the death of physiotherapist Anna
>> Garratt-Quinton who was killed while cycling to work.
>
> How many vehicles were involved?
>
>> On the same day, it launched a new campaign for Safe Junctions,
>> calling for action from local authorities and asking for information
>> from local people on the places they would like to see improved.
>>
>> Camcycle says the number of cyclists killed on rural roads has risen,
>> citing Department for Transport data which shows 89 people lost their
>> lives in 2020, compared with 48 in 2018 and 60 in 2019.
>
> Over the same period as "Camcycle" says the number of cyclists killed on
> rural roads has risen, has the number of people using cycles rise,
> stayed the same or risen?

ERRATUM:

That should have read:
Over the same period as "Camcycle" says the number of cyclists killed on
rural roads has risen, has the number of people using cycles risen,
stayed the same or fallen?

>> Camcycle’s executive director Roxanne De Beaux said: "We are
>> devastated that another person has been killed while cycling on our
>> roads; action to improve rural routes can’t come soon enough. CTC
>> Cambridge highlighted the lack of a safe crossing at the A1303
>> junction in 2019 and communities in the Wilbrahams have been calling
>> for better active travel infrastructure for many years.
>>
>> "We support their request for safe links to the proposed Greenways and
>> call for improvements on rural routes right across the county. It’s a
>> scandal that in 2022 so many residents living in rural communities
>> have to weigh up the risk to their lives before walking and cycling
>> for everyday journeys.
>>
>> "If local authorities are serious about helping more people choose
>> active travel options and reducing road injuries, they must take
>> urgent action to keep people of all ages and abilities safe.”
>>
>> Visit camcycle.org.uk/safejunctions to find out more about Camcycle’s
>> Safe Junctions campaign.
>>
>> https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/ghost-bike-placed-cambs-junction-23373841

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<abd84863-3189-41ed-9b46-c2240597af37n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6907&group=uk.rec.cycling#6907

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 13:47:03 -0700 (PDT)
on county's roads
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 20:47 UTC

On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 5:21:42 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

There are also local white flowers associated with this event. No other vehicles involved.

Tragedy of teenager who died in motorway crash after detour to see Humber Bridge.

A teenager "with a heart of gold" lost control of his new car and died when it crashed after it is believed he took a diversion to see the Humber Bridge.

Lewis Robinson, 18, died after delivering a bike to Hull when his VW Golf left the M180 near Scunthorpe, became airborne and flipped over. His best friend and passenger walked away from the crash with minor injuries.

There was no suggestion Lewis had been speeding when the accident happened, an inquest found.

The hearing heard Lewis had been so impressed with The Humber Bridge on a previous visit to Hull with his dad that instead of driving straight back to his home in Morley, Leeds, he took a detour to cross the bridge on his way back.

But shortly afterwards the young joiner failed to negotiate a right hand bend on the M180 near Scunthorpe and ploughed through a fence.

His red Volkswagen Golf, which he had just recently purchased, became airborne after the car collided with a pile of rubble in a field. It caused the the VW to roll over, killing Lewis.

His best friend, named only as Sammie in the inquest, was in the passenger seat, but escaped with only minor injuries.

The teenage driver and his friend were returning home to Morley after delivering a cycle to Hull on September 19 2020, at around midday.

Father Paul Robinson employed his son in his joinery business. He said they had travelled to The Deep in Hull earlier in the year and he wanted to show his son The Humber Bridge. But due to weather conditions there were restrictions.

He told that his son may have taken the opportunity to travel across the bridge on his return from Hull that morning.

Paul Robinson told the inquest at Cleethorpes Town Hall: "My son was a very loving and caring young man. I was so proud to have him as a son. He had a heart of gold. The customers always said how polite he was. All his family and friends remember him as always putting others first before himself. He liked to help others."

He added: "He was a determined young man. He would set a goal for himself and achieve it, like saving up for his car. He was happy when he got his dream car. He was getting a home to share with his best friend Sammie. He could not wait. He was going to the gym six nights a week. He loved trekking and mountain biking.

"I was always proud to call him my son."

Range Rover driver, Ian Page of Winterton said he saw the red VW Golf also travelling westbound after he had set off from Brigg. He said the other car was travelling at about the same speed as his car at around 75mph.

He told the inquest he saw the car carry on off the carriageway onto the hard shoulder, onto the grass verge and down an embankment. He called emergency services. A wooden fence stood on the boundary to an area known as Bottesford Moor.
The inquest heard after delivering a bike to Hull, Lewis had probably taken a detour to see the Humber Bridge before the accident happened on the M180 near Scunthorpe (Image: Getty)

A post mortem examination revealed Lewis died instantly from a serious head injury. Tests showed there was no alcohol or drugs in his system which could have contributed to the loss of concentration.

Forensic collision investigator, Mark Senior told the inquest there were no faults with the vehicle or on the road.

He said there was also no evidence of the car speeding.

"It has all the hallmarks of the driver not fully concentrating. He made a mistake. He failed to steer it round to the right. Whatever was on the mind of Lewis we will never know," he told. the hearing.

In conclusion, senior coroner for Lincolnshire, Paul Smith said the death was as a result of a road traffic collision.

He said there was nothing to suggest excess speed had contributed.

Mr Smith said: "The vehicle left the carriageway and travelled some considerable distance. Although the passenger walked away, sadly Lewis sustained fatal injuries. All the evidence points to loss of control. There is an absence of harsh braking which suggests an absence of attention on some magnitude."

Passing on his condolences to the family, Mr Smith said it was a tragic loss of a young life.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/local-news/tragedy-teenager-who-died-motorway-6797131

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<j9bgneFlq0mU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6921&group=uk.rec.cycling#6921

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
on county's roads
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 12:56:15 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 15 Mar 2022 12:56 UTC

On 14/03/2022 17:21, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Camcycle’s executive director Roxanne De Beaux said: "We are devastated that another person has been killed while cycling on our roads; action to improve rural routes can’t come soon enough.

Turn them into motorways?

--
Spike

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<a52cbcc0-b28b-4301-8fd3-4168e0f3b44dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6937&group=uk.rec.cycling#6937

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 09:57:11 -0700 (PDT)
on county's roads
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 15 Mar 2022 16:57 UTC

On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 5:21:42 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Campaigners have placed a 'ghost bike' at the site of a fatal cycling crash near Cambridge in a bid to prevent future tragedies.

Here is the equivalent of a white cycle for a dead driver - is there a clue here?

https://i2-prod.hulldailymail.co.uk/incoming/article6726993.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/0_4f482b74-0501-4035-a022-8e2ea0c94d6cjfif.jpg

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/gallery/tributes-paid-a1077-horror-crash-6726976

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<2b04afdf-e829-44f7-ae1f-a4f12419451cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6977&group=uk.rec.cycling#6977

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 04:46:54 -0700 (PDT)
on county's roads
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 11:46 UTC

On Tuesday, March 15, 2022 at 4:57:12 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 5:21:42 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Campaigners have placed a 'ghost bike' at the site of a fatal cycling crash near Cambridge in a bid to prevent future tragedies.
> Here is the equivalent of a white cycle for a dead driver - is there a clue here?
>
> https://i2-prod.hulldailymail.co.uk/incoming/article6726993.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/0_4f482b74-0501-4035-a022-8e2ea0c94d6cjfif.jpg
>
> https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/gallery/tributes-paid-a1077-horror-crash-6726976

Someone has asked my what is in the photo of the dead driver's shrine.

Cans of Stella lager - a clue there?

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<j9e5u8F72h3U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6989&group=uk.rec.cycling#6989

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
on county's roads
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 13:10:32 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 13:10 UTC

On 16/03/2022 11:46 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Tuesday, March 15, 2022 at 4:57:12 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 5:21:42 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Talking to yourself talking to yourself yet again?

>>> Campaigners have placed a 'ghost bike' at the site of a fatal cycling crash near Cambridge in a bid to prevent future tragedies.
>> Here is the equivalent of a white cycle for a dead driver - is there a clue here?
>>
>> https://i2-prod.hulldailymail.co.uk/incoming/article6726993.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/0_4f482b74-0501-4035-a022-8e2ea0c94d6cjfif.jpg
>>
>> https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/gallery/tributes-paid-a1077-horror-crash-6726976
>
> Someone has asked my what is in the photo of the dead driver's shrine.
>
> Cans of Stella lager - a clue there?

Any loony fairy-cyclist could have planted those.

Well, if they could bring themselves to spend the money out of their own
pockets, at least.

So perhaps you have a point.

OTOH, the fairy-cyclist could just have shop-lifted the cans.

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<bb10b3e4-1b43-487e-b4b8-6ed036c1e1can@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6997&group=uk.rec.cycling#6997

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 07:34:49 -0700 (PDT)
on county's roads
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 14:34 UTC

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 11:46:55 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 15, 2022 at 4:57:12 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 5:21:42 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Campaigners have placed a 'ghost bike' at the site of a fatal cycling crash near Cambridge in a bid to prevent future tragedies.
> > Here is the equivalent of a white cycle for a dead driver - is there a clue here?
> >
> > https://i2-prod.hulldailymail.co.uk/incoming/article6726993.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/0_4f482b74-0501-4035-a022-8e2ea0c94d6cjfif.jpg
> >
> > https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/gallery/tributes-paid-a1077-horror-crash-6726976
> Someone has asked my what is in the photo of the dead driver's shrine.
>
> Cans of Stella lager - a clue there?

I believe that it has been watered down to 4.6% ABV in an attempt to free itself from its "wife beater" image amongst young drivers.

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<b155a73f-b61c-41ea-9438-0cc1a6f5d39fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7011&group=uk.rec.cycling#7011

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 10:12:37 -0700 (PDT)
on county's roads
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:12 UTC

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 2:34:50 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 11:46:55 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Here is the equivalent of a white cycle for a dead driver - is there a clue here?
> > >
> > > https://i2-prod.hulldailymail.co.uk/incoming/article6726993.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/0_4f482b74-0501-4035-a022-8e2ea0c94d6cjfif.jpg
> > >
> > > https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/gallery/tributes-paid-a1077-horror-crash-6726976
> > Someone has asked my what is in the photo of the dead driver's shrine.
> >
> > Cans of Stella lager - a clue there?
> I believe that it has been watered down to 4.6% ABV in an attempt to free itself from its "wife beater" image amongst young drivers.

Judging by the detritus on our local verges, Carling and Fosters are the lagers of choice for the typical scum chav driver. Then they wonder why there are so many of them hitting trees.

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<j9em1fF2ba4U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7019&group=uk.rec.cycling#7019

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
on county's roads
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:45:20 +0000
 by: Spike - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:45 UTC

On 16/03/2022 17:12, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Judging by the detritus on our local verges, Carling and Fosters are the lagers of choice for the typical scum chav driver. Then they wonder why there are so many of them hitting trees.

Judging by the detritus on our local verges, Carling and Fosters are the
lagers of choice for the typical scum chav cyclist. Then they wonder why
there are so many of them hitting walkers and dogs.

--
Spike

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<f7803e6e-6a82-400a-8500-30c854a36691n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7021&group=uk.rec.cycling#7021

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 10:50:05 -0700 (PDT)
on county's roads
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:50 UTC

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 5:12:38 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 2:34:50 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Someone has asked my what is in the photo of the dead driver's shrine.
> > >
> > > Cans of Stella lager - a clue there?
> > I believe that it has been watered down to 4.6% ABV in an attempt to free itself from its "wife beater" image amongst young drivers.
> Judging by the detritus on our local verges, Carling and Fosters are the lagers of choice for the typical scum chav driver.

They then go about their favourite hobby of fly tipping.
Old bathrooms, doors, kitchens, rubble, bricks and even asbestos.
Utter scum.

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<1235d5c0-0993-4c04-8553-37d97bdc080fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7023&group=uk.rec.cycling#7023

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 11:35:11 -0700 (PDT)
on county's roads
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 18:35 UTC

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 5:12:38 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 2:34:50 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Someone has asked my what is in the photo of the dead driver's shrine.
> > >
> > > Cans of Stella lager - a clue there?
> > I believe that it has been watered down to 4.6% ABV in an attempt to free itself from its "wife beater" image amongst young drivers.
> Judging by the detritus on our local verges, Carling and Fosters are the lagers of choice for the typical scum chav driver. Then they wonder why there are so many of them hitting trees.

hoho:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FN_da-YXsAUhUkF?format=jpg&name=900x900

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<j9esjvF3l09U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7025&group=uk.rec.cycling#7025

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
on county's roads
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 19:37:35 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 19:37 UTC

> On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 2:34:50 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Still stick on five?

Come on... you can surely manage six layers of talking to yourself?

No-one could outdo you.

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<4f4c5db0-2ff4-47fb-89d3-43252f3e7e4an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7027&group=uk.rec.cycling#7027

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 12:43:16 -0700 (PDT)
on county's roads
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 19:43 UTC

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 6:35:13 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Budweiser and Fosters here at this shrine.
Anyone spotting the trend?

https://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/resources/images/1592180/?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<j9f8neF5tinU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7028&group=uk.rec.cycling#7028

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
on county's roads
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 23:04:15 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 23:04 UTC

> On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 6:35:13 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Budweiser and Fosters here at this shrine.
> Anyone spotting the trend?
>
> https://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/resources/images/1592180/?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

Fairy-cyclists behind the wheel, qualified for nothing more?

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<j9gdmdFcffhU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7030&group=uk.rec.cycling#7030

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
on county's roads
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 09:35:10 +0000
 by: Spike - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 09:35 UTC

On 16/03/2022 17:50, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Judging by the detritus on our local verges, Carling and Fosters are the lagers of choice for the typical scum chav driver.

> They then go about their favourite hobby of fly tipping.

> Old bathrooms, doors, kitchens, rubble, bricks and even asbestos.
> Utter scum.

Do they shit on village greens, like cyclists do? Utter scum.

--
Spike

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<bed0823c-5ce5-400f-8577-9c7b64d814a7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7032&group=uk.rec.cycling#7032

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 04:42:21 -0700 (PDT)
on county's roads
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 11:42 UTC

On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 7:43:19 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 6:35:13 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Budweiser and Fosters here at this shrine.
> Anyone spotting the trend?
>
> https://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/resources/images/1592180/?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

Anyone see the jar of apple sauce and tomato sauce? Weird.

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<t11j47$kvb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7056&group=uk.rec.cycling#7056

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
on county's roads
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 22:24:23 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 09:24 UTC

On 17/03/22 22:35, Spike wrote:
> cyclists do? Utter scum.

Thanks for the compliment.

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<2e7d0633-4a52-4f49-8539-28cc46e47cf9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7067&group=uk.rec.cycling#7067

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 04:39:04 -0700 (PDT)
on county's roads
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 11:39 UTC

On Friday, March 18, 2022 at 9:24:25 AM UTC, Peter Keller wrote:

> Thanks for the compliment.

Spotted on a car seat.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/beer-cans-and-a-nip-in-the-front-passenger-side-of-the-blue-car-in-picture-id1260577343

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<j9j9h4Fth9rU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7069&group=uk.rec.cycling#7069

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
on county's roads
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 11:42:28 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 11:42 UTC

On 18/03/2022 11:39 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Friday, March 18, 2022 at 9:24:25 AM UTC, Peter Keller wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the compliment.
>
> Spotted on a car seat.
>
> https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/beer-cans-and-a-nip-in-the-front-passenger-side-of-the-blue-car-in-picture-id1260577343

Even if that were true... so what?

What's wrong with drinking alcohol?

There used to be someone in this NG (he's still here) who boasted of
drinking large quantities of his own home-brew whilst sitting in a hole
he'd dug in the floor of his garage.

D'you remember that? ;-)

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<702cdb9c-9405-4c3f-b8df-d65c7de974ddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7072&group=uk.rec.cycling#7072

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 04:47:10 -0700 (PDT)
on county's roads
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 11:47 UTC

On Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 11:42:23 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

This driver wins the prize!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/NINTCHDBPICT000673076056-1.jpg

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<j9jafmFtoknU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7075&group=uk.rec.cycling#7075

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
on county's roads
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 11:58:46 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 11:58 UTC

On 18/03/2022 11:47 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 11:42:23 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> This driver wins the prize!
>
> https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/NINTCHDBPICT000673076056-1.jpg

That's yours.

The hole in the floor of your garage obviously needed emptying at last.

Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads

<3143a8ba-0415-4a8f-b436-c023b00fb57bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7076&group=uk.rec.cycling#7076

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 07:38:34 -0700 (PDT)
on county's roads
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 14:38 UTC

On Friday, March 18, 2022 at 11:47:11 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 11:42:23 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> This driver wins the prize!
>
> https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/NINTCHDBPICT000673076056-1.jpg

Wayne McChavscum says "hold my beer"! :-)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOI6bbhXsAQqDwO?format=png&name=900x900

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: 'Ghost bike' placed at Cambs junction after another cyclist dies on county's roads